test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Outage (1/30/14) *Resolved!*

Comments

• fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Love how they keep censoring the posts...
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2014
    The irony is that these long wiki posts while may be spam are more intellectually stimulating than 99% of what is posted on the forums.

Also where's my compensation of 1,000,000 dilithium, 1 billion credits and 78391 fleet marks!?!?one!

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I disagree.

Khan in the original was just a psycho that had a chip on his shoulder and blindly took every attempt to try and kill Kirk

Khan in Into Darkness was a conniving TRIBBLE and a killing machine that stabbed everyone that wasn't his crew members in the back to get what he wanted, and just went after Kirk because he was always in the way.

I liked the super-smart, super-human Khan a lot more than the crazy planet hobo Khan.

I haven't seen into Darkness, but in Wrath Khan's defense, he had been marooned on a planet for fifteen years watched all his family and friends including his wife die out on him with only a few books with strong revenge themes there to help his mind stay intact. It failed. I would think though considering he came to rule a third of the globe, that Warth's Khan WAS Into Darkness' Khan before he lost his mind.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    At the end of all this Brandon will probably and quite rightly delete this entire thread

Let's hope. :eek:
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • azerdracoazerdraco Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    If i'd been drinking coffee, i'd have just sprayed it all over my monitor.

I should've known that the maintainance being 30 minutes ahead of schedule was a bad omen.

Monitors drink coffee by proxy?
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    If so OP Yoda is, how come proper English speak he can not? :)

Well played, i lold.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • benjamin123322benjamin123322 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It could well be that the game has been attacked by those who have delusions of being hackers - a DDOS whatever. (Which is to hacking as a butcher is to brain surgery).
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No amount of testing can prepare a server for the mass onslaught a big event draws.....

If you get this upset over a game, you need to take a break.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • fatikanfatikan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Mhe... it's not worst than the other mmorpgs out there...

hell even blizzard after so many years of experience handling THE biggest mmo out there still blows the server at every exepension pack for like 48 hours lol
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    If so OP Yoda is, how come proper English speak he can not? :)

Speak proper German he does.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    70 mins...

That's to late for me here in Scandinavia...

Got Qmendations on 1 char, was about to beam down to SFA with another, and boom server down...

Just hope they fix the blackout bug in the space walk part of the new FE during the DT...

Will just have to wait till tomorrow to play more, wich make me a sad panda...
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes, add a spam report please + ignore.

Too many whiny children need to take out their infantile rage by spamming the forums.

No kidding. Also, I know I'm guilty of this too, but everyone stop quoting spam posts. It just adds more spam.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Dev: "Did you unplug this?"

Consuela from Family Guy: "Noooooo. Was unplugged when I got here."
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • rogerishrogerish Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    suplex20 wrote: »
    I eat 50 ****ing pages of full ****** text, just to find out I got to play 3 minutes and wait 30 more to find out I get to wait 70 more. Add report spam option or ima eject my warp core over your building

As long as you do it with style :cool:
    azerdraco wrote: »
    We Are The Troll
    Logic Is Irrelevant
    Topic Is Irrelevant
    Sanity Is Irrelevant
    You Will Be TRIBBLE Imilated
    Your Distinctiveness Will Be Used To Amuse Us
  • darkdazmaddarkdazmad Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    benjamin123322

please stop filling and making users page very long, make a text file, post it somewere and then link here
    stosigra_zpsxpcew08i.png

Also note it says under my name i am a Champions Online User, i play Star Trek Online and have no idea how to change that lol
  • benjamin123322benjamin123322 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Anyway, as fun as this has been, ive got an hour to kill, its time to be based polandball in a game of Civ 5 and try to POLAND CAN INTO SPACE.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i hope some get hit with a perma banned
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Dev: "Did you unplug this?"

Consuela: "Noooooo. Was unplug when I got here."

Ah, racism. Classy.
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vorga113vorga113 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    What happened? Mass influx of players, combined with incomplete update?

Eagerly awaiting the fix. I was literally in the middle of the new FE when the servers went down.

Like there's ever going to an explaination or even a simple apology because Cryptic just do that.
    Elton John was on the money 'Sorry' really is the hardest word.
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I blame global warming and the lack of water in California with the death of the servers. :D
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • sinusiridumsinusiridum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    otowi wrote: »
    70 mins...

That's to late for me here in Scandinavia...

Got Qmendations on 1 char, was about to beam down to SFA with another, and boom server down...

Just hope they fix the blackout bug furind the space walk part of the new FE during the DT...

Will just have to wait till tomorrow to play more, wich make me a sad panda...

At least you got some Qmendations on 1 char...
    ###################
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    deightonx wrote: »
    hopefully if it this becomes more often during this event issues like this, they will extend the event abit.... :cool:

Yeah, the same way the extended the third day of the anniversary give away because they replaced 4 hours for the season 8.5 update, that by the way, crashed the server.

But what i dont understand , y so many posts? didnt you all know this was going to happen?? its impossible, in this universe that cryptic launches an update and everything works as intended. I mean, in another reality that could happen, but not in this one.. lol. U cant update anything without proper tests, that is an universal rule that cryptic seem to not be aware off. And, of course , by now, the servers should not be a problem, for god sake, with all the money cryptic have, they could just update the servers. But i dont think the problem is a server over-load. It will be just stupid for a 4 years old game like STO.

Its like those spammers that fills the forum,, for example (he must be stupid or just 5 years old) they should be banned by now. But cryptic doesnt pay atention either to forum moderation.
  • vahdovahdo Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Worked fine for me? so why bring it down? let the peasants with low specced machines upgrade to the master race of pure awesomeness.

Also I request a godzilla for ground battlezone.
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    i hope some get hit with a perma banned

In game too.
  • azerdracoazerdraco Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • darkdazmaddarkdazmad Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    fuddle sticks were is the "report post " button gone
    stosigra_zpsxpcew08i.png

Also note it says under my name i am a Champions Online User, i play Star Trek Online and have no idea how to change that lol
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I honestly believe that the devs did this intentional so they can have an excuse to give us the ship for free without grinding.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
This discussion has been closed.