test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

server down v3 1/30/14 [Resolved!]

Comments

• majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    More bottle-necking huh? You'd think they would have improved their servers now. I dread playing when new content is released, it's a fight against lag and crashes and not a very enjoyable one either.

How about instead of doing another content season you do a bug and server improved season that improves the servers so they have more bandwidth, squash the bugs that are still currently in game and improve the rendering system so players don't have to load as much. Doing all that and you'll no doubt get a huge approval rating from us the players. ;)
    cassiann wrote: »
    Hey here is a solution for Cryptic to avoid making people mad at them for these Server crashes.

After they add new content to the game just keep it down for 24-48 hrs to work out all the bugs. Seeing as how they can never keep the servers up longer then they are down for that period of time anyway.

Oh that is golden. :D
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • devilkiller98devilkiller98 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Give it time, the servers will be online shortly. Whining and complaining is going to get us nowhere....
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Right now, Captain, my time is running out. We leave so many things unfinished in our lives... I know you understand.

Legendary Final 5 Elite Fleet Leader
    http://final-five.guildlaunch.com/
  • slimswitch1slimswitch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Subscription Cancelled good job Cyptic look what you made me do :mad::mad::mad:
  • neppakyoneppakyo Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    EDIT: NVM, forums are going wonky for me.
    Quote about STO on consoles: "Not quite as bad as No man's sky, but a close second."
  • projectblackraiprojectblackrai Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    But, it was, wasn't it?

It's always the Iconians...
  • sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    riddlins wrote: »
    I had enough with this game today... Server down again, I couldn't grind any of my stuff including Dilithium, fleet marks and do the daily today for the special..

Have you guys thought about extending the Tuvok mission? cause today is a "waste" day that we could not even log on and claim reward (Q-mendations)...

This is how they make sure everybody doesn't get the new ship, later they will put it in the C-store so they can make money off it.
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • klintobean81klintobean81 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Tuvok felt so guilty for being responsible for what happened that he went off his rocker.
  • wildboarwildboar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    truewarper wrote: »
    *reaching for the airlock release*

elitest self-entitled RPer
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Let's say it IS a network issue. Can they (CRYPTIC) on their end, prevent anyone from signing on while they try to work out the issue and in doing so, possibly...POSSIBLY give you the result you are getting that indicates all is fine? I mean, if they aren't being flooded with people signing on, wouldn't it appear okay?
    That's not their MO. If they intentionally shutter logins, as they have in the past, you'll get an explicitly visible message in the client indicating that they have done this.

The specific mode of failure we're observing is immediately visible at the exact moment of disconnection, before anyone at Cryptic could even be aware of what has happened. It is not a manually undertaken response. It does not match the failure profile for an intentional deactivation, or any claimed "network failure".

When this happens, the game servers (account servers are fine), all immediately cease to accept connection, explicitly refusing them. The physical servers themselves haven't even failed, they're still there. The game simply crashes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well... This has really brought my day of STO to a grinding halt (pun intended). All 3 times I have had the opportunity to play the server has been down... Maybe tomorrow, but with another patch coming I am not counting on it.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sniper1187 wrote: »
    This is how they make sure everybody doesn't get the new ship, later they will put it in the C-store so they can make money off it.

In other news Tinfoil has has gone up in price
    GwaoHAD.png
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I blame fire at will....I bet it was finally fixed, therefore it broke the servers
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    phelanpk wrote: »
    Hate to **** in your corn flakes dude, but this is like saying you can ping my modem and tell me that my computer is or isn't turned on.

If you're going to talk ****, know what you're talking about.

Actually, he *does* know what he's talling about. You clearly do not.

And yes, your Windoze has many, many open ports per default (for all those nasty RPC's that just keep getting exploited). Unless you specifically firewall your traffic (preferably at router level itself to begin with), checking whether your computer is turned on or off would be a trivial exercise.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Subscription Cancelled good job Cyptic look what you made me do :mad::mad::mad:

Bye! Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
  • swat842#6435 swat842 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    neppakyo wrote: »
    VERY interesting. My post seems to have "disappeared"

I was asking if its a network issue, why is tribble fine....

Because the Holo Dock is the main server the Tribble is a test server that is why the Tribble server is fine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    No, the best part of any event for me are the server crashes. Nothing is more entertaining for me than watching all the immature children throw hissy-fits while others bait them as they wait for the server to come back up.

You are helping to make this the best STO anniversary to date. :D

That makes no sense and nobody will take you seriously if this thread ends this way, sorry
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What does it say about me that reading some of the more ludicrous (subjective, I know) ravings in this thread actually lowers my blood pressure?

You're depriving my cardiologist of a new boat, darnit!

because misery loves company and you see how we all share your pain.:(
  • kemra1kemra1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains. We're still working on bringing STO back up. Once we have an ETA to provide I'll be sure to post it here. Thanks for the continued support!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Nooo! Need to get them back up Bran! Had the day planned for 8.5 and so far today I've been unable to play so I've washed my car, the neighbours car, fixed a broken Wii, tacked up some garden plastic on the fence, watered the gardens, done some shopping and a few other bits and pieces..

You know.. real life stuff *shudders*, as has been said before the graphics are awesome but the gameplay sucks :(

Btw on a serious note I got to complete the quest, lots of fun and looking forward to getting the new ship :)
    edited January 2014
    It's always funny to see people with blue names try to push others around... self entitlement to the fullest
  • ondolindeondolinde Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    3rd patch of the 24 hour period at 83% complete.

What was it I'm supposed to do after it completes?

I forget...
  • discordwhoovediscordwhoove Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    swat842012 wrote: »
    Because the Holo Dock is the main server the Tribble is a test server that is why the Tribble server is fine

or is it :3
    Janeway: "Commander, set a new course. There's coffee in that nebula."
    princess_luna__animated_signature__by_c3fear-d4xcdac.gif
  • nerneznernez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've really never had so many problems with a game. They lost my account info (I had preordered the game at Gamestop) and after verifying the account they said that they couldn't find anything but my merged PWE account. After that I had a bug that crashed the game whenever I tried to login, took me about four hours to finally find a fix, then I get on today after eating and play for about 30 minutes and the game crashes. Oh well it could be worse, I could've actually paid for the game and then had them essentially lose the information and then tell me that wont give me my account status back because I can't give them my old game code or credit card info from four years ago... oh wait they did that too.

Yes folks, I answered nine of twelve verification questions only to have them deny me because I couldn't give them info about a credit card I haven't had in four years.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    Only 55 pages so far? For shame!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    I blame fire at will....I bet it was finally fixed, therefore it broke the servers

It's somehow turned into Fail At Will. And it's critting all over the place! :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    P.S. I'm not saying it was Iconians. But it was Iconians.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Fix'd that for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wildboar wrote: »
    elitest self-entitled RPer

Elite roleplayer....Does not believe in a no win scenario?
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    trizeo1 wrote: »
    Hey Bran,

I was playing the new mission and didn't get a chance to finish it but it wasn't due to the server just had to leave promptly.

I got to the space walk part and all i could see was black........ only seeing the structures as black outlined by orange. Is this one of the problems that are being experienced?

I tried adjusted my video settings but nothing.

I acutally finished it and as soon as I entered the other side it was normal again...

Hopefully you can answer or help me with what I need to do - thanks.

graphics issues have been popping up like this many times for me, once every 15min or so, i doint know why i put up with it
    nerf.jpg]
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    only 55 Pages So Far? For Shame!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I see what you did there
    GwaoHAD.png
  • neppakyoneppakyo Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wildboar wrote: »
    I love that you all think it is cryptics fault you have bad internet and computers

Asking why tribble is working if the problem is network related is saying its cryptic's fault?

Do you have a reading comprehension failure within the dim recess of your brain?
    Quote about STO on consoles: "Not quite as bad as No man's sky, but a close second."
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Only 55 pages so far? For shame!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I could post useless stuff for you LOL:D
This discussion has been closed.