test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion for Saucer/Chevron Sep, etc.

kcansur7kcansur7 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
I would like to suggest, for the Galaxy Retrofit, Odyssey and Bortasqu', that whenever we launch the saucer/chevron or the Aquarius or HoH'SuS, that a status window comes up for the pet so we don't have to try and search for it, especially in the middle of combat.

Seeing as how the status window for carrier pets was just launched, this should be too difficult.
Post edited by kcansur7 on

Comments

• tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You could just focus target the pet. That way it will remain pinned in your HUD and you don't have to worry about it so much.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i don't exactly know why the oddy/bortasq pet isn't a hanger.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yea I have no idea why it isn't a hangar also
    edited July 2013
    well i guess you and I are the only ones.
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    i don't exactly know why the oddy/bortasq pet isn't a hanger.

I am pretty sure it is because originally the only other carrier was the Vo'quv and they had wanted it to be a klingon thing ( then the feds whined and whined until they got the atrox). IT is also because they are Cruisers, while carriers are science vessels. it would be weird to have the flagships be science ships, especially because the flagship has always been a cruiser of some sort.
  • trillscientisttrillscientist Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I fully support this suggestion and would even want them to go a step further: make separated parts of our starship controllable like hangar pets.
    edited July 2013
    I am pretty sure it is because originally the only other carrier was the Vo'quv and they had wanted it to be a klingon thing ( then the feds whined and whined until they got the atrox). IT is also because they are Cruisers, while carriers are science vessels. it would be weird to have the flagships be science ships, especially because the flagship has always been a cruiser of some sort.

yeah, but things change.
    The Jem Dread is a pretty poor science vessel.

I know they spent alot on the pet animation, but with the new carrier controls, it seems silly that the Voq that releases BOP that you can control uses it, but the Bortasq that releases a BOP cannot.
    edited July 2013
    yeah, but things change.
    The Jem Dread is a pretty poor science vessel.

I know they spent alot on the pet animation, but with the new carrier controls, it seems silly that the Voq that releases BOP that you can control uses it, but the Bortasq that releases a BOP cannot.

Sorry to say, it is very unlikely to change. It is very rare ( I cannot think of an example right now of it ever happening) that Cryptic changes a ship already in game, and these ships have been around for a while. I do agree though that seeing the pets HP would be awesome, even if it is unlikely to happen.

The Jem dread is also a mutant of a ship, though it does actually have the science abilities, and in general Carriers are Science vessels
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All ships with pets that are built-in should get standard pet controls.
    edited July 2013
    Sorry to say, it is very unlikely to change. It is very rare ( I cannot think of an example right now of it ever happening) that Cryptic changes a ship already in game, and these ships have been around for a while. I do agree though that seeing the pets HP would be awesome, even if it is unlikely to happen.

The Jem dread is also a mutant of a ship, though it does actually have the science abilities, and in general Carriers are Science vessels

Karfi was radically changed for the better
    edited July 2013
    Karfi was radically changed for the better

really? when did that happen? and was it close to its release date?
    edited July 2013
    The karfi was the worst ship in the game.
    One hanger, if I recall, and a bunch of other problems (and free). They buffed and fixed it and put it in the z store.

Same with the marauder, I think. It didn't use to have a hanger.

Cryptic has went back and radically changed ships from their intended purpose before.

The oddy and bortasq 's pet (not chevron sep) should been a hanger pet like the scimitar
  • kcansur7kcansur7 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tc10b wrote: »
    You could just focus target the pet. That way it will remain pinned in your HUD and you don't have to worry about it so much.

My point is that we shouldn't have to. ie: In the heat of a battle, it's not that easy to target my pet and set focus.