Comments

• kaaskrulkaaskrul Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    why did you remove war is good for bussness it was one of best missions
  • captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nagrom7 wrote: »
    Seems like someone doesn't fly science often :rolleyes:

seems someone never reads tool tips and has no power to understand how short is the buff .
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited January 2014

its completly useless .

For you maybe.... 8 seconds is a long time is this game. One can be at full health and dead in less than 8 seconds. Most science powers last about 8 seconds. TBR, for example lasts 10 seconds. So, for 80% of the time The power is active, one can have a monster TBR smashing their targets hull. I've had it done to me from a fleet Dhelan. He combined it with his alpha and I was dead in seconds. It can make some strong powers outright OP. That's not useless. Just because something doesn't fit your play style, doesn't make it useless.
  • neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    seems someone never reads tool tips and has no power to understand how short is the buff .

I would like to know this too, the mission had plot to it, why remove it. More importantly, why remove content at all... SB24 ground... DS9 Fleet Action...Terradome...don't remove them, bring them back. Its like kicking a defenceless puppy when you remove content, all we want is something to play not taken away :'(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Can't wait until shuttle PvP goes live. I'm already thinking of my PvP shuttle build. :D

But the shared cooldown on T5 rep abilities....
    Please don't do that. Unless this global cooldown is much shorter than the individual cooldowns are now, it's going to make the difference between "useful" and "useless" for those abilities. A lot of us would've stopped at Tier IV had we known the Tier V abilities would be relegated to "novelty collector" status, and I'm someone who has all reps maxed out.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Holy Nerftastic Batman!!!!

Making the T5 powers not be affected by Cooldown abilities makes sense. As much as I like it as the CD for the T5 Rep powers is recockulous as it is, I understand you need to make them WIA.

But making them share a global CD?!?!?!

W T F

I'm scratching my head at this. Do you understand that this gives NO incentive to grind to T5 now if I have to chose? The CD is ridiculously long as it is and the abilities themselves often have more situational utility. If so - fine - TRIBBLE Romulan T5 then, since it's power is of the most limited use anyhow.

You have effectively killed one of the most important reasons to grind to T5 rep.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,170 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well I've played some of the revamped FED missions and I like what I have seen so far. The new Paulsen Nebula outpost is way way cool nice job there.

Only gripe. With my BOFF tray missing it is a little difficult in space combat to be effective. I hope this issue is resolved asap.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm not gonna stop saying how ridiculous an idea I think this is.

If you are going to give the abilities shared CDs, fine. But then make the CDs uniform on all abilities. 3-5 minutes at most, and maybe make the shared CD half that. That keeps them within usefulness range without completely demolishing any possible and fragile use they have now.

But a 10 minute CD on something like Defiance? It's insane.

I really don't like it when they do stuff like this. Big, out-of-nowhere change, then ignore all the negative feedback here in the Tribble forum (or so it feels) then they put it live and wonder why everyone in the rest of the forum hate it too.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not loving the 10min cooldown on T5 powers, given the massive grind to get them. Especially the tetryon cascade and its pet swatting. Sigh.

Still, the main thing is PVP UPDATE YAAAAAAYY. Shuttles being better? yayx2.

And finally an update to fed story content also nice. I guess ill hold off levelling my new catian past 14 then till this goes live.

Really looking forward to this.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The long shared cooldown on T5 abilities will be going away. It was the first attempt at fixing the "Tier 5 Rep Powers being affected by recharge reduction" bug, but there's a less disruptive way to fix that bug that we'll be pursuing.
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    The long shared cooldown on T5 abilities will be going away. It was the first attempt at fixing the "Tier 5 Rep Powers being affected by recharge reduction" bug, but there's a less disruptive way to fix that bug that we'll be pursuing.

If it was the first attempt at fixing the cool down bug, why in the same patch notes is there a fix for that problem along with the shared cool down nerf? could be the case that the enormity of the player back lash of the shared cool down has in fact forced the team to back track on the idea?

But everything else looks pretty good the modifications to the inventory/equipment slots work like a charm, so thanks for that one

And at least the PvP'ers gets something new, so that should keep them happy for a few weeks (just hoping certain consoles don't get nerf'd as a result)

Can something be done with reducing the activation times off tray powers? throw in some UI lag and the result is a lot of dead players.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    To be honest the cooldowns are too long as it is, being able to reduce them is fine in my books as it means a bit of interdependency between the classes. As usual that gets frowned upon.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sqwished wrote: »
    And at least the PvP'ers gets something new, so that should keep them happy for a few weeks (just hoping certain consoles don't get nerf'd as a result)

If they nerf ship consoles we paid for more for the console than the ship in an effort to balance shuttle PvP I think the forums really would burn down this time. That said I don't think that's too likely. It would be more likely, IMO, that those consoles would be disabled in small craft PvP maps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

never heard of such a bug, tech doffs weren't doing it i know that
  • kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    never heard of such a bug, tech doffs weren't doing it i know that

I've seen it on the ground with the Dyson T5 and tactical initiative.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If they nerf ship consoles we paid for more for the console than the ship in an effort to balance shuttle PvP I think the forums really would burn down this time. That said I don't think that's too likely. It would be more likely, IMO, that those consoles would be disabled in small craft PvP maps

The change we're considering for the Point Defense System (both phaser and disruptor versions) is to retain the bonus damage vs. small craft only when you, yourself, are not in a small craft. The console was designed to do more damage to targets smaller than you - it does 3x damage to NPC Frigates and 20x damage (though it claims only 10x) vs Shuttles and Fighters. The Point Defense System would be completely untouched for standard-sized ships - it would just no longer gain its damage bonus when you yourself are in a Shuttle or Fighter and your targets are also Shuttles or Fighters. It will still be extremely effective at destroying mines and high-yield torpedoes, as it was designed to do.
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The change we're considering for the Point Defense System (both phaser and disruptor versions) is to retain the bonus damage vs. small craft only when you, yourself, are not in a small craft. The console was designed to do more damage to targets smaller than you - it does 3x damage to NPC Frigates and 20x damage (though it claims only 10x) vs Shuttles and Fighters. The Point Defense System would be completely untouched for standard-sized ships - it would just no longer gain its damage bonus when you yourself are in a Shuttle or Fighter and your targets are also Shuttles or Fighters. It will still be extremely effective at destroying mines and high-yield torpedoes, as it was designed to do.

Will other consoles be seeing tweaks?

Aectons, isometric as a start could be potentially letheal to the enjoyment of small pvp D:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A bit cheeky I know, but I dont suppose you fancy giving us any hints as to what else we can look forward to in season 8.5?
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kalani2 wrote: »
    I've seen it on the ground with the Dyson T5 and tactical initiative.

ah, ground. i haven't done any ground other then winter event since i got tier 5 dyson
    Will other consoles be seeing tweaks?

Aectons, isometric as a start could be potentially letheal to the enjoyment of small pvp D:

ISO could 1 shot a team of shuttles im pretty sure. this is the problem with shuttle pvp, way to many i win buttons. the abilities were designed for full sized ships to use, not tiny little shuttles with completely different hitpoint and dps parameters
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Good!

On a more positive note, I do like the changes done with Combat Supply, Hawk. I've made a thread down in the General Tribble feedback forum about it, and was hoping you might make a couple more posts on what else you are planning with kit powers. It's a good start with this so far, and I think that it should keep going.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Good!

On a more positive note, I do like the changes done with Combat Supply, Hawk. I've made a thread down in the General Tribble feedback forum about it, and was hoping you might make a couple more posts on what else you are planning with kit powers. It's a good start with this so far, and I think that it should keep going.

The buffs really should cancel if the engineer takes the kit off like all other powers do.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited January 2014

Thank you for listening to the feedback. I am genuinely impressed. Keep it up.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Did anyone actually proof read the dialogues in the mission revamps? Because from Quinn in the tutorial all the way through to the last revamp is just numerous spelling and grammatical errors...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • contrarydecisioncontrarydecision Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Did anyone actually proof read the dialogues in the mission revamps? Because from Quinn in the tutorial all the way through to the last revamp is just numerous spelling and grammatical errors...

You may want to direct yourself to that "this is a first pass, not the final version" part of the patchnotes.
  • canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ah, ground. i haven't done any ground other then winter event since i got tier 5 dyson

ISO could 1 shot a team of shuttles im pretty sure. this is the problem with shuttle pvp, way to many i win buttons. the abilities were designed for full sized ships to use, not tiny little shuttles with completely different hitpoint and dps parameters

Given that it hasn't gone live I don't think there'd be much of a genuine backlash if Cryptic just locked out all the non-shuttle special consoles. Hell, it would actually be good from a business perspective as now there's an impetus for people to actually buy shuttles and fighters instead of just going for the EC-purchaseable runabout.
  • ratonhaggedonratonhaggedon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    what was so important about the biochemist? i dont get it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    what was so important about the biochemist? i dont get it
    Me neither. It had a nasty ability to reduce resistances, and that ability became, somewhat less awe inspiring. It's still good.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I'm going to be blunt this console in its present form on holodeck for missions like vault and atmosphere was pretty much a requirement because of the mental aptitude of the average player in a fighter or in anything really.

In all honesty too the shuttle/fighters need to be reworked to work like ships layouts do except give them micro versions of ship skills based upon the size of the craft. Basically though thats why you see ques for the small craft no one ever in them because the design whoever designed it didn't do a very good job at it. Just my opinion but you gotta use common sense and look at the big picture here. Look at your average times it takes a full group to play a pve small craft event. Then look at how many are just an alt account queing just to get it started (then watch them just log out before it starts). After all that then check to see how many of those were moderately successful. Pretty much you'll see they never get played and decent players who know how to play rarely do them. Which is why this pvp thing imo is just going to cause more problems than help pvp. On top of all that as well the point defense for KDF is bugged or what it looks like is someone just did a cut and paste because it says disruptor but it has phaser animation and damage.
  • bobiwanbobiwan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bobiwan wrote: »
    I like the idea behind the quick-equip feature, but it needs changed.
    Single click should bring up the menu - and double-click should unequip the current item and close the quick-equip menu entirely.
    As it is now, it's clunky and annoying, in practice doing the opposite of what this feature was intended for - waste time.
    I hate to bump, but this is going to be very very very annoying for most of the player base if left like that live on holodeck.
    Any news of making the suggested change, or reconsidering the implementation?
    Unequipping an item leaving a floating menu hanging about requiring it to be manually closed is really difficult to not get annoyed by.
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The answer to the console problem is simple (probably not simple to carry out). Disable all consoles for all PvP.

In one act you'll make PvP more fun, won't have to tolerate us stomping our feet and whining, less rebalancing would be needed (less dev time taken up) and less PvPer vs PvEer tensions when it comes to consoles.

It's a win for everyone.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse