test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update The Original U.S.S. Enterprise

Comments

• moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We obviously need a BORG CUBE here...

I kinda want a Borg ship. Freak everyone the hell out in Red Alerts when they notice a Borg Sphere following them and they're not in combat.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Since CBS owns original Trek, why don't they give us something new to watch godammit!

They will, if someone can present to them a new show with a premise that's going to make them money. ;)
    edited February 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Well, my KDF ships have a giant slush ice machine in engineering.:P

There's no ice slushie machine in Engineering. The closest thing to something like that would be the warp core waste compiler...

/facepalm

That's why your urine comes out purple at the stalls, isn't it? I TOLD YOU THERE WAS NO POSSIBLE WAY THAT GAGH MAKES YOUR PEE TURN PURPLE LIKE BEETS TURN HUMAN PEE RED!
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    JJverse STO: Press 5 to activate Lens Flare.

You know that room in the new FE where the shields are malfunctioning and you have to reactivate them or be cooked by the sun?

That would be your bridge on STO JJverse edition. :D
  • abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 649 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Why does this smell suspiciously like a T5 connie thread?
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You know the worst part? I hear JJ's going to direct EP7 of Star wars..... suddenly the phantom menace wasn't so bad.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • whitewinged7whitewinged7 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I dont understand why people hate on the new JJ verse so much its like you think that despising it will bring you closer to having the old connie back on screen well it wont lol

Someone said since CBS owns the damn Trek universe then why the HECK dont they give us a show to watch already!!!!!

JJ Verse may be a little childish and full of flares but, there is no reason not to enjoy the fact that it is the only trek weve seen in a long long time
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ptiago920 wrote: »
    After seeing the New Star Trek Movies, i think that it would be a good thought if the Original Enterprise were update for the 2009 version. I know that the Enterprise from 2009 and 2013 is in a parallel universe, but... Who cares?

The owners of the IP care. It's not going to happen because STO usage is licensed from CBS.... and it is Paramount who holds licensing for the new design.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    OK am I one of the oddballs who likes to NOT Fly an Iconic ship like the Constitution, or intrepid or defiant?

Am I one of the crazy ones because I like the Ak'rif, dyson ships, Avenger, Odyssey, Promethius, armitage and the like?
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    chiyoumiku wrote: »
    You know the worst part? I hear JJ's going to direct EP7 of Star wars..... suddenly the phantom menace wasn't so bad.
    No, the Phantom Menace will always be bad.
    edited February 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    OK am I one of the oddballs who likes to NOT Fly an Iconic ship like the Constitution, or intrepid or defiant?

Am I one of the crazy ones because I like the Ak'rif, dyson ships, Avenger, Odyssey, Promethius, armitage and the like?

Star Trek is about the player's character. I fly a vesta class which more fits our game's era. No way would a constitution class still be flying in 2409
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Why does this smell suspiciously like a T5 connie thread?

Because T5 Connie threads like this one are what T5 Connie threads smell like.
    I dont understand why people hate on the new JJ verse so much its like you think that despising it will bring you closer to having the old connie back on screen well it wont lol

Dunno about the bandwagon-hoppers, but I hated JJ's over-the-top asinine TRIBBLE long before he brought his over-the-top asinine style to Star Trek.

And he hasn't improved a bit, unless one counts "Moar lens flare!!!!!1!!!" as an improvement. Once a hack, always a hack says I. That said, I can't wait to see how he makes Star Wars fans love Episode I and Jar Jar Binks...which given past experience, I'm sure he'll manage. :D

-shrug-
    edited February 2014
    I don't hate jjverse. I thought it worked except the bridge was too bright imo, I have sensitive eyes that's why. I don't believe he would be an asset to star wars though. That being said, I just don't know why people keep wanting JJverse when they know it's not the same license. It's like these people do not understanding the fundamentals of IP/Licensing.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    talonxv wrote: »

Well, the Ody and Avenger follow the general iconic starfleet design for the most part. And I would consider the Prometheus Iconic too.... I've loved that ship the moment I saw it in action in "Message In a Bottle".
    edited February 2014
    greyhame3 wrote: »
    No, the Phantom Menace will always be bad.

Truth. Phantom Menace was a bad, bad film.

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yup.
    Old Trek is owned by CBS, new Trek is owned by Paramount.

thank flying [redacted] for that! i would never want to see jjcrap in STO.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    1 post in the forums ever.
    never came back to defend the argument.
    calls 2009 "original" enterprise.

Way to fall for a troll post, community.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yup.
    Old Trek is owned by CBS, new Trek is owned by Paramount.
    And both CBS and Viacom/Paramount are controlled by National Amusements; plus Sumner Redstone is the Chairman of National Amusements, Viacom, and the Executive Chairman of CBS. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited February 2014
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am sick to death of hearing this JJ Enterprise and the fans wanting it in the game.

It's never going to happen!!!!!

I completely agree.It would be better done this way abd tw that video is from Star Trek The Game.

http://www.startrekphase2.de/en/404v_going_boldly.php
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • wry1wry1 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    And both CBS and Viacom/Paramount are controlled by National Amusements; plus Sumner Redstone is the Chairman of National Amusements, Viacom, and the Executive Chairman of CBS. :)

Sumner Redstone!! that's our in!! Perhaps we could lure one of his kids or nieces/ nephews into playing and then wham have them ask him to make it happen? Easy peasy.
    edited February 2014
    wry1 wrote: »
    Sumner Redstone!! that's our in!! Perhaps we could lure one of his kids or nieces/ nephews into playing and then wham have them ask him to make it happen? Easy peasy.
    Sumner is actually a big Star Trek fan; but he is also going to be 91 this year. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited February 2014
    Sumner is actually a big Star Trek fan; but he is also going to be 91 this year. :)

How do you know all of this and btw he is retired now.
    Star Trek Gamers
    edited February 2014
    age03 wrote: »
    How do you know all of this and btw he is retired now.
    We have had all this discussion before... And no, he is not retired. He retired from being CEO of CBS and Viacom, but not from being Chairman of those companies. Those are two different positions in the corporate world - Chairmans hire CEOs. You can go directly to CBS, Viacom, and National Amusements corporate websites and still see his quite active.

And Sumner attends quite a few Star Trek events.
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited February 2014

F***! There goes my hope for a new CBS TV-show.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
    edited February 2014
    We have had all this discussion before... And no, he is not retired. He retired from being CEO of CBS and Viacom, but not from being Chairman of those companies. Those are two different positions in the corporate world - Chairmans hire CEOs. You can go directly to CBS, Viacom, and National Amusements corporate websites and still see his quite active.

And Sumner attends quite a few Star Trek events.

Yes he is retired don't argue with me as we sent him letter remember I don't beleive a word you say as you don't know what is going in Trek gaming like we do.
    Star Trek Gamers
    edited February 2014
    Yes he is retired don't argue with me as we sent him letter remember I don't beleive a word you say as you don't know what is going in Trek gaming like we do.
    I really do not want to hear about your letter again; nor how you think you are a Trek expert. Everyone in the thread tried to explain that you were wrong, but you just did not understand it. Believe what you will. For simplicity sake I will post both the Link to CBS's and Viacom's Board of Directors pages from their website here:

CBS: http://www.cbscorporation.com/ourcompany-board.php?id=118&member=109

Viacom: http://www.viacom.com/about/pages/boardofdirectors.aspx

You will notice that Mr. Redstone is listed as Executive Chairman for both corporations to this day. Thus he is not retired from that position.
    edited February 2014
    I really do not want to hear about your letter again; nor how you think you are a Trek expert. Everyone in the thread tried to explain that you were wrong, but you just did not understand it. Believe what you will. For simplicity sake I will post both the Link to CBS's and Viacom's Board of Directors pages from their website here:

CBS: http://www.cbscorporation.com/ourcompany-board.php?id=118&member=109

Viacom: http://www.viacom.com/about/pages/boardofdirectors.aspx

You will notice that Mr. Redstone is listed as Executive Chairman for both corporations to this day. Thus he is not retired from that position.

Just because it say that doesn't mean he goes to every meeting an votes.He passed on those resposibliies over to Leslie Moovies.We got a hand written letter back fro Mt Redstone himself.
    Star Trek Gamers
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ptiago920 wrote: »
    After seeing the New Star Trek Movies, i think that it would be a good thought if the Original Enterprise were update for the 2009 version. I know that the Enterprise from 2009 and 2013 is in a parallel universe, but... Who cares?
    I think a renewed version of this ship would be good for the game itself.

And by the way update also it's interior!!

I leave here a youtube movie from this Enterprise version:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0i72CsaL2I

What do u think of this sugestion?

Read. My. Sig.
    hotelkatz wrote: »
    Isn't the 2009 movie version enterprise off limits because of legal reasons?

Aye. Again, first link in my sig.
    I am sick to death of hearing this JJ Enterprise and the fans wanting it in the game.

It's never going to happen!!!!!

Cannot agree more. There should be a sticky about JJ trek and all new comers MUST read it as part of the TOS.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
    edited February 2014
    Just because it say that doesn't mean he goes to every meeting an votes.He passed on those resposibliies over to Leslie Moovies.We got a hand written letter back fro Mt Redstone himself.
    You have no clue what a Board of Directors actually does, do you? They do not meet or work every day.

And let me say it again: Sumner Redstone owns the company via voting shares. His vote is the majority every single time a vote is required.