test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anniversary Event is Live! [Now Ended]

124»

Comments

• captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So the server is back up...and more patching. Even more patching in ARC. And the error 36 again.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • tardes13tardes13 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Question

about the reward ships:

- seems to me it's the same package for all 3 factions

- so I was wondering how they unpack

- will the romulans automatically get the romulan version - no matter their allegiance ?
  • senselockesenselocke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So, I was really stoked to get the Solenae shields, thinking they'd apply a Solenae skin to other ships. That white/grey/violet look is killer.

They... don't.

Nothing, whatsoever. Heck, even the Breen set applies a texture. EVERY named set in the game I can think of that applies a set bonus applies a custom skin. This can't be right, can it?

Please tell me this is another glitch?
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    is the new fed sci-destroyer not finished ? , when in tach mode only one side closes up

http://imageshack.com/a/img35/7632/77g1.jpg
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I keep getting disconnected today. I rest my router Twice and verified both the computer's wifi & router's internet connections are strong (5 bars). Still getting disconnected. A lot. Are you aware of anything either on your end or in-between that could account for this? It's a real headache.

Six (6) hrs-plus gameplay/attempted gameplay, Zero (0) missions done. I want to do these missions but constant disconnects are making it impossible. Please help.
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    All the images in the news post are broken when I try to click on them for larger versions.

"400 Bad Request
    nginx/0.7.64"

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • allenscottallenscott Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the workaround posting! That will hopefully allow me to keep *grits teeth* grinding through the celebration content.
  • shireknightshireknight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just noticed this
    The Shield, Impulse Engine and Deflector that make up this set are available in Marks ranging from II to XII, and most of the attached stats and bonuses will scale with the equipment. The Mark of item you receive will be dependent upon what level you are when you complete the ?A Step Between Stars? Feature Episode

Bearing in mind that I can't even use the ship until I reach level 40, I'm only at level 11 now so does this mean my anniversary ship will be rubbish compared to peoples who are at level 40 when they get theirs :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • i8472i8472 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    played again at max settings after the patches...

wow looked really good, ran lot better than before.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just noticed this... Bearing in mind that I can't even use the ship until I reach level 40, I'm only at level 11 now so does this mean my anniversary ship will be rubbish compared to peoples who are at level 40 when they get theirs :confused:

If it's consistently like other ships, the universal consoles will level with you and the rest of the equipment on it will all be Mk VIII stuff. The Mk VIII stuff will be useless, as you will most likely want to purchase or earn higher level gear to outfit your ship with. So, it doesn't matter what level you are when you earn the ship. You won't be able to unlock it until you hit level 40.

I earned the Obelisk on my KDF which I never bothered to level (I was grinding Reps on my fed at the time) until after the event was over. Once I leveled my KDF up, the ship became unlockable and still had all the same gear that anyone else had...

Hope that helps...
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
    edited February 2014
    crm14916 wrote: »
    If it's consistently like other ships, the universal consoles will level with you and the rest of the equipment on it will all be Mk VIII stuff. The Mk VIII stuff will be useless, as you will most likely want to purchase or earn higher level gear to outfit your ship with. So, it doesn't matter what level you are when you earn the ship. You won't be able to unlock it until you hit level 40.

I earned the Obelisk on my KDF which I never bothered to level (I was grinding Reps on my fed at the time) until after the event was over. Once I leveled my KDF up, the ship became unlockable and still had all the same gear that anyone else had...

Hope that helps...
    CM

Oh dear I don't think this ship is like those, I have a Solanae Deflector Array MK IV currently installed on my ship, I've just been promoted to Commander and my Array is still a MK IV yet the special mission is offering me a MK VI version if I want to replay it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Oh dear I don't think this ship is like those, I have a Solanae Deflector Array MK IV currently installed on my ship, I've just been promoted to Commander and my Array is still a MK IV yet the special mission is offering me a MK VI version if I want to replay it.

The ship itself will come in a box, you won't be able to open it until you are lvl 40. The gear on it will be lvl 40 whites, except for the secondary deflector and the warp/singularity core.
  • iikkajarviiikkajarvi Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    alonar wrote: »
    The ship itself will come in a box, you won't be able to open it until you are lvl 40. The gear on it will be lvl 40 whites, except for the secondary deflector and the warp/singularity core.

^ This. Plus you can rerun the mission for the Solanae gear outside of the anniversary event.
    Current Server: Mindflayer
    History Class in the Realms: "Elves did it better first. Also, magic was probably involved somehow and maybe gods. Or godly magic. Now go outside so the orcs and bandits have someone to menace."
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited February 2014

That deflector didn't come from the ship, but from running the FE.

To clarify, completing 1000QMs gets you the ship.

It's an RA level, 9 console ship, you can't use until level 40.

It will be equipped with white MK X gear, except for a couple of items. The warp core and the secondary deflector dish.

Now, when you run the FE atm, it'll reward you a piece of the Solenae space set at your level.

However, there is nothing stopping you (indeed, this is recommended) running it again at level 50 to get MK XII versions of everything.

Run it three times at level 50 and you'll get the impulse drive, shields and deflector at MK XII. Combine it with the warp core from the ship for a four piece set.

The secondary deflector is also the fourth part of a set, in this case the Cstore, ten console version pack coming soon will have three consoles in it, which when combined with that secondary gives you a four piece set.

Hope that helps.
    edited February 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    That deflector didn't come from the ship, but from running the FE.

To clarify, completing 1000QMs gets you the ship.

It's an RA level, 9 console ship, you can't use until level 40.

It will be equipped with white MK X gear, except for a couple of items. The warp core and the secondary deflector dish.

Now, when you run the FE atm, it'll reward you a piece of the Solenae space set at your level.

However, there is nothing stopping you (indeed, this is recommended) running it again at level 50 to get MK XII versions of everything.

Run it three times at level 50 and you'll get the impulse drive, shields and deflector at MK XII. Combine it with the warp core from the ship for a four piece set.

The secondary deflector is also the fourth part of a set, in this case the Cstore, ten console version pack coming soon will have three consoles in it, which when combined with that secondary gives you a four piece set.

Hope that helps.

Oh I see, I got the impression that you only have until the event ends in which to keep replaying the mission and earn better ship parts, never realised you can keep replaying it forever, thanks for that :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    So I've been able to play (mostly) unhampered by technical difficulties, but a new problem has emerged, and I doubt I'm the only one griefed by it. Players who are either too lazy to play q's shell game of Guess Which Gift Box, or don't like it or find it 'too hard' to do. So they run around activating every 'q' in the zone. This effectively blocks other players from being able to play. It is not fair nor is it right.

Now I have to change instances every time I beam to the Academy for Party Patrol. Going to the instance with the fewest players usually is enough but not always; 3-4 players running around activating 'q's is enough to tie up every 'q' there for a while.

When griefers where ambushing racers near the end of the race course in Winter Wonderland, Cryptic cracked down on it and it only lasted a couple days or so. Why should this be any different? Some players can log 18-20hrs a day; most of us are not in that category. I do not get to play as long as I would like nor as often as I would like. Other players sabotaging my gametime (and other payers' time) is not acceptable.

I look forward to Cryptic's resolution of this matter.

Thank You.
    4073703.jpg
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
    edited February 2014
    sarvour0 wrote: »
    So I've been able to play (mostly) unhampered by technical difficulties, but a new problem has emerged, and I doubt I'm the only one griefed by it. Players who are either too lazy to play q's shell game of Guess Which Gift Box, or don't like it or find it 'too hard' to do. So they run around activating every 'q' in the zone. This effectively blocks other players from being able to play. It is not fair nor is it right.

Now I have to change instances every time I beam to the Academy for Party Patrol. Going to the instance with the fewest players usually is enough but not always; 3-4 players running around activating 'q's is enough to tie up every 'q' there for a while.

When griefers where ambushing racers near the end of the race course in Winter Wonderland, Cryptic cracked down on it and it only lasted a couple days or so. Why should this be any different? Some players can log 18-20hrs a day; most of us are not in that category. I do not get to play as long as I would like nor as often as I would like. Other players sabotaging my gametime (and other payers' time) is not acceptable.

I look forward to Cryptic's resolution of this matter.

Thank You.

1- Click the bar that says "Starfleet Academy #3" (or whatever instance you're in)
    2- Click "Change Instance"
    3- Scroll to an instance only 2-4 people are in, double click
    4- Profit

EDIT: Sorry, you talked about changing instances, but not everyone knows how, so this is more for other/new users than yourself.

This is no "griefing", this is just people playing the game as designed. With lag, it's impossible to find the Q'lone, unless you know to use Aim Mode and look for the box that changes your reticule to the Interact icon (a gear)--but that way takes a full minute each Q'lone. It's simply easier to run around tagging until you get a runner.

But it's not done to disadvantage you specifically or other users in general, it's done just to get the obnoxious thing out of the way in the quickest way possible. So it's not by definition "griefing". The problem is not with other players, the problem is with how it was designed. But changing to a low-population instance is what I did every day, on four toons--and I had zero problem completing the Event. I disliked it, immensely, but I didn't have the same problems you are having.
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I usually do that, as soon as I enter in the map I look for the lowliest instance, usually between 3-8 players and I do the round in 2-5 minutes depending on how many boxes I found, also I do the missions in the academy, so killing 2 dinosaurs with one spear.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
    edited February 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    I usually do that, as soon as I enter in the map I look for the lowliest instance, usually between 3-8 players and I do the round in 2-5 minutes depending on how many boxes I found, also I do the missions in the academy, so killing 2 dinosaurs with one spear.

"Missions", plural? Other than "Check The Lore Wiki For Profit", what else is there to DO at the Academy?
  • buommanbuomman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I just started STO a week ago, hit lvl 10 yesterday and did the "A Step Between Stars" mission and 2 dailies so far. I am at 48%, I calculated i'll be 7 days short of points to get the ship, if I do the dailies until next Thursday. Is there any chance they will extend this so newcomers can get the points to win the ship or is there any other way to make more of these commendations? I really like the ship and want to get it.
    edited February 2014
    buomman wrote: »
    I just started STO a week ago, hit lvl 10 yesterday and did the "A Step Between Stars" mission and 2 dailies so far. I am at 48%, I calculated i'll be 7 days short of points to get the ship, if I do the dailies until next Thursday. Is there any chance they will extend this so newcomers can get the points to win the ship or is there any other way to make more of these commendations? I really like the ship and want to get it.

Yeah, probably too late. It takes 15 replays of the mission, with a 20 hour cooldown, plus the Feature Episode.

There is the option of buying the remaining Qmendations with Lobi, but Lobi comes from Lockboxes, Lockboxes open with a $1.25 Master Key. You CAN buy the Master Key on the Exchange with in-game cash for $1.9mil each, and each Qmendations pack gives 10-20 Qmendations for 5 Lobi (which is much, much better than the previous Event, which gave 4-6 Q thingies for 5 Lobi), but you'll still have to open 14-28 Boxes. For that price, you might as well just buy a C-store single--but you won't get the Warp/Singularity Core or 2ndary Deflector that comes from the Grind ship.
    edited February 2014
    senselocke wrote: »
    Yeah, probably too late. It takes 15 replays of the mission, with a 20 hour cooldown, plus the Feature Episode.

There is the option of buying the remaining Qmendations with Lobi, but Lobi comes from Lockboxes, Lockboxes open with a $1.25 Master Key. You CAN buy the Master Key on the Exchange with in-game cash for $1.9mil each, and each Qmendations pack gives 10-20 Qmendations for 5 Lobi (which is much, much better than the previous Event, which gave 4-6 Q thingies for 5 Lobi), but you'll still have to open 14-28 Boxes. For that price, you might as well just buy a C-store single--but you won't get the Warp/Singularity Core or 2ndary Deflector that comes from the Grind ship.

Damn, well thanks for the info. I am guessing that the Q commendations are not transferrable between characters too. I was going to ower level my Klingon to 10, I think he is 8 now, so I could try and get them and send them, oh well...at least I can do the dailies and grab the extra dilithium. Another ....is it better to take the dilithium or grab the box with the goodies in them, is the goodie box worth it or better?
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited February 2014

You will either have to buy Qmendations with Lobi crystals my advice though would be if you really want the dyson ship when you become lvl 50 is to use Zen and get the ship pack of the zen store.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Damn, well thanks for the info. I am guessing that the Q commendations are not transferrable between characters too. I was going to ower level my Klingon to 10, I think he is 8 now, so I could try and get them and send them, oh well...at least I can do the dailies and grab the extra dilithium. Another ....is it better to take the dilithium or grab the box with the goodies in them, is the goodie box worth it or better?

I used to get the mystery box and you may get some decent stuff in there you may not. if you only have a short time in game and need the dilithium I would get that as you know what your getting and it isn't a gamble
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    I used to get the mystery box and you may get some decent stuff in there you may not. if you only have a short time in game and need the dilithium I would get that as you know what your getting and it isn't a gamble

Sweet, thanks bro, good advice. Just learning the ropes now, a lot to take in but sweet game!
    edited February 2014
    senselocke wrote: »
    1- Click the bar that says "Starfleet Academy #3" (or whatever instance you're in)
    2- Click "Change Instance"
    3- Scroll to an instance only 2-4 people are in, double click
    4- Profit

EDIT: Sorry, you talked about changing instances, but not everyone knows how, so this is more for other/new users than yourself.

This is no "griefing", this is just people playing the game as designed. With lag, it's impossible to find the Q'lone, unless you know to use Aim Mode and look for the box that changes your reticule to the Interact icon (a gear)--but that way takes a full minute each Q'lone. It's simply easier to run around tagging until you get a runner.

But it's not done to disadvantage you specifically or other users in general, it's done just to get the obnoxious thing out of the way in the quickest way possible. So it's not by definition "griefing". The problem is not with other players, the problem is with how it was designed. But changing to a low-population instance is what I did every day, on four toons--and I had zero problem completing the Event. I disliked it, immensely, but I didn't have the same problems you are having.

You are incorrect. Denial of a resource is a form or griefing. If you don't believe me look up "Griefer". And justifying it because it is 'easier' is like justifying robbery because its an easier way to get money/stuff. They are abusing the mechanics of the game not giving a damn to how it damages the gameply of others. Those of us who belive in playing fairly.
    4073703.jpg

edited February 2014
    Qmendations can be earned next year to finish the rep projects for the Sci Destroyers, right? I got too many to finish with Lobi.

How long will the crate of Qmendations be available in the Lobi/Event Stores for?
    4073703.jpg

• pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We hope you enjoyed the Anniversary Event and all the rewards!

See you and Q next year for our 5th Anniversary Party!

~CaptainSmirk
This discussion has been closed.