Install Arc
Options

Next Two Factions

13»

Comments

• Options
    mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We need a Deferi faction! Allied with the Mizarians. That's right, I said it! I want to play a faction of space wimps!

(And no, I didn't mean it. And yes, I'm running and hiding now. ;) )

Someone had a neat "civilian" faction/subfaction idea... Deferi would be fairly suitable as a part of this. The only thing is, The Deferi, believing in the Balance as they do, wouldn't realistically go out and blow up anything unnecessarily. I could see them mercilessly smashing Tholians to bits, due to their constant interdimensional attempts to mess everything up everywhere, however blowing Feds or Klingon warriors up would be against their way, as it would be interfering with the (dynamic) Balance.

And as of the Cardassian issue of being not allowed to have a war-capable star navy as of right now, Thankfully, since nothing has really been mentioned about the ingame, the game story writers could easily just handwave all of this stuff with some excuse...
  • Options
    ztstrikeztstrike Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    1) Not giving the ability to play the Tal Shair over this stupid fed/Klingon split was beyond silly.

2) Adding another Faction until 2015 is simply asking for trouble.

3) Borg Faction: OH HELL NO!

4) Dominion: I could/would/will support them as the next faction. The dominion is a very unexplored part of star trek lore. They are far larger and more powerful then the federation, controlling many more worlds and races.
    -ZT Strike
    sapyroth wrote: »
    "Come play STO free-to-pay! Lag'yer TRIBBLE off and get a migrane!! Yeehaa!":eek:
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    this^^^^^^^ if borg dont want them that says alot about them as a spices but then again would borg take pakleds ??????? the universe may never know!!!! :)

Of course I could see the Kazon being forced on some group as punishment. Or the Federation would gladly accept them because they are gluttons for punishment. Always sticking their nose in other people's business and making life harder for themselves because "it is the right thing to do."
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    mvp333 wrote: »
    Someone had a neat "civilian" faction/subfaction idea... Deferi would be fairly suitable as a part of this. The only thing is, The Deferi, believing in the Balance as they do, wouldn't realistically go out and blow up anything unnecessarily. I could see them mercilessly smashing Tholians to bits, due to their constant interdimensional attempts to mess everything up everywhere, however blowing Feds or Klingon warriors up would be against their way, as it would be interfering with the (dynamic) Balance.

And as of the Cardassian issue of being not allowed to have a war-capable star navy as of right now, Thankfully, since nothing has really been mentioned about the ingame, the game story writers could easily just handwave all of this stuff with some excuse...
    Well the Deferi would act aggressively to balance out the aggressive behavior of their neighbors. they prefer not to, but they are willing to use violence to preserve the balance.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    radagast75radagast75 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    I seriously doubt anyone would gladly accept the Kazon. They don't even make good slaves. If the Borg wouldn't even bother with assimilating them when they assimilate almost everyone, then no one would.

All in that list fall to same category, poor birg just accidently assimilated member og house Duras and the collective was doomed ;)

Of Dominion, i can see why players would want this. After all many players seem to have need to compensate for lack of real life grandness with major game biggots. What ever the thing is, getting Dominion to playable faction is plain silly. You could never be changeling, no player could comprehend how to be one right. Other than that, you only would be able to play Vorta or Jem'hadar but then you would be one forced to play as they behave under the rule of great link and no player would accept that. Player would just make them ridiculous exept those really roleplaying them like they should but cant see that happen either.

Seeing how people would want to play all the bad guys which really are infor a epic fail every time they do something tells much of persons :)
    Captain Hunt, at your service!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You want to end the war between the Federation and Klingon Empire?

A story line where the Dominion has found a way to push back into the Alpha Quadrant. They see the division of the quadrant and the shattering of the old alliance as a weakness and it's time to pay back. Old incursions by the Borg, Undine, and the wasteful war between the former allies have inflicted chaos, destruction, and a weakening of all the major powers. Romulus is gone and the old might of the Romulan Star Power is faded, fractured, and full of infighting. The opportunity is there for the Dominon. They WILL NOT hold back this time.

Federation - Klingon - Romulan Alliance, balled up into 1 "faction."

Dominion - Full fledged, independent faction. Canon Dominion ships to include new designs for STO. PVE missions to bring glory to the Founders. Playable Vorta, Jem'Hadar, and maybe Changeling races. Full canon uniform options, to include those made for STO NPCs.

Bring the one power back into the game that literally brought the entire Alpha Quadrant to its very knees and close to collapse. Show us the full military might of the Dominion war machine.

Just crazy thoughts from some Star Trek fan.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Actually they'd be the least likely, seeing as Cryptic has stated "no evil factions." So actually, the next faction would likely be the Detapa Council Cardassians.

some would say the federation are an evil faction. the kdf are the good guys to the kdf any one that opposes them would be their enemy and therefore seen as bad guys to them and any one that supports them. also more recently the federation has developed the 'avenger battle cruiser'. sounds to me the so called peace loving federation isn't so peace loving any more. perhaps they are now also an evil organisation or have been all along. :eek:

one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter. either way i'd love to see playable cardassians added to the game be it detapa council or true way. perhaps the time line needs to progress for sense to be made of just how they can be added to the game but also much more in the game as well.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    reyreyzero wrote: »
    I for one didn't really like the Romulan Republic (at first). I would have preferred to play as Tal Shiar, but I know Cryptic has stated the weren't going to create any "evil" factions. However, what's considered to be good or evil is really a matter of perspective. By this reasoning, I think as Cryptic expands their map to feature areas within the Gamma and Delta quadrants. The next two factions should be the Dominion and the Borg (the two most evil TRIBBLE forces in the ST universe). The Dominion faction would be separate from the True Way as will the Delta quadrant Borg from the Alpha quadrant Borg (possibly a splinter group).

The Dominion Faction:
    Playable - Changeling, Vorta, Jem'Hadar, Cardassian, Breen, Son'a, Hunter/Tosk, and Dosi.
    Non-playable - the Hur'q.
    Main Hub - Possibly a Dominion starbase orbiting the former Founder homeworld in the Omarion Nebula.
    Ships - Jem'Hadar, Cardassian, and Breen. (namely the ones that haven't been pilfered for lock boxes).

The Borg Faction:
    Playable (with the option of being liberated) - Talaxian, Kazon, Ocampa, Vidiian, Hirogen, and Trabe.
    Non'playable - The Swarm and the Hierarchy.
    Main Hub - Borg Prime.
    Ships - Borg designs and possibly liberated Kazon, Vidiian, and Hirogen.

I found this concept map online which features the other two quadrants:
    http://fav.me/d6pxaq4

I realize i'm probably not the first to have this idea, I just wanted to bring it up I guess.

i think a borg faction is simply a bad idea.

i think a dominion faction would be nice. but unlikely. maybe trueway with alpha jem'hadar might be more likely. i guess it will all depend on how they actually make cardassians playable.

the devs have so much still to do with the alpha and beta quadrants it seems rather foolish of them to desperately take us to the delta quadrant. i'd like to see more story from the tholians/breen/cardassians and undine before going to the delta or gamma quadrants
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    wazzagiow wrote: »
    i think a borg faction is simply a bad idea.

i think a dominion faction would be nice. but unlikely. maybe trueway with alpha jem'hadar might be more likely. i guess it will all depend on how they actually make cardassians playable.

the devs have so much still to do with the alpha and beta quadrants it seems rather foolish of them to desperately take us to the delta quadrant. i'd like to see more story from the tholians/breen/cardassians and undine before going to the delta or gamma quadrants

dev have all ready said no to a borg faction only hugh like if they are to do one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Cryptic is not going to let players play terrorists - especially since Cardassia is a protectorate of the Federation and asking for membership in this timeline.
    Actually they'd be the least likely, seeing as Cryptic has stated "no evil factions." So actually, the next faction would likely be the Detapa Council Cardassians.

Heres a thought

The detapa lead cardis join the feds

the true way cardis join the KDF

how that works is the KDF openly recognises the true way as the legitimate cardassian govt in exile and pledges support to restore them to power not unlike how they are with the roms as such an alliance is forged between the true way and KDF now that the KDF recognises them as the true cardassian govt in exile.

They do that to counter the detapa lead cardis entering the war on the federations side its a political move aswell as military and would make sense.

That scenario solves the issue of the true way being terrorists it makes them in the eyes of the KDF a govt in exile trying to get their homeworld back from a governing body that the KDF can call terrorists the detapa council.

So in short both the feds and KDF would be backing a cardassian faction they both recognise as the true govt of cardassia.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I really don't see the KDF allying themselves with honorless TRIBBLE like the True Way.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I really don't see the KDF allying themselves with honorless TRIBBLE like the True Way.

Its a political move and one the KDF would be forced to take if the cardis lead by the detapa council fully alllied and joined the war on the side of the federation.

If the KDF didnt they would be at a disadvantage due to the cardassian ships and technology the federation would gain via the new full alliance by the feds and detapa council.

So the only course of action the KDF could take is legitimising the true way and making them allies so to not be at the disadvantage.

It may not be the most honroable course but its one that any warrior in his right mind would know to take you never want your enemy to get an advantage over you no matter if that means a little dishonor.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    im going to ask something not trying to troll or any thing but do yall really think if Cardies do come they are going to be done any way different than the romulans
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    im going to ask something not trying to troll or any thing but do yall really think if Cardies do come they are going to be done any way different than the romulans

Honestly dan? no its just common sense that cryptic will just do the exact same thing heck they even said if they do a new faction its going to be the exact same thing as the roms.

but hey one can wish right? :D
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    but hey one can wish right? :D

i know i just dont want ppl to set them self up for something going to be a big let down
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    i know i just dont want ppl to set them self up for something going to be a big let down

lol yeah kinda like when we all learned the romulans were going to be a faction and everyone including myself was all geared up for the RSE and got...bajorans in romulan skins :(
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The last I heard Cryptic was pretty set on putting another faction in the game. It was some of the the worst news I ever heard, there was no poll asking if another faction would be wanted. It'd just be an excuse to pump out a bunch of sub par, rushed c-store ships.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    cidstorm wrote: »
    The last I heard Cryptic was pretty set on putting another faction in the game. It was some of the the worst news I ever heard, there was no poll asking if another faction would be wanted. It'd just be an excuse to pump out a bunch of sub par, rushed c-store ships.
    Cid, if you read this thread, you would see that, unlike yourself, many other players would be happy to play a fourth faction.

In the case of the Romulans, they did in fact do a poll about it. Guess what the results were? :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Cid, if you read this thread, you would see that, unlike yourself, many other players would be happy to play a fourth faction.

In the case of the Romulans, they did in fact do a poll about it. Guess what the results were? :P

I know about the old Romulan poll and I love my Romulan characters. My point is that is that the Romulans were a confirmed desire for a lot of people but Cryptic won't take the time to ask if we want another faction because of how successful LOR was. It's a big risk for the company IMO, and based on what I saw with LOR it wouldn't even be done properly.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    cidstorm wrote: »

no. the last word was another expansion. but they said expansion means a faction or a major game change. they still haven't added a faction anyway. it was a fRaction of what it should have been. the game remains a 2 faction game. to me that just limits it rather than expands it. so it was much less of an expansion as they would love to claim it actually was. LOR was just a big update added playable romulans/remans ships and playable content. some of the content was years overdue.

i personally don't ever expect anything the actually expands the game in a major way. we will be lucky when we get territory control and story line progression. they will i expect label 2409, becoming 2010 as an expansion.