test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Problem claiming event ships on other characters?

qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
edited February 2016 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
i recall previous years where players where unable to claim event ships on some or all of their other characters. while i had thought this was corrected, after finally finished my 2014 Dyson Science Destroyer project (very grateful they allowed us to use this years tokens to complete it) i was only able to claim it on the character that completed the project. i received no message about it being unlocked on other characters, and it remains greyed out as an option on all the rest.

has anyone else experienced this same issue, and/or heard anything regarding this issue from the devs?​​
tYld1gu.gif?1
TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
Post edited by jodarkrider on

Comments

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Sounds like a bug, better write a report and send a ticket.
  • Options
    dvirbldvirbl Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    i encountered the same thing and i know there are threads on this in the bugs section so your'e definitely not alone there
  • Options
    thanks guys.. put a report in, also checked a few other threads, not a recently renewed issue either, there seems to be players who are still affected from previous events.

with nothing in the new patch notes, either as a fix or as a known issue, i'm guessing its very low on the list of things to do :(​​
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    I had to claim it on another character and it said unlocked for everyone. Try going to the rep store and.scrolling down to the bottom. I did it on my Romulan Main and claimed it on my Reman Alt after turning it in on my main.
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    A friendly reminder - Game bugs are not to be posted in the General Discussion. Given the traffic this forum category gets, it is likely to be overlooked. I'll move it for you to the bug-section of the forums. Send a ticket, just to be sure, too. Good luck.
    /Moved
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    semalda226, i'm not sure what you mean. did you meant that you completed the rep project on 2 characters before it unlocked it for you on everyone? if that is so that is not an option for me since i only had the rep project on the one that i finished it on.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    My KDF-aligned Romulan has the Event Ship Reclaim issue. She cannot reclaim the following ships which I have unlocked and have active in other characters:

Ferengi Nandi
    Kobali Samsar
    Krenim Science Vessel
    Breen Dreadnought
    Breen Sarr Theln
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    My KDF-aligned Romulan has the Event Ship Reclaim issue. She cannot reclaim the following ships which I have unlocked and have active in other characters:

Ferengi Nandi
    Kobali Samsar
    Krenim Science Vessel
    Breen Dreadnought
    Breen Sarr Theln

that really is properly annoying!! :weary:​​
    tYld1gu.gif?1
  • Options
    ultimatenewbieultimatenewbie Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    I'm experiencing the problem as well, but only with the Dyson Science Destroyer (also, thanks for letting us use the current event tokens to go back and fix it...)
  • Options
    semalda226 wrote: »
    I had to claim it on another character and it said unlocked for everyone. Try going to the rep store and.scrolling down to the bottom. I did it on my Romulan Main and claimed it on my Reman Alt after turning it in on my main.

unfortunately that is the problem, i cant claim it on any other character, which i think is the same for @dvirbl :(​​
    tYld1gu.gif?1
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I'm experiencing the problem as well, but only with the Dyson Science Destroyer (also, thanks for letting us use the current event tokens to go back and fix it...)
    same here, never had any issues with previous ships.
    A friendly reminder - Game bugs are not to be posted in the General Discussion. Given the traffic this forum category gets, it is likely to be overlooked. I'll move it for you to the bug-section of the forums. Send a ticket, just to be sure, too. Good luck.
    /Moved
    sorry totally missed your post, thanks for fixing my blunder.​​
    tYld1gu.gif?1
  • Options
    correct @qziqza, i am in the same situation exactly, apart from the alt i actually completed the project on no one else of my alts can claim it, and i was so excited to actually complete it after 2 years and claim my first event ship ever and this happened :disappointed:
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    dvirbl wrote: »
    correct @qziqza, i am in the same situation exactly, apart from the alt i actually completed the project on no one else of my alts can claim it, and i was so excited to actually complete it after 2 years and claim my first event ship ever and this happened :disappointed:
    yeah its harsh, i actually just bit the bullet and dismissed my Dyson ship to see if reclaiming it would update the account and unlock it for everyone else..

dont do this, it doesnt work!!

now i have zero Dyson Science Destroyer :neutral: ah well, it was worth a try i guess, and now we know that in this situation, the game is seeing the project completion in the same light as pre account unlocking... 1 character, 1 project, 1 ship only.

now if you will excuse me, im off to cry in a corner for a while.​​
    Post edited by qziqza on
    tYld1gu.gif?1
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    I'm going to add this thread to the event issues thread I've got running, I don't suppose people have ticket numbers for this issue to help track this down?
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    yuukageyuukage Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    i've found out the problem, for alts chars in same account, please claim you ships in reputation reclaim store.
    Post edited by yuukage on
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I'm going to add this thread to the event issues thread I've got running, I don't suppose people have ticket numbers for this issue to help track this down?
    ah great stuff.. makes it easier for the team to have everything in 1 place.

CS ticket ID 160210-000647
    Bug report ticket ID [#]3,912,685.

regards Qzi​​
    Post edited by qziqza on
    tYld1gu.gif?1
  • Options
    i opened a new bug on this so heres the ticket id:

Bug report ticket ID [#]3,914,454.
  • Options
    starshutter2starshutter2 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Me too.
    [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #3,915,282.
    Hour ago finished 2014 Dyson Destroer Project, and now can't claim it at my toon.

• Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    Thanks folks, don't hold your breaths on this but I'll try to get some acknowledgement.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    chriscain12chriscain12 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    i am new to the forums i dont know if this is where this goes but i completed the time event mission 2 times but i only got the 400 anterversy vouchers once is this a bug or is this normal i am new to startrek online
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    i am new to the forums i dont know if this is where this goes but i completed the time event mission 2 times but i only got the 400 anterversy vouchers once is this a bug or is this normal i am new to startrek online

It's not quite the right place, the academy section would be better for new player questions.
    Anyway that's working as intended. Those are only for the first playthrought. The rest are to be gained by running the daily mission from Q, stabilising Omega molecules (press "J", hit the event banner on left and then "Hail" to get to the Q dialogue box). Unfortunately, it's too late now for you to complete the anniversary ship project, though. Only about a week left --> 280 vouchers.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    *start off topic*

hi chriscain12, as toiva says, there are, unfortunately, too few days left in which to run the omega particle daily missions for the ship. please dont be disheartened though, we have other events, such as this, with a ship being offered, at other times in the year.. the next being during the summer event, with plenty of fun in the Risian sun.

while the bad timing is unfortunate for this event, I hope you are still enjoying the game, and welcome to Star Trek Online.

*end off topic*
    tYld1gu.gif?1
  • Options
    chriscain12chriscain12 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    thank you for all the help i am enjoing the game just trying to learn how to make my ship stronger so i dont die so easly when i get 3 or more ships shooting at me. lol
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Thanks folks, don't hold your breaths on this but I'll try to get some acknowledgement.

Hi!
    Is there any news about our Dyson ships? Still can't claim
    P.S. In patch notes nothing about this in "known issues"
  • Options
    zorzazorza Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Exactly the same issue with the Dyson Science Destroyer - it's like I got the lobi box instead of the normal unlock.
    Support Ticket 160226-001782
    Bug ID 3922858
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Be certain you don't have a boxed version of the ship in your Bank.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    ltminns wrote: »
    Be certain you don't have a boxed version of the ship in your Bank.

Haven't any version of this ship in any toon inventory/bank, exept Dyson Annyversary Science Destroer at my first toon in this February. And can't claim it at other personage on this account.
  • Options
    turbionturbion Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    I have the same issue with the Dyson anniversary ship. I filed a bug report too. Ticket ID #3,926,791.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Made new toon, it cant claim Dyson ship too.
    92fc5f53ae5a06f45db4a7ef262e50d2.b311a1c192ab6011b29a7fbd5799965f.jpeg
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Hi there...

thanks to those who joined us in adding ticket details, still nothing from cryptic regarding the situation with our event ships, well, not that i'm aware of at any rate. so my thinking at the moment is...

it is probably better to hear nothing and still have half a hope,
    than to hear something and be told we have no hope at all.

and so our wait continues...​​
    Post edited by qziqza on
    tYld1gu.gif?1