test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The 'old' gorn look.

azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Art of Star Trek Online
I miss the original Gorn look that this game had at launch. I'm not saying they should go back to it entirely, but it would be nice to have it come back as an option!

I want a TOS era gorn, not an Ent era gorn.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They're gorn forever, I'm afraid. (Sorry... it was going to happen anyway, so we might as well get it over with.)

Slightly more seriously, the new STO gorn don't look like the ENT gorn as far as I remember, while the old gorn look... nothing like the TOS gorn. They were kind of cartoonish in my opinion.
  • Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Better to put all three in, the TOS, and ENT with the STO Gorn, since they have 3 races according to memory beta.
  • Options
    farginaut#6835 farginaut Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Maybe if they ever fix tailor for them they might include them as options.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=750021&highlight=gorn
  • Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would love having the TOS Gorn and his uniform too.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Some players still have them. They're super rare, but I still see them every so often. Would love to have them back. :)
  • Options
    aliendejouraliendejour Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would love having the TOS Gorn and his uniform too.

I've got to support this. I'd like to see TOS options for Gorn ... all the KDF groups really.
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Some players still have them. They're super rare, but I still see them every so often. Would love to have them back. :)

Really? I had mine preserved for a long time, but eventually, the graphic just broke as if it was gone altogether, and my Gorn's head became invisible with two floating metallic eyepieces.

If it hadn't been for that graphical error, I would've never modified my Gorn's look.
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Nice to know I still have something actually quite rare. I always make sure I never alter that slot in the tailor to preserve it for posterity and I am probably responsible for many old gorn sightings :)

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    azniadeet wrote: »
    Really? I had mine preserved for a long time, but eventually, the graphic just broke as if it was gone altogether, and my Gorn's head became invisible with two floating metallic eyepieces.

If it hadn't been for that graphical error, I would've never modified my Gorn's look.

Yeah, I saw one about a month or two ago, so I think there are a few left.
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They're gorn forever, I'm afraid. (Sorry... it was going to happen anyway, so we might as well get it over with.)

Slightly more seriously, the new STO gorn don't look like the ENT gorn as far as I remember, while the old gorn look... nothing like the TOS gorn. They were kind of cartoonish in my opinion.

No they are not. Almost all of my Gorn are from before the change. The data is still there, just disabled.

And I DO want to have those options reactivated. Maybe as a lifetime subscriber perk perhaps?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    davidwford wrote: »
    No they are not. Almost all of my Gorn are from before the change. The data is still there, just disabled.

And I DO want to have those options reactivated. Maybe as a lifetime subscriber perk perhaps?

Nooooooooooo! I want them too!!! :(
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Nooooooooooo! I want them too!!! :(

I might have a few extra. Send me a message and I will send them to you.