test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Outage (1/30/14) *Resolved!*

Comments

• amalefactoramalefactor Member Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bpharma wrote: »
    Oddly enough no, not everyone has the same *must be nice* acquired tastes that you do.

Just as a joke calling someone another word for slow (beginning with an R) isn't very funny to someone who has family members with mental handicaps.

The only thing that seems to offend edgy internet people is to call them out on it. Then it turns into "can't you take a joke" or "it's just a game" or other backpedaling.
  • judeconnorsjudeconnors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Im new to STO, just downloaded it install/patch. Finally think im gunna get to play it and to my horror, servers are down. :eek:

Welcome to the game! Be sure to add me as a friend IF we ever get back online!
  • ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hotround wrote: »
    are yall talking about the same thing because in suppor section of the fourms people (and me)
    are getting mad becaause there launcher is not working it load up untill the romuan sreecn and then it does not respond. i verified and ran it on safe mode reinsalled backup restart the computer and it still not working. i need that destroyer. im getting pretty pissed because i have this day of a school and my entire stupid city is shut down because of 1 inch of snow(atlatna) and i ccant even play star trek come on now

Two igloo eating aliens upset due to the lack of penguin farts have removed the severs until we become one with the holy pot noodle.
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • tervoren587tervoren587 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bet they put a big Q on the server :D
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    STO - Into Darkness.

LOL! That one's funny.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cryptic!

We demand you fix your free game. And we demand you fix it NAO! :confused:
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We're working on bringing STO back up. Our current ETA is 70 minutes. I'll either post again once we're back up, or if ETA changes. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Tell me you're joking... *facedesks*

Let's recap:

1. Gate anniversary ships behind a 15 day grind. Check.

2. Make anniversary ships not only take 15 days to unlock, but also require purchase of 50-150 USD worth of C-Store items to reach optimum efficiency. Check.

3. Fail to secure the server against an unexpected crash, taking 2 hours to restart - and quite possibly robbing some non-American players of a day's worth of Qmendations. Check.

4. Close the game down. At least that one didn't come to pass. Yet. :P
    SEVENTY MINUTES!!!

Thats like 2.1 CENTS

GIMME MY MONEY, WHERES MY MONEY, I WANT MY MONEY MAN

YEAH MAN THATS WHAT HAPPENS, THATS WHAT HAPPENS MAN. HOW MUCH YOU PAY FOR THAT FAKE MOUSTACHE

:rolleyes:

I was going to respond to that, but my response has somewhat indirectly been made in my response to Brandon's ETA.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • aweinawein Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Im new to STO, just downloaded it install/patch. Finally think im gunna get to play it and to my horror, servers are down. :eek:

Welcome! its patch day.. this is standard :P if you get to play within the next 2-3 days before they get the servers stable again then consider yourself lucky.
  • captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    askray wrote: »
    We're working on it. It took a bit to get through 50 pages (and yes, I'm sure some got missed).

Guys/Gals/other species remember that spamming is NOT allowed. And that while yes, in downtime threads discussions about star trek and such are FINEish, random posts (especially pages from wikipedia...), a full post of 1-3 words are not fine and are considered spam.

Also, QUOTING said spam can lead to warnings and infractions on yourself as well. I'm sitting monitoring this thread as best as I can in between working and so is others :) We will catch it and deal with it as quickly as possible.

Nice work Askray:)
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
  • twelveparsecstwelveparsecs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great kid, don't get penisy!
  • nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hotround wrote: »
    are yall talking about the same thing because in suppor section of the fourms people (and me)
    are getting mad becaause there launcher is not working it load up untill the romuan sreecn and then it does not respond. i verified and ran it on safe mode reinsalled backup restart the computer and it still not working. i need that destroyer. im getting pretty pissed because i have this day of a school and my entire stupid city is shut down because of 1 inch of snow(atlatna) and i ccant even play star trek come on now

OMG. School is where you *should* be, based on that post. :eek:
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    to be honest i kinda expected a hiccup or 2 . in gaming it happens .
    motivatorf09d01f04fd823511a2481b43d33b14de6852ad5.jpg
  • judeconnorsjudeconnors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sin99 wrote: »
    Thank You............

Q.Q

Report.

Ban.

Move On.

Isnt that the typical answer to trolls, Paul?
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Finally, the community mods have stepped in and stopped the trolls. HOORAY!!!
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
    edited January 2014
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Tell me you're joking... *facedesks*

Let's recap:

1. Gate anniversary ships behind a 15 day grind. Check.

2. Make anniversary ships not only take 15 days to unlock, but also require purchase of 50-150 USD worth of C-Store items to reach optimum efficiency. Check.

3. Fail to secure the server against an unexpected crash, taking 2 hours to restart - and quite possibly robbing some non-American players of a day's worth of Qmendations. Check.

4. Close the game down. At least that one didn't come to pass. Yet. :P

:rolleyes:

I was going to respond to that, but my response has somewhat indirectly been made in my response to Brandon's ETA.

But what if they offer us free pie?
  • whyomewhyome Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    WoW 71 + pages that's not good PWE you really need to lock this down and anything to do with this & pls get the server back up Q needs his love as well.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wait wait wait.

Has this thread REALLY devolved into "racism" on Family guy?

Good god what is this world coming to when a hilarious stereotypical parody character gets lambasted with ZOMERGDZ DATS RACIS responses

Way too PC tbh, and I dont care if youre offended, in fact anyone that uptight SHOULD be offended that their gang warfare mass labeling of something not hurting anyone is being called out/challenged.

I know a couple of you doing it are my friends/associates in game, but damn man. Hypersensitivity is a huge peeve of mine.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    awein wrote: »
    Welcome! its patch day.. this is standard :P if you get to play within the next 2-3 days before they get the servers stable again then consider yourself lucky.

Look on the bright side: it's not like I'm missing out on Bonus Hour or something. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited January 2014
    I agree more pie needed.
  • azerdracoazerdraco Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Cryptic - your downtime is preventing me from getting free stuff!!!

I demand compensation - I DESERVE free stuff because you delayed my acquisition of free stuff!

Spoken like a True Ferengi
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dalolorn wrote: »

3. Fail to secure the server against an unexpected crash, taking 2 hours to restart - and quite possibly robbing some non-American players of a day's worth of Qmendations.

As the patching/maintenance today was over 80-odd minutes early, it could be argued that it is in fact less than an hour of downtime.
  • alphadarkwolf666alphadarkwolf666 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ok Cryptic, one big WTF?!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Destroy the enemy, just save some for me!
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wait wait wait.

Good god what is this world coming to when a hilarious stereotypical parody character gets lambasted with ZOMERGDZ DATS RACIS responses

Way too PC tbh, and I dont care if youre offended, in fact anyone that uptight SHOULD be offended that their gang warfare mass labeling of something not hurting anyone is being called out/challenged.

I know a couple of you doing it are my friends/associates in game, but damn man. Hypersensitivity is a huge peeve of mine.

Hypersensitivity to anything race related is why race never gets discussed in our schools or businesses....
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • sin99sin99 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wait wait wait.

it is rather pathetic isn't it?
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ivannanuke wrote: »
    I agree more pie needed.

Pie Breen approves this message.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • droopusdroopus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hmmmmm...
    This is interesting...
    Happy 4 years everyone!
  • darkdazmaddarkdazmad Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Cryptic - your downtime is preventing me from getting free stuff!!!

I demand compensation - I DESERVE free stuff because you delayed my acquisition of free stuff!

i agree
    with this much crashing o the server i think everyone should get free stuff to say sorry and also lots of free zen
    stosigra_zpsxpcew08i.png

Also note it says under my name i am a Champions Online User, i play Star Trek Online and have no idea how to change that lol
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wait wait wait.

STO forums = anything is possible, and not in a good way. :(
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I can only surmise that the people who are shocked by this were not around for any of the previous patch/expansions. :rolleyes:
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • scruffiscruffi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Server Up, Go Go!
This discussion has been closed.