What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Formal Apology to Taco...

13»

Comments

• voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Tacofangs rules! :)

This is why I always have zone chat turned off. Risa seemed so peaceful to me, I did not realize that it was such a disturbing hive of trash. Unchecking the zone chat checkbox is your friend. But I salute the grand Taco for braving both the forums and zone chat!
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    stark2k wrote: »
    By the way, can you pass the message to the Devs about this Risa event Daily Mission BUG, I have been unable to complete the mission for a week now because the mission "Flying High" gives me only one race course and not the prescribed amount to earn the pearls.

Here is a Link:

Link to "Flying High" Mission BUG <---- Click on link and then click on image to enlarge.

Once again my apologies.

It's already in the tribble patch notes, expect it to hit next patch, probably Thursday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    And people wonder why the devs don't talk to us more. :rolleyes:

I for one try to be pleasant and interesting conversation partner. I find that gets me farther in life. ;)
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    caldannach wrote: »
    This is the downfall of F2P games, every Tom, **** and Harry with a PC can play, including the imbeciles and children that you just dont see as many of in subscription games. Ah well, like the man said, ignore frenzy!

In the SWTOR forums, the general consensus seems to be that the subscribing population has a higher percentage of such people. :eek:

That said, F2P doesn't necessarily have to exclusively bring in bad people. Unless, of course, you think I'm a bad person...

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I saw what they were saying to Taco. I applaudthe man for his restraint. It was wrong.

These 'professional' (as i call them) flamers haters and complainers need to remember
    the following old sayings:

1 you cant please all of the people all of the time.
    2 You only have one pair of hands. (Devs can only do so much in the hours of the day)
    3 Treat people the way you wish to be treated yourself. Inother words behave like an TRIBBLE and you reduce the chances of Devs ever listening to you.
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dalolorn wrote: »
    In the SWTOR forums, the general consensus seems to be that the subscribing population has a higher percentage of such people. :eek:

That said, F2P doesn't necessarily have to exclusively bring in bad people. Unless, of course, you think I'm a bad person...

In the SWTOR forums, the only people allowed to post are subscribers, right? And what a flamefest that is, last time I checked, wow (incidentally, F2P's apparently don't have the right to customer support there? WTH? I was appalled and left :p Didn't even come back when they fixed the bug I [helpfully and respectfully] reported.).

I don't know, I think it's just a downside of communication on the internet in general. The detachment that comes from hedged communications makes it "easier" to be nasty. Then, when people feel strongly about something, things just get really bad really fast.

I don't like it, but it does seem that way. I support the sentiments expressed in this thread, wholeheartedly. That kind of stuff is just uncalled for, as far as I'm concerned.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    unikon wrote: »
    There are a LOT of nagging issues after the Expansion was released. I don't blame them for blowing up at the first dev they saw.
    I do. Let me speak to you the same way as some of those, ahem, 'players' unloaded on Taco and then we'll see if you are as classy as he was in the way you handle it. One of the worst things about the Internet is the lack of consequences for bad behavior. Tacofangs is one of the good guys. If anyone on the Dev Team does not deserve that kind of childish, temper tantrum throwing, nonsensical B.S. TRIBBLE from people who play this game, it is most definitely him.

It is one thing to voice discontent about a product, using reason and logic and speaking as one adult to another while remaining civil. What happened to Taco on Risa is a very long way from the above. What happened to Taco on Risa is, sadly, far too typical. Frankly, Tacofangs was a lot more tolerant than I would have been. I probably would have snapped the handle clean off the PermaBan Hammer. And been very public and very messy about it to boot. Probably with a little collateral damage thrown in as well. Pour encourager les autres.

Y'all are aware he could do this, right? After the way he was treated he would be perfectly and, more importantly, legally justified to respond in such a fashion. And don't go shrieking about "free speech". Doesn't apply here. You clicked on the "Agree" button at the bottom of the TOS. This means you agreed beforehand to abide by all the rules in the TOS.

All of them. Even the ones you think are unfair.

TBH, Kinda hoping some of those people do get dropped from STO like a bad habit. Too many ragers in the herd.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A Dev showing up on his (I assume) Dev account on a holiday must be a TRIBBLE. ;)
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
    edited July 2013
    One of the worst things about the Internet is the lack of consequences for bad behavior.

I would say that there are plenty of consequences.

Then again, depending on the people involved, it can end up happening again...

And again...

And again... :P
    Tacofangs is one of the good guys. If anyone on the Dev Team does not deserve that kind of childish, temper tantrum throwing, nonsensical B.S. TRIBBLE from people who play this game, it is most definitely him.

Just quoted for truth. :D
    A Dev showing up on his (I assume) Dev account on a holiday must be a TRIBBLE. ;)

*tries to find another logical explanation*

*fails to find another logical explanation*

HE'S A TRIBBLE! :eek:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    edited July 2013
    twam wrote: »
    In the SWTOR forums, the only people allowed to post are subscribers, right? And what a flamefest that is, last time I checked, wow (incidentally, F2P's apparently don't have the right to customer support there? WTH? I was appalled and left :p Didn't even come back when they fixed the bug I [helpfully and respectfully] reported.)

Heh, you managed to get the bug ticket in before they fixed whatever trick we had to use to bypass the fact that we can't directly make those. :P

Now the [Complimentary Space Mission Weekly Pass] or whatever it's called doesn't work, and nobody knows about it because the only people who would know about the bug are... you guessed it, F2Pers. :mad:

And yeah, the forum limitation is just stupid. I've got quite a bit of constructive feedback I could give, plus I often want to respond to various posts in there, just like I do here. :(

Still, they're getting better at making money from the paying population through F2Pers... if only they sold tradeable customization tokens instead of forcing direct CC usage. (yes, you have to pay for any sort of customization there, F2P or not)