test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - January 10, 2014

Comments

• nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I disagree with the posts about physicist Science officers being useless without the broken biochemist doff. It was always possible to build one that could burn through anything and deal massive damage. The biochemist made it so anyone could simply equip one doff and deal crazy damage with no sacrifices.
  • cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    john98837 wrote: »
    Some good changes, and 1 really bad one.

There is absolutely no reason these abilities should be being nerfed like this, they already have extremely long timers on them to begin with. 15 minutes if I recall correctly for both romulan and omega rep abilities, something less for dyson and nukara. It's not like these abilities stack up in some OP way, they don't even interact. On the ground we are talking about a damage increasing buff vs a team heal, and in space a cloak and sci ability buff and a tetryon weapon.

While I don't see any reason they shouldn't be effected by CD reducing abilities I know they were never supposed to be and accept that as a bug fix and not a nerf, the global CD however is a very large and nerfing that will mean choosing which one to use knowing you may not be able to use the other because of a global cd.

Completely agree with this. On top of that, these abilities are supposed to be a reward for completing a reputation. By locking multiple reputation abilities into a shared cooldown, you are effectively reducing the reward by half.

• rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cant really test the new PvP queue if no one comes over and queues. >=/
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    May we change the rep bonuses back to the normal CD please?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Mirror Universe Ship Requisition Packs : 150,000ec

Time to buy a bunch of the cheap ones again, then...
  • jadensecurajadensecura Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The T5 Rep global is dumb, of course. These are abilities I already barely use because their cooldowns are so long and their effects so minimal, and now they're going to be that much worse. But the really bad part of this is the Biochemist changes. I mean, maybe, maybe stacking was a problem, although I find that hard to believe, but I use a Medic kit myself, so maybe I'm wrong. But slashing the duration by more than 90%? Are you kidding me? Scis are supposed to be a support class, setting up enemies for others to kill and healing their allies so that they don't get killed. A 5 second debuff is a debuff that helps no one but the user, except in cases of the most extreme coordination. In a pug team, fighting more than one enemy (which is to say, in the vast majority of game experiences), that's just not a useful supporting capability.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The cooldown on the Tier 5 Reputation abilities from both Nukara and Dyson reputations are no longer affected by cooldown reduction abilities.
    All Ground T5 Reputation Abilities now share a cooldown timer.
    All Space T5 Reputation Abilities now share a cooldown timer.

AH ****! Why!?

Well, whatever. Not like I used them all at once...ever. :P
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    oracle54 wrote: »
    You know, this Quick Equip thing sounds quite interesting...at first. After a bit of thought though, the general consensus in my fleet is "Why?"

I'm not saying it isn't a cool bit of tech, but when you can already double click an item to have it instantly equipped, how much use does the new system really have.

The idea is to make it easier to swap ships.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I also don't like the idea of having global cooldowns on the tier 5 reputation abilities. It's bad enough they can take 9 minutes or more before we can use them again. Also the patch notes make no mention about how long the global cooldowns are. If using 1 ability, how long will the other go into cooldown? The full normal cooldown? Or will it be like the emergency power to x boff abilities where it has a half cooldown?

The reason I can think of for this change is because of the dyson rep tier 5 ability. It's basically like go down fighting but for ground combat. When your health is low you can use it to boost your damage for a short time. I guess they don't want us letting our health get low then suddenly use the tier 5 omega ability to fully recover our health without losing the dyson buff. But the tier 5 dyson Defiance buff also heals you over time.

I would like an explanation as to why they made the change and more specifics about it. Simply saying "new global cooldown between tier 5 rep abilities" isn't going to cut it.
  • opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We get a new PvP map??!

This is THE SINGLE GREASTEST THING you guys have ever done for PvP since launch.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

That is all.
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Was it this mission where I must fly through this thick soup and scan 5 objects and then beam down to this Klingon Base?

Boy... I hate this mission

Yes. Its much shorter and less angry. And Engineers can beat the first map even faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • alphaomega1500alphaomega1500 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So let me get this stright.

Season 8.5 is updating the some early Fed missions to kinda match the new Federation character intro setup. They just added recently.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Season 8.5 is updating the some early Fed missions to kinda match the new Federation character intro setup. They just added recently.

Yes. It's putting it in line with the new quality missions of the other 2 factions.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I think what they did was try to match the early Fed episodes to be more in line with the romulan and KDF early episodes. In my opinion they got those 2 right the first time. So it only makes sense that with a revamped Fed tutorial, they bring the experience in line with everything else.

What harm could it do? *ducks while rocks are thrown at him* Aside from a few (millions j/k;)) of bugs that come with it, I think it's great they're working on the older content. As always, you don't have to do any of the episodes if you don't want to.

I probably will do them just to see what was changed. :)
  • matthewboss31matthewboss31 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lol welcome to using only one t5 ability per pve mission, quantum singularity manipulation it is. no need to keep the other in the tray.
  • zntechzntech Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It would be good to allow us delete outfits, it is just one button DELETE
    and the problematic & bad outfits are gone.
    Global cool-down is stupid idea ppl spent lot of resources to get T5 and now to get this its stupid ,
    some of yours devs are get to high with drugs to think out something like that
    In the beginning there was all and then become nothing

I AM PISSED OFF AFTER 3 YRS. I STILL CAN'T USE OR CHANGE OR DELETE OUTFIT IN 3 OF 5 OUTFIT SLOTS ON MY KLINGON TOON !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014

Yes, but it's one of the many things coming in 8.5 -- this patch does not include everything. Stay tuned!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm really interested in the new changes to combat supply. If someone on tribble could make a note to check that out and post some feedback or a rundown of it, there's at least one person in the community here who would read and appreciate your effort.
  • jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't see why the t5 rep abilities shouldn't be able to use in tandem. That makes no sense.

Also retrofitting a mechanic that has existed for 3 years and has become a focal point of certain builds and playing styles is extremely poor foresight. Tinkering should be done a week or two after the mechanic has come out. After it being out for 3 years, regardless of whether or not it meets your original vision, it has ceased to be a "bug" and became a feature.

FAW is already shot to hell because of your tinkering, wouldn't want apb to end up the same way.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    • The mission "War is Good for Business" has been removed.

Why is this?
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes, but it's one of the many things coming in 8.5 -- this patch does not include everything. Stay tuned!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Nerfed T5 Rep Abilities

Nerfed Biochemist doff

Talking about nerfing APB and crippling recluses

I'm not sure how much more of S8.5 I can take.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.36.20140108a.2

Content:

• Many Federation episodes have been revamped to improve the quality and pacing.
      • These changes apply to the following missions:
        • Stranded in Space
        • Diplomatic Orders
        • Hide and Sneak
        • Stop the Signal
        • Researcher Rescue
        • The Kuvagh'Magh
        • Treasure Trading Station
        • Secret Orders
        • Task Force Hippocrates
        • The Ultimate Klingon
        • City on the Edge of Never
        • Past Imperfect
      • The mission "War is Good for Business" has been removed.
      • Captains who have already completed these episodes will not be required to replay any but do have the option to as has always been the case.
    • The replay reward for "The Vault" now has a plasma based weapon for Romulan captains.
    • Defeating enemies now counts towards completion of "Patrol T'liss System".
    • Defeating enemies now counts towards completion of "Patrol Rhi System".

What happens to the accolades you can get during the mission "War is Good for Business" now it's no longer in-game? A couple of them appear to be in circumstances which don't currently appear anywhere else.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    shuttle pvp is the pvp im the least interested in, but its one hell of a milestone that its now an official game mode, pretty incredible really. i hope this attracts scores of players to the very concept of pvp, but with how some console abilities are so completely over the top powerful in shuttle vs shuttle, that really needs to be a priority to address. even locking some console out of shuttle use entirely, or different functionality on shuttles.

Yes--especially the Point Defense console--it is death incarnate against shuttles due to the x10 modifier. The x10 should remain for NPC shuttles (including ones summoned by Photonic Fleet or Fleet Support), but be reduced to x1 or x2 against players.
  • skyecolyoskyecolyo Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Aggh, it's been over a year now! Please get the damn KDF uniform problem fixed!
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The quick equip is a brilliant feature. thank you for that, it will make things so much easier.
  • captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Feedback report :

OMG PvP!!!! :eek::D
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    • All Ground T5 Reputation Abilities now share a cooldown timer.
    • All Space T5 Reputation Abilities now share a cooldown timer.
    [*]Engineering Kit - Combat Supply has been changed to periodically create buffs for nearby allies.

Two things. First of the cool downs from using the omega and Romulan rep T5 abilities make the powers a one hit wonder for most missions so they're all but unless. So who came up with the great idea of putting them all on shared cool down? you need your head looking at, because its a stupid idea! And I think most people on here will agree with me on that.

Secondly The Engineering kit - combat supply was mentioned in the thread concerning the kit revamp, so is this all thats come from it or is there more to follow?

Just more thing if you want to nerf something then nerf the activation delay on tray powers because if I have a power available then I want to be able to use it and not have to click on it multiple times before it activates.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• allenscottallenscott Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Those T5 reputation abilities took quite a grind to unlock. 15 minute timers on them was already a slap in the face. I rarely bother using them, as anything with a timer over 5 minutes is tactically worthless. What on Earth would possess you to think they need nerfing!? If you are going to make them share a CD, then at least reduce their cd to something reasonable so we can actually make use of them often enough to justify the amount of time it took to unlock them. :(

There has been far too much nerfing and dulling down in STO lately. If you were to ask older players than myself, I'm sure they would say it has been following that pattern for far longer than my 1.5 years here. Why not STOP nerfing things, and take a good look at all the underpowered, underutilized and broken mechanics in the game and bring the performance levels up to match what you view as OP!? Wouldn't that make gameplay in STO far more dynamic and exciting? Extremely long CD's do NOT do this. Pathetically low 1% proc rates do NOT do this. Dulling does NOT retain player base.

At the core, STO is a great game (or could be, depending on how you scrutinize it). I've had a lot of fun with it. I've even overlooked the very non-trek feeling "I'm Starfleet, I must shoot everything that moves" issue. I've tried my best to find the fun in grinding for my end game goodies (though it has really burnt me out for awhile). Please don't let this obsession with nerfing everything go any further. It's time to start buffing as much as possible because, let's face it, buffing is way more fun!
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Next patch notes Attack Pattern Alpha will get a shared cooldown with Brace For Impact, makes about as much sense as adding a shared CD to the T5 abilities.
  • abrookfield82abrookfield82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Good to see a PvP update... great patch notes except for the shared Tier 5 rep cool down. Seriously? Why? They don't stack and they already have huge cooldowns of their own.