test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Formal Apology to Taco...

nxclass13nxclass13 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
It's the 4th of July...it's a holiday. So what does any decent person who works on a game do on his day off? GAME OF COURSE!

However.....after reaching Risa today our fearless (environment artist - keep that in mind) pops up with a hearty hello to all his fellow players.

This is when things got out of hand.

#1 - Flaming the artist because you dont have the skill to fly the Fly High mission (which I do on 3 toons everyday and have never had an issue) and screaming that its broken...is childish.

#2 - Screaming that your computer is sub par and your graphics are glitchy at the artist is childish.

#3 Screaming at the artist that your bird is glitched and not moving so FIX IT NOW OR ELSE at the artist...is childish.

Im so embarrassed by our community today. It disgusts me that someone can't even log in and be social on a holiday without getting burned to the ground with insults and threats.

Seriously Taco....I apologize for our community today. You guys work hard...you listen to what we say, you join in with us in the game....very rare for a gaming company to do that.

We love you for it.
Post edited by nxclass13 on

Comments

• Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nxclass13 wrote: »
    It's the 4th of July...it's a holiday. So what does any decent person who works on a game do on his day off? GAME OF COURSE!

However.....after reaching Risa today our fearless (environment artist - keep that in mind) pops up with a hearty hello to all his fellow players.

#1 - Flaming the artist because you dont have the skill to fly the Fly High mission (which I do on 3 toons everyday and have never had an issue) and screaming that its broken...is childish.

#2 - Screaming that your computer is sub par and your graphics are glitchy at the artist is childish.

#3 Screaming at the artist that your bird is glitched and not moving so FIX IT NOW OR ELSE at the artist...is childish.

Im so embarrassed by our community today. It disgusts me that someone can't even log in and be social on a holiday without getting burned to the ground with insults and threats.

Seriously Taco....I apologize for our community today. You guys work hard...you listen to what we say, you join in with us in the game....very rare for a gaming company to do that.

We love you for it.

Seconded, it was absolutely nuts how the zone chat was acting, and not in a good way.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    velktravelktra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I am the absolute worst at any type of "fly through the rings" activity (can't do the time travel mission at all, lol), but I have no trouble at all with Flying High.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah I agree with OP.

Kudos to Taco for showing up in Risa local. :)
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, that's pretty terrible behaviour from the community. I'm not one for letting the devs of easy on stuff I feel needs fixing, but there's a time and a place.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    themartian wrote: »
    Yeah, that's pretty terrible behaviour from the community. I'm not one for letting the devs of easy on stuff I feel needs fixing, but there's a time and a place.

Yeah, but I assume you at least understand the futility of harassing an environmental artist about for example marauder BOFFs.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey, Taco, create a Ferasan and we'll invite you to the CatPhone channel. I require a certain amount of decorum in that channel and we would greatly appreciate talking with you whenever you are online!
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited July 2013
    Really? That happened today??
    I had no idea, I decided to take a brake from Risa :P and do some other missions today.

And this is suposed to be good/nice community. :rolleyes: And people wonder why the devs. are reluctant to communicate with us.

And flame at whom? At the dev. that has always been nice to us and is most present on the forums and continuosly communicates with us here on many topics, wheather they are STO related or not.
    Taco, I hope you didn't get offended by whatever behavior you encountered today and I hope you understand that certain individuals do not represent the STO community as a whole. Many of us appreciate the level of communication you have with us and hope this doesn't drive you off the forums and communicating with the playerbase in general.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, but I assume you at least understand the futility of harassing an environmental artist about for example marauder BOFFs.

Of course, but even if he were the guy most responsible for it, I wouldn't hassle him about it on Risa. I would hassle him about giving us bikinis for lohlunat favors :D
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
  • Options
    aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Join PvP Boot Camp! We have cake, skill respecs, exclusive sexy "PvP Boot Camp Graduate" ingame titles! Be the envy if your fleet mates! Don't be a square! Be a triangle for STO's round hole ;) BANG! ZOOM! WIZARD LEMONADE GIGGLE SWISH!

Sign up in the sub forum and learn from some of the community's best! Learn how to work as a team, get the very best out of your ship, make keybinds to make you faster, harder, longer lasting in all aspects of space combat!

Are you feeling lonely? Are the same o' STFs leaving you unsatisfied? Do you long for some ever evolving goodness to shake your nacelle at? Join PVP Boot Camp! The only community suited & booted project to leave you wanting more... *Sean Connery eye-brow wiggle*

Also - who's been mean to Taco? We can't have that! I know a guy with some cement and a map to a deep river, just putting it out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    No worries. It comes with the territory.
    I was glad to talk with you guys, and hear good things from those of you having a good time.

I explain what it is I do nearly every time I join a zone chat. But I don't expect anyone to pay attention or understand that. It's nice that some people do, but it's certainly not expected.

I will never be offended by such activity. Annoyed, maybe. Offended, no.

Party On Dudes.

ETA: And Aquit, I would stop spamming the boards if I was you. One post, in one thread, about the topic is plenty.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    linkjoylinkjoy Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2013

We love you for it.

I guess I missed some excitement! Issue is, people have had bottled up anger for awhile taking bug after bug, things not getting fixed, content being pushed out without proper testing. Content being pushed out with bugs that everyone reports and nothing gets done. Tickets never being answered, etremely high prices on the Zen store.

They finally blew up. I don't blame them. Taking out on an Artist dev won't do anything, but hopefully it will show Cryptic how angry the fans are.

Or they will just give up on the gmae and shut it down. Who knows at this point, i hardly play anymore, don't really want to play anymore, instead of getting angry I just don't care, and really don't play. It's to angering for me now.

Sorry dev's. But three years is a long enough wait.

Spending nearly $250.00 on Zen (yes I know it's my fault.) But things hardly getting fixed, a bug on my character for the last 3 months. yeah it's time to quit. Ridiculous prices on the Zen store 400 Zen just for a respect? give me break.

Sorry this game is going the way of the dodo bird, I wish I was there to see the fans explode.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    No worries. It comes with the territory.
    I was glad to talk with you guys, and hear good things from those of you having a good time.

I explain what it is I do nearly every time I join a zone chat. But I don't expect anyone to pay attention or understand that. It's nice that some people do, but it's certainly not expected.

I will never be offended by such activity. Annoyed, maybe. Offended, no.

Party On Dudes.

ETA: And Aquit, I would stop spamming the boards if I was you. One post, in one thread, about the topic is plenty.

We love you Taco!!!!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, I love you, Taco, even if I don't show it. Stay outta Zone chat! It's a wretched hive of scum and villainy!
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited July 2013

We love you for it.

We all know Taco shouldn't have to deal with this immature nonsense and deserves to relax on Holidays, but get real. Did you forget the armpit of the STO community that loves to troll, grief, afk, non-stop whine, etc? You're being a little naive here.

Sadly, the best advice I can give to Taco is to use an alias when playing STO so he can relax without being trolled to death.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    raklau1971raklau1971 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2013

We love you for it.

This does not surprise me one bit, every time I see a Dev speak in zone chat there instantly overwhelmed with questions, nit picks and rants.

It's a wonder they speak in zone chat at all, but I'm glad they do.

Thank you so much Dev's for all your hard work, some of us do appreciate all you do.

/agreed with OP.
  • Options
    xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    TACO, Risa is beautiful. You did a fantastic job. It made me realize I have the need for a real life tropical vacation! Keep up the outstanding work! :D
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's not always so bad, he was in sector space yesterday and not many people flamed him....although his catch phrase should be, I don't do ships, I am an environmental artist.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    It's not always so bad, he was in sector space yesterday and not many people flamed him....although his catch phrase should be, I don't do ships, I am an environmental artist.

Taco "Creator of Worlds"

Has more BANG! :cool:
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Risa's turned into another ESD. I disable zone chat when I'm in either locale just so I don't have to look at other people's BS. I used to play whack-a-mole with /ignore but it's hard to do that while you're running around and having a good time.

Taco, kudos for braving zone chat in the first place, and thank you for that beautiful new world you and the team created for us.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »

For his dev account his ship should be the USS Idontdoships. :P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I do think Taco and the team deserve some sort of Magrathean award for their work on Risa. I enjoy floating around it.
    My alt army:
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    themartian wrote: »
    I do think Taco and the team deserve some sort of Magrathean award for their work on Risa. I enjoy floating around it.

He could put an outline of his face in a glacier like in HGTTG.

Of course as World Builder, he would have to be the one that did it.

(He could also use "Slartibartfast" as his secret Toon name.)
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Jamjamz got..awww man!

Come on folks, get a clue... Thats what executive producers are for...Asbestus BVD's are part of the cryptic studio issue official executive producer approved uniform.

Flame D'Stahl!

(Though I would like to talk to JJ's partner handling uniform issues.. but NOT in game.. man!
    (risian flower ornements on KDF Colors stuff)) And...aw man, seconded apologies! Thats sucks!)

*really big sigh!*
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am so so so so embarrassed. . . And I didn't even witness this

No wonder I really hate people in this game most of the time. . .
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited July 2013

We love you for it.

Pretty much standard STO community right there. I'm unsurprised.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    Sadly, the best advice I can give to Taco is to use an alias when playing STO so he can relax without being trolled to death.

All devs, including me, have a private account, which is just like any other players. When we just want to play, that's what we play on.

If you see me in zone chat, it's intentional.
    xelene13 wrote: »
    TACO, Risa is beautiful. You did a fantastic job. It made me realize I have the need for a real life tropical vacation! Keep up the outstanding work! :D

Send pictures!
    lan451 wrote: »
    For his dev account his ship should be the USS Idontdoships. :P

I might do that.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Adding my voice to show my love to Taco, Jamz, Frost, Kestral, Bran, and just about everyone I don't know about.

The angriest voices tend to be the loudest, hopefully my tiny squeek can help counter that.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Unfortunately, the community is probably composed of the same angry kids everywhere. I apologise for them, and I thank you for your time, and work.
    STO have a real opportunity to have Devs that participate both ingame and on the forum regularly, more than just a random "Thx for the feedback" and "We will investigate this issue" we can see elsewhere. Some people say they don't listen, but I want them to move on the SWTOR forum, or almost any other MMO forum, and they'll understand what that really mean.

Keep up the good work, and upgrade your flame shield, most of us love the job you do !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Love you taco! Keep it up! :D:D:D
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
  • Options
    corseaucorseau Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sorry to hear about the flaming on Risa Taco. I wasn't there but it saddens me that people act shamefully. Keep up the good work, most of us appreciate your hard work and the rest who don't can go jump in a lake.