test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

100% hull to dead with your shields still up

Comments

• omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dahminus wrote: »
    So you saw what energy this guy was using, any info on what the actual damage numbers were?

Sorry, I wasn't much into combat logs at the time. Were it happen today exactly the same, I would. But with the BO TRIBBLE/Rommy Crits, almost anyone can do this sort of thing for now in a manner of speaking.
    burstorion wrote: »
    I want a new sig with someone trying, and failing, to punch out a bag marked 'sto'

...I fly a bop and if you think dying in an oddy is bad...how about being vaporised by a beam overload that ignores the only defence a bop has, its meager shieds?

I accept the fact the bop is not supposed to stand up to massive abuse, but it is in no way balanced, or fun (for me at least) to be unable to do anything but look at the respawn screen - and worse, I feel I cannot play in the ship I paid for as I'd be a major detriment to the team

They really need to take time out and go over every ability - healing and damage - and create some semblence of balance...it might not make them money at first, but if pvp had a semblence of balance, it would attract new blood

Well the double/triple tap days are coming to an end at least so you might not have this issue for long. (Till the next thing comes along)

More importantly, yes, FFS, Cryptic: balance stuff. Sacrifice a short term gain for a long term one. I've been begging for this as long as I've been using the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I read your first post, it was 30s - when you started this thread.

That didn't quite get the attention you hoped for, so then it became "dying in under a second".

Go ahead, keep changing your story.

Until you post a combat report, and stop creating threads and posts that negatively affect your own credibility, expect all of your future threads to turn out like this one.

In my original post, yes. Then, in a subsequent post, I wrote the following in response to another battle. You are aware that people play the game more than once, yes?

If you feel the need to accuse people of changing their story, please, feel free to do so. Just remember that your accusations don't change the events that happened. Additionally, if you read the thread you'll see that what has happened to me has happened to others.

Out of curiosity, are you one of those alpha strikers? Is that why you're resorting to credibility and character attack? Are you lashing out because a method that you use is going to go the way of the dodo? You know, there are more constructive ways to deal with loss.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You are aware that people play the game more than once, yes?

This is the problem, imho - and - the blame falls squarely on the shoulders of the players. You'd think that once was enough - that players would walk away at that point, eh? They've got nobody to blame but themselves for coming back after that first one...
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is the problem, imho - and - the blame falls squarely on the shoulders of the players. You'd think that once was enough - that players would walk away at that point, eh? They've got nobody to blame but themselves for coming back after that first one...

I think you're right there. I know I'm a glutton for punishment!! The problem it that it's the only Trek game out there. If there was another Trek game then I think people wouldn't be coming back. Also, if the Star Wars game was better I'd probably be over there, too. Pity I don't like that game at all.
  • ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    rck01 wrote: »
    I'vaan, is that you? And where's your partner in crime, Jonie? :)

RCK - a.k.a Jacob Lightener

Behind you, silently buffing! ^^
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
    Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
    edited September 2013
    I think you're right there. I know I'm a glutton for punishment!! The problem it that it's the only Trek game out there. If there was another Trek game then I think people wouldn't be coming back. Also, if the Star Wars game was better I'd probably be over there, too. Pity I don't like that game at all.

It's things like SWTOR that keep me here...it could always be worse. :(

Reading that interview a dev with Geko thing...I don't know, maybe they're trying to give SWTOR a run for the money.
  • seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Not that my opinion matters but I agree with the OP on this.
    Having seen many times and been on the receiving end of the 'Ignore everything' buff.
    Killed through fully buffed shields with buffed hull whilst in evasive and all the while a nice healer hitting me with some shieldy heals so I can dogfight 2 on one. Shame 1 of those has that awsome power of 'Ill ignore all buffs and shields and kill you without touching shields' skill.
    For the life of me, I dont know what does it.
    If its a proc, how the hell do they get it to proc at the perfect time everytime?
    If its not a proc, what is doing it?
    edited September 2013
    If its a proc, how the hell do they get it to proc at the perfect time everytime?

That is a curious thing with some of it...eh? A 2.5% proc that seems to be 100%. Hrmmm...

...I honestly think it's more about folks running 3x EWO(BO) DOFFs along with all the rest than it being just some 2.5% proc.
  • rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Nah! I can hear you coming...and I may have a surprise for you next time, so... :)

"I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog [Jonie], too!"

RCK
  • iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Glad to see the Nova Core coming to Kerrat and help the Fed getting rid of you and your Jonie pet. ;) I guess your infamous ambushes have started to attract the attention of Fed Premades, may make your future hunting a lot more difficult. :D
    edited September 2013
    iskandus wrote: »
    Glad to see the Nova Core coming to Kerrat and help the Fed getting rid of you and your Jonie pet. ;) I guess your infamous ambushes have started to attract the attention of Fed Premades, may make your future hunting a lot more difficult. :D

Now, now! No need for hostilities! Besides, I sort of like the I'vaan and Jonie tag-team follies. I figure if I can survive them (sometimes do, mostly don't still), and perhaps take one or both with me (it could happen), I'm making progress.

Whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger... :)

RCK
    edited September 2013
    Now, now! No need for hostilities! Besides, I sort of like the I'vaan and Jonie tag-team follies. I figure if I can survive them (sometimes do, mostly don't still), and perhaps take one or both with me (it could happen), I'm making progress.

RCK

Let's make sure to put Ramming Speed on speed dial, would be totally hilarious to go down with them via Ramming Speed. And times to times, make sure to give them the taste of their own medicines by gangking them and use cheese too. ;)
  • ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Last night was a blast! Celebrating the last moments of double tap. There were KDF romulan BoPs, B'rels, Fed roms/BoPs, unkillable wellses, and on top of that tac cruisers, yummy! Some really good action in zone #10. A right amount of Ker'rat smack talk to spice it up! Feds got their share of kills, as so the KDF. Nerf BoPs! :) Also ISC guys, your are just hilarious over teamspeak, half of the time I couldn't play cos I was trying to sustain laugh so hard (was really late here). I wish Cryptic to finally put some more PvP modes out there.
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
    Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
    edited September 2013
    Let's make sure to put Ramming Speed on speed dial, would be totally hilarious to go down with them via Ramming Speed. And times to times, make sure to give them the taste of their own medicines by gangking them and use cheese too. ;)

Well, I just bought a subspace circuit for the lols, but that's as cheesy as I get, so...

Should be fun. :)

RCK
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited September 2013

RCK

-Looks left, looks right- <whispers> Feedback Pulse II + III, Transfer Shield Strength II + III with 300+ in particle generators).</whisper> 60k beam overload procs and goes though your shields? Good for it, watch as that shot travels back home as 120k damage, no more cloaker.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited September 2013
    -Looks left, looks right- <whispers> Feedback Pulse II + III, Transfer Shield Strength II + III with 300+ in particle generators).</whisper> 60k beam overload procs and goes though your shields? Good for it, watch as that shot travels back home as 120k damage, no more cloaker.

Works the 1st or 2nd time but then they wise up.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
    edited September 2013
    macronius wrote: »
    Works the 1st or 2nd time but then they wise up.

Tip: Carry other items in your inventory and switch up when they think they are adapting. Given the way the above mentioned HOBO lurk in Kerrat, I have started to team up with certain people. It's fun this way. :)
  • concept6concept6 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nothing wrong with going to the hull and ignoring shields, its a viable tactic.
    edited September 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    The shield penetration doff has a 30% chance to apply the proc. Up to 3 doffs can be equipped, the chance stacks (don't ask me the probability formula, don't know it) but not the penetration bonus. At the very least you have 1 in 3 beam overloads having an incredible 35% bleedthrough, generally speaking. Now combine this with the elachi dual beam bank that has a chance to ignore shields completely.

Yeah...

Thanks for clearing that up a little bit for me.
    I'd say with a doff that powerful, it should be limited to one only (I use 2 lol).
    Wonder if a high crit build helps it on its way as well?
  • maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    concept6 wrote: »
    nothing wrong with going to the hull and ignoring shields, its a viable tactic.

its only a viable tactic now because of the extreme shield resists and cryptic adding ways to completely bypass shields.

imagine the current game of shield resists with ONLY trasnphasics being the shield pen weapon.

doesnt look very viable does it?
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You need to give trans mote credit
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
    edited September 2013
    maicake716 wrote: »
    its only a viable tactic now because of the extreme shield resists and cryptic adding ways to completely bypass shields.

imagine the current game of shield resists with ONLY trasnphasics being the shield pen weapon.

Isnt this what the whole spike things for though anyway?
    Drain builds, etc.
    It is quite bad though at times, had it earlier, didnt die but took me to 50% in one shot, shields werent touched at all. Didnt give him time to finish though, I got the flox outta there.

Transphasics are an entirely different beast in fairness, the only one that annoys me in its rediculousness is the breen one, one crits, they all crit. That surely has to be broken.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    maicake716 wrote: »

Super viable... guess you haven't ran to many torp boats lately. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Transphasics are an entirely different beast in fairness, the only one that annoys me in its rediculousness is the breen one, one crits, they all crit. That surely has to be broken.

Its the way all dots in this game work... I know we got some lip service about that being "fixed" but I don't think they really understood what they where talking about.

Honestly though if they ever do "fix" the breen to crit chance on each... overall dmg from them will go up... sure perhaps not the big booms... but overall they will be way more annoying to people.

Honestly think of them of beam overloads that you can 100% defend yourself from by simply piloting. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • masterkeychnk5masterkeychnk5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Its the way all dots in this game work... I know we got some lip service about that being "fixed" but I don't think they really understood what they where talking about.

Honestly though if they ever do "fix" the breen to crit chance on each... overall dmg from them will go up... sure perhaps not the big booms... but overall they will be way more annoying to people.

Honestly think of them of beam overloads that you can 100% defend yourself from by simply piloting. ;)

Absolutely right there, with the highest cluster dmg in the world its allmost impossible to get a 60+k recluse with 50% kinetic resist down, but when it crits... whoowee.

if thet ever fix crit chain the torp will be normalized but indeed a whole lt more reliable too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not Snakie, MT is!
  • naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited September 2013