test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mk XI Assimilated Set vs Mk XII Assimilated Set

hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PvP Gameplay
So I was in OPvP yesterday chatting with some guys there, and I saw something that had me scratching my head.

On paper, the mk XII set is only ~3% better than the mk XI set stat-wise (like most mk XI to mk XII upgrades). But according to two of the guys in there, the mk XII procs were almost 100% more powerful (if not higher) and procced at a much greater rate.

Can anyone here confirm the truth (or lack thereof) of the above statement? I would like to know if it's worth it to get the mk XII set (which is rather expensive).

Now the reason that I put this in the PvP forums as opposed to the equipment forum is because this applies to PvP only, since the mk XI is more than enough for PvE (which is a faceroll to begin with).
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
Post edited by hereticknight085 on

Comments

• Options
    milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I was actually looking at that too. I held off upgrading to mk xii because it seemed the cost was just not worth it.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sounds very questionable to be honest. If that is happening it's more likely a bug, since that sounds pretty close to the prenerf borg set heals.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    orondis wrote: »
    Sounds very questionable to be honest. If that is happening it's more likely a bug, since that sounds pretty close to the prenerf borg set heals.

We talking about the Assimilated set or are we talking about the Tier IV Omega Rep passive?
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    fonz71fonz71 Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    based on observation only, it doesn't seem to proc more to me, but i can say that the mk12 set is way betterthan the 11 in practice than on paper.
    Don't know why it says i'm an ARC user. i will never use that TRIBBLE Cryptic!
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So I was in OPvP yesterday chatting with some guys there, and I saw something that had me scratching my head.

On paper, the mk XII set is only ~3% better than the mk XI set stat-wise (like most mk XI to mk XII upgrades). But according to two of the guys in there, the mk XII procs were almost 100% more powerful (if not higher) and procced at a much greater rate.

Can anyone here confirm the truth (or lack thereof) of the above statement? I would like to know if it's worth it to get the mk XII set (which is rather expensive).

Now the reason that I put this in the PvP forums as opposed to the equipment forum is because this applies to PvP only, since the mk XI is more than enough for PvE (which is a faceroll to begin with).

I can confirm this. I used to run the Borg XI set, and there was a huge improvement when I upgraded everything to Borg XII.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I can confirm this. I used to run the Borg XI set, and there was a huge improvement when I upgraded everything to Borg XII.

Can you be more specific? How does it improve?
  • Options
    mustafatennickmustafatennick Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    edited September 2013

What do you mean by huge?

I really don't pvp enough to say wether it is or. Not

stats wise it doesn't boast that we'll to be worth spending 80k dilithium 120k experience points an 1400 omega marks(equivalent to 14 stfs with of grind or 14k more dilithium)

**EDIT sorry op didn't see your post I should have refreshed I'm just as intrigued as you to see if its worth making the step up or wether its just min maxing
    ----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====---- :cool:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Can you be more specific? How does it improve?

Hull repair rates seem to be much larger. With the XI, I was struggling to keep HRRs at a high enough level. With XII, it seems as if I have the equivalent of a free SIF Generator on my ship.
  • Options
    panserbjorne39panserbjorne39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    One thing I want to mention is that in orbit around ESD, my Mk Xi Borg 2pc. Auto Regen shows a 0% chance to proc. So either the tooltip for it is broken or it's not hitting at all. I haven't tested it but it's worrisome.
  • Options
    milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Anyone got numbers? Not that I don't think you are lying, but a "big difference" is quite relative considering the cost and possible limited value in some situations.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Yeah. Considering how much dil and marks the mk XII set costs (ok, the dil is the only thing here, marks don't mean TRIBBLE), I really would like to know if there are any major differences between the mk XI and mk XII set.

And yes, I know fleet stuff is better...
  • Options
    mustafatennickmustafatennick Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    One thing I want to mention is that in orbit around ESD, my Mk Xi Borg 2pc. Auto Regen shows a 0% chance to proc. So either the tooltip for it is broken or it's not hitting at all. I haven't tested it but it's worrisome.

Tooltip is broken it procs on mine especially under the influence of DOT's
    ----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====---- :cool:
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Please, if you are going to come to conclusions as to whether the Mk XII set is worth it, quote us actual proc numbers so we can compare with the Mk XI. Things like "I see a huge improvement" are too vague.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ive had omega set since its ORIGINAL form they should not have given me MKXI for my ORIGINAL gear.. the first STFs were nye impossible but we get garbage gear for our long term efforts... if the jump to MK XII is that GG it should be explained better.. this game seems to be falling apart at the seems while they ride the cash cart to the bitter end...
  • Options
    blessedladyboyblessedladyboy Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have the mk10 on my Vesta and it procs all the time.
    I've been using the mk11 on my recluse for 2 weeks and i havnt noticed it proc once! ...bugged?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Any additional info on this? Anyone done any testing? Or is this one for the archives as a DUNNO.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Anyone got numbers? Not that I don't think you are lying, but a "big difference" is quite relative considering the cost and possible limited value in some situations.
    Yeah. Considering how much dil and marks the mk XII set costs (ok, the dil is the only thing here, marks don't mean TRIBBLE), I really would like to know if there are any major differences between the mk XI and mk XII set.

And yes, I know fleet stuff is better...
    Please, if you are going to come to conclusions as to whether the Mk XII set is worth it, quote us actual proc numbers so we can compare with the Mk XI. Things like "I see a huge improvement" are too vague.

I'll see if I can pull up some numbers while slotting the sets on a blank ship.

In the future however, please mention right from the start that you would like the hard numbers. I'm getting a negative vibe from multiple people here, and I don't appreciate it.
  • Options
    artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's very simple. Mk XII is the best thing. So get the best thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I'll see if I can pull up some numbers while slotting the sets on a blank ship.

In the future however, please mention right from the start that you would like the hard numbers. I'm getting a negative vibe from multiple people here, and I don't appreciate it.

My apologies if I came across as negative, I am merely trying to figure out if the mk XII set is really worth it's rather... prohibitive cost.

And that was not helpful... at all..
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    So... any new input on this? Or has it been forgotten and left to rot in the archived post area XD.
  • Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So... any new input on this? Or has it been forgotten and left to rot in the archived post area XD.

I don't really have any input yet, but I will once I have finished grinding. I have the old Mk XI set, but getting the Mk XII to compare is really slow going.
  • Options
    panserbjorne39panserbjorne39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It would be nice if the Dev's would take a look at this. We know for sure the tool tip is broken. As far as how much and how often the different level sets proc, it's a mystery apparently.
    On my Sci toon the other day under heavy fire, I watched it proc over and over. In another match it seemed to not proc at all. On my engineer, it does not seem to proc at the same rate consistently. Ugghh. I don't really have the patience to do the parsing and testing it would take and frankly we shouldn't have to do this stuff. We should be playing the game and having fun.
    AdjudicatorHawk, can you check this out?
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,804 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kintisho wrote: »
    Ive had omega set since its ORIGINAL form they should not have given me MKXI for my ORIGINAL gear.. the first STFs were nye impossible but we get garbage gear for our long term efforts... if the jump to MK XII is that GG it should be explained better.. this game seems to be falling apart at the seems while they ride the cash cart to the bitter end...

I can feel your pain as well. I had all the original sets in all my characters and thought they were the best of the best. Now MKXI is garbage in lieu of MKXII? This sucks since when they made the transfer from the old system to the reputation they forgot those of us who had the original versions. At least in nukara you can exchange some of your old gear for the upgraded version. I hope someone could shed more light on this subject :)
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    scurry5 wrote: »
    I don't really have any input yet, but I will once I have finished grinding. I have the old Mk XI set, but getting the Mk XII to compare is really slow going.

is not most simple just grind a little bit more of dilithium an get the mk xii for try yourselft? lol
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    playhard88 wrote: »
    is not most simple just grind a little bit more of dilithium an get the mk xii for try yourselft? lol

*sigh* Of course it's not simple. It's so I can actually do some parsing on the exact same setup in similar situations. Eh, forget it. If you just want to assume the worst of everyone, fine.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    scurry5 wrote: »
    *sigh* Of course it's not simple. It's so I can actually do some parsing on the exact same setup in similar situations. Eh, forget it. If you just want to assume the worst of everyone, fine.

Actually I understand exactly where you're coming from, and I was looking forward to seeing your results. Sorry that an idiot seemed to make you lose interest ><
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Actually I understand exactly where you're coming from, and I was looking forward to seeing your results. Sorry that an idiot seemed to make you lose interest ><

Don't worry, not about you. However, studies have been ramping up, and farming has taken a hit as a result.....so those results would be slow in coming anyway. Still, I want those pieces for a build I'm running, so they will eventually come. Call it a bit of my 'spoilt child behaviour' ration.
  • Options
    omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

While I agree with this 100% (what else are you gonna do with your time? sooner or later you might as well), the more pressing issue is we need to know how things actually work. Something that is rarely easy to determine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk