Options

Season 8 Dev Blog #42

1235»

Comments

• Options
    sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    I wonder, do you see how what I've quoted above isn;t the solution but an accurate summation of the problem?

This isn't the WW event or summer on Risa.

This is the anniversary event, this has a qualitively different meaning to those other grinds.

The way this grind has been set up excludes too many people. It really shouldn't be excluding people at all. Yet you're now lauding the fact that the grind has put people off to say its better for the rest of you.

Thats an anniversary event?

In the mega thread elsewhere there have been countless suggestions, not all gimmeshipforfree either.

If this grind had been designed differently, there'd be fewer issues.

One suggestion has been to drop the mini Q game altogether, instead requiring us to replay the FE.

400 QM the first time and 100 thereafter.

Reduces the time commitment to a week, instead of a fortnight, lets us play interesting content instead of a stupid miniQ game, at a stroke removes the mini griefing that always occurs when you have players competing to start a mini game.

Cryptic still get us parking our bums at the machine for a reasonable amount of time

In short, there are good compromises on the table. However, assuming the ostritch postion and saying over and over again, "theres no problem" wont work.

This would make things more reasonable for this time of year. Still...for this time of year, people will still get excluded. They are too busy with work or school or both. They won't have time to take part and will miss out.
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Updated information for the Q daily for Qmendations:

• "Convince 5 mini-Q's to come to the party"
    • Average time of completion in testing: 2-5 minutes to complete the entire "daily"
    • Each mini-Q has a chance to:
      • Turn into a creature you chase
      • A "3-card monte" type game, "the shell game"

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

That daily had me wanting to tear my eyes out of their sockets last time.

Can't I just shoot them and drag their little corpses to the party instead ?

I mean Q can reanimate them ....RIGHT? :P
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    galiesgalies Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, I was enjoying the new mission until, guess what, I get to the spacewalk part of the mission, and everything goes black. All models are totally blacked out making it unplayable. Great job. Oh, and another note that really ticks me off, none of my female characters can wear the maco mk XI set and see anything more than PANTS! On my one male Bof, the suit displays correctly, but on all the females, its just white pants! This wasn't happening before the patch. Just want to go on record and say that as it stands right now, Cryptic is doing the same job as CCP in releasing patches that are buggy and garbage. Congratulations Cryptic.:mad:
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The Step between Stars was a good story and the action was sufficient to make it a good anniversary story. Tim Russ is a good addition tot he STO guest voice-over cast from the Star Trek Voyager cast. I hope more join the list.

As for the grind mission... don't know and don't care how that is going (didn't enjoy it last season and what I saw on Starfleet Academy was the usual menagerie). The lobi-q-com exchange was good. I only needed 129 boxes (645 lobis) for all three ships.

I'll do the repeats for the rest of the basic set at my leisure and will not be looking for the bundles since this ship will just be another alternate for my three Sci toons with them.

Hope next year's anniversary has better options and less conflict. ;)