test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Storming the Spire Feedback thread

Comments

• tradiktradik Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Forgot to do a UI screenshot of the scores to log for you, so just some general feedback this post:

1 - Elite only felt a smidge more difficult than Normal. I would recommend beefing it up a bit in intensity...it didn't feel challenging at all even on the first blind run-through, which means it will only become boring quickly on repeated marks grind replays. We need challenging content.

2 - Like the others, I expected the City Ship dreadnought to be bigger, and considerably more difficult. It should not be able to be solo'd on elite. I would think it would require 2-3 players to take down, leaving 2-3 for evac shuttle popping.

3 - As someone else noticed, the battleships(? the ones that look like porpoises) didn't seem to do much at all, in terms of returning fire.

4 - The map looks great, I grabbed a number of screenies for fleetmates. The atmospheric feel is a nice addition from the typical dark space battles.

5 - Also as previously stated, the deflector beam/ability from the dreadnought was over-sized...quite the view blocker.

A few more runs this weekend, and I'll get some better data/feedback on the enemy abilities and maths posted.
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    tradik wrote: »
    4 - The map looks great, I grabbed a number of screenies for fleetmates. The atmospheric feel is a nice addition from the typical dark space battles.

Wealp... I have a new wallpaper now... XD
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • lanceandragon#1584 lanceandragon Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Would it be possible to flag the transports for the V key sensor scan. It felt easy to lose bearing on where things were coming from.
  • megtrekkiemegtrekkie Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    this is not a bug but i not its in testing could you tone down the white in the spire i couldnt see the voth ships and i agree with some on the voth beams there acting up but major issue to much white for my liking in the spire but overall good fleet action and enjoyable. fleet mark on the other hand they need to increase i got all 100% on normal and only got 10 fleet marks.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    icegavel wrote: »
    I have to say, fighting the Voth is... interesting. There's no NPC enemy that you fight at endgame that uses AP, and their weapons look AWESOME.

This is a good point, other than the Iconian ships we've seen, no other enemy faction uses Antiproton weaponry. I'd have thought that at least the Undine/Species 8472 NPC's would, since their firepower in Voyager were an order of magnitude more powerful than anything else previously encountered, outside of massive event encounters like V'Ger; the Doomsday Machine and stuff of their ilk.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • helenthhelenth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I expected more from elite difficulty...

But, here'u have video from this new mission:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-owUpnM_13w

Note, it's 20 minutes watching!
  • darkwhite0darkwhite0 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Total Allied Troops Landed: 205
    Total Voth Troops Landed: 90

Alien Base Controled by Allies: 69%

Technology Censure

Escape Shuttle Destroyed: 25
    Voth Dreadnought Destroyed: 50 of 50

Total Censure Points: 75

Total Points: 144

24 fleetmarks
  • cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Elite should grant u at least as much as crystalline entity as it lasts longer than that does on elite. Elite CEE is only 10 mins with a team from 5k channel or less. This new event needs at least 50 marks min, tho 70 would be reasonable for a elite version i think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I was gonna wait on this to go live but I gotta go play this lol.

Played it once so far only complaint besides low fleet marks is when using bops seems a bit too bright hard to see what I am shooting at lol.

*Total Allied Troops landed 205
    *Total Voth Troops landed 60

*Alien Base Controlled by Allies 77%

Shuttles destroyed 23

Voth Dreadnoughts destroyed 50 of 50

Total Censure 73

Total Points 150

16 Fleet Marks

*Only wierd thing is for about 10 seconds every time I use rapid fire it greys it out like its disabled but sometimes it is disabled and sometimes its not but its not limited to this mission does it everywhere and cloak/decloak seems to lag before it actually activates*
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Lovely map, really cool to fight in an atmosphere. Voth where not that hard to defeat, dreadnought was very squishy.

Total Allied Troops landed 215

Total Voth Troops landed 120

Alien Base Controlled by Allies 64%

Shuttles destroyed 23

Voth Dreadnoughts destroyed 50 of 50

Total Censure 73

Total Points 137
    edited September 2013
    Yeah roughly atm people who have done it many times to first timers roughly get to the same scoreing or quite near it.
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    amosov78 wrote: »
    This is a good point, other than the Iconian ships we've seen, no other enemy faction uses Antiproton weaponry. I'd have thought that at least the Undine/Species 8472 NPC's would, since their firepower in Voyager were an order of magnitude more powerful than anything else previously encountered, outside of massive event encounters like V'Ger; the Doomsday Machine and stuff of their ilk.

The Undine seem to use AP. If you use the Aegis 3-piece against them, something odd happens.

You gain Antiproton AND Plasma resistance. They use both in one. But even then, how often do you fight Undine anymore? It's all Borg, Tholian, or Romulan stuff. And now we have the Voth. Which are fun.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Entity is antiproton. So are devidians iircs.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, Voth Antiproton weapons seem to have the plasma proc, which is neat.

Overall this is a lot of fun, just needs the Dreadnought's difficulty tuned up a bit on elite and the rewards scaled up a bit. I think a well-coordinated team could get the "base control" percentage up into the 90s, but until Tribble opens up, I can't play with enough fleet members to make a private queue and coordinate that sort of thing.
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Normal

Total Allied Troops Landed 185
    Total Voth Troops Landed 90

Alien Base Controlled by aAlies 67%

Technology Censure

Escape Shuttle Destroyed 31
    Voth Dreadnought Destroyed 50 of 50

Total Censure Points 81

Total Points 148
  • crypticgekocrypticgeko Member Posts: 87
    edited September 2013
    Hey guys.

FYI, the Voth Dreadnought is just placeholder. Lots of work still needs to be done on it. All of the Voth ships, in fact, are still WIP.
  • crypticgekocrypticgeko Member Posts: 87
    edited September 2013
    and the rewards are still being tuned. All your comments on your performance will help us tune the rewards.

FYI, the Voth Task Force Rep has some pretty mega rewards, and is, in fact, a brand new Rep schema which is much more satisfying and rewarding. So the payoffs for all Dyson sphere content should feel much more rewarding than in the past. Hopefully you will like it, and we will update the old reps once we are all happy with it.
    edited September 2013
    and the rewards are still being tuned. All your comments on your performance will help us tune the rewards.

FYI, the Voth Task Force Rep has some pretty mega rewards, and is, in fact, a brand new Rep schema which is much more satisfying and rewarding. So the payoffs for all Dyson sphere content should feel much more rewarding than in the past. Hopefully you will like it, and we will update the old reps once we are all happy with it.

This sounds very promising. I hope it pans out the way youre hoping it does. Most players flopped on Nukara, Rom wasnt all that wonderful either, save a few builds.

Any idea when we might get a chance to get a look at the new stuff?
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, Voth Antiproton weapons seem to have the plasma proc, which is neat.

Overall this is a lot of fun, just needs the Dreadnought's difficulty tuned up a bit on elite and the rewards scaled up a bit. I think a well-coordinated team could get the "base control" percentage up into the 90s, but until Tribble opens up, I can't play with enough fleet members to make a private queue and coordinate that sort of thing.

Wait... Voth have Antiproton with Plasma proc?

MY PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED! I always wanted AntiPlasma!
  • bhiasbhias Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Normal

Total Allied Troops Landed: 150
    Total Voth Troops Landed: 145

Alien Base Controled by Allies: 51%

Technology Censure

Escape Shuttle Destroyed: 13
    Voth Dreadnought Destroyed: 0 of 50

Total Censure Points:

Total Points:

7 fleetmarks
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ive gone on tribble 3 or 4 times now, so far ive been the only one qued for 10 minutes each time, so i haven't played this yet.

sounds interesting, next time i try tribble i need to remember to check if any part of it is in the reputation tab yet
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Is the new Reputation system going to be similar to Neverwinter's Campaign System?
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Do I hear some hinting that the Voth rep may be supplying us with some Antiproton weapons??????
    edited September 2013
    Do I hear some hinting that the Voth rep may be supplying us with some Antiproton weapons??????

my main would be quite pleased, she still uses fleet aps
    Gold.jpg
    edited September 2013

Speaking of which one thing didn't have much feedback yet that it was either yourself or Stahl that said a change was coming to how that worked where you wouldn't have to grind it up on every single character. Will this still be the case with this where you are basically using your rep marks for the actual gear after you've done it once?

Another thing is the actual *territory* you are going after against the voth is that another location for territory control as per maybe ground? This is just my opinion but something about it so far its missing something to actually feel like you take over/lose an area other than wiping out ships/spawns. I guess part of it though a name of a four letter game that is censored in these forums and is not profanity lol might have ruined the possible element of this being this is an instanced based game and not a world type enviroment. Only other thing I can think of is if there was some kind of based location that changed based on how much this is done or something to that nature.

I might be wrong since not all has been added in/still in WIP. I guess I'll just have to see how it goes.
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'd like to make the post Cryptic is really looking for most.....

About the ships themselves....

Visually the ships are spot on to their City-ship counterpart but.... Why are these ships so shiny?

You'd think that the Voth, being the Voth, wouldn't really sit there in the city-ship and polish these things 24/7 given what they said was little to no interaction with other "inferior" species. This is not to say no body is there to maintain them at all... just that.... they all seem too polished. They need a bit more grit, a bit more grunge to them...

Even the Federation skins have a bit of grime to their Duranium/Tritanium/WhateverThey'reMadeOf polish....

Other than that I'm 100% sold on these ships and any other designs you guys implement like these.
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Is this the general form the territory control mechanic will take? PvE challenges with an "us vs. them" slider that score and reward based on that?

Because I have to say that's pretty abstract... necessarily abstract in the case of this mission, since we just see the troopships going in. However I think a ground mission built around this concept would need to have something more... I don't know. If it's just blasting dinosaurs until a timer runs out, I don't think that would quite convey control.

But I look forward to seeing more stuff on Tribble.
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sadly I feel that something is missing in this STF. I'm not sure what exactly. When it ended it felt like a big anti-climax. Maybe if the mission continued with a ground part as well that would be better. But as it is now it is seriously lacking in something. And I'm not talking about rewards, I'm talking about gameplay.
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sunseahl wrote: »
    Visually the ships are spot on to their City-ship counterpart but.... Why are these ships so shiny?

They themselves may not have to clean the ship but may have other technology to do it. Ships regular need to be cleaned regularly for one reason or another. Even the Enterprise has to go though a baryon sweep to clean the hull. As far as shiny is concerned that maybe be one of the characteristics of that alloy. Who knows when they cleaned it last.