test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Holiday Commodity / Event Rewards Feedback

Comments

• aveimperatoraveimperator Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Lucky for me, there's absolutely NOTHING from this Winter Event that I actually want! No grind for me :)
  • sabettesabette Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My drops weren't much better, I only managed to get in once. We killed Yeti, saved 2 freezing gingerbread men and 2 council members, I think I got 4 ornaments total. Also the Boss bugged by jumping behind the fence making him untargetable, 3 of the party dropped, the other 2 of us ran back to the beginning then all the way back through and he respawned so we could kill him, but it took a while with one gun and one using snowballs.
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I pretty much soloed the Snowboss at the end yesterday before the patch.... even then the whole thing was only about 9 or so minutes....

Gotta love a huge snowblower....
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • willomallywillomally Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am most disappointed that the dev's didn't carry over the token system from the summer event hopefully they will change over for next year. In order to make things go a little more smoothly for those of us who don't have the time to mindlessly grind away they need to increase the drops for both the bajoran gratitude beads and andorian slea bells. I have a mountain of common commodities but less than a handful of the uncommon ones. :(
    [SIGPIC]

Look at the pretty mushroom grow
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    With around 6 colony, I only manage to earn around 2green items. I did the optional everytime.

Also, and I think this is really STUPID, but when you fight the yeti, there is a gift on the ground you can pick up, and it will earn you a recipe (which rewarded 1 green item when I did it). However, and this is the worst idea ever, once someone have taken it, nobody else can take it, and the reward is not shared. Nobody care about the yeti, we all try to be the first to take the present on the ground.

The special recipe should be awarded for the whole team if you defeat the yeti, and not the guy who was cunning/fast enough to pick it first. It's a team event...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Or you can do the Doff missions, which grant plenty of uncommon winter commodities on crits, over multiple toons. It's not as fast as digging through the snow, but you can do it while you're offline.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    With around 6 colony, I only manage to earn around 2green items. I did the optional everytime.

Also, and I think this is really STUPID, but when you fight the yeti, there is a gift on the ground you can pick up, and it will earn you a recipe (which rewarded 1 green item when I did it). However, and this is the worst idea ever, once someone have taken it, nobody else can take it, and the reward is not shared. Nobody care about the yeti, we all try to be the first to take the present on the ground.

The special recipe should be awarded for the whole team if you defeat the yeti, and not the guy who was cunning/fast enough to pick it first. It's a team event...
    Well, one of the dev posts regarding this mission claims that everyone should be able to get it. thus the current behavior is a bug.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, one of the dev posts regarding this mission claims that everyone should be able to get it. thus the current behavior is a bug.

I find that hard to believe, given that they've already implemented the pac-man system into Dyson. Before that, they had RANDOM SINGLE gear drops (with the turn-in stuff, I mean) in STFs, and before that we all had to roll for the ONE SINGLE [Borg] drop. It's ALL about pitting us against each other in some form or another. Even making it random doesn't make it fair, nor does it give incentive to play more. Player envy is probably the only thing keeping this game going.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah I get the feeling they want us to work an not give us " presents ", also stupid question coming your way, how do you get a gingerbread pet, an where is the yeti ( done the invasion once today an was distracted, where is it? ) cheers.
    edited December 2013
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    Yeah I get the feeling they want us to work an not give us " presents ", also stupid question coming your way, how do you get a gingerbread pet, an where is the yeti ( done the invasion once today an was distracted, where is it? ) cheers.
    The yeti is a reskinned Mugato. The gingerbread mission is very similar to colony invasion, and the Yeti is found in the same place you find the Mugato in colony invasion. But instead of a wide alleyway, there's a rather small door. it's near where you fight the snow baron.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Oh cheers, never done the colony invasion so don't have a reference point, will look at that next time. Where do you get the gingerbread " pets " from?
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited December 2013

That's good to hear as I also thought this was rather annoying.
    willomally wrote: »
    they need to increase the drops for both the bajoran gratitude beads and andorian slea bells. I have a mountain of common commodities but less than a handful of the uncommon ones. :(

I must agree, and why can't we get the stuff from snow piles anymore?
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I completed the recipe for jamja fudge. But I didn't get any jamja fudge. I got the common commodities instead. Is this intended?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• captcokecancaptcokecan Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I completed the recipe for jamja fudge. But I didn't get any jamja fudge. I got the common commodities instead. Is this intended?

Some of the recipies will drop the food (it shows in the reward list for undertaking the mission) whereas others will simply drop the winter event commodities, it seems. Same here, Jamja Fudge did not drop anything (and was not listed in the rewards) yet Last Year's Fruitcake dropped 6 of them (and did list in the rewards).
    Hey I just vaped you, and this is crazy;
    But here's my frequency, so hail me maybe?
    edited December 2013
    I've completed 2 recipes, glazed targ, and gree-worm cookies.

both times I got a few commods and a small item stack. Which kinda surprised me as that is a new food item.

Did you make sure they didn't go into your item slots or overflow bag?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've completed 2 recipes, glazed targ, and gree-worm cookies.

both times I got a few commods and a small item stack. Which kinda surprised me as that is a new food item.

Did you make sure they didn't go into your item slots or overflow bag?

No, it's not there. I did notice that the actual item is not listed as a reward. Just thought that was strange. I got the rewards for tranya balls.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, but if you get crits on the holiday doff missions inside the wonderland, you can get both common and uncommon commodities.

http://i.imgur.com/FJDig0r.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/30O5eIw.jpg

Get those doffs to work. I funded half of my first snow gun this way.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    erei1 wrote: »

So much this... I've done the invasion at least a dozen times and have yet to get a single recipe. If it's intended, then it's stupid.

p.s. fix the exchange already lol... how many months is it going to be this time?
    Yes the uncommon commodities are far too uncommon to even meet the demands of the costs the items require of them. The main problem is there are no reliable means to gather them and almost all the sources of commodities don't reward the uncommons. The pie eating contest never rewards uncommons. The gingerbead colony mission never rewards uncommons except in the reward box at the end which is uncommon even then. The half hourly snowman battle is the best sources of the uncommons but only at a 40%ish chance.

They need to drastically improve the sources of uncommon drops and the reliability of them dropping as well. Its far to grindy right now for the demands of the store. In the summer event it wasn't hard to get a improved jetpack. It shouldn't be taking 5-7 days just to earn enough to get a snow gun based on a average players 4-5 hours a day of playtime.
    edited December 2013
    No, it's not there. I did notice that the actual item is not listed as a reward. Just thought that was strange. I got the rewards for tranya balls.
    Hmm... maybe that recipe is bugged. :(
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • andrestartrekandrestartrek Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yup, same for me, I lost interest in all the winter event has to offer. I only go for the breen ship and will ignore the rest of the winter event. With this kind of drops it is no fun playing.
    edited December 2013
    Has anyone been able to breed Winter Tribbles yet?

Using Tribble of Borg and [Last Year's Fruitcake] and having no luck.

Not that I blame them, fruitcake is nasty...
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Has anyone been able to breed Winter Tribbles yet?

Using Tribble of Borg and [Last Year's Fruitcake] and having no luck.

Not that I blame them, fruitcake is nasty...

Use a generic white tribble, not a unique one. That's your issue. And maybe the fact that it's not a current event item is causing the problem too.

On topic - yes, it's WAY too hard now to get the tokens needed without turning the entire event into a 35 day long grind. I can't imagine the pain the new players must be going through if they want everything.

Makes me glad I DID get everything last year. I have so much less to get now.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I got a notification saying I found a hidden recipe, but the chef guy isn't letting me redeem it
    edited December 2013
    predcon wrote: »
    I got a notification saying I found a hidden recipe, but the chef guy isn't letting me redeem it

Do you actually have the hidden recipe in your inventory?

If not you experienced the bug most Winter Invasion runners hope Cryptic fixes soon - the hidden present goes to the first to find it, and not the whole team.
  • sadarsasadarsa Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The drop rates are TRIBBLE... i'm sure some of you are getting lucky but hell... i've been grinding this TRIBBLE since it started and i still havnt gotten enough to buy a snowball gun... let alone anything i actually want.

Pie eatting? not 1 single uncommon and i've done it so much i have it down to a science..

Winter Invasion? nope not a single one... and i've been queing up as soon as it's ready..

Only thing that's been dropping them is killing the snowman at the frozen lake... and even that only has a 15% chance it seems

someone else mentioned something and i agree, i think that the Winter Invasion mission should have at least 1 guarenteed drop from it... or at least a vastly increased drop rate from that last boss...
    (yes we've killed the yettie everytime and no dice there either)

so i'm saying TRIBBLE on it... i'm gonna get my Bat'leth and then quit with anything but the daily race, not worth the effort for stupid TRIBBLE that doesnt even bloody work after the event is over with anyway!
    edited December 2013
    sadarsa wrote: »
    The drop rates are TRIBBLE... i'm sure some of you are getting lucky but hell... i've been grinding this TRIBBLE since it started and i still havnt gotten enough to buy a snowball gun... let alone anything i actually want.

Pie eatting? not 1 single uncommon and i've done it so much i have it down to a science..

Winter Invasion? nope not a single one... and i've been queing up as soon as it's ready..

Only thing that's been dropping them is killing the snowman at the frozen lake... and even that only has a 15% chance it seems

someone else mentioned something and i agree, i think that the Winter Invasion mission should have at least 1 guarenteed drop from it... or at least a vastly increased drop rate from that last boss...
    (yes we've killed the yettie everytime and no dice there either)

so i'm saying TRIBBLE on it... i'm gonna get my Bat'leth and then quit with anything but the daily race, not worth the effort for stupid TRIBBLE that doesnt even bloody work after the event is over with anyway!
    wow, bad luck on your end. :( I've managed to get about 15 of each of the uncommons so far. I've gotten them from:

1: Snowman hunter; the more damage you do to the snowmen, the more items you get. Granted this is problematic when all you have is snowballs, but using tab to cycle targets works out ok.

2: holiday themed doff missions; these only give commods on a crit, but they give uncommons relatively often.

3: the winter invasion; I've gotten uncommons from the fight itself, as well as the blue box you get at the end.

But yeah... I don't think I've seen a single one from pie eating.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    Use a generic white tribble, not a unique one. That's your issue. And maybe the fact that it's not a current event item is causing the problem too.

On topic - yes, it's WAY too hard now to get the tokens needed without turning the entire event into a 35 day long grind. I can't imagine the pain the new players must be going through if they want everything.

Makes me glad I DID get everything last year. I have so much less to get now.

You can't *sniffle* imagine that pain.....

I have thankfully been fairly lucky with drops, got a gumdrop gun, and a scarf (Those plus the Breen ships is all I wanted) so lucky for me I don't want much, my fleet mates...
    They feel the true pain of these low drops
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • domvinadomvina Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I was prepared to praise Cryptic for adding a Holiday event that was both fun and did not eat up a great deal of time so we could still play the actual game. Then I experienced the drop rates for the uncommon items. *headdesk*

I could understand if the items you bought were some game changing items but it's just cosmetic stuff. It's ridiculous to put such a huge gate on them.

Unless Crypic is run by Scrooge or The Grinch.

Is it? :confused:
  • zordar01zordar01 Member Posts: 318
    edited December 2013
    So I ran a bunch of the Gingerbread missions, a bunch of pie eating contests, killed rampaging snowmen, and doffed on my eight alts. I put the spoils of said activity in my account bank and here's what I've got:

Roughly 34 each of the candles, ornaments and incense, 25 earmuffs, 0 sleigh bells, 1 gratitude bead, and 0 recipes. After farming the winter event for about 3-1/2 hours on all my alts I can't even buy ONE gun for ONE alt. I do, however, have a frozen lump of coal on two characters now, so yay for me. :rolleyes:

This event may be a holiday in a communist country, but it's no vacation here. In order to get anything worthwhile I either have to spend a load of EC or grind like a goldfarmer.

The drops rates for uncommon items is going to get fixed, right Cryptic?
    Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!