test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - January 10, 2014

Comments

• cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Best update in months.. thanks cryptic, but dont let it be the last thing we see about PVP.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.36.20140108a.2

Systems:
    • Powers:
      • CPR now more reliably heals a nearby ally when activated. However, it can no longer be interrupted by player movement.
      • Nukara Reputation's Cryo Immobilizer Module now properly respects resistance and immunity to immobilize.
        • Willpower and other Root resistance powers will reduce the duration of the root.
      • The cooldown on the Tier 5 Reputation abilities from both Nukara and Dyson reputations are no longer affected by cooldown reduction abilities.
        • All Ground T5 Reputation Abilities now share a cooldown timer.
        • All Space T5 Reputation Abilities now share a cooldown timer.
      • Resolved an issue that was causing "Tactical Advantage" (the Offensive Tier 4 Dyson ability) to attach its tooltip to all items in the game.
        • This is a display change only. The power has always only affected abilities which actually deal outgoing damage.
      • Engineering Kit - Combat Supply has been changed to periodically create buffs for nearby allies.
    • Traits:
      • The FX associated with the Subspace Manipulator Trait are now easier to see through when you are not being directly affected by the power.
      • The damage inflicted by Orbital Devastation may now benefit from the buff provided by certain Diagnostic Engineer duty officers.
      • Resolved an issue with the Teamwork Trait that was preventing teammates from benefiting from the extra Exploit Damage.
        • Also removed the 50-meter range limitation - this power now affects the entire player team regardless of distance (though they must still be in the same instance to benefit).
    • Duty Officers:
      • The debuff applied by Biochemist Doffs has been re-designed:
        • This debuff no longer stacks.
        • The duration no longer scales with Duty Officer Quality, and is always only 5 seconds.
        • The Resistance Reduction now scales with Duty Officer Quality:
          • White = 10%
          • Green = 20%
          • Blue = 30%
          • Purple = 40%

Biochemist, Cryo Immobilizer Module, Subspace Manipulator, and Defiance stacking fixed all in the same patch? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUZEtVbJT5c
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Biochemist nerfed to derp. There goes the last chance of any sci officer doing any damage on the ground, now its healing only.

No KDF costume fix, and a nerf on the alraedy too long cooldown reputation abilities?

Who let the nerf herders loose?
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • darkelipse04darkelipse04 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What is the purpose of a global cool down on T5 Reputation abilities?

Were we somehow "abusing" these abilities? I don't get it...

I'm fine with change...but what's the reason for this?

Just another dumb reason for the masses to skip the reputation system/grind system.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rrincy wrote: »
    New pvp content .. I think hell just froze over

January 8, 2014. It's official. Hell has frozen over, quite literally. http://nation.time.com/2014/01/08/its-official-hell-has-frozen-over/
    In news certain to have scorned suitors everywhere dousing themselves in cologne, Hell has officially frozen over - the tiny hamlet in Michigan, that is.
    Yes that is a real town in the U.S.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    • Attack Pattern Beta: This Attack Pattern no longer gains extra stacks from some torpedoes and mines.
      • Any given player can apply only one stack to any given target.

What about hangar pets with APB? Obviously they're not torpedoes or mines, but the "any given player can only apply one stack" worries me.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes that is a real town in the U.S.

Hell is in Michigan, Heaven is in Ohio, and Purgatory is in Maine. Honestly, of the three - I just don't get the Ohio one....
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Biochemist nerfed to derp. There goes the last chance of any sci officer doing any damage on the ground, now its healing only.

No KDF costume fix, and a nerf on the alraedy too long cooldown reputation abilities?

That damage was out of control, you could one shot an entire group with that. Good fix.
    And my main, second and third character are Sci, so..

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    can we have a pvp mode that require tier 2, and another tier 3 ships? id be 10 times more interested in that then shuttle pvp. not that i dont tremendously appreciate the work put into adding shuttle pvp!

look forward to trying out those new leveling missions too, this definitely is justified being called the season 8.5 patch!
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.36.20140108a.2

NEW FEATURES:
    PvP:

• Small Craft Arena
      • A new arena has been created for small craft.
      • This is a 5v5 queue similar to other space PvP arenas.
      • This will be the first PvP queue which allows mixed faction teams to fight against each other.

[/LIST]

Holy TRIBBLE! Cryptic is adding something to PVP!!! :eek:
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hell is in Michigan, Heaven is in Ohio, and Purgatory is in Maine. Honestly, of the three - I just don't get the Ohio one....

And Intercourse is in Pennsylvania. What's your point? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercourse,_Pennsylvania
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Dyson Rep Helmet Armor glow FX fix eta?
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've gotten a chance to play the updated "Stop the Signal" and I can honestly say its much improved. They removed alot of unneeded sections that were just long and us flying around, added lots of Boff pop ups of them just talking like officers. And significantly streamlined it over all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • ashtakuashtaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Let me start out by saying that this looks like a good patch, really a great patch overall. I have some concern about some of the mechanics changes, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

I'm curious though, devs, can you give any insight into why "War is good for business" was removed? This mission has a total of 100 accolade points in it between the four accolades and I always thought it was a pretty fun mission.
    edited January 2014
    And Intercourse is in Pennsylvania. What's your point? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercourse,_Pennsylvania

Was kind of clear...I don't get the Ohio one. :rolleyes:
    webdeath wrote: »
    Holy TRIBBLE! Cryptic is adding something to PVP!!! :eek:

Hopefully they get some good feedback on the xfac aspect...
    Please go test it out on Tribble! Let us know if it's fun, if queueing mixed-faction for faster queue times is fun, etc. :)
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What about hangar pets with APB? Obviously they're not torpedoes or mines, but the "any given player can only apply one stack" worries me.

This change only affects targetable torpedoes and mines, which were copying the player's copy of APB when used and applying an extra stack with that copy. Shuttles and Fighters that actually use APB themselves remain unaffected.

Long term, I think it'd be healthier balance if that wasn't the case, and applications from extra sources extended the duration of the debuff rather than adding another stack of magnitude - but changing anything like that was too disruptive for this content patch, and the impact of any change would have been really hard to evaluate in light of how the power was (buggily) interacting with things like the Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo or other multi-projectile powers or items.
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That damage was out of control, you could one shot an entire group with that. Good fix.
    And my main, second and third character are Sci, so..

That is not true. Unless you spent an inordinate time debuffing the "group" before attacking them.

By the time you spent debuffing them, a tactical can easily just slaugher the lot so..... yeah, out of control in your dreams.

At least they nerfed it before I got a spire kit.... that would have been a big waste.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This change only affects targetable torpedoes and mines, which were copying the player's copy of APB when used and applying an extra stack with that copy. Shuttles and Fighters that actually use APB themselves remain unaffected.

Long term, I think it'd be healthier balance if that wasn't the case, and applications from extra sources extended the duration of the debuff rather than adding another stack of magnitude - but changing anything like that was too disruptive for this content patch, and the impact of any change would have been really hard to evaluate in light of how the power was (buggily) interacting with things like the Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo or other multi-projectile powers or items.

Are you sure that hyper plasmas were applying betas? If it were the case, then my romulan tac toon would be applying *a lot* of betas, rather than the one she was applying.
    I did however notice my sci toons dropping 4 or 5 betas at a time when photonic fleet was active at the same time as beta.

I agree that torpedos shouldn't be dropping betas themselves, but wouldn't photonic ships in theory be able to use attack patterns>
    I need a beer.

edited January 2014

Although I know some folks out there will cry foul, the idea of extending the period of the debuff rather than the magnitude of the debuff definitely sounds like a more healthy balance. The sheer amount of debuffs that folks can stack on a target now is one of the largest increases to damage in the game...cause it's "the" final modifier - after everything is said and done, damage is applied to damage reduction/damage resistance...and with it being negative, you can be looking at major damage buff that's taking place after all the critical severity has been accounted for...
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've gotten a chance to play the updated "Stop the Signal" and I can honestly say its much improved. They removed alot of unneeded sections that were just long and us flying around, added lots of Boff pop ups of them just talking like officers. And significantly streamlined it over all.

Was it this mission where I must fly through this thick soup and scan 5 objects and then beam down to this Klingon Base?

Boy... I hate this mission
  • mightyleptonmightylepton Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Seriously? A PvP update? wow.

Too bad my expectations will probably expect this to simply be a copy paste job of Briar patch or the other boring maps. But oh well, its a start.
    Read the book of the Rihannsu.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A global cooldown on all rep abilities....it is not logical.

They don't do anything remotely like the same thing. A global can interfere with a major save on the ground. For instance using the Dyson ability, followed by the Omega ability when your team has been wiped and you're being focus fired on.

It's an unnecessary nerf. In truth the Nukara Tetryon ability needs a massive damage buff for the cooldown. Or have it degrade the enemy shields like a Tachyon Beam III in addition to the damage. Something meaningful.
    tpalelena wrote: »

:D Nerf Herders :D
    can we have a pvp mode that require tier 2, and another tier 3 ships? id be 10 times more interested in that then shuttle pvp. not that i dont tremendously appreciate the work put into adding shuttle pvp!

look forward to trying out those new leveling missions too, this definitely is justified being called the season 8.5 patch!

I'd love that idea, but I've been considering dumping my lower tier starships lately. I mean, I don't use them, and keep them around mostly for nostalgia. For the C-Store ships it isn't a problem as you can just reclaim, but for the ships you earn leveling up, dismissing them and repurchasing them can cost a hefty chunk of dilithium.

EDIT: I apologize, I forgot to say how awesome I think the quick equip idea is, an excellent quality of life improvement, thank you.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited January 2014

sounds like a good idea, the infinite stack of beta 3 (form elite tholian pets for example), it destroys hull resistences. Add some full buffed DEM's to the ecuation and u have instant vapes with shields at 100%
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So this must be the start of 8.5, unexpected, good stuff!
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Updating tribble and copying over the main now >_>

We shall see how this shuttle pvp really is.

Shuttle PvP better be best PvP.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • daelosprimedaelosprime Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So where's the fix for turning off auto-equip? That is my bane currently and I've lost more EC than is funny because of that.
  • yiumdanoeyiumdanoe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This has been fixed for a while now...

edit: ...for some twisted reason though, lol - I kind of miss the steps of faith - there's no ground, just walk!

Really then 2 days ago it was broken again.....
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    • Small Craft Arena
      • A new arena has been created for small craft.
      • This is a 5v5 queue similar to other space PvP arenas.
      • This will be the first PvP queue which allows mixed faction teams to fight against each other.

[Genetic Resequencer - Space Trait: Precise] will be the new requirement.
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    yiumdanoe wrote: »
    Really then 2 days ago it was broken again.....
    actually, it was never really fixed, I think. I tried the mission after they said it was, but there was no diff

I don't mind that 'black hole', personally, but I did want to see if that was the case. It wasn't :)
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Was it this mission where I must fly through this thick soup and scan 5 objects and then beam down to this Klingon Base?

Boy... I hate this mission
    I can say that it's better now than it was before, it's more linear, I guess you can say.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.