test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legacy Pack Giveaway! [Now Ended]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains!

Now that we’ve completed our website’s transition to Arc Games, we’re excited to announce our next Legacy Pack giveaway. Check out the link below to learn more.

Look at all the details, rules and restrictions here.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What about players who don't use social media?

I mean, guys like me who actually play the game instead of following the Twitbook junk are getting stiffed on this deal. Isn't this a sort of self-contradictory exercise?

I mean, you are rewarding people for spending time on social media sites rather than for playing the game. The game which makes your company money and pays your salaries when people play it.

It seems kind of counterintuitive to me.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    What about players who don't use social media?

In this day and age, it's rare. I do know some people that don't, but then they complain they never know what is going on.
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~LaughingTrendy
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You guys should do stuff like this where it doesn't require a facebook account.

Just a friendly tip. ;)
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Really? Social media? I'm out then. I do not use any of that mess.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    kazapskykazapsky Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~CaptainSmirk
    Arc is garbage. End of discussion.
  • Options
    latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey guys, Pro Tip :

Just make a facebook account and ONLY like the arc games page...

You don't even have to give away all your details!
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    In this day and age, it's rare. I do know some people that don't, but then they complain they never know what is going on.

i never do, i dont use those social networking places for my own reasons, mostly security related and personal info. however the forums are all i need to know about information even if some of it comes later. so as far the legacy pack is concerned, i really dont care about PWEs attempt at playing the artificial popularity card and in return just 1 person gets the reward.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Hey guys, Pro Tip :

Like hell am I attaching my name to Big Brother. Try again with a realistic suggestion.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lowestlvl wrote: »
    so... you WANT me to LIKE arc. the same arc thats STILL glitchy. how about i LIKE the ford PINTO instead?

Hey, you could lift the floor mats up instead of rolling the windows down for some fresh air. ;)
  • Options
    ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey guys, Pro Tip :

^^^

Exactly that, you guys don't need to rant around, if you don't want to use social media, you may do that. But please keep your rant.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hi Captains!

Now that we’ve completed our website’s transition to Arc Games, we’re excited to announce our next Legacy Pack giveaway. Check out the link below to learn more.

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3037683
    Your avatar is still very cool :D.

The social action on the other hand, pretty uncool :rolleyes:.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What a Video game company is bribing people to like their stuff on Social networks, to get publicity, my god that's unheard of :rolleyes:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    What a Video game company is bribing people to like their stuff on Social networks, to get publicity, my god that's unheard of :rolleyes:

there are better ways that could of rewarded a more broader base of the community. but thats all i got to say on it.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    solemkofsolemkof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hi Captains!

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3037683
    possible translation: "We need help. We can't create enough fake-accounts ourselves" :P
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kazapsky wrote: »
    Like hell am I attaching my name to Big Brother. Try again with a realistic suggestion.

Then don't give your real name...? It isn't forcing you to.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    Then don't give your real name...? It isn't forcing you to.

You do know FB bans accounts made with fake names, right?

And if the prize gets awarded to said fake-name account before the banhammer hits, you'd never be able to claim it because it's not in your name?

Or is that too much logic for you to follow?
  • Options
    odinfishodinfish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't use either social gimmicks. Guess I'm not eligible for the giveaway. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    gemetzelgemetzel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Awesome, free legacy pack couldn't hurt!

To the people complaining about not being able to win due to not using social media, THANKS! Increases my chances of winning!
  • Options
    tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    followed on both facebook and twitter.

i hope i win!

fb: facebook.com/tehjonel
    twitter: @tehjonel

rawr!
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks but no thanks. I don't want that showing up in my friend feeds which is exactly what this is designed to do. Now if this were a permanent account unlock of the Season 5 test rewards you'd have me. :p

Yeah because Facebook KNOWS that your real name is Steven Felan, not Jonathan Duke. Seriously, logical fallacies ftw. If the name still sounds like a plausible human being's name that isn't a celebrity or blatantly obvious like Jane Doe they're not going to ban it.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    gemetzelgemetzel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

And if the prize gets awarded to said fake-name account before the banhammer hits, you'd never be able to claim it because it's not in your name?

Or is that too much logic for you to follow?
    Facebook has no way of knowing what your real name is. It is very easy to spoof their simple name filter to create an account.
  • Options
    captaintrueheartcaptaintrueheart Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    WOOHOO!!! Time to start making fake email accounts and see how many facebook and twitter accounts I can setup before this thing is done!

Any chance you could offer a prize for the person with the most accounts who liked and followed your Facebook/Twitter accounts??? :D:D:D
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
    Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
    U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Lol, no. I won't take part in promoting something I DISlike, especially on social media.

Unless there's some kind of "Say NO to Arc" page I don't know about. I may like that one, even without a giveaway.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm kind of surprised this doesn't violate Facebook's TOS but, they are kind of nefarious anyway. Liking something for any other reason than 'liking' it is deceptive.

Considering FB sells information, I doubt they care.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Considering FB sells information, I doubt they care.

Facebook is evil. I've been boycotting them for years ever since they stole my mom's personal information, and that time my brother got mailed death threats after "liking" the wrong person.

Not even a controversial or nasty person. I mean, I would've understood if he'd "liked" Tymoshenko or Cameron or some politician, but just some random kid from his school. Weirdest damn thing.