test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

in 5 hours beautiful orions max mil/eng/sci

Comments

• omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Its kind of like Charlie and Lucy with the football, just as he goes to kick it she yanks it out of the way. Arrggg.
  • bensisko3bensisko3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wait are people seriously complaining over a fleet selling their items that they worked towards at a certain price to other people who couldn't keep up?

Good luck with your boycott. As long as they have a corner on the market, people will buy it. People want the best stuff, even more so in a video game where making virtual money is incredibly simple and just takes a little bit of time. You will see overall prices drop as more and more fleets unlock everything as well because the fleets will be competing with one another for sales.

Unless people actually gets scammed meaning they took money and didn't give you product, people will buy the product. If they took half your money and then said oh by the way the price is now double, then you might have a point. If they simply doubled the price because they realized they could sell it for more then that's just business.
  • kolarkortarkolarkortar Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the sad thing was they never had a corner on the market except in price , all other fleets sell at 20 million or more , they cornered it by selling at half the price making me and many more willing to pay 10 million a pop for 1 item to just a few

now other fleets like Massive who had this all before them were advertising 25 million but they didint change prices or cause ill will other then aww i dont have enough , but they just lowered theirs to 20 million so the boycott can happen seeing there is no benefit at all for supporting HOBO by paying them 20 million when all others have same price and didint cause ill will to people waiting to buy items
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited July 2013
    From a more economic standpoint HOBO would be fools to lower the price for a better product than the competitor has for a lesser product. Once more KDF fleets ding T5 the price will then begin to go down as those fleets will want customers and HOBO will then lower the price to market standard as the standard drops. It is what it is, and many on the exchange has no clue by selling for 1/2 of what the competion does rather than the same and I think some of those are making complaints that HOBO are not as dumb as them.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the sad thing was they never had a corner on the market except in price , all other fleets sell at 20 million or more , they cornered it by selling at half the price making me and many more willing to pay 10 million a pop for 1 item to just a few

now other fleets like Massive who had this all before them were advertising 25 million but they didint change prices or cause ill will other then aww i dont have enough , but they just lowered theirs to 20 million so the boycott can happen seeing there is no benefit at all for supporting HOBO by paying them 20 million when all others have same price and didint cause ill will to people waiting to buy items

Its up to you whether to buy or not, but please stop spamming our thread.In the meantime I will get back to enjoying my elite pets:cool:
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    actually they did in a previous post on this thread

Yes, and before you got your invite, it was stated that the prices would increase:
    see the 'our store' page on the website for this kind of information. it also features a countdown timer to let you know when the pets are available (currently 35 hours).

be aware that the 10m price will increase once the pets are available in the store.

The very next post is the one in which you began to protest the increase before it had yet happened.

Other KDF fleets (and KDF-allied Romulan fleets) exist; few are at the top tier in everything. Maybe you could join one of those and help it get to top tier, and then be satisfied that you worked for what you got (of course, this will cost you more in the long run ...). I wonder which would take longer, getting a fleet maxed out or raising 20 million EC. Somehow, I think it would be raising 20 million EC.

Having said this, I do think the cost is rather steep, but if others are willing and able to pay it (and apparently, they are, and have been paying that amount to other fleets), then a small number of people complaining about HoBO raising their prices to the same as those of other fleets is most unlikely to have any desirable effect.
    edited July 2013
    jetwtf wrote: »
    From a more economic standpoint HOBO would be fools to lower the price for a better product than the competitor has for a lesser product. Once more KDF fleets ding T5 the price will then begin to go down as those fleets will want customers and HOBO will then lower the price to market standard as the standard drops. It is what it is, and many on the exchange has no clue by selling for 1/2 of what the competion does rather than the same and I think some of those are making complaints that HOBO are not as dumb as them.

true you think selling at the high price is smart economically but if you sell 20 million a pop , you lose out to the bigger player base who there will be more of who wont think twice at buying at 10 million a pop , its basicly how big corporations win like wallmart over the small stores , they sell alot more at a cheaper price.
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Its up to you whether to buy or not, but please stop spamming our thread.In the meantime I will get back to enjoying my elite pets:cool:

not spamming im having a open conversation in the public forums you may not like it but that is your choice as is mine to speak my mind within the terms of this forums rules.

protogoth wrote: »
    Yes, and before you got your invite, it was stated that the prices would increase:

The very next post is the one in which you began to protest the increase before it had yet happened.

Other KDF fleets (and KDF-allied Romulan fleets) exist; few are at the top tier in everything. Maybe you could join one of those and help it get to top tier, and then be satisfied that you worked for what you got (of course, this will cost you more in the long run ...). I wonder which would take longer, getting a fleet maxed out or raising 20 million EC. Somehow, I think it would be raising 20 million EC.

Having said this, I do think the cost is rather steep, but if others are willing and able to pay it (and apparently, they are, and have been paying that amount to other fleets), then a small number of people complaining about HoBO raising their prices to the same as those of other fleets is most unlikely to have any desirable effect.

yes they advertised they were gonna get done with it sense the 26th saying repeatedly for pricing go to there websites store i have been there a few times and it said 10 million for hanger pets and all items except fleet ships , now last day they change it to 20 million thats as bad as cryptic with there promises , and i point out HOBO because they repeatedly said they care more about there reputation then having unhappy customers
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    protogoth wrote: »
    I wonder which would take longer, getting a fleet maxed out or raising 20 million EC. Somehow, I think it would be raising 20 million EC.

Completing all the fleet holdings costs much more than 20 million EC. See phyrexianhero's post:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=620201
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
    edited July 2013
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Completing all the fleet holdings costs much more than 20 million EC. See phyrexianhero's post:

exactly they did it for themselves and its a added way of paying for future supplies and recouping costs by having people pay a fee , im not denying the point of a fee , i am however speaking to the shameful practice of price hiking in the last few hours before it was ready after stating on there own website that prices will be 10 million for fleet weapons deflectors shields hanger pets etc , with one line saying fleet hanger pets will not be available till T5 com array is completed

and i tried many times to contact them about buying items from them for the 10 million

but i do see some of the members of HOBO are decent seeing one invited me to there starbase to buy items for 10 million just 5 mins ago
  • xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I my self and only my self have completed tier 2 star base be for i started to add any body.

As of right now i have a little bit under 100 members.We are currently working tier 4 but in the mist of completing tier three up grades.

Bye the time i started to add any body i was half way threw the tier 3 projects.

I have been building the star base since the start of the star base build since day one it took one person with many chars/toons to complete tier one in one month it is not that hard.

Best place other then exchange to get common doffs is at the star base in the bank room.These are in packs of one and you can collect up to 50.For me it was cheaper to bye them with fleet credits then spend tons of energy credits on Fleet doff packs.And i made tons of EC bye selling the extra doffs on exchange.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
    edited July 2013
    xcom43 wrote: »
    I my self and only my self have completed tier 2 star base be for i started to add any body.

As of right now i have a little bit under 100 members.We are currently working tier 4 but in the mist of completing tier three up grades.

Bye the time i started to add any body i was half way threw the tier 3 projects.

I have been building the star base since the start of the star base build since day one it took one person with many chars/toons to complete tier one in one month it is not that hard.

Best place other then exchange to get common doffs is at the star base in the bank room.These are in packs of one and you can collect up to 50.For me it was cheaper to bye them with fleet credits then spend tons of energy credits on Fleet doff packs.And i made tons of EC bye selling the extra doffs on exchange.

i have to say that is a great accomplishment for you to do mostly on your own , Fed fleet i am in is done and we are focused on the KDF with tier 5 shipyard done and tier 4 engineering and tier 3 science , we will get there and even tho that HOBO member gave me access to get the items i wanted badly i will keep donating to my fleets to help others
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nothing like the Fanatics of Capitalism, always with the excuses when the powerful use that to mess with others.

There are many who specifically saved up for the advertized price of ten million, I know some. When you set it up so people save up for it, then at the last minute jack up you prices that's cruel and unethical especially after all the work and sacrifice people went to to meet the advertized.

My suggestion is starting a boycott of HOBO and its spinoff over it unethical move. Wait a month or two and other more Ethical Fleets will have them too. Let HOBO make nothing.

I hope the Developers see how toxic the Fleet System is becoming.
    true you think selling at the high price is smart economically but if you sell 20 million a pop , you lose out to the bigger player base who there will be more of who wont think twice at buying at 10 million a pop , its basicly how big corporations win like wallmart over the small stores , they sell alot more at a cheaper price.

not spamming im having a open conversation in the public forums you may not like it but that is your choice as is mine to speak my mind within the terms of this forums rules.

yes they advertised they were gonna get done with it sense the 26th saying repeatedly for pricing go to there websites store i have been there a few times and it said 10 million for hanger pets and all items except fleet ships , now last day they change it to 20 million thats as bad as cryptic with there promises , and i point out HOBO because they repeatedly said they care more about there reputation then having unhappy customers

You nailed it.

For the record my problem is with the last minute price change of hobo, not with the actual price, although it is silly high given that the ec cap for silver players is 10 million ec.

Notice that massively isn't getting bashed?

Its because they didn't bait and switch at the last minute.

I wonder who the next kdf fleet getting to sci 5 will be, whose the closest?
    edited July 2013
    more will be finishing soon enough but i know massivly has been upfront about what they have and the prices and even lowered there prices, if you want elite items people i suggest this link it will help you out and they even have discounts to groups on a case by case basis

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=730961
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    frtoaster wrote: »

Oh, yes, I know. I'm pretty sure that I've put more than 20 million into the fleet my Orion is in (not HoBO, btw, although it should be obvious by now that I have nothing against HoBO, and in fact, I also have a close friend in that fleet).
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    T5 starbase, T0 social life.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ahh i see so less then a few hours you price hike your access for items to 20 million well played with not having said you were gonna till a few hours to go

and you keep saying your the most comprehensive KDF fleet in sto yet were many months behind other fleets and now charge the same and more then some , but now that i see the last min money grab it is shameful that a fleet that thinks so highly of itself has done something like this
    its never been claimed that we are the furthest advanced fleet in sto. but we are indeed the furthest advanced fleet in the kdf.

no other kdf fleet can sell you t5 ships, t5 weapons, t3 embassy, AND t5 pets. we created our corner of the market by being the first kdf fleet to offer these items to the faction. we were first to t3 ships and t3 weapons and kept the momentum going. the only thing that we didnt offer first was t5 pets, which incidentally is the only thing i know of that massively has available.
    more will be finishing soon enough but i know massivly has been upfront about what they have and the prices and even lowered there prices, if you want elite items people i suggest this link it will help you out and they even have discounts to groups on a case by case basis

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=730961
    so 20m is a fair price to pay for pets only, but 20 is totally unreasonable for a full t5 store. im not sure i follow, but have a nice life anyway.
    edited July 2013
    I wonder who the next kdf fleet getting to sci 5 will be, whose the closest?
    my money is on pride of the empire.
    edited July 2013
    one last thing to note before hopefully putting all this store discussion to bed for good: the only persons that have not received followup to their mails are fed fleets looking to wheel and deal. if anyone has sent mail asking about the store they have either had their question answered, referred to somebody that can do something for them, or dealt with by myself.

the webpage has always been very clear that t5 pets were not available at the 10m fee. everybody that i came in contact with was warned (even within this thread) that the fee would increase once the pets became available.
    edited July 2013
    its never been claimed that we are the furthest advanced fleet in sto. but we are indeed the furthest advanced fleet in the kdf.

no other kdf fleet can sell you t5 ships, t5 weapons, t3 embassy, AND t5 pets. we created our corner of the market by being the first kdf fleet to offer these items to the faction. we were first to t3 ships and t3 weapons and kept the momentum going. the only thing that we didnt offer first was t5 pets, which incidentally is the only thing i know of that massively has available.

so 20m is a fair price to pay for pets only, but 20 is totally unreasonable for a full t5 store. im not sure i follow, but have a nice life anyway.

Massivly beat you to it so wrong on the first count , there were 2 others too , my fleet has access to T5 ships which we dont charge for , and your still not getting the point , you shamefully lied about your prices jacking them up the last day , your page before it was edited now yesterday said hanger pets and items for 10 million but that your T5 science was not done yet
    one last thing to note before hopefully putting all this store discussion to bed for good: the only persons that have not received followup to their mails are fed fleets looking to wheel and deal. if anyone has sent mail asking about the store they have either had their question answered, referred to somebody that can do something for them, or dealt with by myself.

the webpage has always been very clear that t5 pets were not available at the 10m fee. everybody that i came in contact with was warned (even within this thread) that the fee would increase once the pets became available.

What about me and my 2 Fleetmates who contacted your website thru the contact us option , and yet again another lie it did say at the 10 million price but that it was not done yet and nothing about the price going up , you should really look at your web page more

but to all i suggest you find another fleet like massivly http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=730961

I had only tried to contact this fleet because of the price why not it was the cheapest but now no longer is
  • sneyepersneyeper Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Hobos are correct in that they have everything available now, and they are the only ones.

The Massive does not sell fleet ships on either fed or kdf. It is a fleet choice that we made to not deal with the issues of fleet invites, provisions, etc. Hobos are the only KDF fleet I know that do sell ships.

The Massive KDF currently has t5 pets and t3 embassy. In 5 days we will have t5 weapons, which will make our nonship offerings exactly the same as hobos. So yes Hobos were first to market with all nonship offerings by 5 days. However, we have a fed base too...

The Massive FED currently has t3 embassy. In less than 12 hours we will have t5 pets, and two weeks after we will have t5 weapons. We do offer an account option that includes fed+kdf.
    edited July 2013
    sneyeper wrote: »
    Hobos are correct in that they have everything available now, and they are the only ones.

The Massive does not sell fleet ships on either fed or kdf. It is a fleet choice that we made to not deal with the issues of fleet invites, provisions, etc. Hobos are the only KDF fleet I know that do sell ships.

The Massive KDF currently has t5 pets and t3 embassy. In 5 days we will have t5 weapons, which will make our nonship offerings exactly the same as hobos. So yes Hobos were first to market with all nonship offerings by 5 days. However, we have a fed base too...

The Massive FED currently has t3 embassy. In less than 12 hours we will have t5 pets, and two weeks after we will have t5 weapons. We do offer an account option that includes fed+kdf.

if you do not stop advertising your store in our thread, i am going to start giving away invites for free.
  • kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    T5 starbase, T0 social life.

Lol.... :D:D
    Once upon a time in galaxy far far away......
  • jarheardjarheard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jetwtf wrote: »

im sorry to be blunt ..but if u speak from an economic point of view u should be fired from ur job...like now! :eek:

i deal with economic every day in real life..and what hobo did is anything but smart..they were followed by spectre on fed side..massive kdf style on this side ..and god knows who else..

all of the above including hobo can make a killing selling pets for 10mil ..many times over for charging 20 mil.....massive kdf were the only smart fleet giving also a 50mil account access for us with many toons..
    and just to make it crystal clear...most rich players out there have multiple toons.

just a show of example how 10mil is better then 20 from real life :

microsoft , apple ( at first ) , google ( with smartphones) -> all followed the basic rule of selling.....first get a hold of ur market ..then u can raise the price..

companies that didnt follow that lost or loosing the market...IBM lost vs microsoft ...apple almost went bankrupt in 2003 vs microsoft as well ( apple was cheap at first ) , and soon to be apple loosing smartphone ground vs google's android .

and there are many more examples.

at 20mil ..most players will think a lot b4 getting the pets..and ull end up with people paying more .but a small number of people .

with 10mil u gonna have a blackfriday of people coming to u , who cant dish out 10mil .

oh im sure non of u would listen ..economy lamens never do ..and thus ull end up like spectre guys
    having to yell on all chat zones that u sell a pet store for 5mil cause nobody would come near u cause they think u just a bunch of ripoffs .

same goes for apple that except in US maybe is holding now just 25% tops of the smartphone market...
    have fun with that .

p.s
    im too rich to care bout that stuff..if i need it i will pay even the 20mil ( and i got 5 toons atleast that need pets on the kdf side ) , so im not vested in what i wrote on the above , just laughing my ars off another oh so predictable human behavior.
  • pieeatterpieeatter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    HOBO is a great fleet, the leaders are fair and helpful I love it here, kdf ftw...
    Punish the feds!!!
  • captaintrueheartcaptaintrueheart Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I wonder if the devs saw selling fleet access/items/etc. coming when they created this whole "things for fleets do as a group" idea.

Another question is at what point do fleets start arranging for real money transfers to take place. I can see the dev team not wanting anyone to push in on their business of separating people from their money.
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
    Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
    U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
  • sneyepersneyeper Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    if you do not stop advertising your store in our thread, i am going to start giving away invites for free.

I was just clarifying the differences between our two fleets .. which you mentioned. If you are going to call it an ad though, I can go back and add prices and a list of who to contact. Changing fleet policy to spite me though is a bit extreme ... I had no idea I had that kind of influence :cool:
    edited July 2013
    i tried to keep the sales talk out of this thread. i havent even marketed hobr in this thread.
    you and your shill should not have turned this thread into a sales thread for massively. the result is a huge erosion of trust. you can explain to your masters on esd that your influence has kicked off a price war kdf-side. any arrangements we may have had in place are now null and void.
    sneyeper wrote: »
    I was just clarifying the differences between our two fleets .. which you mentioned. If you are going to call it an ad though, I can go back and add prices and a list of who to contact. Changing fleet policy to spite me though is a bit extreme ... I had no idea I had that kind of influence :cool:

effective immediately beautiful orions t5 base invites are reduced from 20m to 10m ec.
    thats 10m ec access to the only fully tiered base in the kdf.
    http://beautifulorions.com/community/pages/store/

if you bought at the higher price please contact whomever invited you.
  • milandaremilandare Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Epic! Free ferengi market economics at work. If this makes sense to you, go for it! It's a personal choice and nothing wrong with it.

I was going to be all smug and say my humble Fed fleet is already there, but it seems we're gloating already so I don't even get to be humble or smug. Nonetheless, with all that is stacked against the KDF, and all that is stacked with regards to this fleet name, CONGRATULATIONS!

Great work. Your leaderboard looks perfectly rational. There's F2P folks who'll work their butts off, and there's well-to-do individuals who will chip in for the greater good. All good.
    edited July 2013
    i tried to keep the sales talk out of this thread. i havent even marketed hobr in this thread.
    you and your shill should not have turned this thread into a sales thread for massively. the result is a huge erosion of trust. you can explain to your masters on esd that your influence has kicked off a price war kdf-side. any arrangements we may have had in place are now null and void.

effective immediately beautiful orions t5 base invites are reduced from 20m to 10m ec.

to the only fully tierd kdf for 2 more days , now with the price reduction dont you feel silly for having doubled it last min in that shameful act of greed over honor , not very KDF of you
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited July 2013

This whole topic make me think of this :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65l7RHUx2A
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]