test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

C-Store Dyson Ship

13»

Comments

• borg7of10borg7of10 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Like with Worf's FE for the Obelisk, first a dangling carrot and then the money...

Of course Why on God's green earth would PWE or Cryptic Not do it that way ? their Ship packs are Overpriced and players pay it regardless,but as for the Dyson Ships or ships you
    have to actually Work for and grind for it also promotes players to be Lazy and buy it so they don't need to Grind for it.

It simply goes to show players that Don't want to have to actually Earn their Ship by working for it by grinding for it they just wait for it to go into the C-Store which is why i don't bother giving my Money to Cryptic or PWE why should i really? they Promote Lazyness why grind for the item when they can be lazy and buy it because they Know it will be put into the C-Store anyways.:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Dyson Science Destroyers, across all three factions, are nearly identical ships. They have small differences, but essentially do mostly the same things with the same Boff layout.

I... just cannot picture Cryptic charging more than once for this. I know people bring out BranFlakes quotes to justify this... but I find that quote very prone to interpretation. For myself, I kind of see this more like the Temporal Science Vessel/Destroyer approach. You get a box, and when you open it, you get a variant tied to the faction of the character you're playing.

As I see it, you'd have to visit the Z-Store, look up the Dyson Science Destroyer bundle or its three variants separately. Once you buy those of your choice, you'd account-unlock them across all three factions. Then you could go on whatever Vice-Admiral character, claim the ships, get some boxes in your inventory, open them and VOILA new ship with unique console now available to you.
  • aarionpaxaarionpax Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Any chance this bundle might include costumes like the Vesta or scimitar bundle do? Or will the bundle be more along the lines of the Odyssey pack and just feature 3 of the exact same ship?
  • vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    3 3 packs of ships, one for each faction.

It is that way because it is a 10 console ship.

3 versions each putting that almighty 10th console in a different slot, eng, tac, sci, etc.

That's why there's 3 per faction. That's why you have to pay 150usd to get all of them. You are getting nine ships total. Not even counting the unique consoles
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The different hull materials look good. The DPS boost and Drain from the Uni Consoles is great. Big power boost to all subsystems.

Can't wait to buy it
  • chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The different hull materials look good. The DPS boost and Drain from the Uni Consoles is great. Big power boost to all subsystems.

Can't wait to buy it

where have you seen all this?
  • stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    where have you seen all this?
    It's available for testing on tribble.
  • damzelltrilldamzelltrill Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ok, I for one am glad for the Buy option regarding the Anniversary ship; I don't (yet) have a reliable internet connection to play STO every day. I did grind most of it while the connection was still good, but I finished off by buying the last 80-100 Q's. Irks me that I ended up with several extra Q's, but after buying a life time I have the room to store them.
    A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
    "Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    stf65 wrote: »
    The c-store dyson ships are on tribble? Where? They arent at the Drozena console with the Ar'kif, nor are they at the rep store on DS9.
  • redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    LOL now that's funny right there.

Wait, you're serious? :eek:

Well in that case, here's how it works: You buy one 5000 Zen 3-pack for the faction you want. If you want all 2.5 faction's ships, you buy each faction (or pseudo-faction) package.

That's 5000 Zen for the Fed package, 5000 Zen for the Klingon package, and 5000 Zen for the Romulan package for a total of 15000 Zen and 9 ships.

Dont you love his simi-veiled passive-aggressive comments that the Romulans are not a faction?
  • aneofthedustaneofthedust Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The c-store dyson ships are on tribble? Where? They arent at the Drozena console with the Ar'kif, nor are they at the rep store on DS9.

same question lol
    OP Revell : Vote for Vesta!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cerealplayercerealplayer Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    stf65 wrote: »

Can you, or anyone else, post the boff seating please?