test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Borg Faction

shaughnessy2shaughnessy2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Just read some of an old thread about a playable Borg faction I for one would like to see this happen it does not need to be a liberated Borg faction either. I quite like the idea of playing as a drone with a number and no individuality that is what the Borg are about right I want to serve the queen :)
Post edited by shaughnessy2 on

Comments

• vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    J
    - drone with a number
    - no individuality
    - I want to serve

Since this is an age friendly forum I believe this picture says enough about your "preferences" :Dhttp://cdn.motinetwork.net/demotivationalposters.net/image/demotivational-poster/1211/yeah-she-wears-the-pants-women-pants-sexy-TRIBBLE-hot-demotivational-posters-1352249748.jpg

Other than that: Would be fun to explore the idea. Progress can only be achieved through assimilation. E.g. for XP, items, ships etc. That could also make for a great pvp reward :p Winner gets to assimilate the other :p (no loss for the other person of course). And instead of going to a shipyard you spend your zen on a transwarp permission to a battleground where you have to assimilate the ship first :p
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just read some of an old thread about a playable Borg faction I for one would like to see this happen it does not need to be a liberated Borg faction either. I quite like the idea of playing as a drone with a number and no individuality that is what the Borg are about right I want to serve the queen :)

you never play as a drone they are bad guys and dev have said we will never play bad guys the only thing you can hope for is a liberated Borg faction and imo game all ready has one you pay 300$ to be it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As I have said in other playable Borg faction threads. A Borg Collective faction will never work, but a faction based on the Borg Cooperative, Unimatrix Zero, Hugh's group would work. So essentially, it will be a Liberated Borg faction.
  • cryptiecopcryptiecop Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hugh's group are "rebel" Borg, wanting to remove Lore from power...Descent Part II
    cmbanner2015.jpg
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Looking forward to such a faction existing, followed by the endless whines of 'these aren't Real Borg! I wanna commit genocide! Waahh!!'
  • shaughnessy2shaughnessy2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Like that pic is she an authentic Borg Queen lol :) shame you cant play as bad guys they are fun to play I love the Borg, mind you I love playing as the Empire in Star Wars games also they have the best troops the best ships e.t.c
    edited August 2013
    Why does it say I am an Ensign on the left of my post I am actually a Rear Admiral on Star Fleet and klingon I am reinstalling the game at the moment maybe that's why
    edited August 2013
    Why does it say I am an Ensign on the left of my post I am actually a Rear Admiral on Star Fleet and klingon I am reinstalling the game at the moment maybe that's why

its your posting rank here on the forums
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

That is your forum rank.

The more posts you post, the higher rank you get.

If you are lifetimer, the you may choose to change it to something that tells everyone you are, like myself.

Back on Topic. Picard has something to say to the [even if rebel] borg faction
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    As I have said in other playable Borg faction threads. A Borg Collective faction will never work, but a faction based on the Borg Cooperative, Unimatrix Zero, Hugh's group would work. So essentially, it will be a Liberated Borg faction.

This is a good idea, but don't forget, people want the Borg ships. Some people won't be happy until they get a Cube to fly.

Me, I'm happy with my B'rel / Oddy / Scim / Corvette / Bortas (The list of what all my alts fly lol )
    edited August 2013
    Thank You I have been playing the game since November 2012 but this is only the second thread I have posted and both those where today lol :)
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Being able to play as Borg from the Borg Collective I don't see ever happening. Playing as members of the Colony from the Star Trek Voyager episode Unity I think would be cool. They formed their own collective after link to the Borg Collective was broken. They could have access to new ships that use Borg technology.

Their story could be about searching for Borg and trying to free them from the Collective.
    edited August 2013
    All interesting idea's but I guess I am a purest I just want to be part of the actual Borg collective but that does not look likely from the response so far boo hoo sob sob :(
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    All interesting idea's but I guess I am a purest I just want to be part of the actual Borg collective but that does not look likely from the response so far boo hoo sob sob :(

You mean you want a screensaver.

Interesting.
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • brangel13brangel13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Been playing STO since beta and this topic has popped up numerous times, with the same flaming forum reply's. Even though there are a bunch of haters of having a borg faction, I personally would love to see Cryptic implement one. With the proper game balance and specific zone access, I don't see why it would be out of scope? No different than having a hostile Klingon and/or Romulan-Tal Shiar faction? Like I said, too many haters of the idea which is why it will probably never happen. As like the Romulan expansion, I for one would gladly pay $150 for a Borg specific faction, and to support STO.
    edited August 2013

The only way I could see a Borg Collective faction work is try to force Starcraft style gaming into STO. Where you control a ton of cubes and facilities, but the problem is trying to determine who gets to be the Borg Queen. Otherwise, it can only work in the style of Bioshock where you somehow regain your individuality, but have to make the choice of becoming the Borg Queen, destroy the Borg, or free the Borg.

The problem is that MMOs require individuality for playable factions and the only individuality the Borg seems to have is the Borg Queen.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why not. I want a playable Q. This way I could end the misery :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited August 2013
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Why not. I want a playable Q. This way I could end the misery :D

you have the right ide !!!!!!! better then playing mindless automatons so in all you have my vote for playable Q's :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • zdfx19zdfx19 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Next faction is liable to be Cardassian. I just can't see a Borg faction being fun.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wish people would stop asking for all this nonsense.
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited August 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    I wish people would stop asking for all this nonsense.

oh come on you know you want to play as a Q remen :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • magusofborgmagusofborg Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not going to happen.
    Joined August 2009
  • dojegundojegun Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I guess playing as Borg would be something similar to being assimilated in STF's, no control and you just wait until your health bar drops to 0 so you can pres respawn. :D

But it would be interesting to see what they would do with Liberated Borg, especially design of their ships.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nobody gets in until the Federation decides to make bigger doors.
    edited August 2013
    If a Liberated Borg faction was ever introduced, it would be nice if current Liberated Borg would be able to join that faction. Of course, they would be stuck with their current faction as an ally so a Starfleet Liberated Borg would not be able to ally themselves with the KDF and some of the Liberated Borg missions would be different since you are joining up or allying with a bunch of Liberated Borg and not a current member of the Liberated Borg faction. The choice to join up with the Liberated Borg faction would be completely optional.
  • kirk201okirk201o Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    NONONONONO no playable borg faction, i feel this would be a bad move for the game.
    and im getting sick of hearing about borg factions :P
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,866 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Being able to play as Borg from the Borg Collective I don't see ever happening. Playing as members of the Colony from the Star Trek Voyager episode Unity I think would be cool. They formed their own collective after link to the Borg Collective was broken. They could have access to new ships that use Borg technology.

Their story could be about searching for Borg and trying to free them from the Collective.

But they were stranded on a podunk planet in the middle of nowhere in the delta quadrant, not to mention they didn't show any interest of leaving or even trying to build a ship. For all we know by now they might have been re-assimilated into the collective if they were ever found.

I can't see a few Liberated Borg suddenly becoming a mini empire and producing their own ships, who do you think liberates these people? You think there is some race out there that took it apon themselves to just suddenly liberate Borg?

I think some people just want the faction so they can play liberated Borg without having to buy a LTS.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
    edited August 2013
    I really do not see what everyone is moaning about, you are all ready mindless automatons anyway !!!

Fed: Admiral tells you, go defend xx sector

KFD: High council tells you, go defend xx sector

Borg Queen: tells you, go defend xx sector

Hmm, yea, loads of difference there ay !? :rolleyes:

Want more examples how you are all ready a mindless automaton ??

As I have loads of them :D
  • goltzhargoltzhar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jockey1979 wrote: »
    This is a good idea, but don't forget, people want the Borg ships. Some people won't be happy until they get a Cube to fly.

Me, I'm happy with my B'rel / Oddy / Scim / Corvette / Bortas (The list of what all my alts fly lol )

I want a Unimatrix Command Ship !!!
    edited August 2013
    goltzhar wrote: »
    I want a Unimatrix Command Ship !!!

Imagine the base stats :D

Tier 5
    Type : Dreadnought
    Hull : 55,000
    Shield Mod : 1.5
    Weapons : 4 / 4
    Crew : 10,000
    BO : Lt.Com Uni / Com Eng / Lt.Com Eng / Lt. Uni / En. Uni (after all, they do adapt ;) )
    Devices : 4
    Consoles : Tac 3 / Engi 4 / Sci 3
    Turn : 1.5
    Inertia : 50
    Bonus : +10 all power levels

Due to the size, impulse engines can only move it at half the speed for the full power output of the engines.

Uni Console : Borg Plasma Beam Lance, 4 min CD, Dmg = 25,000 (plus normal plasma burn on top)

Imagine how fast that would sell from the store lol ;)
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    OP - so what part of the current leveling content will the Borg fRaction share and use to finish leveling to 50?

Who will you choose to ally with - Fed or KDF? At what level will you be making the choice?

IMHO, there's not going to be a completely independent and totally separate 3rd (or 4th, 5th, etc) faction introduced into STO as that would require building/making/programming an entirely different STO from the ground up. It's not going to happen because that would require new, complete leveling and end-game mission experiences. The devs would be unable to use ANY of the existing content for this new faction. Also this would take too much time, money and effort with very little chance or hope of ever recuperating the costs associated with it.

The Romulan fRaction is the example and template by which all new fRactions will PROBABLY be designed and added into STO.

A Cardassian fRaction could very quickly and "easily" be built up based on the template used for the Romulan fRaction. Cryptic might even be able to make some money off of it.

Beyond the Cardassians, I personally don't see any other faction in the ST:IP being of enough fan interest for Cryptic/PWE to financially invest in the making of a fRaction.

But this is just my .02 cents. Your mileage may vary.

p.s. yes this is a repost in response to the "Want a Tholian Faction" thread but it still applies... :(