test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (March 13, 2014) [Complete!]

Comments

• maarchsmaarchs Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You mean this changing the clock twice a year +/- 1 hour?
    We call that summertime/wintertime (roughly translated)

This is still going on in my country as well - Latvia eg.
    When You observe, learn from it.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    john98837 wrote: »
    Something we americans observe involving the moving forward by 1 hour in the spring and back hour in the fall. It supposedly had some reasoning behind it back in the early 1900s when it started but now is a pointless annoyance to most of us.

Not just Americans, in fact America wasn't even one of the early adopters of the DST strategy and didn't start using it fully until the 70's. The practice has existed for centuries though, even the Ancient Romans used different scales of daylight time depending on what month it was. When America (and a lot of other countries) adopted the practice after years of other nations doing it, it was during the 'energy crisis' and was aimed at providing longer lit days so as to avoid people needing to light their homes as much.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • dalmaciusdalmacius Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I do not think Klingons are supposed to BE ABLE to access Delta Volanis. KDF and Feds both have their own clusters/nebulas that i do not think the other can access. Could be wrong though.

I've been there. If I'm not mistaken I was trying to do a Doff Assignment or something like that, but it was quite a while back. As a Marauder I can go anywhere except the Federation Starbases...Memory Alpha, etc., and some system. I'll check if I can still visit 'D.Volanis' after the Maintenance thingy is over.
  • bemlegabemlega Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bemlega wrote: »
    Launcher says 15:00-17:30 UTC as well. So it's wrong as well... 8-)

Times in launcher were corrected. Now state 14:00 to 16:30 UTC. 8-)
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Not just Americans, in fact America wasn't even one of the early adopters of the DST strategy and didn't start using it fully until the 70's. The practice has existed for centuries though, even the Ancient Romans used different scales of daylight time depending on what month it was. When America (and a lot of other countries) adopted the practice after years of other nations doing it, it was during the 'energy crisis' and was aimed at providing longer lit days so as to avoid people needing to light their homes as much.

I stand corrected, here I thought we were the only ones nuts enough to be doing this.
  • darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Last week's patch was supposed to fix the KDF outfit issue that wouldn't allow some players to wear all of their outfits. It didn't fix mine. I have 4 outfit slots and can only use, wear, modify and/or rename 2 of them. The other 2 are useless. And I see no mention of another attempt to fix the issue in this patch nor any mention of it in the "Known Issues" in the release notes.

Seriously? Cryptic doesn't know that lest week's patch didn't fix the problem? Not a game breaker by no means but it's not "fixed" until it's actually fixed, not pretend fixed. :P
  • cmebiguncmebigun Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Do the servers usually come back up on time?

I'm new and eager to get back playing :(
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    cmebigun wrote: »
    Do the servers usually come back up on time?

I'm new and eager to get back playing :(

Yeah, servers usually go up on time. Sometimes they're early, too.
    edited March 2014
    When America (and a lot of other countries) adopted the practice after years of other nations doing it, it was during the 'energy crisis' and was aimed at providing longer lit days so as to avoid people needing to light their homes as much.

Yeah. I really enjoy the longer evenings and not having to get up another hour later after sunrise.
    From a "consumer" POV. :D
    As a software engineer I HATE IT!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey Captains,

We're going to be extending our maintenance window by 30 minutes. Our goal is to have you back in-game by 10:00am PST (51 minutes from now). If that changes, I'll notify you immediately.

Thank you for your patience,

~LaughingTrendy
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey Captains,

We're going to be extending our maintenance window by 30 minutes. Our goal is to have you back in-game by 10:00am PST (51 minutes from now). If that changes, I'll notify you immediately.

~LaughingTrendy

Aaaw...:(

What went wrong?
  • admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So, how is everyone this morning? I have bacon currently, so things are pretty awesome.

I think I am going to like you. From what I've seen right now, I am getting the feeling that you may not be able to be the first to answer game questions. Not mroning here (England) but I'm OK.

worffan101 wrote: »
    I'm OK. Vegetarian, so eating a sandwich (crunchy almond butter and organic cherry jam, very delicious).

I knew I liked you. I couldn't place why, but now I know. Pescatarian here.
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey Captains,

~LaughingTrendy

What did you break this time?
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    robeasom wrote: »

indeed can they not get anything correct the first time around ? , loosing faith in cryptic lately tbh with all the odd changes to sto
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • maarchsmaarchs Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Lets say - they are doing some extra test.:)
    When You observe, learn from it.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The only thing I broke.. was my heart.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Tacofangs probably took the server hamsters out for Chinese food again. That's what he did last time. Got stuck in traffic or something coming back.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I bet Captain Smirk gave the tribbles espresso and then let those little humpers loose in the airshafts all strung out. That's why he's not here answering questions. They put him in the lolCryptic brig!
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Tacofangs probably took the server hamsters out for Chinese food again. That's what he did last time. Got stuck in traffic or something coming back.

If that's the case, he should find something closer. Or maybe bring the store to Cryptic.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The only thing I broke.. was my heart.

If you still have the receipt and its under warranty you'll be fine.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So, is this where I come to rant about the server not being up in 2 minutes? ;)
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So, is this where I come to rant about the server not being up in 2 minutes? ;)

No, that'd be general discussion.

Tell bluegeek i sent you :rolleyes:
    edited March 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~LaughingTrendy
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    No, that'd be general discussion.

Tell bluegeek i sent you :rolleyes:

He s already in bossy mood again...
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Update: Maintenance has been extended and we expect it to last till 10am PDT

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

Time to start flipping tables and tossing drunks out the front windows of the saloon! :D
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
    edited March 2014
    Time to start flipping tables and tossing drunks out the front windows of the saloon! :D

Table [Check]
    Drunk [Check]
    Saloon [Negative]
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So, how is everyone this morning? I have bacon currently, so things are pretty awesome.

Not bad. Had pork pie, mushy peas & mint sauce and chips for lunch.

If you've never had it, you need it in your life.
    giphy.gif
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited March 2014
    You guys EVER gonna fix the EVA suit graphics issue?? Or even acknowledge its there?!!
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Powers:

Resolved an issue that was allowing the Adapted M.A.C.O. Pulsewave Phaser Rifle to ignore the effects of Borg Adaptation.

What the hell? That was a bonus of the weapon. It's not a bug so don't remove it.

With the adapted passive skill from the rep, you should be able to fire 15-25 shots before they adapt, at least that has been my experience. About once every 3 mins.
    nagrom7 wrote: »
    The difference is that you can get the solanae set at lvl 50, borg set you need to go through the rep.

Exactly, you don't have to grind threw all that rep. That's why I don't do alts, even with the Main Toon reputation tokens, as I can't use them because you MUST have an account bank. Why can't it detect that I'm mailing it to my own handle...
  • mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Look, it's really quite simple:

Engineering: "Captain, it's gonna take two hours to repair the warp core!"
    *half hour later*
    Engineering: "Captain, we're good to go!"

=

Captain: "... I need to promote my chief engineer!" O.o

However:

Engineering: "I need two and a half hours to repair the warp core."
    *2.5 hours later*
    Engineering: "I need another half hour."

=

Captain: "... I need to maroon my chief engineer!" -.-

See where I'm coming from? ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.