Install Arc
Options

Why do Pve'ers fear a pvp revamp?

1131415161719»

Comments

• Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2013
    No revamp is happening folks. Why mess with the arms race which fuels all the PvP P2W sales and wallet warrior's egos.

PvE doesn't even count since you can do nearly everything in game with MK X Blue / Purple gear straight off the exchange @ 50.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,541 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    westx211 wrote: »
    He wasn't saying that by pvping you're worthless he was saying that there are many pvpers who are and I think he means real pvpers not casuals who occasionally pvp.
    Horse Pucky! Now you're trying to define what a PvPer is!

You, Sir, Madam, or Otherwise, have no need to try to explain to me what a PvPer is. I have eyes I can read and play STO. I have a brain. I can think for myself, TYVM.

He was obviously trying to generalize and paint people with a very broad brush of hyperbole so he could more easily fit them into his narrow little pigeonhole views.

I highly resent the implications he made about my friends who PvP. He knows nothing at all about them yet he inferred in public they were worthless. Simply because they PvP. No other reason. It was very rude. Worse, it was bad form and damnably uncivilized.

As to the, "there are many PvPer's who are" rubbish; There are far fewer than these forums would have us believe. There are just as many PvEer's who match in all the particulars the stereotype he so wrongly portrayed.

Your logic is flawed. Your defense of someone so indefensible is weak. The fact you even attempted to do so calls your judgement and common sense into question.

I don't PvP. But I will defend someone who does from such a harshly worded and wrongheaded opinion. Why? Simple. They play STO. And if I have to explain it any further than this, you'll never get it, will you?
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This thread is pretty nasty.

cyas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    patrickngo wrote: »
    People generally hate having their flaws thrown in their face.

Course not. But it's a great way to judge someone when it happens. :D
  • Options
    blackcat#6894 blackcat Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    *pokes head in*
    I am a PvEer of sorts, in that I almost never PvP outside of casual ones with my fleet. This is because, being the averageish player I seem to be, I usually get my ship blown into space dust with the quickness in open PvP. I can't be bothered with macros or 250milion EC ship builds. I dance through Omega Elites with relative ease, and with a few exceptions I cant take most STF Elite NPCs on my own.

I welcome a revamp of PvP, that may make it so I could be more competitive in said modes.
    I'm sure there are elitists out there who may bash me for my play style, but that's what they put the "ignore" button in for. As for the "worst" people being in PvP, I have to disagree. Even after showing my lack of uberness in a PvP match, I always get at least a "good game" if not a "keep trying, youll get better."

Sure, theres people who whine that I'm useless to my team and such forth.. but they are the minority, and always get ignored. The worst STO has to offer? I would say quite a few of those "type" of people spend their free time aboard Earth Space Dock. (Not meaning that the majority of people on ESD are those "type" of person, just that ESD is where I encounter the most of them at once.)
    This post brought to you by the one known as Kay.
    DISCLAIMER!
    This post is not meant to flame, judge, insult, accuse, bash, or an any form offend any who may or may not read it. Unless it is, in which case this disclaimer is invalidated. Cheers!
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ryan0davis wrote: »
    *pokes head in*
    I am a PvEer of sorts, in that I almost never PvP outside of casual ones with my fleet. This is because, being the averageish player I seem to be, I usually get my ship blown into space dust with the quickness in open PvP. I can't be bothered with macros or 250milion EC ship builds. I dance through Omega Elites with relative ease, and with a few exceptions I cant take most STF Elite NPCs on my own.

I welcome a revamp of PvP, that may make it so I could be more competitive in said modes.
    I'm sure there are elitists out there who may bash me for my play style, but that's what they put the "ignore" button in for. As for the "worst" people being in PvP, I have to disagree. Even after showing my lack of uberness in a PvP match, I always get at least a "good game" if not a "keep trying, youll get better."

Sure, theres people who whine that I'm useless to my team and such forth.. but they are the minority, and always get ignored. The worst STO has to offer? I would say quite a few of those "type" of people spend their free time aboard Earth Space Dock. (Not meaning that the majority of people on ESD are those "type" of person, just that ESD is where I encounter the most of them at once.)

This world needs more people like you.
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    AN honest question after reading so many comments from people saying no pvp update ever!

I never understood how people find it a challenge to destroy stupid npc's who do the same thing EVERY TIME and are so vocal against a pvp fix. As a mostly pvp'er myself i don't care when pve stuff gets added so why the hel should they care if pvp gets an update they don't even have to play it c'mon on you guys have had 8 seasons!!! can we have one?

Indeed, how about we get something more than just bugfixes? A thorough balance pass through the gametype would be more than welcome if they won't do anything else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    havok966havok966 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If this has already been posted in here, forgive me! ;)

Real simple what I would love to see if it came to a revamp for PVP. Parts of the map being able to flip from one side to another after fighting over them.

Let all of you work out the kinks and which areas this would happen in. Just as long as the bottom line = sectors of space could change ownership!

Kind of how the Star Fleet Command 2 maps were set up. Or at least something along those lines. Anything better than what is on here now. queue, wait, fight, done, next? repeat.... I guess that's fun for awhile, but I want some meat on my bone please!
    What's in your grind?
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    How 'bout a guy who beats up lawyers?

Depends, was the lawyer on my retainer? If no then a Single Malt.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think this thread has run its' course now. Many of the replies range from snarky to nasty and it's not improving a whole lot. And people are forgetting that they aren't supposed to reply to posts that they think are flames or trolls in the first place.

So, I'm closing this thread down with my trusty [Wide Angle Forum Phaser Mk XIV [+Mod][-Flames]].

"ZAP!"

For future reference please remember that it helps a great deal when posts which violate the PWE Community Rules and Policies are not responded to and are reported via submitting a Forums and Website Ticket (click here).

If you think any of your posts within a thread have violated the PWE Community Rules and Policies, please edit your posts before a moderator takes action.

If you feel you need to get in touch with PWE BranFlakes to discuss the actions taken by any Community Moderator, you can do so by submitting a Forums and Website ticket (click here).

Live Long and Prosper,
    Bluegeek
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.