Comments

• Options
    carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i'm good thank you for asking... also i'm having a hamburger with bacon
  • Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So, how is everyone this morning? I have bacon currently, so things are pretty awesome.

A drunk guy threw up on my shoe on the skytrain a few moments ago so overall not so peechy.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    carter60 wrote: »
    i'm good thank you for asking... also i'm having a hamburger with bacon
    This draws the obvious conclusion that bacon = good morning?
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So, how is everyone this morning? I have bacon currently, so things are pretty awesome.

Good tactic... Well its after 1500 here in my "Dimension" and I had Eight Treasures from the local chinese.

Hope you guys survived the last few weeks without any emotional aches :D
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Although I don't have bacon (:() I do have coffee. I consider that to be an essential.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am hoping it is just due to the maintenice but i tried to change my subscription to the gamer today and instead of doing it the server cancelled my subscription and wont let me re-activate it and also wont let me send a bug report
    The True King In The North
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I'm OK. Vegetarian, so eating a sandwich (crunchy almond butter and organic cherry jam, very delicious).

Also, Sovereign Ba'al has informed me that the Conquest of Earth is most definitely on for April 1st, he just needs to use the Ark of Truth on the Ori first. And then he will be free to nuke Stargate Command, take over Earth, and give me Australia to share with the Jaffa. If anyone wants a time-share on the Sidney Opera House, come to me. I'm Ba'al's Grand Vizier, and the Sovereign needs more clerks.

Yes, he's an alien overlord who wants to take over the Earth. But he guarantees basic human rights and offers free dental and the best health care in the galaxy; so why not join him?
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    I'm OK. Vegetarian, so eating a sandwich (crunchy almond butter and organic cherry jam, very delicious).

Also, Sovereign Ba'al has informed me that the Conquest of Earth is most definitely on for April 1st, he just needs to use the Ark of Truth on the Ori first. And then he will be free to nuke Stargate Command, take over Earth, and give me Australia to share with the Jaffa. If anyone wants a time-share on the Sidney Opera House, come to me. I'm Ba'al's Grand Vizier, and the Sovereign needs more clerks.

Yes, he's an alien overlord who wants to take over the Earth. But he guarantees basic human rights and offers free dental and the best health care in the galaxy; so why not join him?

This sounds legitimate, guys. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Oh gooooood...

Your a vegi? I knew there was something strange about you
  • Options
    spoondogglespoondoggle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So our weapons still vanish the second we stop running and we still have to restart the client every so often to re-initialise the graphics but it's OK everyone; they've changed the proc rates of a few weapons that most people don't even have and a lot of people don't even want... Yeah, these guys are really focusing on some important issues... :confused:

So, I don't want to say that having to restart the client isn't an important issue, because clearly it is, but I know I've never had it (is this the graphics bug that a few people keep talking about?) and I haven't heard many people talk about it. As far as I'm aware, most people aren't having that issue, which means it's a subtle thing, a bit of code somewhere there's interacting poorly with its environment (your computer) and that means it's going to be a lot harder to find, map out, and solve than universal gameplay balance issues. The problem is that, in order to fix a bug, the team needs to be able to replicate it so they can see when what they're doing effects it. If they can't replicate it, they're unlikely to be able to do much about it unless there's something obviously wrong. I guess it's just a matter of hoping they've been able to replicate, and are working on it.

My brand new bed got delivered today. I am a very happy me! No more old-bed-related back pain, woo!
    I'm not a Romulan doctor, but I play one on STO.
  • Options
    bi0f0dd3rbi0f0dd3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    just toast and eggs....the bacon was still thawing :/
  • Options
    imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2014

You're a vegetarian named "worffan" hmm. I would've thought you'd be more fond of a salad eating Vulcan as opposed to a big, bad, meat-eating Klingon. In any case, I'm sorry to hear about your eating disorder and I hope you find some help for it. lol jk ;)
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    You're a vegetarian named "worffan" hmm. I would've thought you'd be more fond of a salad eating Vulcan as opposed to a big, bad, meat-eating Klingon. In any case, I'm sorry to hear about your eating disorder and I hope you find some help for it. lol jk ;)

Worf drinks prune juice... that's practically vegan by Klingon standards!
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This sounds legitimate, guys. :)

Hail Ba'al! He shall crush all politicians beneath his boots, thereby eliminating the corrupt and the stupid. He shall grant the rest of us free health and dental, and we shall be legally his minions, with all rights and privileges thereof.

Hail Ba'al!

And yes, organicmanfred, I am vegetarian. I just happen to really like Worf, because he is badass incarnate.
  • Options
    solemkofsolemkof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So, I don't want to say that having to restart the client isn't an important issue, because clearly it is, but I know I've never had it (is this the graphics bug that a few people keep talking about?) and I haven't heard many people talk about it. As far as I'm aware, most people aren't having that issue, which means it's a subtle thing, a bit of code somewhere there's interacting poorly with its environment (your computer) and that means it's going to be a lot harder to find, map out, and solve than universal gameplay balance issues. The problem is that, in order to fix a bug, the team needs to be able to replicate it so they can see when what they're doing effects it. If they can't replicate it, they're unlikely to be able to do much about it unless there's something obviously wrong. I guess it's just a matter of hoping they've been able to replicate, and are working on it.
    The probability of encountering the graphics problem (missing textures) seems proportional to the number of loading screens per minute. Could be problems with memory management on lower-spec systems or something with the bandwidth/latency in client-sever-communication.
  • Options
    captainjgeecaptainjgee Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For the love of money please get the timings right on the STO launcher/forums. If you like we could do a whip-round and buy you Community Managers 2 clock. One you could set to your local time, and the other to UTC. This is no longer funny, the team has over 4 years to get it right. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Hmm, I looked at our posts and realized that the forums haven't updated for Daylight Savings Time. That might be where part of the confusion is. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, because we need to move the forum's clock up an hour. :)

Curses, Daylight Savings struck again!

I think he expected it at 1500 because that's when it normally is for those of us in Britain. But America enters daylight saving earlier than we do, so for the next couple of weeks it'll actually be 1400 our time. DST doesn't start in the UK until the 30th.

The maintenance time was listed as PST, but should have been PDT. :)
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    bemlegabemlega Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Launcher says 15:00-17:30 UTC as well. So it's wrong as well... 8-)
  • Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kozar2 wrote: »
    It wasn't working properly and can proc more? And I thought it was pretty solid as it was. This will rule now.

Really? I found it useless, junk to be exact.

It was obviously useless enough that they decided to finally make it useful now.

I will try the set again and see if it's finally worth while using.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rmxiii wrote: »
    And these two changes are very nice actually makes it worthwhile to use a full set of Elachi Disruptors and makes the Solanae Space Set useful

Agreed. Two of the most useful fixes to items I've seen in this game for quite a while.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    darkpendorasdarkpendoras Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Removed the 5 second immunity associated with Elachi Disruptor procs.

These weapons no longer cause a lockout period, and can proc as often as other weapons.

Time to leave my fleet for a second and get me some fleet tactical consoles, i love elachi weapons!

Thanks for that buff.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Frankly the world needs to do what a state and a few random spots in the US does:

They don't believe in Daylight Savings. So much easier that way. :D
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    What is daylight savings?
  • Options
    orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    somebob wrote: »
    Frankly the world needs to do what a state and a few random spots in the US does:

no way on earth... not a chance in he.. that would ever happen, is fine as it is now.

we have our own time GMT works fine for us
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Something we americans observe involving the moving forward by 1 hour in the spring and back hour in the fall. It supposedly had some reasoning behind it back in the early 1900s when it started but now is a pointless annoyance to most of us.
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Its not morning here in the UK but I'm doing fine. :)

As for bugs, the Azura Blues mission right back in the beginning of the game for new Fed characters is malfunctioning a bit. If you're a Science Captain (as I am, I'm at my most deadly in a properly set up science ship) you can save three more crewmembers by giving them medical attention. Pre-update they were three different individuals. Now they're duplicates of the first crewmember you treat and they no longer show up in the beam out cutscene and the one where your medical staff run in to treat them after beaming to the Miranda ship.

You still get the achievement but still, it looks like it needs work.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

It's where you pluck the sun out of the sky an hour early each day for a while and put it in your piggy bank. It's a pretty good way to research nuclear fusion, actually.
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Great! No bacon here, but just had some microwave pizza. :D
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    bemlega wrote: »
    Launcher says 15:00-17:30 UTC as well. So it's wrong as well... 8-)

My guess is it was the same problem. Both the launcher and the local time link in the first post appear to have been updated now. Little late though haha.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    maarchsmaarchs Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is it discutable to bring this shard maintenace earlier a bit? For example I am living in Europe and when I come back at home it is usually around 18pm, where in Sanfrancisko it is first part of the day.

P.S. Good bug fixes, about Romulan ships. :)
    When You observe, learn from it.