test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tuvok in sto are you happy or disappointed?

Comments

• kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The pictures posted show him as a Rear Admiral one star but the sleeves don't have the rank
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,181 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    The pictures posted show him as a Rear Admiral one star but the sleeves don't have the rank

In the thread regarding his uniform branflakes has said that as far as he is aware the uniform shots are for FE promotion and not from the FE itself.
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Bit of both. I like Tuvok and I am very grateful of Mr. Russ taking time out to voice his character for STO.

At the same time, I still want Sir Patrick Stewart so my Captain can meet his hero, Jean-Luc.

Oh well. Maybe next Season.

Thank you, Tim Russ!
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    protogoth wrote: »
    Suzie Plakson is just a fantastic actress overall. Loved her as the female Q and Dr. Selar, as well as K'Ehleyr.
    Yeah, Selar was mentioned in a lot of eps... but only seen in one. :( I liked her.

Anyways... Tuvok was 150 or so during Voyager. I wouldn't expect him to be a lot older looking now.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Tim Russ and Robert Picardo's characters were my faves on Voyager so good news. Now Cryptic, get Picardo on a future special ep. There are different possibilities for a story arc than what we usually get, with a medical EMH. :)
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • smazazelsmazazel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Disappointed. Voyager was the worst trek can we at least finish the rest of the federation and alpha/beta quad before we go into the worst acted worst written boring trek? Voyager is only love by people because of 7 of 9. but it was the worst writing boring garbage so lets finish the area we have before going to the Deta hell we even have a way to the Gamma quad. instead of this stupid none canon bull TRIBBLE but oh well at least the fantasy of 7 of 9 is there for you.
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    personally I think tuvok in sto is a great idea. i wouldn't ever of said he would have been my 1st choice. but i do think it's a great choice. he is one a of small list of characters that would still be alive in the time line. :) i might have gone with voyagers doctor.

for me season 8 has been a disappointment story wise. i hope this new FE coming is a huge improvement on what we have had so far this season. i do worry that the use of tv/film characters is costing the game in other areas. having worf and tuvok VO it all sound like wow that's gonna be cool. but if the end result is rubbish story then it's just a huge waste. :eek:
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    smazazel wrote: »
    Disappointed. Voyager was the worst trek

Woah...woah...

Worst Trek? Voyager was by no means good, but worse than Enterprise?
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    variant37 wrote: »
    Woah...woah...

Enterprise was good , Voyager is the worst of all trek

I'm happy it's Tuvok Because if it was Neelix, I would have cried, and wipe out the Bajorans out of anger.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Enterprise was good , Voyager is the worst of all trek
    I really enjoyed Enterprise.
    And disliked DS9.

I guess I'm the opposite of your regular trekkie.

I'm happy it's Tuvok Because if it was Neelix, I would have cried, and wipe out the Bajorans out of anger.
    You can still wipe out the Bajorans, you know, just for fun !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    and wipe out the Bajorans out of anger.

if we could only do that to players and bad guys we dont like but here in the game world they just respawn come on after all the borg all of us have killed i think we should have made a biger dent in them than Janeway did in the last EP of VOY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    variant37 wrote: »
    Woah...woah...

Woah ... woah ...

No means good? Voyager is excellent ... (not the best) ... and HEY! What is your beef with Enterprise, it is pretty decent!
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • suprcheesesuprcheese Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Definitely happy, I've always liked Tim Russ, great choice for voicework IMO.
    There is no problem in the galaxy that cannot be solved with sufficient application of firepower.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    TNG/DS9>ENT>VOY>TOS

Granted, TOS was well before my time, but Voyager (even for a make belief science fiction show) was unbelievably inconsistent and unlikely. Half the Federation fleet couldn't navigate hostile territory so close to home, yet an Intrepid Class can travel across quadrants and through Borg space with minimal to no damage. :rolleyes:

Even though TNG/DS9 will be my favourite shows (they're the ones I grew up with) I would throw Enterprise up there too. The show was darker than what you'd normally expect from Trek, but I loved it. It's the one show I'd like to see return if any of them. They can rectify that god awful final too.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would also rank Enterprise above Voyager, though they both sit at the bottom of my personal list.

Also: this discussion is clearly going to lead nowhere good. :D
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,438 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    Also: this discussion is clearly going to lead nowhere good. :D
    Speaking as a Trekkie since the mid-'60s, I have to say I think it's already gone nowhere good, but de gustibus non disputandem est...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2014
    I'm horribly disappointed. He did a fantastic job at the voice work. . . but he did it all in LA instead of coming here and hanging out with us. . . :::pouts:::
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    I'm horribly disappointed. He did a fantastic job at the voice work. . . but he did it all in LA instead of coming here and hanging out with us. . . :::pouts:::

Should have flown down with me! :cool:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Like most characters in ST series, they were often written poorly. However, I've always felt Tim Russ did a good job in trying to inhabit the role and really make the character work. I'm therefore very exciting to see him reprise the role yet again.

The most important thing though is whether it will be a good value for money decision on Cryptic's part. Crosbie certainly was. Dorn certainly was. Masterson, Nimoy, Quinto - nope (but then their intended role was much more limited).

I wonder what else Mr. Russ' voice has been tapped for in STO. I'd like to see it herald a few new Federation missions focusing on internal matters, obviously featuring Vulcans or a Voyager twist.

Live long and prosper.
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Should have flown down with me! :cool:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Taco ... you just got owned ...
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • uss917019uss917019 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am actually disappointed. First of all we don't know if tuvok is an admiral 2nd in what universe does someone has a voyager uniform with a 2409 badge. 3rd Star Trek renegades is coming up, now I don't know if cryptic would do this is if Star Trek Online follows the timeline then It should be related to both but in the trailers of renegades they haven't mention that tuvok was in starfleet.

This is my opinion about the things I have heard from now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No objections at all of Tuvok being in STO. He was on of the most interesting characters on Voyager.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm glad to see him show up. This helps tells what become of Voyager's old crew after they got back. I thought he was a good actor in the series as well.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited January 2014
    Best part of this anniversary. Live long and prosper Mr. Russ.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • ltsmithltsmith Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Im rather excited I found him and Tom Paris to be the best characters aside from the Doctor in Star Trek Voyager.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited January 2014
    uss917019 wrote: »
    I am actually disappointed. First of all we don't know if tuvok is an admiral 2nd in what universe does someone has a voyager uniform with a 2409 badge. 3rd Star Trek renegades is coming up, now I don't know if cryptic would do this is if Star Trek Online follows the timeline then It should be related to both but in the trailers of renegades they haven't mention that tuvok was in starfleet.

This is my opinion about the things I have heard from now.

Renegade isn't canon and thus is not an impediment to STO.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Happy with it. More characters from the shows, the better.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There are definitely some Star Trek actors that I would have preferred over Tim Russ like Jeri Ryan and Roxanna Dawson, but there are certainly some actors that I prefer Tim Russ over.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Out of all the Voyager cast I think this is the most appropriate. Remember what ultimately happened to Tuvok in End Game? Going crazy didn't exactly do a whole lot to finish off his character arc. Admiral Tuvok, on the other hand, does and that's not an opportunity you'd have for anyone else (except the two "they died" exceptions but they got sufficient nods on the path to 2409.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey this isn't bad. Tim Russ is a great actor and I liked Tuvok.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1