test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

C-Store Dyson Ship

Comments

• alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There will be 3 3 ship bundles, 1 pack for each faction at 5000 zen. The aniv ship will have the warp core for 1 four piece set that includes the primary deflector, engine, and shield. It will also have a secondary deflector that part of another 4 piece set that includes the 3 consoles that come with the 3 ships in the cstore pack.
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Wait wait wait....

Has it been confirmed that it will be 5 k zen, or $50 for each pack?

I have not seen any indication to the pricing as of yet, so I assume you guys are going with the pricing of 3 packs we have seen so far (Odyssey, Vesta and so on).

But here it's 3 packs, one 3 pack per faction.

We have never seen that before to my knowledge, so the pricing might be different. And the dev post did say "bundle" wich could mean pay one price for all the packs, or just as in single pack of 3 ships per faction.

The best thing would be to offer both, a bundle with all the packs for about $75-$100, as it's not unusual to give a discount when buying"bulk", or the normal $50 per pack.

But until we get the official price, we are all really making educated guesses as far as the price goes...
  • strorusstrorus Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    castsbugc wrote: »
    Frankly, I disagree on the 'huge' grind (unless we are talking about alt-aholism) while distinctly annoying when the 'follow the Q' gift box thing comes up, it takes an average of 5m to do the daily. And yes, you do have to do the daily for 15 days, which again with the gift box thing can be a chore, but heck, just logging in to set up doffs can take that long, and there is a benefit to doing that anyways.

There isn't a need to go instantly to the pay option, unless you cant be patient. And frankly, thats what the whole idea of the scheme is anyways, to have those who can't take their time and demand instant gratification go for it in the first place.

You do not need 200 boxes, only need 180~250 Lobi for the rest of the Qmendations, so that as about 30~40 lock boxes at the most.
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think if you buy the ship for one faction only it will be 2500 zen each. If you buy the pack you'll get one Fed, Klink and Rommie one from that pack.

I would have liked Cryptic to run it like that but sadly this is not going to be the case.

Each Faction is going to get its own 3 pack meaning 3 of the same ships with a different boff and console layout with a unique special console for each faction.

When you look at the way their doing it seems kind of pointless but what they did was create 3 new consoles that will combine with the Deflector, 2nd Deflector, Engines, Warpcore and shields that when used will get 2 4 piece set bonuses on one ship.

I would have liked the new 3 pack to be cross faction and just have one ship for each faction in one pack and since it is the Anniversary ship offer it at a special price of $25.00.

Yeah I know, what have I been smoking :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    errab wrote: »
    I would have liked Cryptic to run it like that but sadly this is not going to be the case.

Each Faction is going to get its own 3 pack meaning 3 of the same ships with a different boff and console layout with a unique special console for each faction.

When you look at the way their doing it seems kind of pointless but what they did was create 3 new consoles that will combine with the Deflector, 2nd Deflector, Engines, Warpcore and shields that when used will get 2 4 piece set bonuses on one ship.

I would have liked the new 3 pack to be cross faction and just have one ship for each faction in one pack and since it is the Anniversary ship offer it at a special price of $25.00.

Yeah I know, what have I been smoking :P

I noticed that when I got my Romulan ship version and it had a different thing on it. In comparison with the fed version.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    otowi wrote: »
    Wait wait wait....

Has it been confirmed that it will be 5 k zen, or $50 for each pack?

I have not seen any indication to the pricing as of yet, so I assume you guys are going with the pricing of 3 packs we have seen so far (Odyssey, Vesta and so on).

But here it's 3 packs, one 3 pack per faction.

We have never seen that before to my knowledge, so the pricing might be different. And the dev post did say "bundle" wich could mean pay one price for all the packs, or just as in single pack of 3 ships per faction.

The best thing would be to offer both, a bundle with all the packs for about $75-$100, as it's not unusual to give a discount when buying"bulk", or the normal $50 per pack.

But until we get the official price, we are all really making educated guesses as far as the price goes...

Fair point, don't think I've sen anything official about actual price.

However, it is a very fair assumption.

It's the usual price for a three pack, there are no exceptions so far I'm aware of.

And, quite frankly, I'd be very surprised if Cryptic made it any cheaper than that given their recent surge in monetarising things.

I'd be less surprised to see it more expensive because, yanno, its sooooo groundbreaking.
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I see a lot of players who keep saying a 3-pack, and keep spreading that information between them on the forum, but I do not remember ever seeing a Dev statement saying it was a 3-pack - as a 3-pack would require 9 ships to be made: 3 for each Faction.

Could you point me to this 3-pack statement?

I can point to indirect proof. The ship in the FE is euipped with 3 unique consoles which happen to be a set likes the Odyssey, Vesta, Bortasqu' C-Store ship sets. And teh console abilities have nothing to so with any of the gear or ships they have talked about in the Dev Blogs.
  • iceeaglexiceeaglex Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Do we know how the 3 ships will work?
    As in, the FE ship is SCI-TAC.
    Are the 3 c store ships going to be;

SCI-TAC
    SCI-ENG
    ENG-TAC.

So one of each? Or are these ships meant to be science based, and so;
    SCI-TAC
    SCI-ENG
    SCI-SCI

Or just all SCI-TAC with one different console?
    Cause thats pretty cheap.
  • krendigkrendig Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm glad I read through this thread, and I appreciate the link to BranFlake's clarification that the C-Store (Z-store) will offer three separate bundles. It means considerably less grinding for me.

Let's review:

Solanae Hybrid Technologies:

Deflector/Shield/Engine/Core

4 piece set, not bad as a 3 piece set. Piece #4, the warp/singularity core, can ONLY be gotten through the Anniversary event.

Solanae Advanced Technologies:

Secondary Deflector & Consoles: Protonic Shield Matrix / Shield Inversion Projector / Proton Destabilizer Module

4 piece set, and Secondary Deflector ONLY available via Anniversary event.

All three ships must be purchased to get the three console set.

So really, unless you're willing to grind out the Qmendations, *and* purchase a bundle, you're getting a gimped ship. And unless you're willing to spend $150 in Zen, you're not going to have it "account wide", just "faction wide".

So really, if you want the Really Nifty ship, and all the toys, you have to grind, right now, for each character that might ever want to use a Science Destroyer, at any point during the life of your account.

I can deal with the idea that a Scimitar three pack can't be used by my Federation or Klingon 'toons, but I can't deal with the idea that any characters I create after Feb. 10th will never, ever be able to get a non-gimped version of the Solanae Dyson Science Destroyer.

End result: you guys look like greedy jerks.

Yes, the game is supposed to make money. But you're not supposed to be quite so obvious about it.
  • blessedladyboyblessedladyboy Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    3*3 packs!! That's crazy greed right there. I thought the 3 pack would unlock on all the factions I've grinded for. Daylight robbery. Surely they can't be the full 5k Zen each? Though I am intrigued as to how the 3 ships differ for the same faction? New skin, layouts maybe a whole new ship type? Dyson bop please:)
  • paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    3*3 packs!! That's crazy greed right there. I thought the 3 pack would unlock on all the factions I've grinded for. Daylight robbery. Surely they can't be the full 5k Zen each? Though I am intrigued as to how the 3 ships differ for the same faction? New skin, layouts maybe a whole new ship type? Dyson bop please:)

It was kinda expected, certainly never expected a pack for account wide, at best was hoping for a single variant with a single decent console, oh well.

And the variant is probably skin and a different 10th console slot for each.
  • dri55tdri55t Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I see a lot of players who keep saying a 3-pack, and keep spreading that information between them on the forum, but I do not remember ever seeing a Dev statement saying it was a 3-pack - as a 3-pack would require 9 ships to be made: 3 for each Faction.

Could you point me to this 3-pack statement?

DYSON Strategic Science Destroyer
    DYSON Surveillance Science Destroyer
    DYSON Reconnaissance Science Destroyer

They updated the tool tip on the SINGULARITY STABILIZER universal console from the T'liss light. That means 3 ships for Romulan faction.
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    humm, ok, just realized..

Ok we have 4 piece set bonus now with the warp core, primary deflector, engine and shield. But the secondary deflector is a part of a second 4 piece set bonus made up of the console from each of the ships in each three pack with the secondary dflelector...

humm...Yep, I'll be waiting for the blog on the three packs with baited breath.

while, I would be nice if you didn't have to buy one of three different pack seperatly i got a feeling thats what one will have to do.

We wont know.. it could possibly be that you buy the pack, but the race of the character claiming the pack determines which it is Fed KDF or Rom.

We'll all know for sure when we know..
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
    edited February 2014
    humm, ok, just realized..

Ok we have 4 piece set bonus now with the warp core, primary deflector, engine and shield. But the secondary deflector is a part of a second 4 piece set bonus made up of the console from each of the ships in each three pack with the secondary dflelector...

humm...Yep, I'll be waiting for the blog on the three packs with baited breath.

while, I would be nice if you didn't have to buy one of three different pack seperatly i got a feeling thats what one will have to do.

We wont know.. it could possibly be that you buy the pack, but the race of the character claiming the pack determines which it is Fed KDF or Rom.

We'll all know for sure when we know..

As Branflakes had said elsewhere it was a triple pack for each faction, yep. And we already know what those consoles are. They are on the one you use in the mission
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    the one we use in the mission is the tac version it has 4 tac console slots if you open up the status window of the ship

so the other 2 will have +1 eng console and the other +1 sciance console

the boff layout will proably be the same or having one of the 2 LT spots being universal
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    gpgtx wrote: »
    the one we use in the mission is the tac version it has 4 tac console slots if you open up the status window of the ship

so the other 2 will have +1 eng console and the other +1 sciance console

the boff layout will proably be the same or having one of the 2 LT spots being universal

Im hoping thats the case as im centering my build around that basic concept, but in theory i can do it with just 3 tac consoles. What i am wondering is what the diffferences n power levels will be and thats about it.
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm curious if each of the three ships in a bundle will come with a different Secondary Deflector. The one on the anniversary ships is the Drain/Control one, but Healing and Damage ones have also been mentioned.

If that's the case, it's really going to be difficult for cherry pickers if the Secondary Deflector you want is on a variant that doesn't have the bridge/console layout you're after. It's going to make things rather.. expensive.. for those of us who split our time among all the factions as well.
  • luvsto1701luvsto1701 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hey Devs, I hope there are some slimmer fed variants in the 3pack. Not pleased with the bulkiness on the current version.

I do like the rom and the Klingon versions even though the Klingon ship looks bulky as well.

Please consider suing some of the concept art you showed in a previous dev blog. There were a few in there that even somewhat resembled Kirk's Enterprise that I'd surely shell out $$$ for.
    edited February 2014
    szerontzur wrote: »
    I'm curious if each of the three ships in a bundle will come with a different Secondary Deflector. The one on the anniversary ships is the Drain/Control one, but Healing and Damage ones have also been mentioned.

If that's the case, it's really going to be difficult for cherry pickers if the Secondary Deflector you want is on a variant that doesn't have the bridge/console layout you're after. It's going to make things rather.. expensive.. for those of us who split our time among all the factions as well.

Unfortunately only one secondary deflector for now the one that comes with the FE 9 console.

The cstore ones are going to have a console each making 2 4-piece sets.

More may come later to the Rep stores, Fleet stores and Fleet holdings.

but yes very expensive you might as well by the 3 pack instead of one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    luvsto1701 wrote: »
    Hey Devs, I hope there are some slimmer fed variants in the 3pack. Not pleased with the bulkiness on the current version.

I do like the rom and the Klingon versions even though the Klingon ship looks bulky as well.

Please consider suing some of the concept art you showed in a previous dev blog. There were a few in there that even somewhat resembled Kirk's Enterprise that I'd surely shell out $$$ for.

Y eah the other two versions aka the other faction ones have a sleekness about them, especially the rom one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    Here Devs, can we get #1 #3 or #5?

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/www/fd/51/fd516c32b1fa63b3bef63bda50fa404b1390590593.jpg

Would be nice to have actual costume options.
    edited February 2014
    Devs?

Any word on allowing us to have different costumes for these ships? You still have time before they go live later this month.
    edited February 2014
    Indeed no variants for the secondary deflector with the C-store ships, infact they will have an empty slot that, for now, can only be filled if you also get the anniversary ship
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    luvsto1701 wrote: »
    Devs?

Any word on allowing us to have different costumes for these ships? You still have time before they go live later this month.
    Last work is this.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=14962271&postcount=3
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah I posted that comment and that was the response from jamjamz, although alot of people weren't to clear on his response, I know you can't put any skin/material on the anniversary variant but, from what I read an heard the c-store variants will be able to. I did see on one of the pics in the designing the dyson ships blog that, there were other options of dyson material available so fingers crossed.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I won't start a new thread, but I would like to post a request:

Can we please be given an option to replace the Proton DHC on the C-Store versions of Dyson Science Destroyers?

As much as those ships seem fun with their new mechanic, I personally think the "fused" Proton DHC in Tactical Mode restricts potential build options WAY too much...

As it is, players sacrifice sensor analysis, subsystem targeting and the secondary deflector mainly for some maneuverability and a weapon that isn't typical for science vessels and deals Proton damage (which is very difficult to buff to a reasonable degree). The base damage output for this DHC is LOWER than an average Dual Beam Bank buffed by tac consoles... For captains who want to spec more into tactical/destroyer mode this is essentially a drawback. And even if one tries to equip any consoles and set bonuses that buff Proton damage then they're most probably going to end up with reduced potential for other stats and weapons.

My suggestion is - restrict the Proton DHC so it can be used only on Dyson Science Destroyers (much like Vesta's Aux DHC) but allow us to replace it with another weapon that would activate only in Tactical mode.

I can see many potential fun builds with weapons other than Proton DHC. Should it remain "fused" though, then I don't think I'll be investing in more than just one C-Store variant.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • priestofsin420priestofsin420 Member Posts: 419
    edited February 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    I won't start a new thread, but I would like to post a request:

Can we please be given an option to replace the Proton DHC on the C-Store versions of Dyson Science Destroyers?

As much as those ships seem fun with their new mechanic, I personally think the "fused" Proton DHC in Tactical Mode restricts potential build options WAY too much...

As it is, players sacrifice sensor analysis, subsystem targeting and the secondary deflector mainly for some maneuverability and a weapon that isn't typical for science vessels and deals Proton damage (which is very difficult to buff to a reasonable degree). The base damage output for this DHC is LOWER than an average Dual Beam Bank buffed by tac consoles... For captains who want to spec more into tactical/destroyer mode this is essentially a drawback. And even if one tries to equip any consoles and set bonuses that buff Proton damage then they're most probably going to end up with reduced potential for other stats and weapons.

My suggestion is - restrict the Proton DHC so it can be used only on Dyson Science Destroyers (much like Vesta's Aux DHC) but allow us to replace it with another weapon that would activate only in Tactical mode.

I can see many potential fun builds with weapons other than Proton DHC. Should it remain "fused" though, then I don't think I'll be investing in more than just one C-Store variant.

I'm requesting the opposite... I'd like to see MORE proton weapons, so that it'd be possible to run a full proton set on the Science Destroyer. Release a Dyson shuttle that comes with an omni-directional proton weapon plox :D
    Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
    Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
    Patiently waiting for a Romulan Science Vessel
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm requesting the opposite... I'd like to see MORE proton weapons, so that it'd be possible to run a full proton set on the Science Destroyer. Release a Dyson shuttle that comes with an omni-directional proton weapon plox :D
    This could work too. As I've said, for a ship with essentially 7 weapon slots there are only two purely Proton weapons available in the game. Aside from that there are only console and set bonus abilities that deal proton damage, but I still don't think they're worth buffing with tactical consoles.

Having an omni-directional proton beam array or at least a proton dual beam bank would be a good start, especially for a science ship. As it is thogh, I think the ships are kind of underwhelming, and the tactical mode is essentially worthless, as you're giving up all the science benefits for an inferior dual cannon and some maneuverability.

For science captains this is a handicap, in my opinion, as I doubt many will utilize dual cannon skills on their science mode, while the activation of tactical mode disables all the science benefits (secondary deflector, sensor analysis, subsystem targeting)

For tactical focused captains the ship will never be as efficient as any other escort or destroyer. Sure, the access to cmdr. sci can be useful at times, but for your base damage output the proton DHC will just be a waste. It's like running a disruptor escort and then putting one phaser weapon on it for whatever reason.

Another reasonable option to address this issue would be equipping the C-Store variants with different proton weapons each. For example, a tactical variant could come equipped with a Proton DBB, an engineering variant could come equipped with a Proton Beam Array, while a science variant could have a Proton Turret. All of which could only be used on Dyson Science Destroyers, much like Vesta's Aux DHC. The only problem would be finding proper/useful tactical consoles to buff the Proton damage output, but at least it would be a start.

Seriously, as it is the only reasonable build I can think of is treating the ship like an average science ship, with an added benefit of accessible cmdr. tac ability. So I'll most probably end up activating tactical mode only to buff myself with APO3 and then quickly go back to science mode.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Maybe you if you buy a 3-pack, each faction account wide claims their own ship?

Well, we can always dream right.
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited February 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    /snip
    Another reasonable option to address this issue would be equipping the C-Store variants with different proton weapons each. For example, a tactical variant could come equipped with a Proton DBB, an engineering variant could come equipped with a Proton Beam Array, while a science variant could have a Proton Turret. All of which could only be used on Dyson Science Destroyers, much like Vesta's Aux DHC. The only problem would be finding proper/useful tactical consoles to buff the Proton damage output, but at least it would be a start.

Proton DBB, Proton Beam Array, Proton Turret, Omin-Directional proton beam array.

since you can reclaim equipment from c-store ships via discharging and reclaiming this would add value to the c-store variants (which btw are going to be the Strategic, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance varients according to the in game consoles tooltips like the Vesta variants most likely)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]