Launcher will not Authenticate [Resolved!]

Comments

• zachstarchildzachstarchild Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Jim he's not dead
  • sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    javzoro wrote: »
    This is what happens when you use one server to run two games. Cost effective sure; Customer satisfaction, not so much :P

they really need to petition their Chinese Overlords for some new gear.
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We are talking bout the server hamster here... right?:confused:
  • too2muchtoo2much Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wonder if I can keep this thread open for ever...
  • medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    defalus wrote: »
    We are talking bout the server hamster here... right?:confused:

Yep. RIP Crippy.
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    crippy? thought we were on drippy?
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    medtac124 wrote: »
    Yep. RIP Crippy.

Cardiopulmonary resuscitation will take care of that, someone mail Cryptic some critical/major/minor regenerators, it's about time that hamster had its injuries taken care of. Poor Crippy has more injuries than some of the people I've seen in eSTF pugs.

No no no. His name was Crippy cuz Cryptic and also because he was crippled from keeping those servers going. He only got a break for a couple hours every Thursday morning, fer cryin out loud.
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
  • jarekcyphusjarekcyphus Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aries73321 wrote: »
    Having the same issue, was in game, but got kicked out when I tried to change characters.

and here I thought it was just me; I even went through a force verify for no good reason. *shakefist* damn you PWE!
    STO-sig3.jpg~original
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Alas, poor Crippy! I knew him well. With his bright inquisitive eyes, his unfailingly cheery personality and his enormous cheek pouches. Pouches where PWE/Cryptic hid all the Purple Drops. This is what killed Crippy. The Ebil Minyons of the Dark Forces got poor Crippy hooked on Purple Drops. Instead of sending them on to players, Crippy stuffed them into his cheeks to feast upon them later. The Ebil Minyons of the Dark Forces soon discovered that letting Crippy have regular overdoses of Purple Drops enhanced his strength and speed. At the cost of his health. The last time I saw Crippy, he was looking wan and tired. The Purple Drops also created a vicious cycle where he would run furiously for about 24 hours and then collapse in complete exhaustion. A single Purple Drop caused him to perk up nearly immediately. Whereupon he would again run furiously for about a day.

One Purple Drop became two. Two Purple Drops became four. And so on. In the end, his body starved of nutrients, Crippy simple ceased to exist. The CSI team called in to process Crippy's custom designed HabiTrail, discovered a layer of Purple Drops throughout the cage's living and sleeping areas nearly two meters thick. One of the investigators described the scene thusly:

"The stench was overpowering and the sight was nigh on unbearable. Whenever I start to think about all those players being denied Purple Drops I begin to get really angry."

R.I.P. Crippy. Please join me in alerting Sto'Vo'Kor a new warrior approaches with a rousing death howl.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • jarekcyphusjarekcyphus Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So long as this game persists to flip to STOffline once in awhile, it can endure for an eternity.
    STO-sig3.jpg~original
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mrlizardo wrote: »
    Don't they have trip-proof cabling or water-resistant servers or something?

Knowing Cryptic, the servers run on wi-fi and they STILL tripped over the cables. :cool:

(The servers may be waterproof, but not drool proof. Derp.);)
  • thebouncereggzthebouncereggz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Unable to connect again ..... really all 2nd time tonight....:mad:
  • tabzentabzen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep ... just got hit with this aswell.

Early patch maybe ?
  • thebouncereggzthebouncereggz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    no login server crashed again.. was in game lagged out
  • parisalexandria1parisalexandria1 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Another Hamster bites the dust
  • sardiajaxsardiajax Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same here, unable to authenticate...i clicked log off character...i get booted to the login screen, and it just sits there...

:rolleyes:
  • kingdave1220kingdave1220 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still not working. Unable to authenticate.
  • methodus2063methodus2063 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "unable to Authenticate"

I hope this is fixed soon. this is some what frustrating.
    Imperial Secret Order. "we are the ones that maintain the balance of power in the universe. May our shadow never fall upon you."
  • suiksagasuiksaga Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just logged in and was playing around on one of my character of mine then went to switch to another and got DCed, now I can not reconnect as it keeps saying its timed out....

My second account also is saying Unable to authenticate, upon trying to login.
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here unable to authenticate: UK BST 06:54
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • suiksagasuiksaga Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Unable to connect myself on both of my accounts, so not sure what your saying unless your trolling everyone that you can connect.
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still not working. Unable to authenticate.

Same here. I just woke up so I have no idea when these issues started, but I'm unable to authenticate atm :|

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oh good, I was afraid I got TRIBBLE... glad to know the hamster died again...

Same here. One day Cryptic will have to pay for our heart medication.:D
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • sekusei28sekusei28 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What the hell I go to change characters game crashes to desktop and now it's giving me unable to authenticate error
  • sardiajaxsardiajax Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    monjon1 wrote: »
    Same issue here.. exited game and now getting the same deal.. Tried NWO launcher, same issue.

gee, and here we were told nothing is interconnected...

time to get individual login servers cryptic....ffs...
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep - Unable to Authenticate on either the STO or NW servers - so it's not one game - the entire game login server seems to be having major issues (although Forum authentication seems unaffected as I had no problem logging onto the Forums to post this.)

You guys at Cryptic really need to get your network hardware in order as occasional hiccups are one thing, but something like this be it login or other major server issues seem to happen 3 - 4 times a wek for long stretches. As your offerings are all F2P - it's a sure way to turn off new players before they even get to try the games you have out.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • xparr15xparr15 Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Tried to change char, game DC'd and froze that the same time (that was nice), killed game, now launcher can't authenticate.
  • jnadrethjnadreth Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    MMO Server Status says the Account server is down and has been for 12 mins :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.