What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anniversary Event is Live! [Now Ended]

Comments

• kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • zeuslegion1zeuslegion1 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So I log back in and begin all over again on the Sun Station and things go much better this time... at least until I get to the part where your allies show up and then I get disconnected from the server. STO load screen says server is down, website says its up. Meh.
  • captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Was just playing the new mission when the game server went down?
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
  • ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I believe it was mentioned earlier that one of the things you get from this featured episode is one of 3 EVA suits variants, and that by getting all three you can unlock a special one. Will that always be available, though, or is it only for as long as the Anniversary event is going on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jetter96jetter96 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My feedback so far after spending 2 hours in 8.5:

1. Shuttle pvp: please come up with a solution, because a shuttle flying around with the Romulan torp and criting every shuttle away is just no pvp!
    2. The mission itself is just great. Thanks for that!
    3. New ship: I?m assuming that each fraction will get its own 3-pack due to these 3 consoles on the ship giving it its special powers, this would mean 150$ for an unlock on all 3 fractions.
    4. The last part of the mission is not my favorite, as it only is for showing of the new Zen versions of the ship and to promote to buy them and they probably 15k Zen for all three ships is in my opinion just pulling a hell lot of money again!
    5. Free ship is probably nearly useless, just as the obelisk, compared to the versions that have to be purchased + grinding for the ship?
    Compared to the 3rd anniversary this year?s event is just nothing!

Still I wish the people at cryptic a great anniversary, as the work they accomplished last year is just great!
  • cdrbobcdrbob Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ajm1067 wrote: »
    ^ this. sooo this.

After getting the EV suits, everything just goes black. I tried adjusting video, with no luck. I couldn't see to fly into the tunnels to even get to the door. This mission is unplayable for me and I will not be buying a new graphics card or anything else just to play it.
  • myrddnnmyrddnn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Server went down. Any word on when it will be back up?
  • demonstormukdemonstormuk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, just as suspected, servers down. For gods sake buy some more server racks.
  • ducklesworthducklesworth Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And it only took 2 hours before it crashed this time! Congrats, a new record!
  • albertwesker45albertwesker45 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    cdrbob wrote: »
    After getting the EV suits, everything just goes black. I tried adjusting video, with no luck. I couldn't see to fly into the tunnels to even get to the door. This mission is unplayable for me and I will not be buying a new graphics card or anything else just to play it.

yea i had to use the mini map/map to continue the mission.
  • nova2284nova2284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I didn't know the shutting down the station in the new mission would bring the would bring down server office as well... amazing timing best patch ever!:D:D:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DELTA RISING FIXS THERE NEVER COMING WHY I'M I WASTING MY TIME ASKING FOR THEM ???
  • stormhaven88stormhaven88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It would be really nice if you guys fixed the part in the station after you get the suit, this flying around in completely blacked out space is bogus. Please fix it, I'd love to advance past that part.
  • theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ya know, honestly though? I liked Tuvok's classic uniform better.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,433 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There must be some sort of intermittent glitch with the video, because I never encountered any of the problems with anything being blacked out on the station - which is fortunate, as I'm not sure how long even a Solanae EV suit would last in direct sunlight at that distance.

(Incidentally, the text at the beginning is wrong as well - the star involved can't be a brown dwarf, as they are well-known for not having enough visible-light output to brighten a room, much less the area you're in. A cooling red dwarf, perhaps...)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • shantavishantavi Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So, this event is particularly harsh for those of us who have multiple characters, since *each* character needs 1000 of these 'Qommendations' to acquire a ship, along with multiple playthroughs of the mission to get all the consoles?

"Back on topic. Destinii is correct."

(Formerly Destinii until the 'Great PWE Forum Shakeup of 2012')
  • jammers19jammers19 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Servers down for the 3rd time...... DDoS attack? or sloppy Network?
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited January 2014
    server goes up... server goes down... server goes round and round... where it stops no one knows... Q.... you have a sick sense of humor dude :P
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And... kaboom. :eek:

Will the event be extended due to downtime? :cool:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • ericandrewrossericandrewross Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ok, so it is not just me. Why is it of the three MMOs I play, this is the only one that cannot get an update right?
    Vice Admiral Ross
    and others too numerous to name...
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    To quote O'Brien, Bloody Hell!

STO Players Log. This new Season 8.5 must've been put together by monkeys. Well, she's got a fine engine but...half the doors won't open, and who knows whose job it is to make it right.

Let's see what's she's got says the captain, and then we found out didn't we?

All right Team Cryptic time to get your overtime.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • phoneticalphabetphoneticalphabet Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    maybe the voth toke over
  • grouchiergrouchier Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Get it together guys. This is an awesomeanniversary event but it kind of blows when you are at the last battle and the server decides to go **** up. I know you are working hard to resolve issues but this is getting frustrating.
  • wanderer89wanderer89 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey all, I was able to play through the Feature Episode and it's great. The EV suits are fun and it's a cool extension of the Dyson/Iconian story.

However...

I feel that things need to be evaluated here. I, in all my four and a half years here since beta I can't recall a launch as bad as this one. Too many graphical errors for people, things that should have been but seemingly weren't play tested :( not impressed

Check back my previous comments, I never ever complain and always defend the game and Cryptic but as I said this 8.5 launch has been really poor. I hope we get a rep extension due to downtime guys :)

Keep up the usual good work though Cryptic. I'm sure everything will be fixed tomorrow morning (I hope)
    THE ARTIST FORMALLY KNOWN AS TRYULIS
    Vice Admiral Dir Sonatra, I.R.W. Kholairlha, Scimitar Class Warbird
    Vice Admiral Oshin S'ree, USS Steamrunner, Steamrunner Class

TEN FORWARD FLEET
  • dboura01dboura01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    At this rate it might be the Ferengi doing it to boost up sales from lobi crystals LOL .. or Q and the Grand Negus went into a joint business contract :eek:
  • wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cryptic,

Can we have the event extended by a day, saying the first day has been pretty much a write off due to STO servers being down?
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Anniversary event live... Mhm,,,, I wouldn't call that "live"...
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wanderer89 wrote: »
    Hey all, I was able to play through the Feature Episode and it's great. The EV suits are fun and it's a cool extension of the Dyson/Iconian story.

However...

I feel that things need to be evaluated here. I, in all my four and a half years here since beta I can't recall a launch as bad as this one. Too many graphical errors for people, things that should have been but seemingly weren't play tested :( not impressed

Check back my previous comments, I never ever complain and always defend the game and Cryptic but as I said this 8.5 launch has been really poor. I hope we get a rep extension due to downtime guys :)

Keep up the usual good work though Cryptic. I'm sure everything will be fixed tomorrow morning (I hope)
    Let's be honest this isn't the chaotic gridlock that was the Legacy of Romulus launch. BUt I must say this has been...surprising.
    wayofdera wrote: »
    Cryptic,

Can we have the event extended by a day, saying the first day has been pretty much a write off due to STO servers being down?
    I think we can safely call the first day a wash. That's gotta be what? Six out of the first ten hours down?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • rudy460rudy460 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA season 8.5 is awesomeeeeeeeeee oopssss we did it AGAINNNNNNNNNNNNNN CRASHHHHHHHHHHHH sry guys its not or fault were cryptic/pw we DONT ever test thats why we DONT ever have OP game junk or server crashes were to good for that and we have a 4 YEAR TRAC RECORD of us NEVER TRIBBLE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • kortaagkortaag Member Posts: 525
    edited January 2014
    In all fairness, it's a major platform they're moving into place; I understand unexpected technical issues. It's an update I've wanted to see for a very long time and I was very willing to wait an entire day if necessary to wait for the weapon loadouts.

However, not only are the loadouts not available after all, they also told us this had been lined up for a while and with that, they should have had a cloned version of the live server to ensure the patch would be successful well before initiating the patch. This reinforces the idea that the patch wasn't actually tested before release and their history of these patches also establishes a pattern that these teams aren't practicing proven software practices that prevent this from happening.

If they're so far ahead of schedule, that's the least they can do well in advance.

But I remain slightly optimistic that we might see the loadouts by next week hopefully.
    May good management be with you.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Okay... who let the Pakled access to the servers?
This discussion has been closed.