test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

C-Store Dyson Ship

kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
Does anyone know if there's just going to be one Dyson Ship in the C-Store and if buying it will unlock the other factions' versions?

Like if I buy a Fed Dyson Ship, will I be able to claim the Romulan and Klingon on different toons?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Nope. 3 bundles of 3. (I assume sold individually as well but not sure).

If you buy the fed versions, you only get the fed versions.
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Important thing to remember about the free ship. People are grinding for one of three ships depending on your faction. You can later buy one of three packs since they are three ships.
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    greyhame3 wrote: »
    Important thing to remember about the free ship. People are grinding for one of three ships depending on your faction. You can later buy one of three packs since they are three ships.

And at the moment, all information points to if you want the set for the set bonus, you have to get the event ship and the other parts from running the FE
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Don't bother with the Dyson ship. Its both a huge grind to get part of the set on a 9 console ship, and then 5000 zen per faction to finish the set. Total money required for each full set ship (assuming somebody also buys the "free" one with lobi) is
    200 boxes * 125 zen per key = 25000 Zen for the free one
    3 pack ship = 5000
    30000 zen.

If grinded, just 5000. Per faction, note that.

So if you want all sets, its gonna cost you at least 15000 zen, equal to around 140 USD (if you buy your Zen smart) or 120 EUR.

(Sorry if my math or my euro conversion is off, math isn't my strongest point and neither is conversion rates. Feel free to correct me.)
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    Don't bother with the Dyson ship. Its both a huge grind to get part of the set on a 9 console ship, and then 5000 zen per faction to finish the set. Total money required for each full set ship (assuming somebody also buys the "free" one with lobi) is
    3 pack ship = 5000
    30000 zen.

So if you want all sets, its gonna cost you at least 15000 zen, equal to around 140 USD (if you buy your Zen smart) or 120 EUR.

(Sorry if my math or my euro conversion is off, math isn't my strongest point and neither is conversion rates. Feel free to correct me.)

Frankly, I disagree on the 'huge' grind (unless we are talking about alt-aholism) while distinctly annoying when the 'follow the Q' gift box thing comes up, it takes an average of 5m to do the daily. And yes, you do have to do the daily for 15 days, which again with the gift box thing can be a chore, but heck, just logging in to set up doffs can take that long, and there is a benefit to doing that anyways.

There isn't a need to go instantly to the pay option, unless you cant be patient. And frankly, thats what the whole idea of the scheme is anyways, to have those who can't take their time and demand instant gratification go for it in the first place.
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just wanted to pop on and say that we do not yet know if they will be selling packs separatly or if they will bundle them together for one price.

The most likely is separatly, but you never know, they might do a bundle for a reduced price.
    Think about ~$75-100 for a bundle, if not, the usual $50 per pack...
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Like with Worf's FE for the Obelisk, first a dangling carrot and then the money...
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Nope. 3 bundles of 3. (I assume sold individually as well but not sure).

If you buy the fed versions, you only get the fed versions.
    I see a lot of players who keep saying a 3-pack, and keep spreading that information between them on the forum, but I do not remember ever seeing a Dev statement saying it was a 3-pack - as a 3-pack would require 9 ships to be made: 3 for each Faction.

Could you point me to this 3-pack statement?
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kayajay wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's just going to be one Dyson Ship in the C-Store and if buying it will unlock the other factions' versions?

Like if I buy a Fed Dyson Ship, will I be able to claim the Romulan and Klingon on different toons?

LOL now that's funny right there.

Wait, you're serious? :eek:

Well in that case, here's how it works: You buy one 5000 Zen 3-pack for the faction you want. If you want all 2.5 faction's ships, you buy each faction (or pseudo-faction) package.

That's 5000 Zen for the Fed package, 5000 Zen for the Klingon package, and 5000 Zen for the Romulan package for a total of 15000 Zen and 9 ships.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I see a lot of players who keep saying a 3-pack, and keep spreading that information between them on the forum, but I do not remember ever seeing a Dev statement saying it was a 3-pack - as a 3-pack would require 9 ships to be made: 3 for each Faction.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1086771
    As we shared with you earlier, these incredible new ships are also pre-equipped with a secondary deflector. In late February (next month), we'll be releasing a 3-pack C-Store bundle of each factional Dyson Science Destroyer [...]

This should do the trick.:)
  • varthelmvarthelm Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Aye...the dev blog can be taken both ways....1 set of 3 ships....one of each faction....or 3 separate packs of 3 ships each? Can we get clarification from Bran or some other cryptic source? Ty
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Sure, see here.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As we shared with you earlier, these incredible new ships are also pre-equipped with a secondary deflector. In late February (next month), we?ll be releasing a 3-pack C-Store bundle of each factional Dyson Science Destroyer, and each of those ships will feature a fantastic new console, in addition to upgraded stats, including a 10th console slot. Equip all 3 consoles on one of the upcoming, C-Store Dyson Science Destroyer variants, in addition to the secondary deflector found on the anniversary version, to gain access to another, special 4-piece set bonus. More details on this set bonus will be revealed next month as we get closer to its release.

Here you go

Arggghh someone beat me to it.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the info, guys! I somehow completely missed that in the blog and was wondering why everyone kept saying 3-pack.

I am not a huge fan of the 3-packs - not from a monetary issue as I have over 60,000 Zen - but mostly from a production standpoint: I'd rather see 9 completely new ships for sale then 3 with variant skins. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So to clarify this more, if I buy the 3-pack, I get 3 ships for my account wide?
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the info, guys! I somehow completely missed that in the blog and was wondering why everyone kept saying 3-pack.

I am not a huge fan of the 3-packs - not from a monetary issue as I have over 60,000 Zen - but mostly from a production standpoint: I'd rather see 9 completely new ships for sale then 3 with variant skins. :)

Agreed.

In this case, the 9 ships are overkill..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    So to clarify this more, if I buy the 3-pack, I get 3 ships for my account wide?

Limited to those of the same faction of course.:)
    As with previous instances, like the Vestas for example, the three ships are probably slightly different, having different console layouts.
    And in most cases they also look slightly different. When you get the whole package you can pick a combinatin of layout and look you like and on top of that you also get all the unique concoles that come with the ships (one each) for a set bonus.
    edited February 2014

Yes, if you choose any cstore ship, it will be account wide usually..
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited February 2014
    I would assume it does not work any different then any other C-Store ship: they are all account unlocks.
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think if you buy the ship for one faction only it will be 2500 zen each. If you buy the pack you'll get one Fed, Klink and Rommie one from that pack.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
    edited February 2014
    I think if you buy the ship for one faction only it will be 2500 zen each. If you buy the pack you'll get one Fed, Klink and Rommie one from that pack.

Think again. :rolleyes:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=14749401&postcount=31
    I for one think this is FANTASTIC!! Making these 10 console ships available in the cstore is a dream come true for me as I just can't do the mini-Qs grind. I would much rather pay $50 any day to have these account wide unlocks. BRAVO.

My only question is are there going to be 3 _ three packs? As in a 3 pack of 3 fed versions, 3 Romulans versions, and 3 KDF versions?

Yes, so 9 ships total, 3 for each faction.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    castsbugc wrote: »
    And at the moment, all information points to if you want the set for the set bonus, you have to get the event ship and the other parts from running the FE

from current fe - i thought that all 3 mk12 gear will be still avaivable after it become part of normal missions, if not..well time for lengtly grind :(.
    edited February 2014
    czertik123 wrote: »
    from current fe - i thought that all 3 mk12 gear will be still avaivable after it become part of normal missions, if not..well time for lengtly grind :(.
    The 3 piece gear is available by running the mission, but the Warp Core 4th piece only comes on the ship from running the Anniversary Party Event.
    edited February 2014
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    3 pack ship = 5000
    30000 zen.

? i asumed that c-store ship will be same/better than currently aniversary ship - similiar to normal/advanced obiesk carrier.

and very important question - it is good ship - it will pay off to buy pack of 3 for 5k of zen or just buy avenger+mogh + ????? for 2,5k for each race to get better endline ships.
    edited February 2014

mayby that 3 pack was meaned "universal" one - taht you get 1 ship for each faction :) which will be imo much beter than to have buy each one separately - as now with bindles you get 3 ships for price of one.
    edited February 2014
    mayby that 3 pack was meaned "universal" one - taht you get 1 ship for each faction :)

Dream on, they've already confirmed it's each faction getting their own 3-pack just like the Odyssey/Bort.
    edited February 2014
    Dream on, they've already confirmed it's each faction getting their own 3-pack just like the Odyssey/Bort.

so it is decided - aveger + mogh for 2,5k as end ships, but which ships for romies ? any odeas ?
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    mayby that 3 pack was meaned "universal" one - taht you get 1 ship for each faction :) which will be imo much beter than to have buy each one separately - as now with bindles you get 3 ships for price of one.

Sorry no.

three seperate 3-pack bundles, one for each faction.

Each costing 5000 zen for the pack, 2500 each as usual.

these are ten console versions of the nine console ship obtained from the grind.

Apparently there'll be another three piece set from the zen bundles, in addition to the four piece set obtained from the FE and the grind.

Is it worth it?

Doubt anyone can answer that question in an objective way.

Don't see the point Fed-side myself. They have a plethora of good dedicated science vessels as it is.

However, Rom and KDf side there's a better case to be made, as their line ups are more limited in this regard.
  • paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Each faction will begetting a 3 pack of ships, in such a line as the Odyssey etc.

They will probably have 1 extra console of their respective type (as the one used in the mission is the Tactical variant, take note of its extra tactical console )

The three pieces of space gear currently awarded in the mission are staying, as are the 3 EV suits, the only thing not staying is the pack of 400 Qmendations.

However: To finish off that set to its full 4 pieces you need the warp core which is ONLY on the anniversary ship (for now at least they have no plans to put it elsewhere)

Likewise should you buy a 3 pack of ships for any given faction you can take the console from each ship and use them together. This set Also has a 4th component, the secondary Solnae deflector, this too is ONLY on the anniversary ship with no current plans to release it elsewhere.

If you do not plan on getting the anniversary ship but buying one of the Dyson ships then it is important to none you can of course still get the two 3 piece bonuses but you will not be able to fill the secondary deflector slot with any item until such a time as they go Science ship wide and they release the other secondary deflectors. (of course if you stick to tactical mode this is never an issue)
  • alfamegaalfamega Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Doubt anyone can answer that question in an objective way.
    well, i can try... kind of...
    hahahahahaha
    good luck to cryptic in finding rich and stupid player willing to buy the stuff. :D