test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (March 13, 2014) [Complete!]

12346»

Comments

• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am unable to access the game. When I press the "Engage" button on my launcher, the launcher vanishes but the game doesn't activate. Help?
  • torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You preform server maintenance uniformly every Thursday from 0700-0930 PST which is 1000-1230 EST, for valuable and loyal members of the community that reside on the east coast that work at night instead of during the day this is a prime time to turn on our game. Can you choose a less intrusive time, like earlier in the AM even for easterners or in the middle of the night?

Thank you for this consideration, and thank you for this wonderfully addicting game

People always think they've got entirely new ideas:
    tacofangs wrote: »
    No, the point is that it always happens when it affects the fewest players. If you graph out the number of players currently in the game over the course of 24 hours, you will come up with something that is roughly a sine wave. Our maintenance happens at the lowest point in that sine wave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    I am unable to access the game. When I press the "Engage" button on my launcher, the launcher vanishes but the game doesn't activate. Help?
    Have you tried pulling up the launcher again?
    edited March 2014
    Have you tried pulling up the launcher again?

Multiple times, same response.

This is really starting to irk me.

Game was up and running fine pre-patch, but now I can't even access it.

EDIT: I tried pulling up the launcher and logging in again a few more times, same result.

I submitted a bug ticket with Support, but is there anything I can do in the interim? I really don't want to miss the bugship promo or the mirror event!
  • rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Can't get past the Patch stage anymore. Message reads:

"Mirroring xinput1_3.dll"

followed by

"Error 36: A file was locked that could not be opened for writing. Restart in ..."

Then it tries to restart the whole patch process, only to repeat the cycle.

What do I do? Can I force a re-download of the patch?

I really don't want to have to re-install 8GB of game files... :(

RCK
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sadly I can't really address the technical problems. :(
    We do have the support functions available through our support channels. I would advise opening tickets to anyone who is currently facing technical issues:

https://support.arcgames.com/app/ask
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,439 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Woah hey now.

That's just tasteless.
    Not with the right spices...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    See.. and here is where BranFlakes used to close the maintenance thread. :P

Just saying.. and desperate for attention today.
    signwidrona.png
  • ames1ames1 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am from the west coast and I have been trying to login since 10am without success. In fact, I wasn't even able to get far enough to get the auto-patch. When I start the cryptic launcher, it just times out saying can't establish connection to the patch server. Is the maintenance extended past 10am? I don't see any additional information in the original message. It is fine to take more time but it would be nice to notify the players by keeping the message up to date with the progress.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,439 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Patched it up a bit ago, logged in to make sure all was well. No issues here. (West Coast, US)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Im from the UK an the only problem I had was patch getting stuck, multiple attempts and the odd 50mb here an there, its now up and running.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Yet again, Cryptic went ahead and implemented another stealth fix. NWS and fleet alert no longer reward progressive fleet marks.

In the case of NWS, better not fail or you get absolutely nothing.
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm not trapped in here with you! You're trapped in here with me!! *wheeze*
    Good impression? Eh?

Gotta love a girl who quotes Watchmen.
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    I'm OK. Vegetarian, so eating a sandwich (crunchy almond butter and organic cherry jam, very delicious).

Also, Sovereign Ba'al has informed me that the Conquest of Earth is most definitely on for April 1st, he just needs to use the Ark of Truth on the Ori first. And then he will be free to nuke Stargate Command, take over Earth, and give me Australia to share with the Jaffa. If anyone wants a time-share on the Sidney Opera House, come to me. I'm Ba'al's Grand Vizier, and the Sovereign needs more clerks.

Yes, he's an alien overlord who wants to take over the Earth. But he guarantees basic human rights and offers free dental and the best health care in the galaxy; so why not join him?

what do I have to do to get a nice little spot in Alice Springs?
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
    edited March 2014
    rtk142 wrote: »
    what do I have to do to get a nice little spot in Alice Springs?

I need two clerks to make sure that we gather the world's politicians, and properly divide them into groups for execution and for enforced retirement.

It's a somewhat morally gray job, but it's vital. Plus it comes with an annual salary measured in metric tons of pure gold.

If you wish to apply, please have a resume ready when the Jaffa go door-to-door on April 1st (Conquest Day). Please also have photographs and/or architectural renderings of your preferred residence ready to present. Also, please be ready to salute our dread Sovereign, and be ready to compliment his black vampire cape (the more pompous and melodramatic the compliment, the better--Goa'uld thrive on melodrama).

Hail Ba'al!

:D
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rtk142 wrote: »
    Gotta love a girl who quotes Watchmen.

Trendy is a girl? For god's sake Worffy, why didnt you tell me.