test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you DEV's care anymore?

Comments

• tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2013
    The fixes in todays patch were important enough to be necessary. (i.e. game breaking, or nearly)
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zerobang wrote: »
    7 fixes after 2 weeks?

*slow golf clap*

That is roughly 2 bug fixes per 2 work days, that doesn't require a 40+ Dev Team, that requires maybe ONE or TWO Devs ... three tops.

either everyone has been on vacation (well deserved if so), or i don't know what they are working on... not fxiing stuff on Holodeck anyway. Or maybe they are holding out on us and there will be something with 50+ lines next week or so.

I don't know what they are up to and the lack of communication is disturbing.

I do agree the # of fixes was low but:
    1) It's Summer, people tend to take vacations. They might not have everyone on board.
    2) Not all bugs are created equal. Some are harder to fix.

On the other had, it's frustrating that there are so many old bugs in the game.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Enjoy the game, don't whine, offer constructive feedback, discuss with forum members, the Devs will respond if they think it's appropriate or useful. Don't forget us posters here are a tiny minority of the game population and we certainly don't speak for everyone. -- Matt Johnson

Mind if I use this in my sig? It's possibly the most eloquent thing ever said on the forums by a player.

And true.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zerobang wrote: »
    7 fixes after 2 weeks?

*slow golf clap*

That is roughly 2 bug fixes per 2 work days, that doesn't require a 40+ Dev Team, that requires maybe ONE or TWO Devs ... three tops.

either everyone has been on vacation (well deserved if so), or i don't know what they are working on... not fxiing stuff on Holodeck anyway. Or maybe they are holding out on us and there will be something with 50+ lines next week or so.

I don't know what they are up to and the lack of communication is disturbing.

Clearly, you know zero about coding, especially on the level of STO. For every line of code that goes into a game of this size, there's always the potential of something down the line TRIBBLE up. Maybe not the top 10 most obvious places, but somewhere, there's always the chance. Therefore, you need at least two other people to check every possible contingency. And with there easily being over 1M lines of code in this game alone (another that I used to play, now gone, had 1.6M at game's end), that's an awful lot of stuff to check. Even at 40 developers, that's 25K lines per person to check. Could you do that in less than a day? Didn't think so.
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Not all bugs are created equal. Some are harder to fix.

This is true, a good example is the beta thoridor patrol, they're having trouble locking that one down, as it does not affect all players.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    And a note on "so many patches, and now bugfixes?!?!?!"

After a launch like this, the priority is to get a stable build, that isn't doing crazy things, or crashing, or whatever. (If you were paying very close attention. . . you may have noticed this.) So, you work on the things that are causing those crazy things and crashes. While there may be plenty of other bugs, we delay working on those (or in this case, are already fixing those in a later branch.), because touching anything else has the potential of introducing NEW bugs, which could further complicate the issue, cause more crashes, and make it even harder to track down the original issue.

So, many of the bugs people are bringing up have likely been addressed already, but will be coming out later, once we have the build that the game is running on currently, more stable and working well.

How did we go from a stable tribble build to this?

Is tribble and holodeck so different and that is the reason?
    Which then begs the question, why bother to test stuff on there in the first place?

Genuine question....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• nafeasonto1nafeasonto1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And as my point proven, not one DEV has responded. Not even to say "we are considering these ideas." Or even, telling me to shut up. Or my ideas are bad.

NOT ONE dev response.

This is what makes me the most angry. 7 pages later.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And as my point proven, not one DEV has responded. Not even to say "we are considering these ideas." Or even, telling me to shut up. Or my ideas are bad.

NOT ONE dev response.

Ummmm Tacofangs made two posts??
    GwaoHAD.png
  • comitatuscomitatus Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not an expert on coding for this game or anything, but I do know that for each action there is an equal reaction...it may not be today or tomorrow, but it will ripple to other areas. I know at my job, it'll take 4 or 5 highly qualified people each with at least a master's level of degree to sort out one problem just to have it rebound in another form some time later.

I play this game to have fun...I met some awesome people as a result of this game and we vent it up every night. It annoys me to have downtime during prime time playing hours...so fix the major stuff first please. Then if it is attainable...then little nit-picky stuff.

Thanks for working hard devs...you are definitely appreciated by me.
  • danteandersendanteandersen Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »

Which then begs the question, why bother to test stuff on there in the first place?

Genuine question....

Easier to throw a patch on Tribble if something breaks there... not as easy on Holodeck. Also, Holodeck can be a different beast, especially when any patch comes in contact with the players at large. Since the workload on Holodeck is much larger than Tribble, pulling that many resources could cause problems with the new patch, which was tested under a lower resource load (where 50 people access part of a fix on Tribble, that same fix is going to be accessed by possibly thousands at one time on the live server, which can do unexpected things sometimes)

-END OF LINE
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    You've got a point.

Dan Stahl, for example, gets ragged on just about every time he posts something. Even if he's posting good news, someone will often start in complaining about something else.

I hate to even mention his name... you watch, someone will reply to this thread and complain about him.

Dan Stahl airlocked my cat. True story*.

Genuine question....

The primary difference between Tribble and Holodeck? Tens of thousands more concurrent players.

NOT ONE dev response.

You're right, there wasn't one dev response; there were two. Same dev, but still. The fact you missed those responses says something about the objections to lack of dev presence; it's not entirely accurate. :)

* not actual true story
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    You're right, there wasn't one dev response; there were two. Same dev, but still.

Correction, it was actually 3 posts!
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited June 2013
    Easier to throw a patch on Tribble if something breaks there... not as easy on Holodeck. Also, Holodeck can be a different beast, especially when any patch comes in contact with the players at large. Since the workload on Holodeck is much larger than Tribble, pulling that many resources could cause problems with the new patch, which was tested under a lower resource load (where 50 people access part of a fix on Tribble, that same fix is going to be accessed by possibly thousands at one time on the live server, which can do unexpected things sometimes)

-END OF LINE
    The primary difference between Tribble and Holodeck? Tens of thousands more concurrent players.

Both of those answers just strengthen the reasons to not have tribble and redshirt.

This update just magnify's not having them, as it pretty much went live with most of the reported bugs that were on them.
    Might as well just release stuff straight to holodeck, and deal with any problems as they arise. Just like they are doing now....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Both of those answers just strengthen the reasons to not have tribble and redshirt.

This update just magnify's not having them, as it pretty much went live with most of the reported bugs that were on them.
    Might as well just release stuff straight to holodeck, and deal with any problems as they arise. Just like they are doing now....

You would not be saying that if they released the bug that caused them to have to wipe tribble characters.... nothing like having too wipe your characters on holodeck to bring all the player base into the forums.

The game ending bugs never made it into Holodeck thanks to test servers.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not employed by Cryptic or PWE. At all. They don't even get to give me assignments, or they'd have to pay me.

You are free labor, that is why volunteer jobs for corporations should be illegal. They are exploiting you to save resources that should be spent on professional, experienced people, or people in training. AKA: Support Staff. But we all know that PWEs support staff is scarce and nearly non existent. Because pinching pennies is more important than quality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hevach wrote: »
    "I quit" threads get closed for a lot of reasons. I note most of the ones I see. The last five I caught before the close on this forum had several things in common:

A. All of them were quitting for childish reasons
    B. All of them used profanity, four of the five used creative spellings or broken words to bypass the filter
    C. All of them made verifiably false statements (which I may add so have you)
    D. All five of them are still posting about in-game happenings and issues days and weeks after their tantrums.

Blizzard once upon a time posted statistics on I quit threads. Half didn't quit. Of those who did, half were back within three months, three fourths within six. That was a total of seven out of eight returning, which is significantly higher than the average of all cancelled accounts (slightly over half).

They are what they are: childish rants who believe by threatening to quit and drawing attention on themselves they are somehow making their concerns more urgent.

You cannot generalize why people quit as above...IRL great companies take feedback even from those disgruntled people who say...quit a job or drop off of a project. You are in denial by generalizing and more so by omitting "real" responses and feedback if you don't address these issues. You show that "DON'T CARE" attitude is rampart by forcing a viewpoint out of the forums before passing the feedback. Some might be childish but not all...this is from a company that don't care about bug tickets. I have a sleuth of tickets unresolved since STO launched 3 years ago...testimony to the "dont care attitude"
    STO has been broken since 3 yrs ago and cripping up with lots of bugs
    that are unfixed and will continue to do so....its a reality but if you don't like it...people are free to take thier business somewhere else...just that feedback is useless at least for Devs.....:D
    DUwNP.gif

edited June 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    You would not be saying that if they released the bug that caused them to have to wipe tribble characters.... nothing like having too wipe your characters on holodeck to bring all the player base into the forums.

The game ending bugs never made it into Holodeck thanks to test servers.

You have a point. One would hope though, that a bug of that magnitude would be caught in internal testing and never hit the test server in the first place ;)
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2013
    There are a great many things that can be (and are) tested on Tribble. Tribble serves a valuable purpose. However, there are also a few things that Tribble can't do, like having thousands of people play on it at once. There are some bugs that lay dormant for years, just waiting for the right time to spring forth. The trigger for those can be any number of things, but more people than are usually on our servers (say, like during the launch of a major expansion) is one of them.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You cannot generalize why people quit as above...IRL great companies take feedback even from those disgruntled people who say...quit a job or drop off of a project. You are in denial by generalizing and more so by omitting "real" responses and feedback if you don't address these issues. You show that "DON'T CARE" attitude is rampart by forcing a viewpoint out of the forums before passing the feedback. Some might be childish but not all...this is from a company that don't care about bug tickets. I have a sleuth of tickets unresolved since STO launched 3 years ago...testimony to the "dont care attitude"
    STO has been broken since 3 yrs ago and cripping up with lots of bugs
    that are unfixed and will continue to do so....its a reality but if you don't like it...people are free to take thier business somewhere else...just that feedback is useless at least for Devs.....:D

Perhaps they are not quite as focused on responding individually to any one individuals specific ticket as you personally would like to see. Instead they are focused on fixing any similar issues that might be affecting thousands of players. In other words - the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

They do care about their business and keeping it running while supplying us, the players, with this entertainment option. They are in business to make money. And they've been offering this game to the public for free for sometime now and yet are still making enough money to provide a free expansion to the game.

STO isn't "broken" and has been completely playable for over 3 years. At least it has been for me and probably thousands of others. If it was broken as you say, then neither of us would be here bothering to post in these forums. We would have long ago found some other means or ways in which to entertain ourselves and spend out entertainment money on.

The biggest issue prevalent in the STO community is not that Cryptic developers don't care about these forums or responding publicly on them (they do care about THEIR game because it means they have a job), it is the multitude of emotionally immature posters that abuse their privileges to post any sort of emotionally enraged, exaggerated rant that they can type out without bothering to actually stop for a second and apply some critical or logical thinking skills.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    However, there are also a few things that Tribble can't do, like having thousands of people play on it at once.

Would it not be possible to run a series of virtual clients on the test server to simulate the effects of high population figures?
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    adamkafei wrote: »
    Would it not be possible to run a series of virtual clients on the test server to simulate the effects of high population figures?

You can make 'em log in, but you can't make 'em act like real players...
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    You can make 'em log in, but you can't make 'em act like real players...

True I suppose, worth a thought though
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pyryck wrote: »
    The biggest issue prevalent in the STO community is not that Cryptic developers don't care about these forums or responding publicly on them (they do care about THEIR game because it means they have a job), it is the multitude of emotionally immature posters that abuse their privileges to post any sort of emotionally enraged, exaggerated rant that they can type out without bothering to actually stop for a second and apply some critical or logical thinking skills.

I'm not going to disagree that there are people who take the Fire!, Ready, Aim approach.

But this isn't a helpful generalization. It might even aggravate the situation.

Sometimes people just want to vent. Blow steam. If that helps them deal with their frustration, and they aren't specifically breaking forum rules, no problem.

The OP just wants to know that the Devs are not code-zombies who only care about their paychecks. One Dev has posted in here at least three times, supporting the hypothesis that the Devs do care about the game and how players feel about it. I hope that makes the OP feel a bit better about things. If not, well, somebody tried.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • urniv821urniv821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wufangchu wrote: »
    I personally feel that its most likely you never see dev's on here because its quite simply, too hostile of an environment. Look at how we treat each other.. One person expresses an opinion and the next so many replies are generally in the realm of name calling, insults, put down, negating and relegating that idea and person to the back of the bus.. Gods only know what we'd do to a dev should they dare come in here.. We sometimes make the worst of Klingon culture look like the most poofter-ish of snobby society.. Frankly, we make ourselves appear as if we have no class. We appear to be nothing but a bunch of over aged childish malcontents needing to give everyone else a bad time. Perhaps it is we, who doesnt really care?

^^^ this guy.

+
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
  • danteandersendanteandersen Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2013

So, you would rather them throw untested code onto the live server and HOPE it sticks? If that was the case, STO would be down more than it would be up since without proper testing on Tribble, there would be a LOT more game-breaking bugs. If you're whining NOW, imagine if they didn't test it? The game would be dead in a month.

Do me a favor? Don't EVER make an MMO. EVER! Of course, all the flame wars on your forums for said game about you being a moron for not testing code before releasing it would be a fun read.

-END OF LINE
  • nitsua116nitsua116 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am just going to chime in, offer my .02, EC whatever have you.

I have been following STO for almost as long as it has been around. I joined the forums back when perpetual still had the IP (I realize I can't back that up with much, since the forums changed, but there it is). I watched as Perpetual floundered and I watched my hopes for the next great chapter of Star Trek go down the drain.

Then here comes Cryptic. They saved the day. I pre-ordered the collectors edition before I could even think about what I was doing. I watched as Atari dumped Cryptic and left them to flounder in the cold of space.

Mr. Stahl left sometime in there, and I knew the game was finished. I have ALWAYS respected how he ran things, and while I know he is not the ENTIRE team, he was crucial.

Enter PWE. Enter FTP. DStahl comes back. This game turned in a good direction, mostly. Remastered missions, new content, New ships. The NEXT ENTERPRISE. So many good things. Admittedly, I am not 100% a fan of the lockboxes or how the rep system works. I think that the lockboxes, and some of the new ship combo packs (Starting with the Odyssey) seem like a bit of a money grab, but you can buy ALL of those ships, and even MOST (if not all) of the reward packs on the Exchange, or by converting Dil to Zen.

I dunno what point I am trying to make here so I will just say this: STO has come a LONG way from launch. Many things have gotten better, sure, somethings need fixing still, but overall I feel like it is improved.

Again, Sorry to ramble. I feel like the Devs care.

$.02.
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The DEV's were very active at one point.

Then there was a mishap with a Dev making a unfortunate, yet innocent, remark on aonther forum, and then from one day to another, dev participation dropped from High, to very low in a matter of hours.

Innocent? I hope you're not referring to a certain twitter response to a certain massively article by a certain community member who mass insulted the entire community in a very ignorant and offensive manner, only to have a certain dev agree with her.

If thats the case, I call bs. There was nothing innocent about it
    Blizzard once upon a time posted statistics on I quit threads. Half didn't quit. Of those who did, half were back within three months, three fourths within six. That was a total of seven out of eight returning, which is significantly higher than the average of all cancelled accounts (slightly over half).

and you seriously believe everything blizzard, or any other company, tells you?
    A. All of them were quitting for childish reasons
    B. All of them used profanity, four of the five used creative spellings or broken words to bypass the filter
    C. All of them made verifiably false statements (which I may add so have you)
    D. All five of them are still posting about in-game happenings and issues days and weeks after their tantrums.

You done belittling people yet?
    but the game is free to play and it has everything to do with it. you cant just dismiss that rather incredibly large fact because it does not suit your argument.

you never have to pay a single bit of money ever if you dont want to. nothing is forced on. no fleet weapon is needed. no lock box has to be open, no reputation system is required. you are getting a large game that is constantly growing for free if you want and you can earn almost everything from just playing the game. or you can throw shed loads of money at it, if you want.

it is always your choice.

Circular logic. If you want the full content you very much do have to. To say nothing of the fact that has nothing to do with anything he said there
    And if you claim it's not like this, you're the guy in red.

Except thats not how it works. Stop belittling people
    Yeah, that optional vanity item sure takes a while to get.

There is nothing vanity about it. Nor is there anything optional about it, if you want the full content of the game, period.
    every single person, who has never paid a dime into this game, of whom there are thousands, disagrees with you.

Which consists of a grand total of zero people. If you have ever traded for so much as 1 zen you have been involved with real money in this game. Period. Don't tell me there are people that have been here any length of time and haven't done so. Don't even try, if you do its bs.
    Consider this; they may no longer respond to our every little desire and complaint because they take entirely too much flak from the player fanbase when they do as thier responses are quickly taken out of context and often twisted into false-truths that are far removed from thier intentions.

Thats called blaming the victims.
    Don't forget us posters here are a tiny minority of the game population and we certainly don't speak for everyone.

Blatant lie designed to shut people up. There is no 'vocal minority' the forum is a large cross section of the game, that does represent what people are thinking. Don't even try to claim otherwise. This is not some kind of inverse alternate universe where everything is opposite.
    There is a monthly ask cryptic. There are pieces of information in the interviews, yes a lot of it is a rehash but there are sometimes new nuggets of details.

You mean the same dozen questions that are asked over and over again, by the same people and always given a vague, worthless answer to?
    This seems uninformed trolling IMO by someone who wants to be spoon-fed.

In other words you have no opinion. Thats what happens when the first words out of your mouth are accusing someone of being a troll
    It's by far the best game online right now that I have ever played

Then you haven't played very many
    As for ''I quit'' threads, I'd like to see a dev or mod close it with my favorite line for rage quitters: ''And nothing of value was lost.''

So...you want to see company employees belittle their customers in front of other customers then? I'm sure that will end well for them.
    I personally feel that its most likely you never see dev's on here because its quite simply, too hostile of an environment

Thats bs. To say nothing of the fact that it works both ways. Better take a look at the number of times we've been lied to and certain other incidents
    We appear to be nothing but a bunch of over aged childish malcontents needing to give everyone else a bad time

Speak for yourself. Don't belittle and insult everyone. Especially after accusing others of doing so
    Dan Stahl, for example, gets ragged on just about every time he posts something.

Yes, and with good reason. On more than one occasion he has flat out lied to us. That is a proven fact. Behavior like that is going to earn such statements. People do exactly what he himself said to do: judge him by what his track record. I don't think I need to remind you what that track record looks like

Good question

Also a good question. If this is the case, its useless as a test server

If thats what causing all these problems something is seriously wrong. It would completely negate the purpose of either test server

I've had it happen with another server. Thats why they have backups. Its also why things should be tested INTERNALLY before being released to a test server. If something that serious gets through to a test server without being noticed, someone isn't doing their job
    You are free labor, that is why volunteer jobs for corporations should be illegal. They are exploiting you to save resources that should be spent on professional, experienced people, or people in training. AKA: Support Staff. But we all know that PWEs support staff is scarce and nearly non existent. Because pinching pennies is more important than quality.

This. and for the record, don't be so sure that they don't have to pay syberghost technically. Need I remind anyone that Origin learned that the hard way, when their entire volunteer counselor staff sued them due to california labor laws requiring them to be paid? Most of their other volunteers as well. How about all the companies that freaked out and mass fired their volunteers because of it. Its the reason I would never, ever have volunteers of that sort, far too much liability.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,434 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dude:

To earn a full Omega set, Tier V is 34K dil each. That is 102K dil.

Now to earn that without paying a dime that will take: 13 days to save up.

Not to mention the month, if you work at it everyday for 30 days to get make Tier rep.

Now that's just ONE set on ONE character. Not to mention the griding it would take.
    Okay, I got this far in your post and could no longer read it, due to the involuntary rolling of my eyes.

Why, pray tell, do you feel you need a full Tier V Omega set? I'm not even clear on what that is, but I've been enjoying the game for almost two years now. Obviously, then, enjoyment can be garnered without this mysterious thing, whatever it may be.

Certainly, having specific sets of items can be a nice buff to the ol' epeen, but it's not like the term "gear check" has any actual meaning in this game...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Innocent? I hope you're not referring to a certain twitter response to a certain massively article by a certain community member who mass insulted the entire community in a very ignorant and offensive manner, only to have a certain dev agree with her.
    If thats the case, I call bs. There was nothing innocent about it
    and you seriously believe everything blizzard, or any other company, tells you?
    You done belittling people yet?
    Circular logic. If you want the full content you very much do have to. To say nothing of the fact that has nothing to do with anything he said there
    Except thats not how it works. Stop belittling people
    There is nothing vanity about it. Nor is there anything optional about it, if you want the full content of the game, period.
    Which consists of a grand total of zero people. If you have ever traded for so much as 1 zen you have been involved with real money in this game. Period. Don't tell me there are people that have been here any length of time and haven't done so. Don't even try, if you do its bs.
    Thats called blaming the victims.
    Blatant lie designed to shut people up. There is no 'vocal minority' the forum is a large cross section of the game, that does represent what people are thinking. Don't even try to claim otherwise. This is not some kind of inverse alternate universe where everything is opposite.
    You mean the same dozen questions that are asked over and over again, by the same people and always given a vague, worthless answer to?
    In other words you have no opinion. Thats what happens when the first words out of your mouth are accusing someone of being a troll
    Then you haven't played very many
    So...you want to see company employees belittle their customers in front of other customers then? I'm sure that will end well for them.
    Thats bs. To say nothing of the fact that it works both ways. Better take a look at the number of times we've been lied to and certain other incidents
    Speak for yourself. Don't belittle and insult everyone. Especially after accusing others of doing so
    Yes, and with good reason. On more than one occasion he has flat out lied to us. That is a proven fact. Behavior like that is going to earn such statements. People do exactly what he himself said to do: judge him by what his track record. I don't think I need to remind you what that track record looks like
    Good question
    Also a good question. If this is the case, its useless as a test server
    If thats what causing all these problems something is seriously wrong. It would completely negate the purpose of either test server
    I've had it happen with another server. Thats why they have backups. Its also why things should be tested INTERNALLY before being released to a test server. If something that serious gets through to a test server without being noticed, someone isn't doing their job
    This. and for the record, don't be so sure that they don't have to pay syberghost technically. Need I remind anyone that Origin learned that the hard way, when their entire volunteer counselor staff sued them due to california labor laws requiring them to be paid? Most of their other volunteers as well. How about all the companies that freaked out and mass fired their volunteers because of it. Its the reason I would never, ever have volunteers of that sort, far too much liability.

Perfect response to every statement. You have renewed my hope that some logical people still inhabit the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,434 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    potholes_zpsc7a881d1.jpg
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png