test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So.....where's this choice of minigames for the Qmendations?

124»

Comments

• thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    stararmy wrote: »
    FYI, if you see me do this, it's because I'm actually playing the box game with two Qs at the same time, in order to finish the mission more quickly (and yes, I always correctly choose the right boxes).

Same here, I usually activate 3 & 2 at the same time ... just doing Runners, if there is the time in between ...

Everyone ignoring Boxes, is just doing it wrong & wasting time/resources ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    greyhame3 wrote: »
    Or they could just remove the present shuffling. Because as annoying as the entire thing is, having to watch Q wander around between gifts just makes things more annoying.

This entire thing is poorly designed. The fix isn't to make it worse.

Now this makes more sense then complaining people are griefers (I say this as someone who does the presents), I can't blame someone for not wanting to do the presents, it sucks and the game screws it up half the time by making the boxes move in such a way so you can't see q at all or his location. Just horrible.

The present game should just be removed entirely, its not fun, doesn't function in a way that is far, and its dragged out. This grind would be okay if it was just a chase and if they actually used the whole space at starfleet acedmey.
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I suggested that yesterday. Eliminate the whole stupid thing and just have us sign in go to Q kick him in the buttocks and get our reward. Period. :D
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kardeiz wrote: »
    If you really want to put a stop to this, start reporting the players who click-n-run as griefers. Eventually with 1000's of reports of griefing, Cryptic will have to say something one way or another. Either it's perfectly fine and everyone will just have to deal with things as they are, or everything isn't fine and something needs to be done to rectify the situation.

Precisely. Get on the game company, they created this mess. Make them do something about it- and in the process, my work here will get done.
    greyhame3 wrote: »
    Or they could just remove the present shuffling. Because as annoying as the entire thing is, having to watch Q wander around between gifts just makes things more annoying.

This entire thing is poorly designed. The fix isn't to make it worse.

Yup. See, thing is some people claim they're about fixing it, but a little observation will make clear that they're really more about "righteously punishing the vile evildoers" than anything else. :rolleyes:
    Same here, I usually activate 3 & 2 at the same time ... just doing Runners, if there is the time in between ...

Everyone ignoring Boxes, is just doing it wrong & wasting time/resources ...

True. But it's still hysterical to run into the lowest-population instance, trip 4 sets of dancing gift boxes, get a runner for the 5th, chase it down, then go work the 4 sets of gift boxes (thus nothing goes to waste and I'm done and gone in under 2 minutes) then come here and watch people accuse me of griefing for a longer time than I spend in the game grinding these stupid Qs for 5 characters.

One could open a shop selling Nerd Rage Tears energy drink by the tanker truck load. :D

See, whether we're leaving the gift boxes entirely or not doesn't matter to the Sheldons upset that we're "having fun wrong" by not standing there scratching our gluts watching gift boxes slide around. If they like watching paint dry, good on them. I don't, and so won't indulge in it.

And maybe someday, somewhere over the rainbow, Cryptic might actually come down from On High and address their mess. -snort- Now that's funny right there.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    True. But it's still hysterical to run into the lowest-population instance, trip 4 sets of dancing gift boxes, get a runner for the 5th, chase it down, then go work the 4 sets of gift boxes (thus nothing goes to waste and I'm done and gone in under 2 minutes) then come here and watch people accuse me of griefing for a longer time than I spend in the game grinding these stupid Qs for 5 characters.
    Because they are idiots. I am arguing with another guy in another thread about this very topic about this very thing. Clearly you're a man who knows how this works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The activators are mostly not griefing. The npcs and other players blocking my view is griefing. So who's really griefing us?

Have the shell mini game popup in a separate window or get rid of it and the grind for 'free' stuff.
    Yes, activating almost half the map just to get one type of thing counts as griefing, whether it's intentional or not.
    edited February 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Yes, activating almost half the map just to get one type of thing counts as griefing, whether it's intentional or not.

Then start reporting people and get them banned. :rolleyes:
  • weednikweednik Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you don't like the "presents" minigame then don't play! The party crashers with health bars are the runners, the party crashers without health bars are the present shuffelers.
    edited February 2014
    weednik wrote: »
    If you don't like the "presents" minigame then don't play!

A lot of us don't, and that's what the good obedient little sheep are crying like babies about.
  • thehubby2thehubby2 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Wow, that's just sad. I can't believe that taking 10 minutes out of your life to actually do the presents game is so impossible for people. Probably says something about the level of entitlement people feel these days.

Personally, I do one mini-Q at a time and I'm working on it for 3 characters. Really, from what I'm seeing here, it's not like you guys have anything better to do anyways.
    edited February 2014
    thehubby2 wrote: »
    Wow, that's just sad. I can't believe that taking 10 minutes out of your life to actually do the presents game is so impossible for people.

It's not impossible, it's just an unnecessary pain in the buttocks. I'm sorry I'm able to do your "10 minute" chore in under 1.5 minutes then get back to the parts of the game I'm really interested in (and out of everyone else's way) while they watch in rapt joy as gift boxes dance around.

But really, enjoy the show if that's your thing. I'll be elsewhere actually playing Star Trek Online instead of "Giftville." :D
  • weednikweednik Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    A lot of us don't, and that's what the good obedient little sheep are crying like babies about.
    That's why I continued my post with :
    The party crashers with health bars are the runners, the party crashers without health bars are the present shuffelers.
  • capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you don't like the "presents" minigame then don't play! The party crashers with health bars are the runners, the party crashers without health bars are the present shuffelers.

This us valuably information that i never noticed. Also if you use your aim mode and look at the presents you get a cog looking symbol on the correct present....
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you're having trouble doing the "presents" mini-game, switch to Shooter Mode. You'll guess the rest ;)