test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online For Playstation 4?

12346»

Comments

• seanftdseanftd Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    not incredibly well though. it was really not made to be used with JUST a controller.

I'll admit I wouldn't know how we'll it works, I've not got the wired 360 controller.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    seanftd wrote: »
    Would it affect you by coming to console, probably not so don't complain.

Yeah it would, Cryptic would need to send a Dev team to do it, might have to allocate resources from somewhere else, that could go to....Fixing bug, or adding new ships, or adding new Reps, or fixing new bugs, or add new content, or fixing new bugs, or add another Adventure zone....or fixing new bugs.

Plus this is not a Cryptic decision to make so most people here are asking the wrong people, it's Perfect Worlds decision , and I don't think they have anything in console or even planning anything.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This I kind of have to chime in on.
    My new laptop, at 1.8GHz AMD Dual-core (Not the newest chip on the block granted), cost me around $320. $70 dollars more than your system. Add in my headphones, external mouse & keyboard, we're up to $340. So $90 more. However, I can always upgrade my optical drive, memory, and hard drive, without doing anything fancy at all. And it wouldn't be all that expensive. Other than maybe the internal hard drive, or a new set of headphones, or controllers, consoles can't be upgraded at all, on the hardware side of things. So, what might cost me maybe $110 or so, to give this thing even more longetivity, you'd have to buy an all new console, costing at least that $250, and probably more like $400 and up.
    Now, if you want to think I'm a "PC Elitest", go ahead, you're actually right. However, I know of plenty of people that far prefer using their consoles for gaming, and their PC's for web browsing. And guess what? I'm ok with that too, as they like different things than I do.

Anyway, my 2 cents. And you'll notice, I avoided the whole console-PC gamer mentality conflict, as that's a whole 'nother story all to itself. You're going to find dillrods on either side of this one.
    Good for you, I imagine your laptop is alot newer then mine.

Ok, have to reply to this one too, see my first post. My Sub-$400 laptop runs STO exceedingly well. So either you know nothing of laptop (and PC's in general) Hardware specs, and how to read them. In this case, get a friend who IS knowledgeable about the subject, to go with you to help you pick out your own sub $400 laptop. You'll be pleasantly surprised, laptops have come a long way, in just a decade.
    Did it ever occur to you that my laptop is most likely several years older then yours? Because it most likely is. Even so I won't have the $ for a new one or a new Laptop for that matter for quite a while.
    And on everything else, you do come off as kind of a jerk, when anyone tries to point out WHY STO would not work quite as well on the PS4, and I also note, you're not agitating for any XBox version, so while accusing PC users of being elitest to the point of exclusivity, you're doing the same thing.Look at some of the things previous people have said, I'm not the only one being a douche. Also I'm not agitating for an...Xbox One.. version because for 1, everyone I know who saw all M$ policies for it jumped ship and haven't come back and 2 because I have yet to hear of any MMO's coming to Xbox One.They can put it on Xbone for all I care, as long as it makes it onto PS4.
    And since when is having to make a choice a bad thing. You shouldn't be able to get everything in one fell swoop. If you want whatever advantages a certain console gives you, by all means, buy that. If you want a diff console, buy that. If you want the advantages of a laptop, well, I hope you've gotten my point on this. What you're asking for, is kind of like wanting a full-size house, with a huge yard, but also be able to take the thing on the road, to wherever you want, all for the same price. It's just not going to be possible, you have to make a choice somewhere, on what features are the most important to you, and pick what gives that to you. But don't scream "Elitest", to those who point out that some things just can't come with certain other things.
    The Elitist thing is directed at those who think anyone who likes or god forbid prefers console gaming is a moron and knows nothing about gaming.
    corvalle wrote: »
    lol, consoles are inferior. deal with it..unless of course you play hello kitty island adventure, then yes, consoles rock for that.
    msk5 wrote: »
    I hate to break this to you but the process of porting only introduces problems, it won't look as good as on PC, and it certainly won't control as well. Besides, its not about looks, its about controls. If you think you can control STO better with a dual shock than a mouse and keyboard, you're wrong, and you're probably horrible at this game.

STF pugs are bad enough without console 'tards TRIBBLE it up.
    See what I mean?

neoakiraii wrote: »
    Yeah it would, Cryptic would need to send a Dev team to do it, might have to allocate resources from somewhere else, that could go to....Fixing bug, or adding new ships, or adding new Reps, or fixing new bugs, or add new content, or fixing new bugs, or add another Adventure zone....or fixing new bugs. Crazy Idea, take the devs away who make Lockbox content. Anyone? :D

Plus this is not a Cryptic decision to make so most people here are asking the wrong people, it's Perfect Worlds decision , and I don't think they have anything in console or even planning anything.

True, I don't think they have anything planned for STO console wise currently, but the do for Blacklight, which Im sure if that does well console wise they'll look at other games they own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seanftdseanftd Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Yeah it would, Cryptic would need to send a Dev team to do it, might have to allocate resources from somewhere else, that could go to....Fixing bug, or adding new ships, or adding new Reps, or fixing new bugs, or add new content, or fixing new bugs, or add another Adventure zone....or fixing new bugs.

Bringing Sto to console could be a new source of income , maybe funding from a dedicated console community wouldn't be a back thing. And are these bugs preventing us from playing the game, not that I can see.
  • zenzenarimasenzenzenarimasen Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    what a very informative and well thought out response. Such a excellent contribution. Even if all you said was yes, it wouldn't have any impact on either side

No/tenchar

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → Ⓑ Ⓐ
  • earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~BranFlakes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~BranFlakes

My laptop is unable to accept any upgrades. I said this already. Others started the fame war, not me. I also stated that I won't have the money for a new console or Laptop for a few years. Besides that I can get a console for less used and have it still have the same specs as a new one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    NEIN NEIN NEIN!!!!

NO! PC based MMO's should not and will never go console based.
    PERIOD.

"This is Admiral BumBleBush!..Captain of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
    edited July 2013
    bumblebush wrote: »
    NEIN NEIN NEIN!!!!

NO! PC based MMO's should not and will never go console based.
    PERIOD.

"This is Admiral BumBleBush!..Captain of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"

So DCUO isn't a PC based MMO?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ok sure, why not? Let the console folks have a go. :) I have nothing against consoles, I've even owned a few. Personally I enjoy consoles for driving games, stuff I can play with my kids, etc. I won't touch a shooter because I'm a lot more accurate with a mouse (the fps games with that silly auto targeting TRIBBLE just aren't right). An rpg? sure I enjoy those on console too. I'm not too sure how STO would work out that way though. I've tried flying my ships with a controller and first of all the camera control is just TRIBBLE. Even with a mouse I find it TRIBBLE unless I shut off all the self centering/follow target stuff to get a totally free camera. On the ground I play this game as an rpg anyway so yes the auto targeting is in use but even then my camera is in free mode. But these are just my own opinions, it's not like they (pwe/cryptic) will actually take the time and money to port it off to a console anyway. If they did, I'd have to say good deal, more players hopefully.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Deal with what
    JtaDmwW.png
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My laptop is unable to accept any upgrades. I said this already. Others started the fame war, not me. I also stated that I won't have the money for a new console or Laptop for a few years. Besides that I can get a console for less used and have it still have the same specs as a new one.
    So would a refurbished laptop of a given date.

The used console having the same specs as a new one is actually a point against it: the standardized architecture and long generation length (compared to PCs) means that the minimum level of tech in a new or slightly used computer quickly outpaces that of a console.

Consoles mainly have the advantage of putting all or nearly all of their resources towards running the game, unlike PCs which typically have many more background applications running and larger OSes.
    So DCUO isn't a PC based MMO?
    It's a Sony MMO, which means that they developed it for both PC and PS3 at the same time. That's different from taking an existing PC MMO and porting it to a console.
    edited July 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    [This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~BranFlakes

Excellent. So you saw the mod ask you to keep personal insults out of the thread, and then deliver two.

Hopefully, you'll enjoy a nice vacation from the forums for these flagrant violations.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
    edited July 2013

EDIT: Hey folks. The moderation team kindly warned everyone to play nice. Since it doesn't seem like that can happen anymore, this thread is being closed. There are no plans at this time for STO to be ported to any consoles. -Brandon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.