test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The new threat to the universe is...

xpectadeth68xpectadeth68 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
THE VIDIANS.
...watch.

I wouldve said the hirogen,but that would be too easy.

Remember,you heard it here first.
Post edited by xpectadeth68 on

Comments

• Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited July 2013
    So you are assuming the Think Tank lied regarding the curing of the phage? From what I could tell, that was the only drive to violence the Viidians had.
  • Options
    vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Right now it's Cryptic itself....................
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vocmcp wrote: »

You mean, PWE itself...
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    With the way the voting was going, I thought it was going to be Mulgrew's acting...
  • Options
    zenzenarimasenzenzenarimasen Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    With the way the voting was going, I thought it was going to be Mulgrew's acting...

I found her acting to be far preferable to William Shatner and Scott Bacula's acting.

I have a hypothesis that the vast majority of Janeway haters just want to see themselves being the captain of their favorite show and they get unnerved about trying to think about themselves as a female captain. The Voyager series had far worse problems than Mulgrew, who I think put on a brilliant performance despite all the other problems in the show, like Harry Kim the Forever Ensign, or the overuse of shakey cam.

If you think Mulgrew was bad, check out the original actress who was chosen to play Janeway. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SIZcDWKyw0 Now HER acting was attrocious. I can't begin to think how badly she would butcher the line Janeway had later in the series: "there's coffee in that nebula"

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → Ⓑ Ⓐ
  • Options
    timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited July 2013
    I found her acting to be far preferable to William Shatner and Scott Bacula's acting.

I have a hypothesis that the vast majority of Janeway haters just want to see themselves being the captain of their favorite show and they get unnerved about trying to think about themselves as a female captain. The Voyager series had far worse problems than Mulgrew, who I think put on a brilliant performance despite all the other problems in the show, like Harry Kim the Forever Ensign, or the overuse of shakey cam.

If you think Mulgrew was bad, check out the original actress who was chosen to play Janeway. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SIZcDWKyw0 Now HER acting was attrocious. I can't begin to think how badly she would butcher the line Janeway had later in the series: "there's coffee in that nebula"

Yeah, that actress was too soft-spoken and her delivery in that scene was pretty emotionless and uncaring. Just phoning in the lines.

I've got my issues with Mulgrew's handling of the role, but she did a passable job most of the time.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    On topic:

I don't think it's the Vidians. I thought about the Kazon, but I doubt they would be any threat, so don't think so either.

Off topic:

Kate Mulgrew, bad? You have got to be kidding. The charater itself was kind of "unstable", but her acting is very good.
  • Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It has been confirmed in the latest interview that it is NOT the Kazon.

I hope it ends up being the Krenim. They were interesting.

Odds are that ends up being the Undine though since they already have Undine assets ingame, and the fact that they recently yanked Terradome for no "good" reason other than to "remaster and re-release it sometime down the road with no eta".
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Half of an actors problems come from the script they're handed. It's been noted that VOY's writing staff seemed to have an "I don't care, here's your show, where's my paycheck" addiutude. After DS9 ended, one of it's writers moved over. He asked someone "hey, how do you write this character" you know, charactization, continuity. The response he got back was "eh, what ever." Needless to say he quit not long after.

Now as for Shatner....
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    therealfluffytherealfluffy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Vaadwaur. They should've recovered by now and they want their Underspace back. And they want revenge on both Janeway and the races who destroyed their planet and almost made their people extinct. And they have thousands of years of history of being a violent and expansive race.
  • Options
    carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Stahl said it wasn't going to be the Kazon.

I therefore surmise that it will be the Kazon.

No, seriously. I'm going with the Swarm. They will have some kind of carrier ship that launches those smaller drain ships that attach themselves to your hull and do damage while they drain your ship of power.
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Neelix' cooking.:P
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Odds are that ends up being the Undine though since they already have Undine assets ingame, and the fact that they recently yanked Terradome for no "good" reason other than to "remaster and re-release it sometime down the road with no eta".

Except that its been explicitly stated that it is a new enemy. Undine aren't new.
  • Options
    dixoniumdixonium Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Whatever the upcoming storyline brings us, I for one am hoping the Vidiian phage was not cured. The Vidiians are among my favorite Star Trek races, and I'm hoping they'll one day make it into the game.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So you are assuming the Think Tank lied regarding the curing of the phage? From what I could tell, that was the only drive to violence the Viidians had.

Have to agree with that, just watched that episode again.

Seriously there are far more dangerous races they encountered than that one also, whole sections of the delta quadrant that were completely bypassed because the enemies that owned those sectors were deadly.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Have to agree with that, just watched that episode again.

Seriously there are far more dangerous races they encountered than that one also, whole sections of the delta quadrant that were completely bypassed because the enemies that owned those sectors were deadly.

Among those guys only known but never seen were these:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Krowtonan_Guard

they might have potential.;)
  • Options
    naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2013

You made me laugh! :-D

I would say: Voth.
  • Options
    gornman47gornman47 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My vote goes to the Vadwaur and/or the Voth. Either would make good sense story wise, considering the Vadwaur would probably be strong enough by this time period to pose a real threat. The Voth were kinda all powerful and would make for a great enemy where our heroes would actually have to use their brains to get out of a bad situation involving the Voth.
    I just hope we get to go to the Delta Quadrant itself instead of the enemy coming to us.
    Q: [quoting Hartley] "Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays..."
  • Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Except that its been explicitly stated that it is a new enemy. Undine aren't new.

Because everything Cryptic says is 100% accurate. They go with a minimalist approach which fits right in with my guess of it being the Undine. Not to mention the yanking of Terradome for no "good" reason when they could have simply made the changes and rereleased it instead of yanking it all together and getting to it sometime down the road.
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    zdfx19zdfx19 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Really, with SO MANY unfinished storylines and alien enemy threats they need to finish the bumpy forehead alien with a gun story from last episode before introducing a new one only to leave it hanging too...
  • Options
    eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I honestly think the Vidians would make a great enemy. Yes, the Think Tank said they cured the Phage, but what if the Phage mutated (again) just like it was constantly prone to doing? What if it forced the Vidians back into their old ways of hunting and harvesting body parts?

Could be great fun. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theuser2021theuser2021 Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was just about to say, The Vidiians were supposedly cured by the think tank crew. Never made any darn sense to me. How is it in the 24th-25th century when star fleet has nanobots and advanced medical technology does a virus still harm anyone, let alone still exist? And why go through the trouble of stealing alien organs? I think about how close we are to being able to genetically grow or 3d print replacement organs. I mean we even saw that technology in other star trek episodes. Why couldn't the doctor just show them how to clone new organs? Heck, why not just go cyborg? Phage took your arm? Get a super strong Vidiian Data arm.

Like I said the Vidiians made no sense.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    eulifdavis wrote: »
    I honestly think the Vidians would make a great enemy. Yes, the Think Tank said they cured the Phage, but what if the Phage mutated (again) just like it was constantly prone to doing? What if it forced the Vidians back into their old ways of hunting and harvesting body parts?

Could be great fun. ;)

Because if they went that route, they'd admit they've run out of ideas and are just rehashing old ones. It would also resemble to approach they had in the 1960's Batman series, where a bump to thead was all it took the create King Tut...again and again.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i still say and hope krenim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Janeway was one of the best

Now you want bad wooden acting

Look to the new films for that
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member Posts: 269
    edited July 2013
    vocmcp wrote: »

Please grow up or at least put up a YouTube video of yourself crying.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I have a hypothesis that the vast majority of Janeway haters just want to see themselves being the captain of their favorite show and they get unnerved about trying to think about themselves as a female captain.

No my problem was with the inconsistent characterisation of Janeway.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    cabezadetortugacabezadetortuga Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I fully agree. Mulgrew was one of the most talented members of the cast, and I think that she pulled the part of a Starfleet captain off beautifully. Janeway, Tuvok, and the Doctor were very well portrayed in the television program, in my opinion.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, Mulgrew's acting was very good. The problem with Janeway was the writing. The writers on Voyager were absolutely god awful terrible. And in Enterprise, you had the same poor quality writers and they were phoning it in even more.

Even the best actors can look bad with crappy scripts.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Back on topic...

I think the new enemy is the suliban cabal resurrected... Maybe the pre-foundation for "future-guy" from enterprise.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas