test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SUPPORT the Typhoon and Jupiter classes here!

Comments

• kamakaze101kamakaze101 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What do you guys think of this one?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...64557634_o.jpg

i just found my new background.......... dat sun....
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You have no idea how much I would buy this.

Once, obviously, but the speed ... it would be faster than you can read the STO ToS!
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

STOP IT!

IT MAKES ME WANT TO HAVE IT MORE!

Grrrrr....
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
    edited March 2014
    This is slowly turning into a Typhoon Rule 34 Thread.

Oh and...

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t31.0-8/1401701_276035632565343_1325754125_o.jpg
    edited March 2014

How did you take those pics? ;)
    edited March 2014
    ltdata96 wrote: »
    I pressed F4
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited March 2014
    No. But the Jupiter's design does scream "dreadnought carrier".

Maybe it's just me, though.

IMO the Jupiter screams pregnant cruise ship, but the Typhoon yeah I'd buy that in a heartbeat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    IMO the Jupiter screams pregnant cruise ship, but the Typhoon yeah I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

I find that the Jupiter resembles a 21st Century Ocean Cruise Liner I think the bulky look is appealing especially for a Dreadnought.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited March 2014

*Homer Simpson voice*

Much better!
    ltdata96 wrote: »

Demorecord is your friend.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • mynameisnommynameisnom Member Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Feds have enough ships already AND the galaxy classes just got a huge update. Stop being selfish and let Romulans and king ons get some love for once ..
    [SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
    stoutes wrote: »
    Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
    The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
    edited March 2014
    Feds have enough ships already AND the galaxy classes just got a huge update. Stop being selfish and let Romulans and king ons get some love for once ..

Nobody said the Typhoon should take priority over new Romulan and Klingon ships, just that it would make a decent addition in the future.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited March 2014
    Demorecord is your friend.

Wow, totally forgot that the demorecord is in the game :P. Thx :o
    edited March 2014

Klingons yes, agreed, they certainly deserve more ships, Romulans ... I refuse to accept any new ships without the current ones being balanced.

And feds might have many ships, but most of them are outdated or unbalanced (again...) Against the Romulan ones.

Oh and you are referring to "Galaxy classes" getting an update, in fact it was only the Dreadnought Cruiser getting some love, the Exploration Cruiser was untouched, killed by power creep it is.

But anyways we are just dreaming in this thread, if (when) cryptic will release them, nobody of us knows...
    edited March 2014
    Huge Update? only the Galaxy X was changed and they were minor the Galaxy Retrofit is still the failboat it has always been, many Federation ships are out dated and useless especaly against many Klingon and Romulan Ships. The latest Faction Ship was the Klingon Battle cruiser.
    I usually play as the Romulans and they already have plenty of Love as do the Klingons when the Federation got the short end of the stick with the Dyson Destroyer that had no Cloak
    The Romulans already have plenty of advantages
    The Klingons just revived a new Battleship
    It's only fair that the Federation recives something to keep up
  • vjeko1701vjeko1701 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I support both the Typoon battleship and the Jupiter dreadnought.
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have always wanted that Typhoon, such a awsome looking ship, imagine what a 3pack would look like :)

Please add this ship to be playeable PLEASE
    edited March 2014
    After this new Mirror Incursion thing, I'd say you Typhoon supporters can go somewhere unpleasant! I've had my fill of them

Then you have a very weak stomach. :rolleyes:
    I've been blowing them up daily and being on the receiving end of their Quantum torpedo spreads multiple times and I still can't help but admire them.
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    After this new Mirror Incursion thing, I'd say you Typhoon supporters can go somewhere unpleasant! I've had my fill of them

"Somewhere, unpleasant!".... "Somewhere, unpleasant! "..... "SomeWHERE, UNPLEASANT!"!!!!!!!¡
    Some place that sells playable Typhoons and Jupiters, that would be AWFUL!! :(
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • paxinfernumpaxinfernum Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Support for the Typhoon! \(^_^)/
  • kamakaze101kamakaze101 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I played through a few episodes and a few stfs.... damn there are typhoons everywere...... except in our own fleets...... C'mon Cryptic!
    edited April 2014
    I played through a few episodes and a few stfs.... damn there are typhoons everywere...... except in our own fleets...... C'mon Cryptic!

Had the same experience recently while levelling my latest char.

Typhoons just everywhere and even some Jupiters now and then when heavy support is needed (extremely epic moment btw when you see the Jupiter and a bunch of Typhoons batteling a Scimitar ;) )
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i support this Oddey isn't enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Supported ^^

also if it hasn't already been said....battleships and dreadnoughts are technically BOTH battleships

dreadnoughts get their distinctive name from having larger guns and thicker armor (at least the wet navy dreadnoughts were like that; also dreadnoughts usually were slightly larger with more tonnage)
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
    edited April 2014
    onyxheart1 wrote: »
    Supported ^^

also if it hasn't already been said....battleships and dreadnoughts are technically BOTH battleships

dreadnoughts get their distinctive name from having larger guns and thicker armor (at least the wet navy dreadnoughts were like that; also dreadnoughts usually were slightly larger with more tonnage)

The game differentiates between them, though. Dreadnoughts in STO are a step above battleships.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited April 2014
    onyxheart1 wrote: »
    Supported ^^

The definition of a Dreadnought is a battleship that is larger and faster than its predecessors and equipped entirely with large-calibre guns.

The first use of the Dreadnought Navy Warships was in the 20th century in 1906 during the "Naval Race" during that time Britain had the largest and most powerful navy in the world but Germany was beginning to build up her own navy to challenge Britain's naval superiority.
    The British navy designed and began building "Dreadnoughts" much larger and more powerful warships, so much so that they made all other ships obsolete. So the race turned into who could build the most dreadnoughts and by 1914 Britain had 29 Dreadnoughts and Germany had 17.

Onyxheart1 is Correct a Dreadnought is simply a very well armed battleship that is stronger and larger both the Typhoon and the Jupiter could meet these criteria and therefore be classed as Dreadnoughts.
    The game differentiates between them, though. Dreadnoughts in STO are a step above battleships.

They are however you are referring to the NPC ranking that is ordered into four levels Frigate, Cruiser, Battleship and Dreadnought these are simply the levels of difficulty.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    Actually that race started with the British built Battleship HMS Dreadnought.

It was the name of the ship that revolutionized Naval Battleship construction. It was the first ship with tiered rotating large guns and made every other predecessor obsolete in an instance. So every other naval power needed their own battleship to content this new innovative design.

Which is ... kind of exactly what the guy you're trying to correct just said.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    edited April 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    Actually that race started with the British built Battleship HMS Dreadnought.

It was the name of the ship that revolutionized Naval Battleship construction. It was the first ship with tiered rotating large guns and made every other predecessor obsolete in an instance. So every other naval power needed their own battleship to content this new innovative design.
    Indeed

HMS Dreadnought = Scimitar

Like I said it made every other ship obsolete
    You repeated what I've been saying.
  • lorenriverslorenrivers Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I fully support both the Typhoon and the Jupiter.