test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cruiser help

bogarfbogarf Member Posts: 29 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Federation Discussion
Ok, so im an eng and have the avenger and i like it but i fancy a change.

I want a big tanky beam boat to broadside with. Im looking to do sustained dps not top dps. I know that sounds weird but being top dps does nothin for me, i want to sit ant tank while doing ok damage.

So which cruiser should i go for?

I do have the leech console and am assuming i will have to spend some money.

Thankyou in advance
Post edited by bogarf on

Comments

• Options
    chaseling94chaseling94 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i would recommend the odyssy science cruiser. (just that) the set is ok but i dont use the consoles. the science one has the balence of 4 eng 4 sci and 2 tact. so you can build up on your shields and hp and resistance within those slots. the hull str itself is beast. and its the only ody cruiser that has "Sensor Analysis" which after a breif duration of time will buff your dmg against your enemies. your choice.
  • Options
    cyberpunk1977cyberpunk1977 Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm using Fleet Assault Cruiser refit which I'm really happy with as a beam boat

With Tachyokinetic converter console, Plasmonic Leech, Assimilated console & Zero point console, Flow capacitors pretty much set to max in skills

Seems to serve me quite well so far.

I also use FAW 2 & 3, BO2 or 3 (cant remember) & Aux2batt
  • Options
    greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I run 2-piece Saucer Sep console and Workbees, Tac Oddysey. The Regent is nice as well, the wide angle quantum is good for broadsiding.
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You want a tank with good sustained damage? That's easy.

Tac Odyssey with two copies of APB and one or two copies of BFAW.

Fleet Assault Cruiser Refit, or Assault Cruiser Refit (fleet is nice, but not necessary) with BFAW and APB.

(barfs quietly in a corner) I can't believe I am saying this, but the Excelsior (VA and Fleet) are also good for tank and sustained DPS, but you are almost forced to run an Aux2Bat build with this ship (something you are not pigeonholed into doing with the other two).

As you probably noticed, none of these three are cheap/easy to get. You will need Zen. Or you will need a high level fleet shipyard. That's the price cruisers pay for being cruisers.

Of course you can always just get a MUAC and call it a day, it can deal decent damage and tanks well. It won't do as well as the above 3 options, but it will do what you need it to.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    matchstick606matchstick606 Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    some fleet cruisers i have yet to try but the Excelsior class, Ambassador class, Odyssey class are going to be great tanks. Also if your willing to pay for it the voth flight-deck cruiser is a amazing ship. it only gets 2 cruiser commands like the gal-x but still is a great ship.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Mirror Star Cruiser. Cheap off the Exchange, has the Sovereign's good looks, tanks like a champ.
  • Options
    coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The Oddy is a great tank in any of its variants...

The Fleet Galaxy can tank but not sure about the DPS... I ran Aux2Bat and that helps with the Adv Fleet AP weapons.

The Fleet Sovy also is another option...

But if you have the Lobi... get the Elachi Battlecruiser. Similar stats of the Fleet Avenger but slightly better
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The Tactical Odyssey.

I run mine with Stuff and Things. Here is a List.

Boffs.

Eng Cmdr - EPtE1, EPtS2, EPtW3, Aux2Sif3
    Tac Lt. Cmdr - BFAW1, AP:B1, AP:B2
    Tac Lt. - TT1, BFAW2
    Sci Lt. - HE1, TBR2(this is user choice i like TBR)
    Sci Ens. - TSS1

I Use Fleet Warp core of choice, Fleet shields of choice, Fleet Deflector of choice and Borg Engines.

Moving on to devices.
    Standard shield, aux and wep batts, plus the Subspace Field Modulator.

Moving on to consoles.

3x Dil Mine Neutroniums Mk XII +Turn.
    Currently 3x Anitproton mag Reg Mk X Purple (will be getting Mk XII Spire ones)
    Assimilated Module
    Nukara Particle Converter
    Aquarius Console
    Chevron Seperation

I Have a TT Doff, 3x EPtX Doffs(to reduce CD on them) another EPtX Doff to increase all power levels on use.

My Weapons are 6x Fleet Antiproton Beam Arrays [Accx2 Dmgx2]
    Kinetic cutting beam
    Omni-Directional Antiproton Beam Array(from the Carrier set obtained from Sphere of Influence)

I really enjoy it on my Fed Eng. I Rarely blow up, but when i do its spectacular! Plus on the off chance i wanna be cheeky i can pop that Aquarius out. My Power levels always sit at 125 Wep, 90 Shield, 60 Eng and 62 Aux the way i have it. But i can get full 125 Across the board by popping some EptX.

Its a pretty boss setup.
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The Avenger both c-store and fleet is a nice versatile tank, well worth the price
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      I personally like the Galaxy retrofit. It's got a nice think hull to tank in, but if you need that extra boost in agility, you can pop the saucer and go.

I know the tactical Odyssey does that better, but... come on, who can say no to a Galaxy? It's shmexy.:D
      It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
    • Options
      bogarfbogarf Member Posts: 29 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      Thankyou all for the answers its all been good advice. At the mo im looking at the regent then fleet assault as my fleet should be t 5 shipyard soon i think.

Build wise it looks like tt1, beam overload 2, then apb? For tac Ensign tac will be another tt1 i think, or i could have 1 aux/bat and have a high yeild or spread there. Dunno if thats silly tho, but then not caring bout being top dps i have a certain freedom lol.
    • Options
      cyberpunk1977cyberpunk1977 Member Posts: 179 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      Personally I dont bother with torpedos on my cruiser, I broadside enemys & use FAW 1 &
      I prefer FAW over BO, However I have got BO on my ship also. Weapons batteries, EPW & Aux2Batt keep my damage quite high :)

Borg cutting beam is quite good, Rom Ex beam array also does not drain power
    • Options
      corbinwolf#9797 corbinwolf Member Posts: 565 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      Fleet Excelsior... hate the looks myself but inevitably I keep going back to it. It's just too bloody good not to be used. A case of reluctant love, to say the least; but worthy of every iota of praise it receives. :rolleyes:
      "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
    • Options
      jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
      edited November 2013
      nothing can touch a Fleet Galaxy as a pure tank

just dont plan on killing much with 2 tactical consoles and a Lt tac officer
      Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
      Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
      Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse