Install Arc
Options

STO Website migration

Comments

• Options
    sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Earn 15% Extra Zen With Purchase!

Great! Awesome Job of KILLING the 'Micro'-Transaction! I was ready to pay $5 for zen, as I often have, when I got a nasty little curveball. There Are NO More $5 for 500 zen. Not everyone is both willing and able to accept/make the $10 purchase instead.

This is driving away some players or at the least driving them to spend their money elsewhere. This applies to both the players who only have one account and those who have multiple accounts. Which of my accounts I put money on and why, for me at least, are driven by the characters I play and what I think is appropriate for them to have.

The $5 option allowed me to 'spread the wealth' as I saw fit. At least twice I had spread around $50 among 3-4 accounts in this manner. If PWE wants to deny players the opportunity to make these kinds of transactions, it hurts PWE's wallet, not ours. All those $5 add up...
    200,000 players is a tiny percentage of the player base, but 200,000 x $5 = $1,000,000. Just sayin'...

It also hurts our experience as users. We can't get the small craft/starter ship/master keys/whatever we were going to buy. A 'yes I will' has turned into a 'later maybe never.'

I am Angry and I am disappointed. But I have chosen to not erupt with vitriol upon you, I have instead chosen to attempt to inform you. This change is not for the better. Quite possibly in ways I have not covered. I have no doubt others will vent some frustration, anger and resentment over this and/or other changes implemented. This needs to be fixed, the $5 option restored.

As for the Brutally Honest yet Constructive criticisms I have seen thus far with regard to ARC, I must concur with almost all of them.
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Something about the new Zen purchase page annoys me. Before you can buy your Zen now, you need to tell it what game/server you want it on and it puts the whole amount over to that. Before, you could buy the Zen and leave it in your wallet until you decided where you wanted to make use of it. You also had varying amounts you could move to a server. That was much better because if I wanted say 1000 Zen in STO, I would transfer 1000 Zen to STO instead of having to put the full amount over when I don't want to use that full amount in STO.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sarvour0 wrote: »
    Earn 15% Extra Zen With Purchase!

Great! Awesome Job of KILLING the 'Micro'-Transaction! I was ready to pay $5 for zen, as I often have, when I got a nasty little curveball. There Are NO More $5 for 500 zen. Not everyone is both willing and able to accept/make the $10 purchase instead.

This is driving away some players or at the least driving them to spend their money elsewhere. This applies to both the players who only have one account and those who have multiple accounts. Which of my accounts I put money on and why, for me at least, are driven by the characters I play and what I think is appropriate for them to have.

The $5 option allowed me to 'spread the wealth' as I saw fit. At least twice I had spread around $50 among 3-4 accounts in this manner. If PWE wants to deny players the opportunity to make these kinds of transactions, it hurts PWE's wallet, not ours. All those $5 add up...
    200,000 players is a tiny percentage of the player base, but 200,000 x $5 = $1,000,000. Just sayin'...

It also hurts our experience as users. We can't get the small craft/starter ship/master keys/whatever we were going to buy. A 'yes I will' has turned into a 'later maybe never.'

I am Angry and I am disappointed. But I have chosen to not erupt with vitriol upon you, I have instead chosen to attempt to inform you. This change is not for the better. Quite possibly in ways I have not covered. I have no doubt others will vent some frustration, anger and resentment over this and/or other changes implemented. This needs to be fixed, the $5 option restored.

As for the Brutally Honest yet Constructive criticisms I have seen thus far with regard to ARC, I must concur with almost all of them.

If this is the case then when I feel the need to purchase zen I would put my money into my Xbox instead as quite frankly the £5 option was the one I went for the most with the odd £20:00 option here and there. but if this is gone well it will hurt PWE a lot
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I believe we are dealing with an entirely different "alien" culture here, like those confusing aliens in TNG that only spoke in past references.

Apparently, PWE's primary audience enjoys having the company tell them when they want to play and what.

Until they understand, if they possibly can, that players outside that sphere value choice and free will over everything, there will always be these misunderstandings.

Remember to them, WE are the aliens and they just can not fathom why we would not appreciate time gated missions and a forced launcher.

That said, I am enjoying playing STO.
  • Options
    warchunwarchun Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So i decided to renew my sub, and gues what i could not do it some genius has transferd all my acc information to arc, since i'm not using it the stupid thing thinks that i dont play any games and since i'm not playing any games by it logic i cannot renew a subscription, so to give money to PW i have to instal an unneaded program wich is buggy, awfully designed and is offering me easy acces to whole lota games of wich i play 1.

Absolutly superb job i'm frigin estatic
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    To be 100% honest. I found this game through Steam. I liked what I saw there, checked out the old site, downloaded it and the rest is history. I've tried to get a few friends to join in the past bit and both have given up. One because they found the game didn't have enough instruction at the start and just felt confused and overwhelmed and the other because of login issues with PW and STO differing accounts and the confusion it caused plus the site migration.

Personally if I had wandered on to this site to get the game the first time over a year ago I likely would never have downloaded it. It comes across as a giant unending advertisement and that would have made me very hesitant. Also to be honest it looks a little cheap now. Some of those games advertised on the main page look really cheesy. While I thought STO looked really cool when I saw it on the old site.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Found more problems.

In searching for more info on when to expect additional Ship Slots as mentioned in a pre-migration blog, I got URLs for some pre-Arc blogs, but when I try to go there I get shanghaied to the main Arc Community page. Which has NO Search feature. Instead, it replicates one of facebook's Worst Ideas EVER.

Scroll down and watch as page grows ever longer! Loading more stuff to choke your cache on! Most end users do not have the Infinite Cache needed to handle that kind of TRIBBLE. Arc gets to spam us and slow our machines down. This is one of the kinds of blunders that makes me wonder if the PWE persons at the helm wrapped the vehicle around the Stupid Tree or something.

Really not seeing anything to be grateful for here.
    4073703.jpg
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    warchun wrote: »
    So i decided to renew my sub, and gues what i could not do it some genius has transferd all my acc information to arc, since i'm not using it the stupid thing thinks that i dont play any games and since i'm not playing any games by it logic i cannot renew a subscription, so to give money to PW i have to instal an unneaded program wich is buggy, awfully designed and is offering me easy acces to whole lota games of wich i play 1.

Absolutly superb job i'm frigin estatic
    You must not have tried this link, then...
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sure, I like the website, can I have more free stuff now?
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Yo! Where's the Server Status indicator? Or for that matter, where's the Notice for Maintenance info?

Where's the beef? :confused:
    4073703.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2014
    sarvour0 wrote: »
    Yo! Where's the Server Status indicator? Or for that matter, where's the Notice for Maintenance info?

Where's the beef? :confused:

Yeah I miss the server status indicator. Was always handy if I was having connection issues to be able to quickly tell if the problem was on my end or theirs.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    The 'Stay signed in' feature still isn't working for me. Tested in both Chrome and IE. I stay signed into the main Arc site fine, but every time I come to the forums I have to sign in again.
  • Options
    chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey Captains!

As you can tell, STO has been officially migrated over to the new Arc website layout. You will now automatically be redirected to this site and no longer the old one. We want to inform you that this does NOT mean Arc is mandatory, and that you can still access your games through the old launchers. As always, we are aware of player concerns, so if you have any feedback or questions, let us know.

Thanks,

Sparkiesoft and the Arc Team
    I already mentioned it in another thread, but feel like it might have been the wrong one.
    Thus I'll repeat it here, in different words:

Why did you kick out the 4.99€ Zen-buying option?
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • Options
    derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i understand you needed to do this however before all this you guys at cryptic posted stuff daily now it seems with the transfer to the new site star trek online is on the back burner ..... why has such a great game gone down hill as if it were some second class citizen ????????????
  • Options
    cotp0maurafeycotp0maurafey Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I see the news from Battle of the Immortals - they are now required to use Arc to login to the game. Use Arc, or they can't get in.

How long until STO falls?
    Covenant of the Phoenix - Fed | Covenant of the Phoenix - KDF www.cotp.info

“What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite.” —Bertrand Russell
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited March 2014
    I already mentioned it in another thread, but feel like it might have been the wrong one.
    Thus I'll repeat it here, in different words:

Why did you kick out the 4.99€ Zen-buying option?

if you use https://billing.perfectworld.com/charge you can still buy $5 worth and transfer it to the game of your choice. I just did that. But if you try to go to your purchase history itll bounce you to the arc version of the purchase page so I don't know how long this option will work. :/
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The 'Stay signed in' feature still isn't working for me. Tested in both Chrome and IE. I stay signed into the main Arc site fine, but every time I come to the forums I have to sign in again.

Same here, still. Based on how things have gone since this "50 shades of grey" abomination was implemented, I'd advise against holding your breath waiting for them to fix it.
  • Options
    doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I must admit the old site visually looked a lot better for STO at least.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    doalxk wrote: »
    I must admit the old site visually looked a lot better for STO at least.

Which is why many of us (I personally term us "the Rebellion") use eradicator84's "fix" to get rid of the gray on gray on gray "blah" scheme.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Since it's been awhile since this came out I figured I can finally post what I totally think (granted I've posted things behind the scenes but I wanted to give it a few before I really laid it all out)

Forums
    I'm used to dark forums so that doesn't bother me. I think it looks fine, However the banner just seems odd. I get that since I'm using 1980x1200 or whatever resolution I got a LOT of empty space on the sides so it does make it feel empty, I can live with it as sadly I have no actual ideas to fill it hehe. I've seen worse though.

The HUGE HUGE HUGE plus for me was there is now a <hr> divider between posts and signatures. That is a small but welcome thing!

Arc website - STO side
    I like that the wiki is very prominent. That's a huge plus to me as that wiki has been a source of great information for quite sometime. The only bugger I have and it's mostly in chrome is the images. I've had this problem for awhile but it's always sporadic. Now with arc's website the images don't load 99% of the time in chrome. I can load it up easily in IE and if i clean out my cookies, cache etc it works for a few but then goes back to not loading so that does suck.

Overall, I can accept the site and the forums though I'd like certain features to return to the forums sooner rather than later ;) Juuuust saying :P
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    edited March 2014
    if you use https://billing.perfectworld.com/charge you can still buy $5 worth and transfer it to the game of your choice. I just did that. But if you try to go to your purchase history itll bounce you to the arc version of the purchase page so I don't know how long this option will work. :/
    Followed your link - still wondering how you managed to get there. Old bookmark? ;)

I managed to buy some zen there, Thanks to you. *bows to kodachikuno*

But now it gets confusing. I had quite some difficulties to find the link to the "wallet" which is located in an area that looked to me like some "FAQ"-area on the lower edge of the screen (on my screen actually below). Not exactly the place I'd look for such an important link.
    The "wallet" still looks like the old transfer page, just minus the transfer history. Which you find if you return to the new purchase page and click on a button above the tile section.

I know the ARC site still has beta status, but... Stuff like this should be sorted out before starting a beta test. But apparently, deadlines are such important, nowadays, that major flaws are thrown at the customers without thinking about the possible consequences.
    Makes me feel like Nelen Exil. :/
    Except that I'm not involved in the development of this stuff...
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was willing to tolerate Arc so long as it didn't interfere with my normal activities, but after the latest incident, I've lost the incredibly small amount of tolerance that remained.

To explain what happened, ever so often, I like to update my Tribble test server characters with recent copies of my Holodeck ones.

When I tried to do this just now, the Arc redirect took over and forced me off the character transfer page without permission!

And just for extra cruelty, the browser crashed a few seconds after the redirect happened.
    3 times in less then a minute I should add.

If this is the great and all wonderful Arc, I'm so glad this grand life changing feature is manditory even if you don't install it.

^That was sarcasm so heavy it could crush a planet to the size of a pinhead.....

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I know the ARC site still has beta status, but... Stuff like this should be sorted out before starting a beta test. But apparently, deadlines are such important, nowadays, that major flaws are thrown at the customers without thinking about the possible consequences.
    Makes me feel like Nelen Exil. :/
    Except that I'm not involved in the development of this stuff...

Very much this, I have no objections to "VOLUNTARY" participation in a beta test, but switching everything over to an incomplete mess of a beta, with no option to not participate really 'Grinds my gears...'

I've got Arc installed on my second PC as I want to test it, my choice to test a beta product.

I don't have Arc on my main PC as I want to play full release software, not beta test.

New forum, with integration into Arc is a beta, which I'm given no choice with. If I want to use the forums I have to use this. I use edadicators stylish form, to make it more bearable.

I don't hate Arc, but am unsatisfied with what I've seen and experienced so far, it's a beta so it may improve to a point where that changes. However I personally think that the old forum could have been seamlessly integrated into the Arc system without the need for all this mess.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    fyremousefyremouse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you go to Support.arcgames.com and login it may fail witha redirect loop. I've tried on a system with Arc installed and without and had the same result

Anyone else notice its broken?

Cheers,
    FyreMouse
    Proud to be a Lifer.
    I earned my 1000 days the hard way and I still come back...
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited March 2014
    But now it gets confusing. I had quite some difficulties to find the link to the "wallet" which is located in an area that looked to me like some "FAQ"-area on the lower edge of the screen (on my screen

Glad it worked but thats odd, on my screen the wallet area is right at the top of the left column above the FAQ options.
    As for how I found it? www.perfectworld.com hasnt converted to arc yet lol :)
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey Captains!

As you can tell, STO has been officially migrated over to the new Arc website layout. You will now automatically be redirected to this site and no longer the old one. We want to inform you that this does NOT mean Arc is mandatory, and that you can still access your games through the old launchers. As always, we are aware of player concerns, so if you have any feedback or questions, let us know.

Thanks,

Sparkiesoft and the Arc Team

This causes numerous problems with PWE-website-only functions, such as uploading characters to Tribble, finding information on previous Dev Blogs and updates, etc.

Nothing but a headache.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    kishodarkishodar Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Arc website - STO side
    The only bugger I have and it's mostly in chrome is the images. I've had this problem for awhile but it's always sporadic. Now with arc's website the images don't load 99% of the time in chrome. I can load it up easily in IE and if i clean out my cookies, cache etc it works for a few but then goes back to not loading so that does suck.

I'm also experiencing this problem with Chrome, but only with the Arc websites. Copying image links from the articles and trying to load them up directly in a new Chrome tab returns a "400 Bad Request", but that same link works fine in IE.

Edit: Deleted Arc related cookies and blocked third-party cookies in Chrome settings, working fine now.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Glad it worked but thats odd, on my screen the wallet area is right at the top of the left column above the FAQ options.
    As for how I found it? www.perfectworld.com hasnt converted to arc yet lol :)
    I see...
    As I had my links directly to STO (don't have enough time in a day to play any more games), I always got confronted with the redirect... And didn't recognize the "charge zen" button on the pwe site...

And the other thing...
    I was talking about this: "> Already have ZEN? Go to My Wallet", which is located on the lower end of the new purchase ("charge") page. If you go to this "wallet", you'll find the old transfer page, minus the purchase history, which got a new place on another page.
    So, if you want to check the status of your payment, you'll have to go to another page and back.
    Not really what I think would be comfortable surfing. At least on a desktop computer.
    Can't tell how this feels on a tablet or similar machines...