test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anniversary Event is Live! [Now Ended]

Comments

• captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm not sure that Tribble testing can provide adequate proofing against excessive server load if that's the problem. It would be nice for it to stay up long enough to finish a play through of the marquee anniversary event.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • csbastiancsbastian Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You know, I once went to the Zoo and I remember watching these animals throwing brown objects at a spot on the wall, well i was thinking to myself that as uncoordinated as these interesting animals were every once in a while they would actually hit there target.

I honestly think the moral of my story is..... Even an non-evolved primate can hit a target once in a while, maybe we can learn something from them.
  • plb1982plb1982 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wayofdera wrote: »
    Cryptic,

Can we have the event extended by a day, saying the first day has been pretty much a write off due to STO servers being down?

Or maybe just give us the ships for free or for one FE like other Anniversary ships?

"Thanks to everyone for supporting us with your time and hard-earned dollars for 4 years, we'd like to say 'thank you' by giving you a very limited time to grind away for a ship that isn't even going to be complete unless you buy the C-Store version anyway. Oh, and you have to do it for each character! 'Cause that's how we like to say "F..." I mean, "THANK you"
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Could you please change the thread title to "Anniversary Event is Offline!"?

The "Live" in there is definately wrong advertisement...
  • halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Could you please change the thread title to "Anniversary Event is Offline!"?

The "Live" in there is definately wrong advertisement...

I heard that Q has gone on strike! He said that 4 events in the last 6 months he's fed up... he said it's not in his contract. He will return the tribbles to the server as soon as they are willing to renegotiate....
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • ducklesworthducklesworth Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    plb1982 wrote: »
    "Thanks to everyone for supporting us with your time and hard-earned dollars for 4 years, we'd like to say 'thank you' by giving you a very limited time to grind away for a ship that isn't even going to be complete unless you buy the C-Store version anyway. Oh, and you have to do it for each character! 'Cause that's how we like to say "F..." I mean, "THANK you"

Oh, God yes. You made my day.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Guys, you joking about everything, but this is serious.. this could be the beginning of the end of STO.. suit yourself xD.
  • shantavishantavi Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And... kaboom. :eek:

Will the event be extended due to downtime? :cool:

Right, because not only do those of us with a bunch of Alts have to really run this event ad nauseum already, now we have to try and do it with server outages, cutting down our grinding ability even more.

Just awesome.

"Back on topic. Destinii is correct."

(Formerly Destinii until the 'Great PWE Forum Shakeup of 2012')
  • shantavishantavi Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    plb1982 wrote: »
    Or maybe just give us the ships for free or for one FE like other Anniversary ships?

It's not like we already won't be running the event a few times per character to get the equipment that goes on the ship already.

The amount of grinding for this event is seriously disappointing. Especially with the outages.

"Back on topic. Destinii is correct."

(Formerly Destinii until the 'Great PWE Forum Shakeup of 2012')
  • derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    after the first day of major server problems the mission with tuvok going black and not seeing anything around you im now depressed, waited so long just to get disapointed !!!!! CRYPTIC AFTER TODAY YOU SHOULD ALLOW US THE MONTH OF FEB. TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS EVENT
  • nathanhunternathanhunter Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kortaag wrote: »
    In all fairness, it's a major platform they're moving into place; I understand unexpected technical issues. It's an update I've wanted to see for a very long time and I was very willing to wait an entire day if necessary to wait for the weapon loadouts.

However, not only are the loadouts not available after all, they also told us this had been lined up for a while and with that, they should have had a cloned version of the live server to ensure the patch would be successful well before initiating the patch. This reinforces the idea that the patch wasn't actually tested before release and their history of these patches also establishes a pattern that these teams aren't practicing proven software practices that prevent this from happening.

If they're so far ahead of schedule, that's the least they can do well in advance.

But I remain slightly optimistic that we might see the loadouts by next week hopefully.

Just a repeat for Cryptic's sake
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    Hamster get tired and fall off the wheel again?

Get it a Gatorade and a massage then!

Feed a Tribble some Jumping beans and have her and her kids pinch hit for a little while.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • gunsang1gunsang1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's a "network" issue. They can't really throw a million computers at once on it, and it may not even be that. Where on earth you people are getting such ridiculous hypotheses from is beyond me.

You throw up a uneducated guess, put a paragraph behind it, and it has nothing to do with the problem. :rolleyes:

Be patient, support Cryptic, stop assuming. Best way to handle this. I'm sure if missing a single day becomes a critical life-threatening issue, they'll tap it on the end.
  • mycetrapmycetrap Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    More than anything else, what baffles me is the apparent lack of explanation. All I have seen is "we're working on it." I've found neither an explanation of the situation, nor an estimation of the time they are going to need to rectify things.

I definitely agree with previous posters. If you have a time limited event, and your servers go down, you should allow extra time for players to play.
  • dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They are having difficulty picking out the next hamster.
  • gryspeertgryspeert Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    WHY always durinig my only gametime ??????

havent seen this in a few posts.
    My Imaginary Friend commited suicide
    Pick your superstition sit back make a wish and Enjoy yourself
    Ah, it's great to be young and insane!
  • issueman1issueman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Since I work, I have not been able to claim my free stuff. I know it's free and all that, but I didn't get off until late. I was on long enough to do the chase the Q's thing and one mission. I didn't think about claiming those things right away. Unfortunately I have to go to bed for work in the morning. Is there any way we can get today's perks tomorrow too? I'm sure there are a lot of us that fall under these conditions.
    (P.S. tomorrow is pay day)
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    THERE WAS MORE FREE STUFF?! O_O

Cryptic, I-I can't...I can't take this any-anymore...give me a cigarette....I-I need to rest from all these free swag-gasms....
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    gunsang1 wrote: »
    Be patient, support Cryptic, stop assuming. Best way to handle this. I'm sure if missing a single day becomes a critical life-threatening issue, they'll tap it on the end.

I dont think STO will be alive if people didnt have patience... seriously. I mean, i see people playing since years ago, and i wonder myself, where did they get that ammount of patience..

Support? i think you support a company when that company deserves that support.. but i am not saying anything more. I think by now, everyone knows what cryptic is doing, i mean what they are NOT doing. But is good to know there will be always optimist people like you, no matter what. Cryptic needs you, seriously...
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    issueman1 wrote: »
    Since I work, I have not been able to claim my free stuff. I know it's free and all that, but I didn't get off until late. I was on long enough to do the chase the Q's thing and one mission. I didn't think about claiming those things right away. Unfortunately I have to go to bed for work in the morning. Is there any way we can get today's perks tomorrow too? I'm sure there are a lot of us that fall under these conditions.
    (P.S. tomorrow is pay day)

"Today's perk" is yeasterday's, and it last up until 10am today, when the Q thing took over. You're not missing much, these consoles suck.
  • xigbargxigbarg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nothing wrong with wanting another "nope" dash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yesterday's consoles do not "suck" unless you expect them to be useful on every build. There are no new consoles for today (season 8.5 launch day) if I understand it right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
  • gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Actually there is a giveaway today too.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1089311
  • austg76austg76 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I dont think STO will be alive if people didnt have patience... seriously. I mean, i see people playing since years ago, and i wonder myself, where did they get that ammount of patience..

Support? i think you support a company when that company deserves that support.. but i am not saying anything more. I think by now, everyone knows what cryptic is doing, i mean what they are NOT doing. But is good to know there will be always optimist people like you, no matter what. Cryptic needs you, seriously...

I know the feeling.....Bet her done...already
    What a World...Server Crash...Respawn....borg Invades ...Respawn...
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    gurluas wrote: »

Ah, well, that's the one thing I will never ever bother to use.;)
    edited January 2014
    gurluas wrote: »

bought that years ago ...:mad:
    edited January 2014
    and never used it :(
  • austg76austg76 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    gryspeert wrote: »
    WHY always durinig my only gametime ??????

havent seen this in a few posts.

I know the Feeling <with the right quote>....me too
    What a World...Server Crash...Respawn....borg Invades ...Respawn...
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    THERE WAS MORE FREE STUFF?! O_O

Cryptic, I-I can't...I can't take this any-anymore...give me a cigarette....I-I need to rest from all these free swag-gasms....

Oh be quiet.
  • theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jetter96 wrote: »
    My feedback so far after spending 2 hours in 8.5:

1. Shuttle pvp: please come up with a solution, because a shuttle flying around with the Romulan torp and criting every shuttle away is just no pvp!
    2. The mission itself is just great. Thanks for that!
    3. New ship: I?m assuming that each fraction will get its own 3-pack due to these 3 consoles on the ship giving it its special powers, this would mean 150$ for an unlock on all 3 fractions.
    4. The last part of the mission is not my favorite, as it only is for showing of the new Zen versions of the ship and to promote to buy them and they probably 15k Zen for all three ships is in my opinion just pulling a hell lot of money again!
    5. Free ship is probably nearly useless, just as the obelisk, compared to the versions that have to be purchased + grinding for the ship?
    Compared to the 3rd anniversary this year?s event is just nothing!

Still I wish the people at cryptic a great anniversary, as the work they accomplished last year is just great!

For 3, of course that is how it is. Cryptic aint stupid.
This discussion has been closed.