test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Captain on the Bridge

Comments

• azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hmm, well have fun Stahl.

Now the question is, D'an is going to be a permanent boss or only a temporary like the time Stahl left? And what direction things will go now?
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hmm, well have fun Stahl.

Now the question is, D'an is going to be a permanent boss or only a temporary like the time Stahl left? And what direction things will go now?

Probally go the same as usual the EP position mostly has always seemed like a baby sitter position.
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Long live the king...
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    People come on, behave.

We should give Stephen a good feeling and a warm welcome to his new position.
    How bad do you think will he feel reading only negative stuff.

By the way, what is his boardname here?
  • josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Dan, good luck in your new endeavor.

Stephen, Welcome Back. May the Great Bird of the Galaxy help you in guiding this game on to a great future!
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    not again what's wrong with Sthal?
    Now the clamp down on coms and everything ales what a great thing to celebrate!
    CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    His boardname? I think is Kirk (I hate KLingons) admiral :D:D Only time will tell. LOL
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • magnetarxxmagnetarxx Member Posts: 24
    edited January 2014
    To the new Captain: I wish you all the best. Have fun with the work :-D
  • storattstoratt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    All best to Daniel & Stephen whit new jobs.

I hope we well here from you Stephen, like before ;D
    I love the time when you ware EP. . .
    edited January 2014
    magnetarxx wrote: »
    To the new Captain: I wish you all the best. Have fun with the work :-D

No don't spoil him, he must feel the pressure of the populace special the Kling ons one. :D
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    First off , a Big Thanks to Dan for getting us this far ... -- and yes , we are sore that you didn't say goodbye ... :P .
    Wishing you fair weather Captain ... .

Second , welcome back Mr. D'Angelo .
    Yours has been a peculiar turn at the wheel ... (not going to recount all the up's and downs just now :o) -- but here's to wishing you good tides as well , and please try to remember that the tech is there to service the story ... instead of the other way around ... (*caugh*2800*caugh*) .

And another point ... -- can we expect the new EP to be a bit more communicative then Dan has been for the last 6 months or more ?
    I recall that it was under Mr. D'Angelo's tenure that communication became more ... strict and structured ... -- however the current "ask which Dev you'd like to hear from" is clearly not really working and the only person out there is Capt. Gecko .
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome, and grats to the position!

Don't be a stranger to the forums, Twitter etc. :)
    signwidrona.png
  • cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    maybe hes going to work on star trek 2309 online! were you can have your tier 5 conies, excelsior and mirandas! so they can all be rightful removed from a game taking place in 2409

Acoording to an insider that "new project" of cryptics is basicicly PWE gave cryptic a tounge lashing and ordered them to rebuild STO from the ground up and this is being done by Cryptic North so its STO 2.0 (a fleet mate was talking to pwe member at vegas who ran the mouth off about whats going on)
    CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    cers001 wrote: »
    Acoording to an insider that "new project" of cryptics is basicicly PWE gave cryptic a tounge lashing and ordered them to rebuild STO from the ground up and this is being done by Cryptic North so its STO 2.0 (a fleet mate was talking to pwe member at vegas who ran the mouth off about whats going on)

False.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    First off , a Big Thanks

And another point ... -- can we expect the new EP to be a bit more communicative then Dan has been for the last 6 months or more ?
    I recall that it was under Mr. D'Angelo's tenure that communication became more ... strict and structured ... -- however the current "ask which Dev you'd like to hear from" is clearly not really working and the only person out there is Capt. Gecko .

^what he said. Dev-player communication was cut short after LoR, although we were told there would be a more open communication. It worked one month and then again a shutdown.

And I don't understand why we need to use external sites of Priority One, Stoked, and any other Blogs and channels to read and listen to interviews.

This always gives me the feeling we are not worth to talk to, or allowed to talk to the Devs.
  • jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Congrats to the new guy, bye to the old guy. Hope the new project that is going on is engine related. I think creating a new modern engine for this game and its other games could be fantastic.
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Dan, we'll miss you as before. You've accomplished a lot that you should be proud of in your time here. Which of course makes seeing you go harder. And who knows, maybe one day you'll miss us and return. ;)

Stephan, welcome back. Things have been busy since you left. I wanted to ask if this is a temporary assignment similar to last time, or will you be taking on this role (foreseeably) permanently? Will you be continuing as CTO? Do you have any goals in returning to the EP position on STO?
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    cers001 wrote: »

I'll believe it when I see the press release. Or the leaked memo. Or the leaked comment during a financial report.

Sort of like the one when PWE spilled the beans that Cryptic was working hush-hush on making STO F2P.

Wouldn't be the first time third-hand scuttlebutt was completely wrong or wildly inaccurate.

A totally different game project is far more likely, IMO. Not that I'd be sad if they decided to rebuild STO, as long as most of the core gameplay stays intact.

But an unspecified pwe staffer who's far enough in the loop to know what the secret project is and stupid enough to leak it in Vegas, of all places? Given the way they put the thumbscrews on information these days?

Color me skeptical.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Btw I think the thread title would be more accurate if it said "Captain on Deck" :P
    edited January 2014
    Indeed I believe will be a new project totally new, fantasy maybe.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So, everyone called Stahl as Dan.

Now we've got D'an. :D (Not sure what he likes to be called, but this would be funny)
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome... back, I guess (2011 was before my time with STO).

Anything more than that, good or bad, well; we'll see.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have a bad feeling about this ... (S4 & 5 *ahem ahem*)
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
    edited January 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    So, everyone called Stahl as Dan.

Now we've got D'an. :D (Not sure what he likes to be called, but this would be funny)

False, he is the Emergency Executive Producer Hologram :)
  • mattmiraclemattmiracle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ^what he said. Dev-player communication was cut short after LoR, although we were toled there would be a more open communication. It worked one month and then again a shutdown.

And I don't understand why we need to use external sites of Priority One, Stoked, and any other Blogs and channels to read and listen to interviews.

This always gives me the feeling we are not worth to talk to, or allowed to talk to the Devs.

Organicmanfred,

My understanding is that the communications "blackout" is due to the community in general. During the pre-F2P times, there would be "Engineering Reports" that were out every few months. This would list near-term, short-term, and long-term (ideas) that the team had.

The problem came from the community's expectation that these were "promises" and not a "hey, we are thinking about doing this but these are just what we would LIKE to do." The community was upset that XYZ feature was moved off the list that they were "promised" to get previously.

After F2P and around when DStahl left the EP chair the first time, the communications dropped to the Dev Blogs and they only told the community things that are VERY near-term and did not discuss long-term plans as they change.

Matt
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    False, he is the Emergency Executive Producer Hologram :)

The EPH, huh?
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
    edited January 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    The EPH, huh?

It was his nickname the first time he was EP lol.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome back Stephen, though I still have a slight bitter taste from the f2p fiasco....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So I guess we can now expect another round of questionable decisions Dan doesn't want to be associated with...
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    False.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Heh. I believe you... Based on my own observations.

But...

Past history -- even if it was true, you might not be able to say anything except "false".

We know how this works. :D

You guys ought to stick to the military answer: "I can neither confirm nor deny..."

That keeps people guessing, creates uncertainty, and most importantly eliminates the accusation of falsehood. Let 'em keep guessing, I say. You're not running for political office.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek