test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dyson Joint Command Rep

Comments

• scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Protonic Polaron weapons sound like we may actually have something that deals Proton damage - you know, the stuff the Subspace Field Modulator makes you more vulnerable to, and the damage type that the Tholian Web Generator console does?
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Did you guys see...
    The damage resistance powers gained from the reputation aren't affected by the diminishing returns curve. So it should be granting you a flat bonus or really close to it.
  • praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Did you guys see...

So Tier V is literally a 20 second God Mode?
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Did you guys see...

To be fair, 5 points ain't exactly a lot, diminishing returns or not.

Besides, it's either 5 points of resist to hull or health, or 10% crit severity.
    praxi5 wrote: »
    So Tier V is literally a 20 second God Mode?

Somewhat, but only on the ground. Tier 5 power is ground, not space.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • ziggydsziggyds Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »

you also have t4 scaling from 0-75

The Evil Queen - Tac - Hobo
    John May Lives - Sci - Hobo
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Besides, it's either 5 points of resist to hull or health, or 10% crit severity.

75 on the other hand is quite a bit (Tier IV).

A poorly designed power is a poorly designed power, regardless of whether it's for the gameplay realm nobody gives a damn about.
  • nx15nx15 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wow...

I mean, wow...

This is just... wow

First 6 space doffs, and now this?

Ouch.. PeeVeePee just got stabbed and on its way to the hospital right now..

We don't know if he's gonna make it, poor TRIBBLE..
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Be sure. Be damn sure. Id hate to see this fight given up because one person SPECULATED its a ground power based on the word "health"

We need someone to get granted tier 5 by a dev or something to confirm it is in fact a ground ability.

The tooltips for all of the others are just as questionable. Only one of them flat out says its a space ability (the nukara one) the other two have a very generic description and one is space one is ground
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Did you guys see...

so let me get this strait, if you have over 25% resistance in everything, and your at about 1% health, would you then have 100% resistance, and thus be unkillable? most my characters have well over 30 res, im sure im not alone. if a flat 65% is added, will people stop taking damage once they get to about 10% hull?

this passive needs to be nerfed down to 25%, like the damage passive is. or lobotomized out of the game, wile we all pretending it never existed.
    edited October 2013
    Be sure. Be damn sure. Id hate to see this fight given up because one person SPECULATED its a ground power based on the word "health"

We need someone to get granted tier 5 by a dev or something to confirm it is in fact a ground ability.

The tooltips for all of the others are just as questionable. Only one of them flat out says its a space ability (the nukara one) the other two have a very generic description and one is space one is ground

i saw a dev post that stated it was ground.

its times like these that everyone should be watching dev posts like a hawk
    edited October 2013
    i saw a dev post that stated it was ground.

its times like these that everyone should be watching dev posts like a hawk

Fix the dev tracker >=/

Forum = huge. :(
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    edited October 2013

Gorn confirmed it.
    The Tier 5 power is a ground power. Also keep in mind that looking at ground power tooltips while in space will increase the value as space tables are wildly different. The inverse is true for looking at space powers on ground, they will look very...anemic.

Thanks for testing!
    Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski
    edited October 2013
    so let me get this strait, if you have over 25% resistance in everything, and your at about 1% health, would you then have 100% resistance, and thus be unkillable? most my characters have well over 30 res, im sure im not alone. if a flat 65% is added, will people stop taking damage once they get to about 10% hull?

this passive needs to be nerfed down to 25%, like the damage passive is. or lobotomized out of the game, wile we all pretending it never existed.

Have to wonder if it won't act like a replacement. Kind of like the 3pc secondary Borg thing works, eh?

As in it will put you at 75% regardless of where you are. If you're at 0%, you're at 75%. If you're at 50%, you're at 75%. If you're at -20%, you're at 75%.

Hrmmm, probably a question for Gorngonzolla...

Since I'm not Gold and not testing, I've been trying not to reply in any of those threads - just mentioning things in OPvP or over here so folks that are part of the testing can raise those questions...
    edited October 2013
  • talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
    edited October 2013

The whole S8 thing has kind of left me not wanting to do anything outside of the Cataclysm stockpiling thing for Dil and Fleet Marks.

More Cores, even Rep Cores...possibly other ships...the potential changes to Rep for alts.

Yeah, I fly in circles around the Entity and DOFF. Well, I did do a Die25 in Ker'rat with a Vo'Quv sporting shiny shoot me shields - needed to do something different.
  • aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Have to wonder if it won't act like a replacement. Kind of like the 3pc secondary Borg thing works, eh?

As in it will put you at 75% regardless of where you are. If you're at 0%, you're at 75%. If you're at 50%, you're at 75%. If you're at -20%, you're at 75%.

Hrmmm, probably a question for Gorngonzolla...

Since I'm not Gold and not testing, I've been trying not to reply in any of those threads - just mentioning things in OPvP or over here so folks that are part of the testing can raise those questions...

It does say 0-75 resist rating. Not a percentage. I am at tribble right now and looking at the description. So it is kind of like a few neutroniums.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
    edited October 2013
    I'm still curious about what this means. Probably won't get an answer until they drop out the test vendor and folks post about it...but given that YellowGreen list matches the standard secondary set of two weapons and a console, then that SandyBrown list looks like the return of the 2+2. Which leaves me wondering if they're going to break out Cores for Omega/KHG/AKHG/MACO/AMACO/Borg/Romulan/Reman....

...which before they broke out the Fleet Cores, they said they didn't want to return to the 2+2 (and thus the Fleet Cores but no Rep Cores at the time).

Equipment Projects: All MK XII Very Rare

Tier II - Dyson Deflector Array (Space Set)
    Tier III - Dyson combat engines (Space Set)
    Tier IV - Dyson Hyper Injection Warp Core/Singularity Core (Space Set)
    Tier V - Dyson Regenerative Shield Array (Space Set)

Equipment Projects: All MK XII Very Rare

Tier I - Console Universal Proton Particle Stabilizer
    Tier II - Gravimetric Photon Torpedo Launcher
    Tier IV - Experimental Proton Weapon
    edited October 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    So because it's ground no one cares anymore? So now the deal is like: "I mean ground pvp, what the heck is that?"

Er, are you talking about the numbers viewed from space as opposed to ground or something else? Cause you have to view ground numbers on ground and space numbers in space...cause if it's looking at ground in space or space on ground, it's looking at the wrong numbers.
    edited October 2013
    Looks like the T1/T2 wasn't working right...
    It turns out this buff wasn't scaling as well as it should have, it was diminishing faster than was intended. In short, the damage resistance rating granted will translate to more damage resistance %.

Good catch

Regards,
    Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski

...hrmmm, things could get complicated discussing things in this thread instead of the other, eh? Ends up being a case of quoting from there to here...meh.
    edited October 2013
    A poorly designed power is a poorly designed power, regardless of whether it's for the gameplay realm nobody gives a damn about.

Oh I ain't denying that. It's gonna still be a beast of a power. I mean, basically a ground version of GDF with a super-boosted version of Vascular Regenerator without the cleanse aspect with a MASSIVE health resist for any class?

That's big.

Especially for non-tacs. Sure it'll help out tacs, but engies and scis (ESPECIALLY scis) on the ground can keep themselves alive very easily and don't have as many raw damage boosts compared to a tac, so they will see a bit more use out of it IMO.

Heh, and I thought my engineer hitting for like 1000+ damage on enemies with Orbital Strike was big before.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
  • queue38queue38 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just updating the Tier V power with ground values.

Tier V Ground power, Cannot be used until your health is under 50%, to self, +25.3 health every 2 sec for 20 sec, +33% all damage for 20 seconds, +1,000 all damage resistance rating for 20 sec.
    I am @allenlabarge in game :D
    edited October 2013
    Still makes you completely invulnerable. 1000 damage rating AND a long term HoT of that size = yep that dude aint dying anytime soon.

And a damage boost to boot.

*sigh*
    Gold.jpg
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Still makes you completely invulnerable. 1000 damage rating AND a long term HoT of that size = yep that dude aint dying anytime soon.

And a damage boost to boot.

*sigh*

Cryptic should really reduce the +1000 damage resistance to +100 damage resistance, otherwise it will bring an unarmored player to +73% all damage resistance. No amount of damage resistance debuffs will counter this ability. The rest of the ability, 25.3 health/2 seconds and +33% all damage for 20 seconds is perfectly reasonable.

Now as for Tier III/IV, you basically have a choice between +0-25% damage resistance based on your own hull, or +0-25% all damage based on your target's hull. Tier I/II will be easy, +10% Critical severity will be an easy choice for everyone.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    So because it's ground no one cares anymore? So now the deal is like: "I mean ground pvp, what the heck is that?"

Cryptic cares more about ground than Space. I mean they dedicated a whole season to just a ground update once...
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I was wondering when Cryptic was going to close the loop on Proton damage.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3099268

May have to put my Ophidian Cane and the Subspace Field Modulator away for a bit; those -400 Proton resistances could hurt.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • tron4eternitytron4eternity Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    maicake716 wrote: »
    Cryptic cares more about ground than Space. I mean they dedicated a whole season to just a ground update once...

I am sorry please forgive I have to say this. Whatever drugs you are doing please hook me up! Have you done ground pvp season 7 or later?

That season 4 ground update updated a few powers, changed a few weapons, changed the hp and shp, and updated the base dmg on all the weapons. This was the biggest change and overall was fairly successful until they broke and added so much other bs to ground pvp.

The biggest fail to come out of the season 4 update was the new shooter mode which is totally non playable in pvp and pretty damn useless in pve. When I see people in stf runs using shooter mode I quickly pimp slap them out of it. Main reason is you can't cover your flank as easy in shooter mode. Shooter mode is only useful 1 percent of the time in pvp and only if you can toggle it on and off fast for it's few specific uses.
    edited October 2013
    Browsing some of the images out there, I'm still left to wonder if we're going to see Cores added for the current sets or not. The Dyson stuff has 2pc, 3pc, and 4pc set bonuses...which means the return of a form of the 2+2. Could you imagine if you could 2+2 with the other sets again...hrmmm...
    edited October 2013
    I have a feeling no.

Or if they do, they will shift the bonuses on the sets to be 3 piece and 4 piece bonuses to avoid it.

So even if you wanna run say...

MACO shields
    Borg engines
    Borg deflector
    Borg warp core (if they add one)

You'd still only get what is considered the current 2 piece bonus: Namely the hull heal thingy.

Maybe, in order to not make people feel SOL, they may add new two piece bonuses, possibly nothing along the lines of what the current two piece stuff is, so any of the 'nicer' bonuses would require more pieces.
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Browsing some of the images out there, I'm still left to wonder if we're going to see Cores added for the current sets or not. The Dyson stuff has 2pc, 3pc, and 4pc set bonuses...which means the return of a form of the 2+2. Could you imagine if you could 2+2 with the other sets again...hrmmm...

Its only a 3 piece set, it just gives you a choice of Singularity core or warp core as you obviously can't use both.