test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SUPPORT the Typhoon and Jupiter classes here!

Comments

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    foxman00 wrote: »
    However; if they did do this; they would need to add a klingon ship at the same time. Would seem only fair to give those klingons another ship.

Yes they would.

This?

This?

And

This?

Klingons get 3 whilst the Feds get two, they are happy and we get the Typhoon and Jupiter.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    Yes they would.

This?

This?

And

This?

Klingons get 3 whilst the Feds get two, they are happy and we get the Typhoon and Jupiter.

Where should i take all the Zen required to buy all 5? xD
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    ltdata96 wrote: »
    Where should i take all the Zen required to buy all 5? xD

Well, you could send it to me, that MIGHT make them all appear in your inventory. In fact I'm sure it will :P.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    artan42 wrote: »

I wanna fly A giant crescent roll!¡!¡!¡!¡ :D:D:D
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
    edited April 2014
    I, I had a dream that the Typhoon and Jupiter were playable from some new fleet holding...... it was ssssssoooo beautiful.... Just..... GODDANGIT CRYPTIC!!!!!! :mad::(:mad:

Just joking.

• suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Change the design of the Typhoon? you must be joking It's one of the best Federation designs that Cryptic has produced, changing it would be blasphemy.
    Design is decent, but the model is low quality. That needs to be improved. It's not a matter of simply taking an NPC ship and giving it to players.
    PyKDqad.jpg
    edited April 2014
    Both the Jupiter and the Typhoon could use their textures reworked (especially the Jupiter) but I'd leave the designs the way they are and make a alternative design for the fleet version like I said in my concepts...

• induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Design is decent, but the model is low quality. That needs to be improved. It's not a matter of simply taking an NPC ship and giving it to players.
    stomperx99 wrote: »
    Both the Jupiter and the Typhoon could use their textures reworked (especially the Jupiter) but I'd leave the designs the way they are and make a alternative design for the fleet version like I said in my concepts...

To be honest at this point I don't mind about the Textures or the Models of the Typhoon I just want the ship to be released.
    The only problem I see with the model is that the front of the saucer section is rigid and not very well rounded https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t31.0-8/1941432_275745455927694_164557634_o.jpg as you can see in this picture.
    For all I care Cryptic can release those ships as they are I just want to fly them :rolleyes:
  • aedayaeday Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    /signed

These are another few ships I've wanted for a long time now.
    "I'm a science officer. It's my job to have a better idea."
  • kamakaze101kamakaze101 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I, I had a dream that the Typhoon and Jupiter were playable from some new fleet holding...... it was ssssssoooo beautiful.... Just..... GODDANGIT CRYPTIC!!!!!! :mad::(:mad:

Just joking.

invite me next time!!! (i know its a joke)
  • nippeli222nippeli222 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I support the TYPHOON and the JUPITER!!!
    Cryptic please add these ships I BEG!!!;)
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I support this.

I did not read the entire thread, so I'm gonna point it out here.
    Creation of petitions is not allowed in the Forum Rules. And since the OP asks us not to post if we don't support these ships, it is a petition.

As such, I feel that if anybody has the right to also express a NO feeling in this matter.

Still, for the Typhoon definitely, and for the Jupiter as well (I hate the Jupiter design, but if there are players who would love to fly this ships, who am I to deny them this?
  • ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    I support this.

I did not read the entire thread, so I'm gonna point it out here.
    Creation of petitions is not allowed in the Forum Rules. And since the OP asks us not to post if we don't support these ships, it is a petition.

As such, I feel that if anybody has the right to also express a NO feeling in this matter.

Still, for the Typhoon definitely, and for the Jupiter as well (I hate the Jupiter design, but if there are players who would love to fly this ships, who am I to deny them this?

Well, though this was intended to be a support thread, it ended up as a discussion thread :P
    And why am i not allowed to state my love for those classic ship designs? ;)
    edited April 2014
    To be honest at this point I don't mind about the Textures or the Models of the Typhoon I just want the ship to be released.
    The only problem I see with the model is that the front of the saucer section is rigid and not very well rounded https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t31.0-8/1941432_275745455927694_164557634_o.jpg as you can see in this picture.
    For all I care Cryptic can release those ships as they are I just want to fly them :rolleyes:

Well said, and I agree!! :D

invite me next time!!!

Well..... that's a bit DIRECT..... shouldn't we get dinner or something first...?

Joking again, BUT YOU CAN'T SEE THIS!

• captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    To chief of Starfleet Operations Stardate 090414

Regarding your communication on Stardate 080414

I am in full support of granting Fleet Wide use of the Typhoon Class Starship.

Additionally the U.S.S Galaxy is performing slightly better after her refit at utopia planitia. However the Phaser Lance is not performing within starfleet specs and has proven to be not powerful enough against the KDF's I.K.S Bortas. This is a matter of urgency and once we have completed our patrol of sector 23 we be returning to Earth Spacedock to have the ship's Phaser Lance's power looked at. Additionally we will be requesting a Commander Tactical Slot to replace our ensign universal due to the lack of powerful enough command options.

Still there are few fully operational ships in the fleet that match the capabilities of the U.S.S Galaxy and Starfleet needs a larger number of active powerfull ships with the large hulls in order to deal with the ever increasing conflicts with the enemies of the Federation.
    Our existing fleet stock is in need of a full refit to bring them up to standard.

The deployment of the Typhoon Class will send a clear message that Starfleet can and will protect the Federation from harm and in doing so enhance our offensive capabilities.

Signed

Admiral Galaxy
    Commanding Officer USS Galaxy NCC 70637
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
    edited April 2014
    Well said, and I agree!! :D

Well..... that's a bit DIRECT..... shouldn't we get dinner or something first...?

Joking again, BUT YOU CAN'T SEE THIS!

... fine. were?

JK
  • ijahman1ijahman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    supported i want to play with them :)
    edited April 2014
    ... fine. were?

JK

Anywhere you want, as long as it's a place that sells playable Typhoons and Jupiter's... and bacon!

edited April 2014
    Anywhere you want, as long as it's a place that sells playable Typhoons and Jupiter's... and bacon!

ah......................... i have NO clue where that would be.... CRYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPPPPPTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCccccccC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    edited April 2014
    Dose anyone else pee on the side of the toilet bowl to make less noise?

• mm06360mm06360 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I wouldn't mind seeing the typhoon. It is a nice looking ship. Even if they made it a skin for an oddsey.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Dose anyone else pee on the side of the toilet bowl to make less noise?

What does that have to do with this thread? :confused:

I do.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Besides the Typhoon Class is a really nice ship,

Im my opinion its best angle is is forward ventral view. It just screams I am here to blow you up!

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb1/DalekCaan_2007/screenshot_2010-10-15-17-51-07.jpg
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
    edited April 2014
    i never got to look at it, it blew me up first :P
    edited April 2014
    still supporting we will have these ships!

• wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>ffs!! Make It So!!!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    C'mon baby, we need these two ships.

Typhoon as a REAL Battleship, none of that "Cruiser" or "Battle Cruiser" stuff, an honest to everything Battleship, like the Iowa-class, or even the cancelled Montana-class (The bigger brother of the Iowa-class) of the US Navy.

Combine the ideas of "Pound for pound, toughest around" and "Peace through superior fire power".
  • ducklesworthducklesworth Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Quote: The Typhoon Class is a dreadnaught that will most likely not appear as a playable ship until we increase the skill point cap to full Admiral. Even then, we haven't yet decided if this will be a player ship, but we can be convinced to make it so if there is enough support for it.

1: The Typhoon is a BATTLESHIP and will be referred to as such on this thread. The JUPITER is a DREADNAUGHT.

2: This is SUPPORT thread, and not for discussion. Use the 100's of other threads for that.

3: As said above, If there is enough support for the Typhoon and Jupiter classes, they will have a good chance to be added.

4: If you don't agree, don't post please, or at least be nice about it.

5: Go and post! For we WILL have these SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHIIIIPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

I am always for a new ship in the C-Store. You have my support!
  • gapaxbr1gapaxbr1 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    serisouly, has there been any new word about new ships or the typhoon for S9
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Probably not gonna be in S9.

Hopefully S10.