test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Storming the Spire Feedback thread

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
This thread will cover the new 5 man queue event, Storming the Spire. Please leave all bugs, feedback, comments, and concerns here.

This content is only available to Gold members at this time.
Post edited by coldsnapped on

Comments

• mroddsmrodds Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    To help balance the rewards post your scores.

Thanks

MrOdds
    They call me Mr. Odds!
  • gamerjoshgamerjosh Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I had a blast doing this, the map interior really was awesome. All in all, very exciting.

Allied troops landed 165
    Voth troops landed 90

allied control 65%

23 escape shuttles destroyed and one voth destroyer

censure pts 73
    total pts 138
    Belief manifests reality
  • dmfreddie_1426533189dmfreddie_1426533189 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ELITE POINTS

voth: 110
    allied: 110

60% allied control
    27 shuttles destroyed

77 censure points
    50 of 50 dreadnoughts destroyed

Total points: 137
    Join date: April 2010 ; Lifetime Sub since April 2010. Actual 1000 day vet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud Member of: Fubar Inc.
  • smazazelsmazazel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    for the effort the rewards suck. only got 17 FM on elite. it needs to be higher or this will be another one of those eh nope not worth my time missions.
  • admiralbrenanadmiralbrenan Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ive received about 125~135 points each run
  • cehuscehus Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Bug: On normal, I didn't get credit for the the dreadnought kill.
    Cehus.png
  • mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Normal Event

Total Allied Troops Landed: 225
    Total Voth Troops Landed: 60

Alien Base Controled by Allies: 79%

Technology Censure

Escape Shuttle Destroyed: 23
    Voth Dreadnought Destroyed: 0 of 50

Total Censure Points: 23

Total Points: 102

10 Fleet Marks
    edited September 2013
    Is that the final look for the voth's beam array because it looks really weird right now and not finished...
    edited September 2013
    I feel as if the city ship could use some more power/ hit-points. Every time my team and I went into battle, it died considerably easy. Something else about the city ship is that it turned to quickly for a ship its size. Also when it uses any kind of deflector power, the graphic is massive.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Done on normal (couldn't get five people to queue for elite).

Allied Control 70% (185 allied vs. 80 Voth)

Censure points: 68 (18 shuttles and one dreadnought killed dead)

Total points: 138

14 fleet marks awarded

Edit: you can fly almost all the way to the ground- you'll hit an invisible floor that looks to be maybe 1-2 ship lengths up. Seems kind of odd; maybe add a white-out/turbulence effect similar to planets when you go too low?
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Please feel free to also provide feedback on all the ranks of Voth ships! I hope they're interesting but not overwhelming - that's the middle ground I was aiming for.
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • asimosaasimosa Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Okay! Got into an Elite... a few things to note. The first was that the Voth Dreadnought died fairly quickly, but the group didn't get any credit for it. Second, the map icon for it seemed... misplaced, though being huge it was still pretty easy to find. There were supposed to be explanation briefings I guess, but none popped up? Anyway...

Alien base controlled: 66%
    Total allied troops landed: 195
    Total voth troops landed: 100
    Escape shuttle destroyed: 19
    Voth dreadnought destroyed: 0 of 50
    Total censure points: 19

Total points: 85
    YGYDvFm.png
    EGO operor non vere tutela
    edited September 2013
    I was also in that Elite and can verify that we didn't get credit for killing the dreadnought.
    edited September 2013
    Ship review: the frigates and cruisers just seemed like generic NPCs. Only two runs wasn't enough to get a handle on that ability of theirs. The swarmers on Elite were a nice touch, although elite peregrines set to intecept ate them for lunch.

The Voth battleship is pretty unique. I like it.

The dreadnought didn't put up much of a fight or last very long on normal or elite.
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    We destroyed the voth dreadnaught and that optional never completed.

Beautiful Ship though.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2013
    Edit: you can fly almost all the way to the ground- you'll hit an invisible floor that looks to be maybe 1-2 ship lengths up. Seems kind of odd; maybe add a white-out/turbulence effect similar to planets when you go too low?

Yup, this is still a work in progress. Not everything is in quite yet.

Thanks for the reminder though.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
    edited September 2013
    Here's a minimum-altitude shot for posterity, then. I'll put it with my shot looking up from the bottom of the singularity core.

It all looks really great. Aside from the battleship, the Voth ships are all kind of boring, but I guess that's subjective.
  • asimosaasimosa Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Oh yeah, one other thing I forgot: the Dreadnought looked like it was using some sort of super weapon deal, kind of like the thalaron pulse of a scimitar or whatever it is that tholian tarantulas do. The graphic for it actually faced the wrong way/was otherwise bugged and not displaying properly.

http://i.imgur.com/6BC1c29.jpg
    YGYDvFm.png
    EGO operor non vere tutela
    edited September 2013
    The beam FX does look like a work in progress. At least, it doesn't look right in its current form. It also didn't seem to do anything.

And this one is so nit-picky I hate myself for noticing, but the dreadnought is slightly larger than its own shield bubble.
    edited September 2013
    This dreadnaught is big. For its size, 310133 hp is way too low.
  • kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    voth: 205
    allied: 100

67% allied control
    18 shuttles destroyed

68 censure points
    50 of 50 dreadnoughts destroyed

Total points: 135

13 Fleet Marks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I gotta admit, I want to play this now. That looks really awesome. Kinda like a version of atmospheric assault with full starships.

>_>

Of course i could just get on tribble and do so, huh. XD

Just please make elite actually difficult, ok?
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
    edited September 2013
    Just please make elite actually difficult, ok?

Well I wouldn't call elite hard. I would say more along the lines of opposite of hard. As it currently stands that is. I hope it is just so we can test the mechanics of this though.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    And this one is so nit-picky I hate myself for noticing, but the dreadnought is slightly larger than its own shield bubble.

Back off man, the Voth City Ship has a glandular problem. Just because it put on a few million pounds since Voyager doesn't give you the right to automatically call it fat. :P
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    voth: 110
    allied: 195

64% allied control
    27 shuttles destroyed

27 censure points
    0 of 50 dreadnoughts destroyed

Total points: 91

11 Fleet Marks

First off, we didn't get credit for few of the dreadnought kills that we made. Second, some of the dreadnoughts flew right into structure in the middle and got stuck. Third, 11 Fleet Marks! Just because something is not as "hard" as lets say a STF does not mean it shouldn't reward similar marks. Time factors as well. STFS = Difficulty Up, Time Down; Spire = Difficulty Down, Time Up. there needs to be a better balance in the reward or it will fall to the wayside like nukara and romulan rep system.
    edited September 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Back off man, the Voth City Ship has a glandular problem. Just because it put on a few million pounds since Voyager doesn't give you the right to automatically call it fat. :P

I believe the term is big-boned.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    edited September 2013
    there needs to be a better balance in the reward or it will fall to the wayside like nukara and romulan rep system.

Agreed, look at the queue numbers for the three quickies that gives the most omega marks compared to the other 20 or so queues.

You might get a Fleet Blockade to pop once an hour, ISE runs 10+ instances constantly.

The whole marks system needs a serious balance pass, especially romulan marks. Nukara are relatively easy to get overall, between nukara grounds and entity, but the rom FA's are jokes by comparison.
    Gold.jpg
    edited September 2013
    [Elite]

Mission Debriefing

Total Allied Troops Landed: 175
    Total Voth Troops Landed: 130

Alien Base Controled by Allies: 57%

Technology Censure

Escape Shuttle Destroyed: 35
    Voth Dreadnought Destroyed: 50 of 50

Total Censure Points: 85

Total Points: 142

17 fleetmarks wouldnt be worth the trouble. make it 40-50 and that would be about right.

(if it is intended to have a cooldown period, double that)

Also note typo (controled), needs another L
    Gold.jpg
  • mroddsmrodds Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thank you for posting your numbers and giving your feedback.

The reward scale in place is being used for testing. I will be making adjustments through out the next weeks so keep up the reports and feedback.

MrOdds
    They call me Mr. Odds!
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've gotten what I'd guess are okay scores (117 and 132 in my two rounds thusfar) in Normal. I have to say, fighting the Voth is... interesting. There's no NPC enemy that you fight at endgame that uses AP, and their weapons look AWESOME. Few nitpicks, though:
    1. Phase Cloak on the Frigates doesn't give enough Stealth, I can see them with no Aux power at ALL a good 80% of the time.
    2. Voth Battleships are... confusing. I never saw them actually FIRE, they don't seem to have shields at all, but their damage resistance to all but Kinetic seems to be about a MILLION.
    3. Voth Dreadnought seems a TAD too easy on Normal, could use a special ability.
    4. Some powers used by NPCs confuse me. What does the Photonic Compensation from the Frigates actually DO? What's that "Immunity Shield"? And are the Aceton Drones working properly? They don't seem to have the Shockwave that Assimilators have. Wouldn't mind a list of abilities that the Voth use and their effects.
    5. Voth Troop Transports seem to be Cruisers in look and Frigates in stats, since I appear to absolutely EAT them a lot of the time, which I can't do with the Cruisers.

Nothing really MAJOR, but a few confusions. Still really liking it so far. And the map... the map... oh my GOD THE MAP IS GORGEOUS WELL DONE! The concept art didn't even START to prepare me for how... how just HUGE that thing is. In the words of Neelix... "It's just... WOW!"