Install Arc
Options

Update The Original U.S.S. Enterprise

12346»

Comments

• Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I thought star trek online was about creating new voyages of your own, not having wet dreams about TOS. Sorry, I must be misguided...

As Cosmic says ...
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vilecalamitousvilecalamitous Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If they were to update the TOS Constitution then it should be by adding the bigger bridge module, larger deflector and the different nacelles as customization options. Maybe a Terran Empire skin but I can do without that.

https://starshipmodeler.biz/shop/images/products/PolarLights/pol-mka4.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Be nice if the ship artists did touch up the Consitution and the Refit to look better.

Always drove me nuts that the TOS Consitution never had windows in the right places, especially the classic 3 windows at the front of the saucer. And the Refit with all those hull lines, which stand out too much, and again the windows in their proper locations. Seems like they just slap on windows and call it a day.
  • Options
    zachariyazachariya Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Please, not this thread again
    Shoot through the Galaxy, Final Master Spark!
  • Options
    stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    age03 wrote: »
    I do to and Sumner Redstone is not the CEO it is Leslie Moonvie.Mr. Redtone maybe one of the board of directors but he is not president CEO of CBS.This was clearly stated in the letter the STG got from him.

http://www.cbscorporation.com/ourcompany-executives.php?exec=150

I have been around in community a lot longer than you have and kept up with the news.
    Oh my god! I've been watching this debate go on between the 2 of you in a couple of different threads. You can't be that stupid!

Every corporatation has a board of directors. The chairman is the person selected to be the head of the board of directors. The CEO is the person hired by the board of directors to run the day to day operations of a company. The CEO is answerable to the board of directors. The board of directors are the CEO's boss.

It can't be that hard for you to understand the basic corporate structure that is nearly the same in every country in the world!
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    stf65 wrote: »
    Oh my god! I've been watching this debate go on between the 2 of you in a couple of different threads. You can't be that stupid!

Every corporatation has a board of directors. The chairman is the person selected to be the head of the board of directors. The CEO is the person hired by the board of directors to run the day to day operations of a company. The CEO is answerable to the board of directors. The board of directors are the CEO's boss.

It can't be that hard for you to understand the basic corporate structure that is nearly the same in every country in the world!

Sadly he is. And it's a crying shame his avatar is what it is to boot.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As Cosmic says ...

I actually have thought for some time that a STO Comic Book or any further STO novels should feature that, maybe coupled with characters the game can't use like Admiral Riker butting heads with Obisek or something.

Maybe swap out the ship there to something a bit more common in game but show whole armadas of bugships and such fighting as allied Starfleet vessels.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ptiago920 wrote: »
    After seeing the New Star Trek Movies, i think that it would be a good thought if the Original Enterprise were update for the 2009 version. I know that the Enterprise from 2009 and 2013 is in a parallel universe, but... Who cares??

The CBS, Paramount and PWE llawyers do.

This work is licensed from CBS as the original unverses IP holder in the descent from Viacom...... the new movies however are completely in Paramount's IP holdings... there is no formal licensing agreement for content between PWE and Paramount and there likely never will be.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It should be noted that merely because someone has controlling interest in Paramount and CBS does not mean that one company owns the others, or that the person has total ownership of the company. It merely means that persons vote caries weight enough to push board votes in each. The two companies are separate entities, thee board of each are separate groups which hold at different times voting on different matters that pertain to just that company. Movement of assets or property between one or the other requires formal legal transactions and agreements between the separate entities. Transfers between the lower company and companies with holding interest too required formal legal transactions and agreements.

That being said, STO is likely not even a blip on Redstone's radar, as he only has controling interest as having controlling in terest in a holding company that has controlling interest in each of Paramount and CBS...... we're not even talking a parent/child company relationship here.
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Could we please just let this thread die? If there are any changes made to the TOS model it should only be to make it look more like the the original series ship or the digitally remastered one, that's it.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am sick to death of hearing this JJ Enterprise and the fans wanting it in the game.

It's never going to happen!!!!!

very much this ^^^^^!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.