What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Outage (1/30/14) *Resolved!*

Comments

• Options
    diabolicaltroopdiabolicaltroop Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is pretty much typical of the major updates where their under powered servers die a horrible twisting death. This being due to everyone including those who have bailed on the game to come back just long enough to check out the new content and grab a few freebies.
    Invest in more memory and band width cryptic it will save you this heart ache every time you do a new season!
    KDF Ancient House of Seplch
    Dahar Master "Epitai" Kelrok son of Pok Seplch House Leader Tactical
    General Babd Grace O'Malley House Seplch Science Officer
    Fleet Admiral Quintus Savat House Seplch Tactical Officer
  • Options
    amalefactoramalefactor Member Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    vagius wrote: »
    that makes it less racist somehow?

To some people, if it's referential or "ironic" it's perfectly all right.

#edgy
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It makes it less racist because it was never an implication that any or all Hispanics act that way and that these issues are unique to the character in question...
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Branflakes wake up. You have work to do, like banning all these idiots spamming huge walls of text from Wikipedia and other non-STO related TRIBBLE.

As for the sever... who bribed that hamster again with a bag of Cheetos to get off duty?!?
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    otowi wrote: »
    Just hope they fix the blackout bug...

"Zathras likes insects. Not so good for conversation, but much protein for diet. Ha! Zathras fix now, this way."
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    taloslepaltaloslepal Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wuh wuh wuh weed
  • Options
    ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Do you all bacon your bacon with bacon?
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • Options
    sin99sin99 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    vagius wrote: »
    that makes it less racist somehow?

oh good lord get over it
  • Options
    darkdazmaddarkdazmad Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    benjamin123322,

please stop spamming and get a life

its really aannoying
    stosigra_zpsxpcew08i.png

Also note it says under my name i am a Champions Online User, i play Star Trek Online and have no idea how to change that lol
  • Options
    inkrunnerinkrunner Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Time to see what the good community of STO knows about this server failure.

*Reads Thread*

...WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    I honestly believe that the devs did this intentional so they can have an excuse to give us the ship for free without grinding.

Please don't do that to my hopes and feelings. That was cruel.
    2iBFtmg.png
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So much for Season 8.5 and Gold status. :(

Still hoping for a stable server launch one of these days.
  • Options
    ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Normally I don't care, but this time you have linked a reward (Dyson sci destroyers) to a limited time participation event - and I don't have time to sit around not playing reading TRIBBLE on the forums!
    1) If the game was down for an extended period of time and the event reward became impossible to obtain on the current schedule, do you really think they wouldn't extend the deadline?

2) STO's staff is notorious for giving abnormally long periods of time to earn these limited-time rewards. Assuming this one follows the trend as the winter/summer event ships, you'll be able to safely miss several days and still get it easily.

Calm down. :)
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It makes it less racist because it was never an implication that any or all Hispanics act that way and that these issues are unique to the character in question...

Ah, so the Consuela from Family Guy is not an ethnic stereotype?
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    headwound68headwound68 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wow!!!! 62 pages of post is less than 1 hour...... Get a JOB! Earn a LIVING and put momma's credit card back in her purse before she wakes up. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    whyomewhyome Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Perma BANN the spammers and pls fix the servers i want to chase little Q's
  • Options
    drtassadardrtassadar Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Why did the game crash?

Cryptic was celebrating the successful release of 8.5 when some idiot spilled cheap wine on the server.
    "That was not Mozart laughing, Father... that was God. That was God laughing at me, through that... through that obscene giggle."
  • Options
    azerdracoazerdraco Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    You mean like rubbish Gorn jokes?

That's the problem here though really, isn't it - the sort of people who normally hang around ESD laughing at their own jokes have, sadly, migrated to the forum whilst the game is offline.

Bad bugs, Bad bugs.
    Whatcha Gorn do?
    Whatcha Gorn do when the dev splats you?
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    Branflakes or someone please do something about the constant page spamming

We're working on it. It took a bit to get through 50 pages (and yes, I'm sure some got missed).

Guys/Gals/other species remember that spamming is NOT allowed. And that while yes, in downtime threads discussions about star trek and such are FINEish, random posts (especially pages from wikipedia...), a full post of 1-3 words are not fine and are considered spam.

Also, QUOTING said spam can lead to warnings and infractions on yourself as well. I'm sitting monitoring this thread as best as I can in between working and so is others :) We will catch it and deal with it as quickly as possible.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    dichtbringerdichtbringer Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Branflakes wake up. You have work to do, like banning all these idiots spamming huge walls of text from Wikipedia and other non-STO related TRIBBLE.

As for the sever... who bribed that hamster again with a bag of Cheetos to get off duty?!?

I'd rather he banned people who call other people names for no good reason at all.
    STO Voice Control Tutorial Video: WATCH
    ELITE STF SPEED RECORDS (time on optional remaining):
    S07: KASE: 12:54 | CSE: 13:20 | ISE: 12:38 All held personally, my POV
    LOR: KASE: 13:19 | CSE: 13:47 | ISE: 13:34 None held personally, other player's POV
    S08: coming soon
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    phadren wrote: »
    how do you put ppl on ignore in the forums cant find it?

Please let me know if you get an answer on this. :mad:
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2014
    What, I thought everyone watched Family Guy.

Oddly enough no, not everyone has the same *must be nice* acquired tastes that you do.

Just as a joke calling someone another word for slow (beginning with an R) isn't very funny to someone who has family members with mental handicaps.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • Options
    captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    You mean like rubbish Gorn jokes?

That's the problem here though really, isn't it - the sort of people who normally hang around ESD laughing at their own jokes have, sadly, migrated to the forum whilst the game is offline.

^This is all too familiar to the majority of true Endgame players
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
  • Options
    sin99sin99 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    askray wrote: »
    We're working on it. It took a bit to get through 50 pages (and yes, I'm sure some got missed).

Guys/Gals/other species remember that spamming is NOT allowed. And that while yes, in downtime threads discussions about star trek and such are FINE, random posts (especially pages from wikipedia...), a full post of 1-3 words are not fine and are considered spam.

Also, QUOTING said spam can lead to warnings and infractions on yourself as well. I'm sitting monitoring this thread as best as I can in between working and so is others :) We will catch it and deal with it as quickly as possible.

Thank You............
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    fatikan wrote: »
    Mhe... it's not worst than the other mmorpgs out there...

hell even blizzard after so many years of experience handling THE biggest mmo out there still blows the server at every exepension pack for like 48 hours lol

LMAO, how can you compare Blizzard with cryptic... (hyper mega epic facepalm..) xD.

And no, compared to Cryptic, Blizzard games are flawless talking about server stability. Because the way Blizzard works, is far from the way cryptic works. I really dont understand why people keep excusing cryptic about everything. Of course they must be subscribers, so they need to justify their money saying that it is not cryptic's fault. Well, u know what, it is.

I played a lot of online games, since almost two decades ago, and the case of STO is unique, i never seen so many bugs, so many server crashes and so lack of info and support to the customers than cryptic's. And of course, the game being a f2p doesnt mean anything, because people spent even more money when a game is f2p. And cryptic is an expert on that.

It hurts to me saying this, but at the same time that i can say STO is a great game, really big and cryptic did a good job with a lot of things, i also can say that the lack of work on almost everything the past few months, and the lack of work on the bugs since almost years ago, doesnt say anything good about cryptic, because those things are precisely the most important things in a mmo.
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What, I thought everyone watched Family Guy.

Uh. That's quite the assumption.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    rex9234rex9234 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Tribble Intelligence File 442151967

The Voth: Tactical Analysis

(1) The Voth are not edible.

(2) The Voth are unlikely to feed us deliberately, but they have big city ships that probably contain a lot of things we can eat.

(3) The Voth are likely to carry things we can eat on their persons (cf. file 475003A: "Tholians Carrying Banana Splits on Nukara")

(4) The Voth may try to eat us, since they seem to be big lizard people, but our reproductive rate makes them, like everything else in the galaxy, a negligible threat

(5) The Voth constantly reference something called "The Doctrine," but it seems to be a set of abstract ideas rather than a type of food or receptacle for food, so it warrants no further attention.

(6) The humans ran into the Voth once, in a human ship that had a lot of food on it. The whereabouts of any food that might be remaining from that ship is currently unknown.

(7) It is unclear whether the Voth know about second breakfast.
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The log in server will not connect. I haz sad nao. :(
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    amalefactoramalefactor Member Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wow!!!! 62 pages of post is less than 1 hour...... Get a JOB! Earn a LIVING and put momma's credit card back in her purse before she wakes up. :rolleyes:

I take it you're posting this from the backseat of your stretched limo sportscar after an invigorating kickboxing sparring match with your contortionist flight stewardess girlfriend, going between a hostile takeover of one corporation to another with a giant pool of money cushioning your desktop-power laptop?
  • Options
    martokk1701martokk1701 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Im new to STO, just downloaded it install/patch. Finally think im gunna get to play it and to my horror, servers are down. :eek:
This discussion has been closed.