test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dyson Joint Command Rep

queue38queue38 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PvP Gameplay
Just thought I would put the info out there for anyone that can't get onto tribble right now.

Store Unlocks: All MK XII Very Rare
Tier I, Science Console Shield Refrequencers
Tier II, Protonic Polaron Ground Weapons
Tier III, Engineering Console Energy Signature Dampeners
Tier IV, Protonic Polaron Space Weapons
Tier V, Tactical Console Auto Targeting Module

Equipment Projects: All MK XII Very Rare
Tier I, Dyson Heavy Combat Armor(ground set), Console Universal Proton Particle Stabilizer
Tier II, Dyson Deflector Array(space set), Gravimetric Photon Torpedo Launcher
Tier III, Dyson Experimental Proton Beam Rifle(ground set), Dyson combat engines(space set)
Tier IV, Dyson Hyper Injection Warp Core/Singularity Core(space set), Experimental Proton Weapon
Tier V, Dyson Reactive Personal Shield(ground set), Dyson Regenerative Shield Array(space set)

Ability:
Tier I, Ground, +10% Critical Severity or +5 All Damage Resistance Rating
Tier II, Space, +10% Critical Severity or +5 All Damage Resistance Rating
Tier III, Ground, Scaling Damage Resistance rating based off your health +0-75 or Scaling damage buff based off of current targets health +0-25
Tier IV, Space, Scaling Damage Resistance rating based off your health +0-75 or Scaling damage buff based off of current targets health +0-25
Tier V Ground power, Cannot be used until your health is under 50%, to self, +25.3 health every 2 sec for 20 sec, +33% all damage for 20 seconds, +1,000 all damage resistance rating for 20 sec.
I am @allenlabarge in game :D
Post edited by queue38 on

Comments

• khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hurrah!

YOU get a tac buff. YOU get a tac buff. YOU get a tac buff. And YOU ALL GET A TAC BUFF!!

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    "Tier V power, Cannot be used until your health is under 50%, to self, +1,500 health every 2 sec for 20 sec, +33% all damage for 20 seconds, +1,000 all damage resistance rating for 20 sec."

So a rep version of go down fighting (on crack?)

Imagine a tac using BOTH together, oh my god.

And actually tier 4 is just as nuts. You do more damage to them the lower they get? Thats.... whacko.

Dyson rep is going to be crazy as hell for tacscorts.

Romulan crit build tacscorts.... are going to be crazy crazy powerful with this rep. Straight up bonkers powerful.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • queue38queue38 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    "Tier V power, Cannot be used until your health is under 50%, to self, +1,500 health every 2 sec for 20 sec, +33% all damage for 20 seconds, +1,000 all damage resistance rating for 20 sec."

So a rep version of go down fighting (on crack?)

Imagine a tac using BOTH together, oh my god.

And actually tier 4 is just as nuts. You do more damage to them the lower they get? Thats.... whacko.

Dyson rep is going to be crazy as hell for tacscorts.

ya if you think about it it should put you at 75% resis, so with 750 heal a sec you should be able to take 3000 dps without your hull dropping at all.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    queue38 wrote: »
    ya if you think about it it should put you at 75% resis, so with 750 heal a sec you should be able to take 3000 dps without your hull dropping at all.

Imagine a romulan tacscort with high crit (20%)

You nail him down to 20% hull, he pops singularity jump and cloaks... and then hits GDF and this rep ability.

Decloaks on you with now +33% damage from the rep, +15% damage from the ambush, +xx scaled damage from the GDF buff, has a massive self heal on, a huge buff to his crit severity (tier 2), double stacked resistance buffs from the rep AND from GDF if they took the trait, and he starts doing more damage to you as you drop under 25% yourself (tier 4)....

You talk about alpha striking NOW? Wait til you see what a rom or high crit build is gonna be able to do with that.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well it would seem unless they make some major changes to pvp as in REMOVING rep from PvP...... don't think we need to say it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I like new sets. Sets are good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well it would seem unless they make some major changes to pvp as in REMOVING rep from PvP...... don't think we need to say it.

But dude...dinosaurs...lasers...
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

You nail him down to 20% hull, he pops singularity jump and cloaks... and then hits GDF and this rep ability.

Decloaks on you with now +33% damage from the rep, +15% damage from the ambush, +xx scaled damage from the GDF buff, has a massive self heal on, a huge buff to his crit severity (tier 2), double stacked resistance buffs from the rep AND from GDF if they took the trait, and he starts doing more damage to you as you drop under 25% yourself (tier 4)....

You talk about alpha striking NOW? Wait til you see what a rom or high crit build is gonna be able to do with that.

Rylan, don't forget about non-tac Romulans doing almost the same thing. Think about it, a Romulan sci basically having their own almost-an-APA/GDF as well. Do the same thing as the above, and while they might not be a tac with APA and GDF, they are still gonna have a Sensor Scan and this rep bonus running along with all the other stuff Romulans get. It might not have as much punch as a tac, but it's still gonna hurt.

Y'know, we've all been saying that defensive power creep has been going up a lot these past months...well, we got our wish: Offensive power creep.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
    edited October 2013
    Equipment Projects: All MK XII Very Rare
    Tier I, Dyson Heavy Combat Armor(ground set), Console Universal Proton Particle Stabilizer
    Tier II, Dyson Deflector Array(space set), Gravimetric Photon Torpedo Launcher
    Tier III, Dyson Experimental Proton Beam Rifle(ground set), Dyson combat engines(space set)
    Tier IV, Dyson Hyper Injection Warp Core/Singularity Core(space set), Experimental Proton Weapon
    Tier V, Dyson Reactive Personal Shield(ground set), Dyson Regenerative Shield Array(space set)

Was the above perhaps a typo? Maybe not space set for the Core...but rather just space? Cause if there's 4 pieces...uh...um...hrmm...they said they wanted to avoid doing anything like that because of the return of the 2+2.

Hrmmm...
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    But dude...dinosaurs...lasers...

You have a point... seriously though if Cryptic isn't going to pick up this IP... I might just have to. How much you think Metal will sell the rights for. I mean almost 30 years old and the division is long since shuttered. lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpuhLkh358Y
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
    edited October 2013
    Anybody know if Geko's affiliated with Splitscreen Games in anyway?
  • hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
    edited October 2013
    Not as worried about Tier V, ill-concieved as it is, since it should be on a ten minute cooldown. Tier 4 scaling resistance passive looks particularly terrible as it will contribute to yoyo damage and healing with no upside. I guess it's a bit of a nerf to FAW boats and pressure damage though...
  • ehrlehnehrlehn Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    if you dont have one of the purple aux to dampers doffs that gives +40% energy damage resistance, you might want to invest in one now. holy TRIBBLE.

Derrick - Fed Eng
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited October 2013
    Wtf are they thinking? Seriously ... do they even think about anything except how to keep people grinding and paying for TRIBBLE. I am really starting to hate this company for what they are doing to this Trek game.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    OMG, those rep powers. :eek:

Protonic Polaron sounds like polaron proc + bonus crit severity? Or should that be Antiprotonic Polaron, lol?

Stats on the space/ground sets available yet?
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I find myself unphased by Season 8's share of game-breaking abilities, or the lack of "Just wait till X season, PvP update babe!" Lies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You have a point... seriously though if Cryptic isn't going to pick up this IP... I might just have to. How much you think Metal will sell the rights for. I mean almost 30 years old and the division is long since shuttered. lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpuhLkh358Y

YES!!! lol I remember that show lol
  • queue38queue38 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Was the above perhaps a typo? Maybe not space set for the Core...but rather just space? Cause if there's 4 pieces...uh...um...hrmm...they said they wanted to avoid doing anything like that because of the return of the 2+2.

Hrmmm...

I could be a typo but I didn't make it. I check 3 times to be sure lol
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I could be a typo but I didn't make it. I check 3 times to be sure lol

Looks like you need 3 pieces to get the first bonus then. Or like Warcrack, every 2 pieces gets a tier.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i hope they didnt get these passive ideas from reading my fed and kdf boff thread. the scaling of damage and res was part of what i proposed for boffs to have, but only if you had all 5 boffs of these types did i think magnitudes close to this high should be the result. but all you have to do here is choose 1 passive, with no other opportunity cost. 1 passive capping hull res by it self though, thats crazy. i never thought id see something like that
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Pretty sure it's a ground ability, with it referring to health and all.
  • hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
    edited October 2013
    bareel wrote: »

Well, the tier 4 space ability also uses the word health, and 1,500 health every 2 seconds doesn't make a lick of sense for a ground character.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    hurleybird wrote: »
    Well, the tier 4 space ability also uses the word health, and 1,500 health every 2 seconds doesn't make a lick of sense for a ground character.

It does if the tooltip was displayed on a space map. It does that for all ground skills when viewed on a space map.
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    hurleybird wrote: »

Fair enough, but we already have two space abilities from rep and that ability would be extremely idiotic in space for the reasons stated already and many more so I am foolishly giving Cryptic the benefit of the doubt for this one.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    To be fair, the 'health' might just be placeholder text for the time being.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited October 2013
    Well....glad I don't PvP for this complete game breaking fustercluck to kick off, hate to say it but a lot of people complained they couldn't kill because of massive healing, well you got your wish.

Makes you wonder where all this will go. Maybe they're running it into the ground for quick cash grabs by selling all sorts of stuff or maybe it's just to panda to the very casual so they can feel like bad***es for completing elite content.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is it ok to get mad at too many activated rep abilities yet?
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Subnuc for all at T5 of the S9 rep?

Place your bets now.
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bareel wrote: »

Yeah, looking at the icon itself seems to indicate it's a ground ability.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2013
    OMG, those rep powers. :eek:

Protonic Polaron sounds like polaron proc + bonus crit severity? Or should that be Antiprotonic Polaron, lol?

Stats on the space/ground sets available yet?

I hope they're good. Polaron and tetryon weapons need some love from the developers.