test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Down v2 (01/30/2014) *Resolved!*

Comments

• mli777mli777 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think the servers really need some upgrading, and hopefully make the system able to cope with the users online.
    USS Canada
    N.C.C. 171867
    Sovereign Class
    Saint John Fleet Yard
    "A Mari Usque Ad Mare"
  • pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Shaka, when the walls fell, were partially rebuilt, and collapsed once again
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Forums broke for a while there too.
    This is crazy!
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    M-5 is making a resurgence. Quick--bring in the fleet!

Well like I told Brandon I WAS going to log in and at least play the FE lol... guess I'll enjoy reading the forums for the time being :)

As for why the forums were borked it was just being overloaded and hammered to the center of the galaxy and back. Hopefully they won't go splat otherwise I have to do this weird thing called work as I won't have an excuse at that point :(
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm gonna set the "connecting to login server" as wallpaper, just to feel comfortable.
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited January 2014
    Next Season make even more fuss about the game and advertise, only to drive scores of people away the very first time they try to get into the game. XD
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    me too, third time, good time i suppose

Im getting good at the console puzzle. Oh wait i got the accolade for doing it right the very first time.

With 12 seconds left on the clock to boot.

I just wanna get through it, the last restart I had to totally start over :(
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,457 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    At least i got the 2nd variant EV suit without a complete replay. Next run i can probably find out if there is a 3rd variant.

Wouldn't mind finishing the FE though instead of getting DC mid-mission.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains,

We're working on this. Please stand by.

(Also, apologies for the delay -- the forums are loading slow due to everyone trying to post here at the same time)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

heard it all before :P , and at one stage you said things were being put in place that problems would/should not happen with big launches ever again :rolleyes: . what changed ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I like this downtime fun in the forum :D

I know right? You get to watch all these people act like the whole world is coming to an end over a video game. It's almost as epic as that youtube video of the kid having an EPIC mental breakdown because his parents deleted his WoW Account.
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
    edited January 2014
    They should rename Tour The Universe to Need For Energy Credits. Seriously though, I don't really care about it that much.
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The servers are still built on the latest Yo-Yo technology.

This technology is designed to be environmentally friendly by allowing energy conservation by implementing a duty cycle. While in power saving mode servers are shut off to allow for near 100% power saving. This reduction in power costs allow for reinvestment into new tribble breeding techniques.
  • jediphoenixjediphoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is what happens when you use pakled technology for the servers. You get garbage. A power supply from a 2003 Dell, A motherboard from an old 386, and ram from a new machine....

We have technology. We are strong.
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2014
    Wow server got nerfed again?

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
    edited January 2014
    I know right? You get to watch all these people act like the whole world is coming to an end over a video game. It's almost as epic as that youtube video of the kid having an EPIC mental breakdown because his parents deleted his WoW Account.

No kidding. lol
  • elric071elric071 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have to agree....I kind of expected the first crash...always happens with a new update. The second one 10 mins after the game came back up, c'mon! I would love to be able to play that new FE...

Hopefully I'll have a chance before it is too late here on the east coast of the US....

Time for dinner, I guess...
    Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Co-Founder of TOS Veterans and TOS Qan Mang
  • heizlueftaheizluefta Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    maybe servers are viraled ? need an eng team -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I tried to make this post about 20 minutes ago. It took till now to access the forums again.

Timed out with the forum post after about 6 seconds with: An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #97.45100217.1391119909.aca410b

(But that was 20 minutes ago!)

I think you guys and gals need more than 1 server, which obviously cannot handle the load. This happens yearly. It's only 9:30am in Aus and I don't expect to be able to play today...just like last year. I'm guessing it won't be stable enough to play until day 3 or so , which is, again, just like last year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ocp001ocp001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Perhaps Cryptic should make a new Server Crash Tribble. But knowing System's "attention" to detail this item would probably work as intended.

Honestly, don't you guys ever get tired of looking so incompetent?
  • sin99sin99 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    At least i got the 2nd variant EV suit without a complete replay. Next run i can probably find out if there is a 3rd variant.

Wouldn't mind finishing the FE though instead of getting DC mid-mission.

there is 3 for sure that i know of
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is what happens when you use pakled technology for the servers. You get garbage. A power supply from a 2003 Dell, A motherboard from an old 386, and ram from a new machine....

We have technology. We are strong.

See, that's why you never trust a Ferengi when he says he has a good deal.
  • thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Well like I told Brandon I WAS going to log in and at least play the FE lol... guess I'll enjoy reading the forums for the time being :)

As for why the forums were borked it was just being overloaded and hammered to the center of the galaxy and back. Hopefully they won't go splat otherwise I have to do this weird thing called work as I won't have an excuse at that point :(

lol, damn the work huh? Well, I'm just happy I managed to get a run at the F.E. before the first crash. It died on me in the middle of my first re-run of it to get another part of the Solinae set.
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
    edited January 2014
    bpharma wrote: »

Yeah, why haven't they nerfed Tuvok yet? He's too much awesomeness for the servers.
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is why you spec into subsystem repair.

I feel like at this point, we should at least be treated to a cute little screen of 2 targs having a tug of war with some frayed cables pulled out of a smoking server box, while Scotty stands over them facepalm-ing and elevator music in the background, with a caption that reads "Technical difficulties-- We're giving her all she's got, captain!'
  • nithanathnithanath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bpharma wrote: »

Working servers are OP, please nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Shaka, when the walls fell, were partially rebuilt, and collapsed once again

I think the walls fell ON shaka....

That's it, you broke my patience. **** this anniversary ****. You give us a "free ship" that we have to ****ing grind, and we can't even do that. **** this.

While i would of been more diplomatic when i said it, i must agree with this guy.

How about a free anni ship to say youre sorry???

ya ya?

.....didnt think so.....
  • azerdracoazerdraco Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Please post a link to the video ... we need some hilarity.
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The servers that Cryptic uses are more than 20 years old. Why do you think they keep crashing? lols
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The server is becoming self aware.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Reg Barclay did it again. He broke something. Except this time...it was the entire Star Trek Universe!!!!! lol:D

What are some other hilarious theories?
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
This discussion has been closed.