test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SUPPORT the Typhoon and Jupiter classes here!

Comments

• Options
    thehubby2thehubby2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'll chime in to support these ships.
  • Options
    desert4dessertdesert4dessert Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd totally support having these as playable ships
  • Options
    darthtrekker4400darthtrekker4400 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would LOVE to be able to command the Jupiter and Typhoon. Especially if they had mirror shins. Only problem is that the Jupiter will be the slowest commandable ship in the game.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I dunno, I would first want a redesign to improve the quality. The Jupiter could be made more aesthetically pleasing without losing its identity, I think.

I suppose this is something that would absolutely have to happen anyway, since the ships are pure NPC models now, and those were always made with lower quality.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited February 2014
    I'm all for it , both of them .
    They do however , need a serious going over to be brought in line with the newer ships by the ship designers, So that they look less like kitbashes
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • Options
    redz4twredz4tw Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2014
    I support these ships being brought, but seriously the Jupiter is fugly. It looks like the stargazer and a bathtub had a baby.
  • Options
    dsarisdsaris Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Jupiter, no way. Terrible design that has been succeeded by the Odyssey.

Typhoon, YES PLEASE. I was really hoping that Typhoon and variants would be the Battlecruiser instead of the Tactical Intrepid they called Avenger.

Here's a thought for making Typhoon a C-store ship... use the BoFF layout from the D'Dex. LC Tac for plenty of punch, LC Sci for those wicked tractor beam repulsors we all hate in Mirror Event.
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I dunno, I would first want a redesign to improve the quality. The Jupiter could be made more aesthetically pleasing without losing its identity, I think.
    rrincy wrote: »
    I'm all for it , both of them .
    They do however , need a serious going over to be brought in line with the newer ships by the ship designers, So that they look less like kitbashes

The Textures of both ships could use some reworking to make them more detailed and cleaner similar to what they did with the Scimitar but they should not change the Models themselves the Ship designs should stay as they are.
  • Options
    ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dsaris wrote: »
    "has been succeeded by the Odyssey."

Not sure where you got that from...
    The Jupiter serves a different purpouse than the Oddy does (Battleship-Dreadnaught vs. Explorer).
    I'd rather say the Oddy is the successor of the Souvereign...

Aside from that, the Jupiter is quite much seen in PvE events, also in the Dyson Sphere.
  • Options
    wr3knar21wr3knar21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    /signed

Especially the Typhoon, I like that the sight of one makes most klinks soil their drawers.
  • Options
    cyraxredcyraxred Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I support the Typhoon and Jupiter Class
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    dsaris wrote: »
    Jupiter, no way. Terrible design that has been succeeded by the Odyssey.

Once again that is a matter of Opinion personally I think that the Jupiter is a fairly nice design and so do many other players.
    The Odyssey and the Jupiter are nothing alike Aesthetically or in their roles as Starships
    The Odyssey is a long range Explorer (Often referred to as a Star Cruiser)
    But the Jupiter is classed as a Dreadnought or a Battleship.
  • Options
    phoenix234567phoenix234567 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I support a playable Typhoon and Jupiter. The sooner we get them the better.

Mirror skins would also be very, very welcome.
    C'mon Cryptic, the Typhoon Battleship is the most aggressive and badass looking ship in the entire Starfleet. How could it not be playable!?
    And don't forget about the Jupiter and the Balaur and every other awesome NPC ship that absolutely deserves to be playable!
    C'mon Cryptic, we know you can do it!
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I support a playable Typhoon and Jupiter. The sooner we get them the better.

Mirror skins would also be very, very welcome.

Both the yellow and purple material options.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    A long time ago, they would have been by far the biggest thing in the game. And I would have said no. We now have Jem'hadar dreads, Scimis, Voth battleships. All far larger than is practical. So, why not?
  • Options
    carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i agree....the typhoon and jupiter would be a good thing to se in sto
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yep. I want the Jupiter... Because it's the Jupiter darn it. I support the Jupiter!
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    Both the yellow and purple material options.
    I doubt we'd get the Old Purple Mirror Universe Skins, they're not used anymore but the Yellow Mirror Skin is a Possibility It would go great with the Spiral Wave Disruptors.
  • Options
    spartanofborgspartanofborg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Signed!!

Been wishing for them to make the Typhoon ever since I first saw it, and the Jupiter would be perfect as the first FED designed Dreadnought Carrier. I'd even have them with there current skins, but if everyone thinks they need new ones I'm happy with that, just make 'em!

p.s. there should be 3 variants of each Typhoon (Hurricane & Derecho), Jupiter (Teotl & Woden), just my little bit, all the typhoon variants named after extreme weather anomalies and all the Jupiter Variants named after Kings of Gods from Earths History. just a suggestion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    /Signed

I have a character set aside to run a Typhoon-class if it becomes available.

He hardly gets used now... spending most of his time doing DOFF missions, but if the Typhoon is added to the game, he will definitely be put back on active duty.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    /Signed

I have a character set aside to run a Typhoon-class if it becomes available.

He hardly gets used now... spending most of his time doing DOFF missions, but if the Typhoon is added to the game, he will definitely be put back on active duty.

So do I

I made a new Tactical Character just in case it is released though I never found the time to rank him up (And by that I mean I'm too lazy) I'm also tempted to make an Engineering Character too so I could effectively Tank in the Typhoon now all we need if for Cryptic to release the ship which is LONG overdue.
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is it shiny? Is it scrumptious? Will it make us money??

If the answer to the 3rd one is yes they will make it so.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    kintisho wrote: »
    Is it shiny? Is it scrumptious? Will it make us money??

If the answer to the 3rd one is yes they will make it so.
    If it gets the Ships released then I certainly won't mind paying for them and neither will many other players
    the Jupiter and Typhoon are gold mines Cryptic already have the Designs and Models to create the ships all they need are new Textures and Stats along with a couple of ability consoles and they can be released they will certainly make money from them.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    If it gets the Ships released then I certainly won't mind paying for them and neither will many other players
    the Jupiter and Typhoon are gold mines Cryptic already have the Designs and Models to create the ships all they need are new Textures and Stats along with a couple of ability consoles and they can be released they will certainly make money from them.

Nearly zero effort for a good chance of making good money.

Great deal i'd say :P
  • Options
    galanis2814galanis2814 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Supported. I would buy the eff out of a Jupiter-class dreadnought carrier. And a Typhoon.
  • Options
    projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Maybe they're holding the ships for release until the vocal majority made up of an in-game minority leave?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    unikon wrote: »
    Wasn't it mentioned before that Typhoon was coming? I remember DStahl saying something to that effect a while back.
    He mentioned that the Typhoon would most likely be released when the maximum tier of Ships was increased to Six but only if it gets enough support, this is why this thread was made to allow players to show support for the Ships.
  • Options
    kamakaze101kamakaze101 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Any moar supporters? We need em!

*uses epic and unfair tricks to keep this thread alive*

May i support multiple times? :P

Anyways, i don't think a thread like this will force Cryptic release them (though i hope i'm wrong... ;) )