test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disappointed in the highly heralded new costume options.

12346»

Comments

• bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    velqua wrote: »
    I need to put my two cents in this conversation.

Not getting swimwear for the Summer Event and seeing how the off-duty clothes were not working well with other selectable outfits really soured the event. Worse is that the NPCs mock the players by wearing those sexy swimwear outfits we can't have. IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GIVE THE PLAYERS SWIMWEAR, THE NPCS SHOULD NOT BE WEARING THEM!!! I think it was rude of developers to let the NPCs have what the players wanted, especially if they were trying to not objectify women.

I suggest that either the players get the swimwear or the NPCs lose them.

The difference is that the Risa NPC's were designed to be clothed in beachwear and only beachwear, whereas the player models are designed to wear modular uniforms.

DStahl explained a long time ago why the costumes don't include speedo and bikini options and it's not just because they're not approved for general use throughout the game.
    Have you been speaking to the Hor'gahn sculptor? He gives you 20 favors if you take the mission from him before beginning the hunt.

Actually, he gives you 20 favors if you take the mission AND gather hor'gahns at 10 different locations. This is in addition to the favors you collect when you interact with them.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Since it's pretty plain that this thread can't seem to stay on topic and keeps turning into an argument about sexism, I think it's time that it was closed.

If you'd like to continue the "discussion" about sexism in STO costume design, I imagine a new thread in either Ten Forward or The Art of Star Trek Online might be appropriate, depending on whether you want a philosophical debate or whether you intend to give your feedback to the Devs.

Either way, people need to remember and follow the principle of not responding to but rather reporting a post that offends them and breaks forum rules. Friendly discussion and debate is okay. Heated arguments are not.

For future reference please remember that it helps a great deal when posts which violate the PWE Community Rules and Policies are not responded to and are reported via submitting a Forums and Website Ticket (click here).

If you think any of your posts within a thread have violated the PWE Community Rules and Policies, please edit your posts before a moderator takes action.

If you feel you need to get in touch with PWE BranFlakes to discuss the actions taken by any Community Moderator, you can do so by submitting a Forums and Website ticket (click here).

[Wide Angle Forum Phaser Mk XIV [+Mod][-Flames]].

"ZAP!"

Live Long and Prosper,
    Bluegeek
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.